• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
In the reddit thread someone mentioned how one of the poems from an event before Heavenward was revealed also gave clues to what it would be about.

I think it's a good clue. Could be both ocean and Ala Mhigo based. I think someone mentioned that there are some large bodies of water around Ala Mhigo or something like that.
Yup.

ffxiv-maps-eorzea.jpg

How many countries are in Eorzea right now, that we as a player can visit? Limsa Lominsa, Gridania and Ul'dah?
And Ishgard (Heavensward).

I liked the suggestion that they might have some underwater areas, like an underground lab that might house Eden like in FF8.

EDIT: Thanks for the map. We've hit every land area on there except for Gyn Albania, Ala Mhigo and Xelphatol (the new 3.4 dungeon is called this I think). No clue about the Garlean Empire but for sure we're going to the 3 mentioned areas.

Pachimari

Oooh, nice map there! And cool with Ishgard, I don't think I have seen that country yet. So even more surprises ahead for me.

Oooh, nice map there! And cool with Ishgard, I don't think I have seen that country yet. So even more surprises ahead for me.

Most of Ishgard is locked behind the Heavensward expansion story that you won't be seeing for a long time, but you do go to one area of it eventually during the 2.0 main story.

Allard

Xelphatol getting reduced to one throaway dungeon is kinda sad.

It also makes me worried/expect the other two homelands are going to be dungeons too :/ O'Gomoro I can easily see being a dungeon, but Pagalth'n being a dungeon seems like a waste.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Seeing that map with Xelphatol confirmed plus the poem makes me think Ala Mhigo is basically confirmed.
3.1 story spoilers:
Yda and Papalymo also seem to be involved in the Ala Mhigo resistance. 3.x patch series will probably end with you getting the band back together and joining the Ala Migho resistance against the Garlean Empire.

3.1 story spoilers:
Yda and Papalymo also seem to be involved in the Ala Mhigo resistance. 3.x patch series will probably end with you getting the band back together and joining the Ala Migho resistance against the Garlean Empire.
I had completely forgotten about that lol

Squishy3

Xelphatol also makes me think we'll be seeing some Ixali that aren't thralls of Garuda during a cutscene.

Or it's just boring and we get a line that the people we're looking for passed through Xelphatol and we need to go in there and follow them. Either way, thinking we're entering Gyr Abania for the expansion that way instead of through the Shroud even though that's two+ patches away.

The one thing that interests me is there's another interview where they ask if they've decided on the title for patch 3.6.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Xelphatol also makes me think we'll be seeing some Ixali that aren't thralls of Garuda during a cutscene.

Or it's just boring and we get a line that the people we're looking for passed through Xelphatol and we need to go in there and follow them. Either way, thinking we're entering Gyr Abania for the expansion that way instead of through the Shroud even though that's two+ patches away.

The one thing that interests me is there's another interview where they ask if they've decided on the title for patch 3.6.
I wonder if itconnects to the ixal tribe quests since that heavily implies they should have reached heavensward.

aceface

I could have sworn I read a YoshiP interview pre-heavensward that they were trying to decide whether to do sky or sea based for the expansion, so they decided to do sky for heavensward and sea for the next one. I want boats.

Edit: I think this is what I was thinking of.

Q: Please tell us the theme for the expansion.
A: Maehiro: Well, naturally we're working on this now, and while I can’t go too deep into detail at this point in time, I can tell you that one of the themes revolves around a great conflict that spans across millennia. Beyond this, I can only ask you to stay tuned for additional details in the future.

Yoshida: I spoke a bit before about the expansion, and I said we were deciding on whether we should swim or fly. Well, we decided to go with flying so players can expect to look to the skies in the coming expansion.

Zomba13

WoW soured me on water stuff. I just really didn't enjoy the underwater region. I mean, if it is like boats and stuff and going to islands and beaches then I'm down with that, with some under water trials/dungeons in some Allagan labs, but I don't want swimming, even if it comes with a cool seahorse mount.

AgeEighty

The Thancred hair was exactly what I was waiting for for my Zidane glam.

Now there's just the wait for the Tantalus gear. Won't have it until March :( For now I can only stare at him in the fitting room:

57bfb6cf22c3926de566ccb9.jpg
57bfb71a22c3926de566cccd.jpg

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
WoW soured me on water stuff. I just really didn't enjoy the underwater region. I mean, if it is like boats and stuff and going to islands and beaches then I'm down with that, with some under water trials/dungeons in some Allagan labs, but I don't want swimming, even if it comes with a cool seahorse mount.
God mode leviathan incoming.

"GOTTA GET S'WHORL"

Teknoman

Leviathan and Titan were two of the most fun Primal fights imo, so i'd take more of that.

On that note, i'm still trying to decide whether I want to drop Paladin in favor of Dark Knight completely.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Leviathan and Titan were two of the most fun Primal fights imo, so i'd take more of that.

On that note, i'm still trying to decide whether I want to drop Paladin in favor of Dark Knight completely.
Maybe i am lazy but whats the deal with dark knight? He casts spells like draining the opponents health for his own right? Why should i learn him and not warrior?

Currently Dark Knight is the more active of the two. You have more oGCDs to use and you need to learn how to manage your mana (constantly drains with Darkside active and abilities like anything threat related and Dark Arts use it up).

Paladin is pretty basic in comparison.

I expected that to change for Heavenward so I'm going to keep my expectations low and assume that after everything is said and done Paladin will probably still be pretty plain to play compared to Warrior and Dark Knight after the next expansion is out.

Be careful with leveling other classes to 60 though since you might burn yourself out. You have to consider whether the time you'll end up spending on leveling another class is worth it or if it's just better to continue with what you have.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Currently Dark Knight is the more active of the two. You have more oGCDs to use and you need to learn how to manage your mana (constantly drains with Darkside active and abilities like anything threat related and Dark Arts use it up).

I expected that to change for Heavenward so I'm going to keep my expectations low and assume that after everything is said and done Paladin will probably still be pretty plain to play compared to Warrior and Dark Knight after the next expansion is out.

Be careful with leveling other classes to 60 though since you might burn yourself out. You have to consider whether the time you'll end up spending on leveling another class is worth it or if it's just better to continue with what you have.
Can dk's add more time on the dps clock by sacrifing their life for mp by using the hot cross bar action from Blm?

Guess Who

Banned
Dk is basically an armorred caster, thats some bull. But i guess it would be op on top of that.

DRK is definitely not a caster. It's as much a melee fighter as the other tanks. MP management is primarily about letting you use Dark Arts to buff your abilities and spamming AoE attacks for large pulls while keeping Darkside up.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
DRK is definitely not a caster. It's as much a melee fighter as the other tanks. MP management is primarily about letting you use Dark Arts to buff your abilities and spamming AoE attacks.
So samurai will be armored caster in 4.0? Call the power of the wind and slay foes?
Sept is long ways away.

Teknoman

See thats my thing. I've been a Paladin since well... 1.0 and although I enjoy playing with GAF and the story, just the general Paladin play style has gotten old. I like tanking, but I really wished the team would've shuffled things up with HW.

SkyOdin

How many countries are in Eorzea right now, that we as a player can visit? Limsa Lominsa, Gridania and Ul'dah?

Right now, roughly five. Ul'dah, Gridania, Limsa Lominsa, and Ishgard are the big ones. However, you can also visit the former territory of Sharlyan, which was once considered one of the six great city-states of Eorzea (the sixth being Ala Mhigo). The former Sharlyan territory is now being occupied by new immigrants who are establishing their own independent territory there, so five might still be accurate.

Of course, if you count the various beast-tribes, the number increases significantly. The Amal'jaa, Kobolds, Ixal, Sahagin, and Dragons all control territory that is similar in size to that controlled by the six city-states, and players can visit strongholds on the border of that territory. The Sylphs, Vanu Vanu, and Gnath also have their own independent territories in small corners of Eorzea. The Moogles always seem to end up as vassals or under the protection of other people though.

Finally, the adventurer's guild controls a fortress town which doesn't seem to be under the control of anyone, right in the middle of neutral/disputed territory. Eventually, Rowena will probably claim Revenant's Toll as the capital of her own private country bought with all of those tomestones, but that hasn't happened yet.

Allard

Idyllshire is not Sharlayan, it's just a colony. Sharlayan is farther up northwest.

True and not true. Idyleshire is a segment of the colony of sharlayan (the rest of it is the entire hinterlands) which the other city-states used to consider a city-state. We later find out that there is a true sharlayan far to the west beyond Eorzea. So it is a city-state of Eorzea, and it is also a colony.

I am thinking of getting back to this game, but Im afraid that I might have forgotten how to play it maybe......do you guys have any routines for these kind of situations? I would probably try and remember my attack pattern/rotation on the wooden dummies first.

Last thing I remember doing story wise was fight Leviathan, after that I just kept doing the Cloud of Darkness dungeon getting the armors for bard, then started leveling Scholar.

any tips? should I just keep doing the story as Bard or go through the early dungeons in order since they limit my levels, that way I can practice?

dramatis

I am thinking of getting back to this game, but Im afraid that I might have forgotten how to play it maybe......do you guys have any routines for these kind of situations? I would probably try and remember my attack pattern/rotation on the wooden dummies first.

Last thing I remember doing story wise was fight Leviathan, after that I just kept doing the Cloud of Darkness dungeon getting the armors for bard, then started leveling Scholar.

any tips? should I just keep doing the story as Bard or go through the early dungeons in order since they limit my levels, that way I can practice?
Go into dungeon

Push buttons

Push the buttons that light up with dotted borders

You're good.

Wilsongt

We already have some of those. I can see this being a plot point of the shroud Ixali trying to make a pushback against Garuda's thralls.

Xelphatol just a dungeon? That's rather disappointing. Though it's mostly mountains and such, they could of made a good area out of that.

Haven't been on the game in a couple months, been getting back into Destiny for RoI and Xenoverse 2 is just around the corner. My game time is limited as it is, but I'm invested in the story... I could put this off until November or near 3.5 but that would mean I'd be reduced to watching videos for the new Alex and the long queues that go with it.

There is also the rising event, loved last years event but I'm conflicted right now.

Akainu

What are people doing to get gp for that fenrir mount? Getting lucky with cacpot?

Knowing that you spend cash money to get sleipnir mount really devalues it for me.

AgeEighty

What are people doing to get gp for that fenrir mount? Getting lucky with cacpot?

I raised about half of it very slowly just playing cactpots, until they raised the MGP rewards for chocobo racing. I had never really gotten into it and still had a pedigree 1 bird, so I started working towards pedigree 9. It took about 5 days (and this was before they decreased the covering time), but that along got me the other half mil just about.

So I'd say if you raced chocobos you could probably get to a million MGP from zero in a week or two, depending on how dedicated you are. I was racing one of my FC mates to get mine, so I had plenty of motivation.

Just make sure you do the special races as you unlock them, as those are good for 20-30k MGP all on their own. The weekly challenges give you a good bit as well.

And also break away every hour at 45 minutes past the hour to do whatever Gold Saucer event is happening, as those are the quick ones (Typhon et al.) that can net you a nice prize if you win.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
I think Sharlayan being a colony of a place also called Sharlayan has been a thing since 1.0; it just barely came up- the colony was abandoned before the game even started.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta

Knowing that you spend cash money to get sleipnir mount really devalues it for me.
Well now they are raising the number of jumbo cactar tickets you can get it so it maybe easier if you want no effort at all.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Aw yea give me that sweet 0.003% chance
Hey its easier than a real lottery. I would have won a decent amount if the winning number werent read right to left.
I also have 167000gmp but honestly i want to get more triple triad cards. I think its maybe easier winning a tournament and getting a cloud card to boot.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

I just spammed GATEs for a month. They happen every :15 and :45 of the hour. So if I wasn't doing anything, I'd go do them real quick. I'd also get a few of the challenge log every week that were east. And of course, daily mini-cacpot.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
Eorzea's going to get pretty cramped after the next expansion pack. Good thing there's more continents.

I was going to say "There's still all the beast tribe land nobody cares about for an expansion!!" but apparently there's a lot of people who care about the Ixalis I missed.

Who's ready for the Sylph expansion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom