• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Well, I'm afraid to close the client and try to resume. All the times I tried that, it started the whole download over.
You sure it started over? The progress bar resets if you close the launcher midupdate but the total download size should shrink as well proportionately to what you previously downloaded.

RPGCrazied

You sure it started over? The progress bar resets if you close the launcher midupdate but the total download size should shrink as well proportionately to what you previously downloaded.

Well, I could try that. I have 920mb downloaded now out of 27gig. I really don't want to redownload that 920mb cause it really is going slower than usual.

Fuck me, it starts over! ;/ 0 out of 27082 downloaded. Look now its going fast, I bet you a hundred dollars when I hit the 550 mark it will slow to a crawl. This is getting ridiculous. Is there no way to download the game files somewhere else? No mirrors? Torrent?

And again, starts fast, stays fast until 525mb and craps out. If I had a problem with my internet I wouldn't have problem starting the download and downloading 500mb of data. I just downloaded 37gigs of WoW without a hitch.

SE really needs to work on their launcher. I give up.

error2.png

Well, I could try that. I have 920mb downloaded now out of 27gig. I really don't want to redownload that 920mb cause it really is going slower than usual.

Fuck me, it starts over! ;/ 0 out of 27082 downloaded. Look now its going fast, I bet you a hundred dollars when I hit the 550 mark it will slow to a crawl. This is getting ridiculous. Is there no way to download the game files somewhere else? No mirrors? Torrent?

And again, starts fast, stays fast until 525mb and craps out. If I had a problem with my internet I wouldn't have problem starting the download and downloading 500mb of data. I just downloaded 37gigs of WoW without a hitch.

SE really needs to work on their launcher. I give up.

error2.png

Tried starting the launcher with admin rights?

Can't remember if you said it's running from a wireless router or not but try with a direct ethernet link to your modem if you aren't already.

suzu

If all else fails, I guess you could download it elsewhere or from a friend, and then copy & paste the files to your flash drive.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Ran wiping city of micah with balmund. Greeded mhcn robes.

I keep mistaking mindjack with the other spell from dark souls.
Arithmetik keeps making people wipe.

RPGCrazied

Tried starting the launcher with admin rights?

Can't remember if you said it's running from a wireless router or not but try with a direct ethernet link to your modem if you aren't already.

If all else fails, I guess you could download it elsewhere or from a friend, and then copy & paste the files to your flash drive.

Yes, its wireless. Wow, luck was on my side? I downloaded the free trial launcher, had a different file name. Started it right before I went to bed. I checked on it once and it had over 3.5gig downloaded and still going fast! Woke up this morning with it done, thank god. It runs, but awful on this integrated video card. lol. Just want to transfer this over with wow on a usb stick onto my new computer I'm getting this week.

Then I noticed HS wasn't installed, so I do, start up launcher, and I have to download another 4gig or so? Wow, so close, watch it crap on me again. haha

EDIT: ALL DONE! :) Finally, transferring to USB as we speak. Finally. Remind me to make backups of this game as much as possible.

Teknoman

Yes, its wireless. Wow, luck was on my side? I downloaded the free trial launcher, had a different file name. Started it right before I went to bed. I checked on it once and it had over 3.5gig downloaded and still going fast! Woke up this morning with it done, thank god. It runs, but awful on this integrated video card. lol. Just want to transfer this over with wow on a usb stick onto my new computer I'm getting this week.

Then I noticed HS wasn't installed, so I do, start up launcher, and I have to download another 4gig or so? Wow, so close, watch it crap on me again. haha

EDIT: ALL DONE! :) Finally, transferring to USB as we speak. Finally. Remind me to make backups of this game as much as possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huQoDlHmqrE

Sifl

First week of wiping city: Ozma is too difficult for df

Now in wiping city: Forgall is too difficult for df

First week of wiping city: Ozma is too difficult for df

Now in wiping city: Forgall is too difficult for df
Things that are too hard pls nerf:

Killing zombie adds before they explode
Stunning the succubus
Not getting tagged by Doom
Cleansing Doom
Not killing the entire raid by facing the tail cleave away from the center
Standing on the fucking green AoE when he casts Megadeath

God I've had some miserable experiences these past few weeks. The materias aren't worth it, I'll just run PoTD instead

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta

Stunning the succubus
Cleansing Doom

God I've had some miserable experiences these past few weeks. The materias aren't worth it, I'll just run PoTD instead
Its like people dont even dare to check Doom on bar. And they die and just croak.

Sifl

Stunning the succubus
Cleansing Doom

This is probably the most infuriating. Melee can't move off the boss for 10-15 seconds to kill the adds, and the 2 ot's are too lazy to pick them up.

Ken

If none of the other two tanks pick up the zombies I just ignore them. Not going to chase zombies chasing sprinting healers cause the OTs are AFK.

Valor

If none of the other two tanks pick up the zombies I just ignore them. Not going to chase zombies chasing sprinting healers cause the OTs are AFK.

Yup. Once those zombos start bouncing around from person to person I just go back to the boss and say good luck to the rest of the raid.

Since they're bringing the Warring Triad to the game I was wondering how they would go about doing a boss like the last one in FF6. Maybe it would be something like Alex 6, except with no breaks inbetween each one.

Also they really need to give PLD an AOE rotation for 4.0 It's ridiculous that it's the only class that doesn't have some form of AOE damage (Circle of Scorn doesn't count).

Glad to see you got it fixed.

RPGCrazied

Since they're bringing the Warring Triad to the game I was wondering how they would go about doing a boss like the last one in FF6. Maybe it would be something like Alex 6, except with no breaks inbetween each one.

Also they really need to give PLD an AOE rotation for 4.0 It's ridiculous that it's the only class that doesn't have some form of AOE damage (Circle of Scorn doesn't count).

Glad to see you got it fixed.

Thank you! So am I. Really didn't want to have to stop playing and unsub.

Zomba13

If we don't fight a train in 4.0 (or 4.x) I'm unsubbing. Gimmie Doomtrain or the phantom train, let Godbert suplex it in a cutscene. C'mon, make me happy.

Wilsongt

This is how I feel all the time I am doing the Yokai event and not getting a drop.

Or when Final Steps of Faith pops up via trial roulette.

d2cr2bw.jpg

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
the yokai medals drop like after every fate though?
the legendary medals are like 50% drop rate from a fate i feel?
Closer to 25% I think, I've done about 200 fates and gotten 57 legendary medals. Wouldn't be so bad if the zones weren't so empty. Wish I had done this during the first week.

Leunam

Queued in progress for Trials and get a 0m pop up. At this stage it could be either Steps of Faith. Sure enough, it's final steps, and the tanks bailed without even a single run because they declared that people weren't well geared enough.

People have a serious aversion to just teaching others mechanics. If it doesn't work the first time then yeah, fuck off I guess if that's what you want, but at least give it a shot.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Queued in progress for Trials and get a 0m pop up. At this stage it could be either Steps of Faith. Sure enough, it's final steps, and the tanks bailed without even a single run because they declared that people weren't well geared enough.

People have a serious aversion to just teaching others mechanics. If it doesn't work the first time then yeah, fuck off I guess if that's what you want, but at least give it a shot.
Its either pass or kick on ultros. You die to nidhoggs hot wing? Kick. You die to titan land slide? Kick. You fail to aggro adds. Double kick. You die to ozma? Duty has ended.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
I hate not having a FC.
I had one where people were close but everything went to shit, because of 2-3 people so I left. Last thing I heard was that even the second in command were gone.

Now I'm in one of those "let's invite everyone" FC but I miss a smaller personal one were you also have contact outside of FF..
The missing social element really kills some of my enjoyment of the game.

Already tried looking for one, but the right mix of "hardcore enthusiasm" and "casual" is missing.

Its either pass or kick on ultros. You die to nidhoggs hot wing? Kick. You die to titan land slide? Kick. You fail to aggro adds. Double kick. You die to ozma? Duty has ended.

What an assholish behaviour lol

yaffi

Teaching other people mechanics/actually knowing what to do in the fight sometimes can get you only this far (talking about Steps here).

If people just randomly push buttons you fail the dps/healer check. The end.

Doesn't help that especially new people often don't say a single word. So how am I supposed to know if people are new to something or just bad at the game?

edit:

Talking about people being bad at the game. Did Sohm Al yesterday and there was this BLM (Mentor to boot, ilvl230+) literally pushing buttons at random, screwing up his Ice/Fire rotation and standing there without any MP 50% of the time. I mean, I wasn't 100% sure he just was trolling us. I actually thought about kicking him, but I said screw this, you can finish this dungeon even if you actively try to sabotage the run. We just wiped 2 times at the final boss, because no one seemed to be able to handle Meteor mechanics.

I hate not having a FC.
I had one where people were close but everything went to shit, because of 2-3 people so I left. Last thing I heard was that even the second in command were gone.

Now I'm in one of those "let's invite everyone" FC but I miss a smaller personal one were you also have contact outside of FF..

Already tried looking for one, but the right mix of "hardcore enthusiasm" and "casual" is missing.

I feel like there's a lot of people that want an FC like that but can't find one. I know I've wanted that for years now and never found one. The only FCs I see are uber hardcore or massive ones that no one really knows anyone.

I know I have an FC with my best friends but they barely do anything in the game (one hasn't even finished the 2.0 story after about 6 months of subscription)

Pachimari

I hate not having a FC.

Why don't you join GAF? I know it's not a small group, but you could get some people from here to play with regularly. What server are you on?

Teknoman

Yeah, its not small but its not exactly huge either. A good medium imo. Enough familiar faces but new faces that eventually become familiar as well.

But thats if you want to come to Ultros. On that note, i've had some pretty cool Duty finder experiences for trials, guildhests, and dungeons recently. Both fresh people and vets, some even with decent sense of humor that talk during battle/etc. or try to form plans before fights. That was pretty refreshing from your normal silent runs.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
look what I got today <3 ordered from amazon.co.jp. I've the next one already pre-ordered. It's a mix of artbook, interviews and information about merchandise.

the stickers I got are just adorable and will be put an my next macbook :D

I feel like there's a lot of people that want an FC like that but can't find one. I know I've wanted that for years now and never found one. The only FCs I see are uber hardcore or massive ones that no one really knows anyone.

I know I have an FC with my best friends but they barely do anything in the game (one hasn't even finished the 2.0 story after about 6 months of subscription)

Why don't you join GAF? I know it's not a small group, but you could get some people from here to play with regularly. What server are you on?
Yeah, its not small but its not exactly huge either. A good medium imo. Enough familiar faces but new faces that eventually become familiar as well.

But thats if you want to come to Ultros. On that note, i've had some pretty cool Duty finder experiences for trials, guildhests, and dungeons recently. Both fresh people and vets, some even with decent sense of humor that talk during battle/etc. or try to form plans before fights. That was pretty refreshing from your normal silent runs.
The problem would be the server switch. My fiancée does not want to leave Ragnarok b/c of the money. I mean it is expensive for two people :/.

ebil

There are people who genuinely want Normal mode to go. They don't realize it's never going to happen.

Please copy Mythic dungeons from WoW instead.

Sifl

All they have to do is not make normal mode braindead easy. I say this fully aware that I'll be complaining about people in df week 1 if this happened.

ebil

Honestly Normal is fine as is for its target audience. Midas Normal certainly wasn't "braindead easy" in DF the 7 weeks I ran it for my weapon and alt gear and plenty of wipes were had.

Zomba13

the yokai medals drop like after every fate though?
the legendary medals are like 50% drop rate from a fate i feel?

Nah, I went like, an hour, doing a load of fates and got no legendary medals. Everything was right though. Then they started to come after a while at the rate you expect. Was bizzare.

Sifl

Honestly Normal is fine as is for its target audience. Midas Normal certainly wasn't "braindead easy" in DF the 7 weeks I ran it for my weapon and alt gear and plenty of wipes were had.
You're right about it not being braindead easy week 1. I was referring more to the fact that normal and savage shouldn't have such a huge gap between them considering they are "raids". I feel like the gear progression should go like this:

filler gear (to try the normal raid right away)>tome gear( to make the normal raid easier)>normal raid gear>savage raid gear.

If they did it like this they'd have to make a new way to distribute the filler gear since that's what the normal raid is used for, and probably tweak the tomestone cap or prices for the gear. Normal raid being used to get filler gear for the new patch is the main reason why there's such a gap between it and savage.

Cmagus

I hate not having a FC.

That's what the GAF group is like on Sargatanas. Our group has been rather small and we've been together since 1.0 launched (original GAF FFXIV group before 2.0 started). While no group is perfect and right now it can be a bit quiet there is usually people willing to help with content.

Guess Who

Banned
Not at all, Savage is a great mode. The problem is there's nothing in between Story mode and Savage and the gap between the two is gigantic.

I really wish they'd go back to the 2.0 Normal/Hard/Extreme lineup. Would solve a lot of problems both for primal fights and raids.

but understaffed, server capacity, ps3 limitations pls understand etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom