• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Curious how long it will be until we start seeing gil sellers get really creative like they did back in the day in WoW. Anyone who played wow back then remember this kind of stuff?

insideradbig.jpg

Curious how long it will be until we start seeing gil sellers get really creative like they did back in the day in WoW. Anyone who played wow back then remember this kind of stuff?

I remember... They used to create advertisements in the sky while floating in Orgrimmar.

Horrifying stuff.

Kenai

Hah, I remember that happening in Ogrimmar a lot too. Not so much these days.

And I don't really think they'll feel the need to get any more creative than spamming tells to everyone on the server til their current toon is blacklisted to hell, then logging onto the next one. I'd love it if there was an option to ban/restrict tells from an entire account.

Isaccard

Crafting/gathering is so relaxing

Can we lose the rooms people claimed (sorry Elliott) and put the crafting tables in there?

kierwynn

Crafting/gathering is so relaxing

Can we lose the rooms people claimed (sorry Elliott) and put the crafting tables in there?

idk why that would be necessary- we have plenty of extra space in the basement to put that stuff. A lot of what is down there is pretty much filler anyway. It would be silly to get rid of some of the rooms- they're some of the more unique parts of the house unless we just want a house full of couches and tables.

Isaccard

idk why that would be necessary- we have plenty of extra space in the basement to put that stuff. A lot of what is down there is pretty much filler anyway. It would be silly to get rid of some of the rooms- they're some of the more unique parts of the house unless we just want a house full of couches and tables.

I rarely visit the house anymore but if we got room then huzzah!

No way, I say we scrap the hot tub room and any others that people actually hang out in or visit and create COUCH HUT. All couches, all the time. Could even do a crazy furniture store style commercial starring Bara. "You want couches, well come on down!" Maybe have Mira in the background posing on a couch in a revealing outfit.

No way, I say we scrap the hot tub room and any others that people actually hang out in or visit and create COUCH HUT. All couches, all the time. Could even do a crazy furniture store style commercial starring Bara. "You want couches, well come on down!" Maybe have Mira in the background posing on a couch in a revealing outfit.

At first this was riddled with stupid... but then I let it sink in.

You are onto something. It might be stupid, it might be creepy, but it is something and for that you get a cookie.

Aeana

Do you really want to scare people away?

BLCKATK

Alright new OT! Let's do it.

Oh boy, those crafting stations can only be used by people 40 and under? Geez. I guess it'll making leveling them easier, but beyond that those stations are useless. Have to say I'm disappointed in that decision. But, housing isn't content that is available to everyone so I guess they can't make it required for high level crafting.

Jinko

PC master race confirmed.

Although I have to agree this is kinda stupid, I don't see why settings could not be saved in a universal setting file that could be moved around the network.

Yea its very bizarre especially considering FFXI has done just that for years now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbVkTk9nvt0

We NEED to recreate this commercial but with Bara. Crazy gideon style.

Do you really want to scare people away?

???

:)

Wilsongt

I never realized how tall I made my character until I get into a group of other races and I tower above them, except Roe's.

Looks like someone took the boob slider to 11.

I am stealing that quote and I am going to use the hell out of it.

Brilliant!

Is there any confirmation of super uber awesome crafting things that people already maxed out can do? Or do they get screwed and this is just a benefit for those before 40.

dramatis

Is there any confirmation of super uber awesome crafting things that people already maxed out can do? Or do they get screwed and this is just a benefit for those before 40.
New crafted high level gear, and also presumably a lot of vanity recipes.

Also, there's probably some new furniture outside of the crafting stations, just don't know how much and how varied.

Alchemist will always get screwed.

Mira one of the only pretty Elezen. I normally am terrified of them. When I first started the game, I thought I saw slenderman, but it was just one of those dark ones...

Number45

PC master race confirmed.

Although I have to agree this is kinda stupid, I don't see why settings could not be saved in a universal setting file that could be moved around the network.
:'(

It actually stops me playing it on the PC (which I'd have more time for, but I prefer the PS3 setup in my house), because it's such a pain (particularly as I'm new to the game, so getting new abilities and tweaking my setup as I go along).

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
So, did anyone notice that FFXI added their own type of vanity system in their latest patch. A nice simple command text.

The following text commands have been introduced.

/lockstyle on/off

Makes it so that your character's appearance remains the same even after changing equipment.

>>Subcommands:
on  Locks in equipment appearance.
off  Removes lock on equipment appearance.
Displays current setting if no subcommand is specified.

Notes
This command will be automatically disabled under the following conditions:
Zoning in to a different area
Equipping items that affect character motions, such as weapons
Being the recipient of an attack that removes equipment that influences character motions
Logging out
This command cannot be enabled while participating in the following content:

Monstrosity / Ballista / Brenner

While the user's appearance will stay the same to those in the area, switching equipment will grant the attributes of the new equipment.
The command will remain in effect even when changing into equipment that covers multiple slots.

Just a tiny line note in their patch notes. I would prefer this over the bullshit Mirage Prism jank they are doing now.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I like some of those new outfits.

I'm not sure what to think of the new dance emotes. They've got a long way to go if they hope to match PSO2's ones!

Moaradin

Well, I managed to pug turn 1-2 this morning. That was the most unpleasant experience I've had so far in this game. Everybody in the group is calling each other retards for one little mistake. I don't know how people can be such dicks in this game, but it makes me never want to run a coil pug ever again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom