• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Basically I just fish in these areas until I level up?

Time to fish

Yes just follow the (Recommended) with that bait and just keep fishing and keep moving when you are level up to next spot

Just a big huge helpful hint, once you hit FSH 27, don't follow said road map until 35

Go to Western Thanalan, Moondrop area (it's after vesper bay but before cape westwind, where those orange looking trolls are hanging in the water cave, use Stealth!, fish over there, you won't believe the absurd amount of fucking XP you'll earn in such a short amount of time)

It's mentioned in the comments below, it saved me so much time, I even stayed there and leveled till 38, cause it was ungodly amount of XP per Fish
Don't sell for shit, but when you are getting roughly 8K+ XP per fish, and nor shitty low level fish to fuck you, you rake in the XP

Well, I managed to pug turn 1-2 this morning. That was the most unpleasant experience I've had so far in this game. Everybody in the group is calling each other retards for one little mistake. I don't know how people can be such dicks in this game, but it makes me never want to run a coil pug ever again.

It sounds as though the group did not have a definitive alpha. You must have an alpha in all things pack related so that there is a known pecking order and blame can be laid on the non alphas if there are screw ups. Next time you do a pickup group exert your authority and alpha up...

Or you could just macro a bunch of unique insults to use when the group screws up so that at least when everyone is calling each other retards you can spice things up with some zany insults.

Yes just follow the (Recommended) with that bait and just keep fishing and keep moving when you are level up to next spot

Just a big huge helpful hint, once you hit FSH 27, don't follow said road map until 35

Go to Western Thanalan, Moondrop area (it's after vesper bay but before cape westwind, where those orange looking trolls are hanging in the water cave, use Stealth!, fish over there, you won't believe the absurd amount of fucking XP you'll earn in such a short amount of time)

It's mentioned in the comments below, it saved me so much time, I even stayed there and leveled till 38, cause it was ungodly amount of XP per Fish
Don't sell for shit, but when you are getting roughly 8K+ XP per fish, and nor shitty low level fish to fuck you, you rake in the XP
Thanks for the tip. Any of these fish worth selling? I'm kinda poor and being able to sell this shit would be helpful.

GraveRobberX should have the tagline: You can teach a man to level fishing.

GraveRobberX

Well, I managed to pug turn 1-2 this morning. That was the most unpleasant experience I've had so far in this game. Everybody in the group is calling each other retards for one little mistake. I don't know how people can be such dicks in this game, but it makes me never want to run a coil pug ever again.

PUGs are such a random, random occurrence

Yesterday I joined a Titan Ex and Kagari joined also
I fucked up and ate a landslide by mistake, I pressed hard on my R3 and auto-locked onto him, which just massacred me
I apologized for my mistake, the group said it's OK, let's try again, after a couple of more wipes and adjusting to each other style, we killed it very easily, even with a death that happened before heart phase

People understood, that sometimes a few deaths/mistakes really do help gel 7 other strangers and then as a cohesive unit, take the objective down

When you get the other side of the spectrum, every1 getting pissed on the most basic thing and just going HAM on the group, calling people out and demeaning them, you really lose the will to play, and it hurts the group in the long run

I try my best to find the right PF and have had 90-10% ratio in favor of always having good parties and getting shit done
There have been occasional times where I do act stupid, cause the player isn't learning from mistakes, keeps repeating them, so I have to change tone to get it through them, if they really want to finish, they have to learn and not try to coast

Moaradin

When you get the other side of the spectrum, every1 getting pissed on the most basic thing and just going HAM on the group, calling people out and demeaning them, you really lose the will to play, and it hurts the group in the long run

That's pretty much how it went. A few honest mistakes and people are getting shitted on. They were all things that could have been easily avoided if there was a little bit more clarity. Not everybody does the fights the exact same way you do.

I just want to find myself a static group with reasonable individuals. Trying to do PUGs each week is not good for my health.

GraveRobberX

Thanks for the tip. Any of these fish worth selling? I'm kinda poor and being able to sell this shit would be helpful.

Not really

Some fish that do sell require too much time, effort, and fucking LUCK!
90% of the fish you see are useless

The main gil maker for FSH are the Sharks, which get made into shark oil
Sardines sell decently but they're time oriented

You can level up off leves for gil (hell you can buy them from the MB if you really want to have an extra shortcut, but just remember, the leves go through a cycle, 4 leves per 5 levels, and you get 2 per, sometimes the same one, sometime a harder fish to catch, which takes time)

There's no definitive way to make gil at the moment, people are just hording gil, cause most stuff can be crafted through just raw materials, so they have FC guildies who can just HQ it for them and save them a fucking fortune

I do my Grand Companies daily, if I did it just through MB, it would roughly cost me 50K everyday turn in
Right now it costs me roughly 3K

Most of the items it asks for at level 50 are on a cycle repeat, mostly of 5 items that keep rotating in and out

They ask me to make a level 49-50 rod on MB which is like 12K, but the materials I already farmed up or can buy from MB super cheap, only require an investment of say 600gil + shards, and I just hand it in for like 378 (NQ) - 577 (HQ) Seals

Level 50 FSH items are such a pain in the ass to get...

If you want to make gil, seriously if you have the time, start gathering from mining and botany
As weird as it is, there's still a shortage of gatherer's

Certain materials are understocked very bad, the market demand is there, but no one is filling it, 1-2 gatherer's unloading their stock doesn't make a fulfill demand, there's more competition in overstocked items than there is understocked items

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Yeah, I've been leveling on Botany and Mining. Near 20 on Botany, early teens on Mining.

Taruranto

Sadly, modern MMORPG are breading ground for bad behaviors. Though it seems you ran into a particular bad party.

suzu

I finishing leveling Fisher last week, and I did it almost entirely by buying the fish off the market board. I broke even or made a slight profit on most of the guildleve turn-ins. :eek:

Dunan

A thousand thank-yous to the friendly GAFfer party of Lucifer, Ty, and Silence (I think) who helped me get past Garuda for the first time a few minutes ago! (The plot sure does get moving here, doesn't it?)

Spent 9,995 gil on a Coliseum Loincloth to up my Spell Speed by about 15 and it seemed to do what it said on the tin. And fortunately it's more like a pair of high socks or knee protectors than a genuine loincloth.

I left avatar Nozomi Dunan in the lobby of our estate in Limsa, so go have a virtual beer with her while she relaxes.

I'm no ace player and still feel like a beginner despite being over level 40, but I would be more than happy to pass the good karma forward and help anyone behind me with their story dungeons and battles. Just getting back into the game after a three-month hiatus and it's as fun as ever!

GraveRobberX

We're getting new maps and such in 2.2 right?

Treasure maps?

I think these 5 are it for the time being, no mention of them getting upgrades or something like that

Maybe 2.25 or 2.3?

Bring maybe HQ version of said maps down the line, then you can do a guaranteed item at least

Stuart444

It's not always like that, I've had some very pleasant experiences pugging Coil. People being dicks suck yeah but you just got unlucky with your group. (at least with them all being on the same server you know who not to play with again... that's something I guess)

atmusfear

I've noticed that the housing prices have stopped lowering, getting that last 10 million for a large house in my FC feels so close, yet so far...

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Elezen are ostriches now? Thought they were giraffes.

I was going to fantasia to one, still thinking about it, but I'm surprised to see so many people seem to dislike them.

Isaccard

Elezen are ostriches now? Thought they were giraffes.

I was going to fantasia to one, still thinking about it, but I'm surprised to see so many people seem to dislike them.

I thought about this too for awhile; I rolled one on a random server, walking animation started and I nope'd the fuck outta there. Lalafell all day

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Lalafell animations are the only reason I'm still playing one. They're too good.

Wish I could actually see my armor and weapons in more detail though.

chrono01

New OT! \(^_^)/

I can't believe 2.2 is a little over a week away. It's going to be nice to have some new content to work through. Here's hoping it lasts us until 2.3 is ready to be released, or close to it anyway!

Even if we clear the content, at least we can now farm Coil. That will likely kill the boredom somewhat.

falastini

I almost missed the new OT, haven't been keeping up with FFXIV lately.

Patch 2.2 is looking pretty cool. I don't know if I'll come back though. I came back a bit for 2.1, but after messing around with some of the new content, and the warrior changes, I just couldn't get myself to login anymore. Then my sub ran out, and I didn't bother getting into it again. I don't' know if I burned out, or I just didn't feel like farming tomes, running harder primals, etc...

Shout out to Ultros GAF.
<Raging

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom