• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

plake

Hey guys. Just got my PS3 ver but will probably hold on until PS4 launches to jump in (lots in school until then as well...). About time since I've been in the 1.0 beta, 2.0 PS3 beta and PS4 beta. Heh. Also played FFXI for a good few years and was quite successful on Gilgamesh server.

I'd love to join the GAF community on Ultros but am unsure as I'm in the EU.

My question would be if there are people online during EU hours (perhaps an EU population) or if I'm better off joining the other servers. Thanks and see you soon :) So hyped.

Send a tell to Maple Cookie, Strawberry Shortcake, Safflower Amariyo, Baramoht, Drama Zeni, Tiv Einsfell...or the other official people on the Gaf Guildworks site so they can approve you.

This is no longer necessary. All you need to do is submit the in-game application once you have submitted the website form. We can approve and automatically add you to the FC whether you are online or offline.

Yoshida interviews by GameWatch at GDC
http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/interview/20140319_640445.html
interesting tidbits
about upcoming contents after 2.22
-he's saying there will be "Zodiac Weapons System' which is basically Relic Weapons upgrade, but it will be a long hard quests could span from patch 2.2, 2.25 to 2.3....hardcoorrreee rejoice?
-Philosophy tombstones will be erased, but u can trade your remaining philosophy tombstones to Mythology later
-Darklight Gears will become dungeon drops
-He wouldnt say what is the item level you can buy with "Senki"(i don't know the official name for the new tombstones lol)
-He's saying he's already began working on v3.0 (expansion), he already done the new town mockups, numbers of fields, fields' themes, arts. Saying he already planned it all along for the next 2 years when he started taking over the project.

well maybe some one with better Japanese knowledge can find another points :p

To add to this, at some point, possibly 3.0, you will be able to tweak or alter the stats of the weapon. This could be an upgrade or growth path that spans several patches or a much later final upgrade that allows this. It also seemed like the first part of the upgrade is such a long series of tasks that you might not finish the first part by 2.3. As you state, there will be multiple additional upgrades with each new patch.

orion434

You take the alcove near the bush, I'll stay by my crates!

If the ilv 90 Crafted Gear require Mtyh tome mats similar to the ilv 70 gear I will have 1970 Myth tomes by the 27th :) I probably won't move much from my nook, except to do the Daily Beast Tribe missions.

BTW - That Blue Bird Minion is extremely rare, I have done over 500 Peisteskin Treasure maps and only seen it drop once!

Number45

I'd love to join the GAF community on Ultros but am unsure as I'm in the EU.

My question would be if there are people online during EU hours (perhaps an EU population) or if I'm better off joining the other servers. Thanks and see you soon :) So hyped.
EU is fine in terms of connectivity to the server (at least for me). I usually play in the evening UK time, and there's no shortage of
inane, incomprehensible
chat in the FC.

plake

EU is fine in terms of connectivity to the server (at least for me). I usually play in the evening UK time, and there's no shortage of
inane, incomprehensible
chat in the FC.

Thanks! Are there also event scheduled around CET? Looking forward to applying to join you guys.

orion434

wow. it was 500-700k last time i checked on my server months ago. i'd rather buy than farm it.

On Ultros there was a mass buying of Peisteskin Treasure Maps over the weekend, but the last one sold is awhile ago. Also an FYI - it's rolled loot, I'd hate to see that drop in a random group :(

Munba

So, 3 new weapons method -> zodiac, allagan, and new token weapons? Or zodiac quest is linked to the new tokens?

orion434

Does anyone know if the new Crafted Main weapon will be better than the Luminary equipment? Also any word on them updating the "workstation" for the Luminary items? Why are they the same as the lv 1 stations?!

desu

Does anyone know if the new Crafted Main weapon will be better than the Luminary equipment? Also any word on them updating the "workstation" for the Luminary items? Why are they the same as the lv 1 stations?!

In 2.2 luminaries get the new tables from the blue quest lvl 50 rewards tools.

orion434

In 2.2 luminaries get the new tables from the blue lvl 50 rewards tools.

Do you mean that the Luminary items will get the same table as the current lv 50 Blue Quest rewards we have now? Or is the new Main equipment a Blue lv 50 and it will share the same table with the Luminaries?

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Yoshida's reluctance to talk about the ilevel increase is really annoying. Why hide it?

Super secret info!

If given the ilvl away, where will be the mystery )most likely saved for the live letter this Saturday)

Also if it's too small, DAT BACKLASH!

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Shamelessly lifted from reddit:

News about Phantasia potions during the PLL the 21st
More retainers via micro transactions

Mirage Prism

Even blue items like Allagan gear can be changed.

Zodiak weapons

Simply put, it's relic weapons being reforged. We expect the quest to take some time to complete.
Incremental improvements in 2.25, 2.3, etc.
Most people probably won't have even completed the quest by the time 2.25 rolls arund
Eventually, it will have customisable stats
Unlike the current system where you get ultimate weapons from tokens or drops, we plan for this to be a 3rd route where you can nurture/cultivate it to your preference

Tomes

No more Philosophy after 2.2
Myth will take Philosophy's place
There will be an NPC around to trade Phil for Myth.

Gear

DL will become dungeon drops
il70 from high level dungeons
il80 from CT
il90 from Bahamut
other stuff exchanged via new Tomes

Content

roadmap for the next 2 years has been planned
most pre-production and concept work for 3.0 is complete and they're moving into production now

Moaradin

I actually just now managed to get a good turn 4 group on party finder. They even let me join despite being lower than their ilvl requirements! Everyone knew what they were doing, yet it was a pleasant group and nobody was called a retard because we wiped one time. We beat it fairly easily too. Perhaps not all PUGs are the scum of the earth.

And lucky for me, monk allagan helm and boots both dropped!

Sophia

I don't know how to feel about microtransactions. On one hand I really don't like the idea of retainers ever having them, on the other hand I'd probably pay monthly for a cheap Fantasia or means of renaming my character....

I AM SO CONFLICTED. *sobs*

frequency

Things like server transfers and phantasia I think are fine as a pay shop thing.

But storage space (retainers) being a pay shop thing is not fine to me. That is free to play advantage stuff.

Number45

I need to make an effort to understand retainers. I've done the quest, but all I remember from the end is "you can use retainers!", with no useful explanation of their worth. :p

frequency

I need to make an effort to understand retainers. I've done the quest, but all I remember from the end is "you can use retainers!", with no useful explanation of their worth. :p

Retainers are additional storage space (like a bank in other games). And you use them to sell things (like an auction house in other games).

Aeana

They were supposed to add a third retainer in a previous patch. I hope they at least put that one in for free.

aceface

Zodiak weapons

Simply put, it's relic weapons being reforged. We expect the quest to take some time to complete.
Incremental improvements in 2.25, 2.3, etc.
Most people probably won't have even completed the quest by the time 2.25 rolls arund
Eventually, it will have customisable stats
Unlike the current system where you get ultimate weapons from tokens or drops, we plan for this to be a 3rd route where you can nurture/cultivate it to your preference

Sounds like a "kill 1000 enemies with your weapon" type thing. What fun.

Also, I'm a bit confused on the whole myth replacing philosophy thing. Like, will main scenario roulette give 300 myth now? If so everyone will be ilevel 90 in a few days.

Munba

I think the zodiac quest will be similar to the first relic, with bosses and stuff but longer and maybe with some 'farming' elements indeed.

Allard

Retainer being a microtransaction is okay with me as long as its a one time fee. Originally the retainer was going to be 1 dollar EXTRA a month on top of your normal fee and only the first retainer was free, but then of course the game floundered out of the gate, the game was free and they gave players a second retainer for extra inventory space since the compensation system for it was axed. Now that they are re-adding the ability to get more then a second retainer (which originally they were contemplating returning it back to 1 fyi and the second wasn't going to be free) its back to the transaction point of it. Each retainer hold so much space on them and they can also put 20 items on the Market so in order make it possible from a server stand point they had to get more money out of it from people somehow. 1 time fee vs monthly is the point of argument and personally if they can make the retainer transaction account wide that is also pretty neat.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Think the Zodiac weapons will be the Abyssea weapon style upgrades from FFXI? I would not be surprised. It's an easy way to keep a carrot dangling in front of players as they attempt to upgrade all their weapons, farm Coil, farm dailies, and farm tomes.

That's a lot of farming!

Retainers as microtransactions is complete bullshit on the highest level. The game has a terrible time with space as it is. They don't even let you store event items when they come out like they should. If you have a ton of jobs leveled and a ton of crafts levels, guess what, you have of shit! Making you buy storage in a sub-based game is straight up bush league.

Sophia

I expect the backlash to retainer microtransactions is going to be pretty negative. Already people are kind of annoyed and we haven't even gotten the live letter yet.

Jinko

They have wanted to sell retainer since 1.0, I can't say I am surprised by this.

I have all classes at 50 and can manage my inventory and retainers reasonably well so I don't understand the big deal, of course if you horde every tiny little thing then you only got yourself to blame.

BLCKATK

When I ran out of retainer space, I just made an alt, leveled it to the point where you receive retainers and then moved the stuff I needed over there. I think if people want to have more space, we already have the means too, all it costs is time. If you don't want to spend the time, you can buy the retainer with cash.

They have wanted to sell retainer since 1.0, I can't say I am surprised by this.

I have all classes at 50 and can manage my inventory and retainers reasonably well so I don't understand the big deal, of course if you horde every tiny little thing then you only got yourself to blame.

Hoarding is not a crime it is a disease. And my Lala has it, unfortunately there are no mental health clinics that take Lala insurance in Uldah or I would have seen someone by now.

Clipse

Hope we can finally buy more Phantasia when 2.2 drops. Been leveling an alt because I'm tired of looking at my female Hyur Midlander.

If the ilv 90 Crafted Gear require Mtyh tome mats similar to the ilv 70 gear I will have 1970 Myth tomes by the 27th :) I probably won't move much from my nook, except to do the Daily Beast Tribe missions.

BTW - That Blue Bird Minion is extremely rare, I have done over 500 Peisteskin Treasure maps and only seen it drop once!

When we were doing treasure map parties to raise funds for FC housing, one of my first maps/chests had one in it. We hadn't established any rules regarding minion drops and at the time no one knew they would be that rare or worth anything of significant value so we all rolled on it. The person that won used it.

I doubt we did over 500 total maps but probably a pretty large number somewhere in-between and we never saw another one.

I just recently got a Tonberry Minion and it took me less than 50 maps. I'm trying to get the Tiny Bulb now and then I'lll start farming for the Tonberry again to sell or give to friends. Will it let you attempt the Piesteskin map solo or with a Chocobo? It might be worth trying to farm that one solo but the rarity seems pretty high.

Teknoman

we plan for this to be a 3rd route where you can nurture/cultivate it to your preference

I really hope this is better planned than the attribute points. If not, everyone is just going to go the "official" community route regardless.

EDIT: With no more philosophy tomes, how will we get quenching oil?

Also: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/106595-Suggestion-Show-Battle-Effects-Change/page2

Caster limit break 3 really does not seem that blinding, are people really that sensitive to that during dodging moments?

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
On the topic of Fantasias. I'll again remind people to be careful if you switch sexes. Any gender specific clothing you have will not switch with you. This includes event items. There are no way to get the other gender's items either.

So, keep that in mind.

On the topic of Fantasias. I'll again remind people to be careful if you switch sexes. Any gender specific clothing you have will not switch with you. This includes event items. There are no way to get the other gender's items either.

So, keep that in mind.

Wow, never thought of that. Thanks for the heads up.

Mind you I would never leave my lala but still good to know if I wanted to experiment or something...

orion434

When we were doing treasure map parties to raise funds for FC housing, one of my first maps/chests had one in it. We hadn't established any rules regarding minion drops and at the time no one knew they would be that rare or worth anything of significant value so we all rolled on it. The person that won used it.

I doubt we did over 500 total maps but probably a pretty large number somewhere in-between and we never saw another one.

I just recently got a Tonberry Minion and it took me less than 50 maps. I'm trying to get the Tiny Bulb now and then I'lll start farming for the Tonberry again to sell or give to friends. Will it let you attempt the Piesteskin map solo or with a Chocobo? It might be worth trying to farm that one solo but the rarity seems pretty high.

You could probably do Peisteskin maps with 4 players & 4 birds, Alpha Chimera will still give problems. When the Blue Bird dropped it was against Alpha Chimera... in Eastern Thanalan near the Alumen mining section... it was also our 1st map for the night.

I got a Tonberry on my 10th Boarskin, still have 10 more to do for the Achievement... been looking for Exquisite Buttons now that LUMI has a house, think it's only Goatskin.

I love Treasure Hunting, philo-mat drops, lots of Gil, random crafting components... and plenty of shards :)

we plan for this to be a 3rd route where you can nurture/cultivate it to your preference

I really hope this is better planned than the attribute points. If not, everyone is just going to go the "official" community route regardless.

EDIT: With no more philosophy tomes, how will we get quenching oil?

Also: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/106595-Suggestion-Show-Battle-Effects-Change/page2

Caster limit break 3 really does not seem that blinding, are people really that sensitive to that during dodging moments?

I really dislike how attributes and resistances are handled in this game. Too much weight on the primary attribute and resistances feel completely meaningless.

Regarding the quenching oil, it's possible that they will just move the quenching oil and other items to myth tome purchases. I assume this would be at a lower number of tomes. I don't think philosophy will be 1:1 with myth.

For dungeons that reward philosophy tomes (and a large number of them), I suspect they will now reward a much lower number of myth. The incentive to run the dungeons will be the i70 Darklight drops instead of the philosphy tomes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom