• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

IvorB

Still making my way through things at leisurely pace. Just soaking it all in. At level 68 now and just did the Lakshmi fight which was pretty good. And as we're posting character pics here's me:

xklwoVz.png

Which one? I can't find the post you might be referencing.

Isn't it for 90 consecutive days of game time between now and like September?

Maybe it counts timecards...

If you mean the Falcon, you need to subscribe for 90 days between July 1st and September 30th

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/mount_campaign_2017/

Minion and Mount Guide

This should help you out it lists all mounts and minions and how to get them.

Oh sorry I wasn't more specific, had only seen one and didn't know the name.

Thanks for that guide, found it was the Mancutter

Squishy3

Their actions come in pairs. So per GCD cycle it's basically 2x-0-2x-0-2x-0, etc. so they frontload pretty hard.
And everyone likes to DPS and not use diversion.

"What do you mean I should use this skill that makes the tank's job easier?"

Luminaire

IDK WTF happened to the Maelstrom in the past few days. Every match I've been in has had everyone scatter, AFK, or charge the wrong things. We've come in dead last repeatedly. One match we were at like 400 while the other two battled it out at 1500.

Oh jeez, I didn't know that. What the hell? Why do they hate Bard DPS?

I mean, the job is fun to play with the overhaul, don't get me wrong. But it'd be nice to be competitive with the other DPS jobs.

whats wrong with bard dps? It got a bit of a nerf since HW and rightfully so. Bards were the highest dps class in meta at the end of HW.

Right now I think with cleaning up my rotation I can probably push 3.5k in Sus EX in pf with no balance/drg. And thats pretty damn high considering the buffs bards bring

I wouldn't be surprise if I saw a bard hit close to 3.7k+ in sus ex (no single target balance) in sus ex in a good coordinated group.

edit

Now that I think about it, ACT is pretty off when it comes to dots and has always been. Bards generally reported a higher dps on fflogs than act because of it.

whats wrong with bard dps? It got a bit of a nerf since HW and rightfully so. Bards were the highest dps class in meta at the end of HW.

Right now I think with cleaning up my rotation I can probably push 3.5k in Sus EX in pf with no balance/drg. And thats pretty damn high considering the buffs bards bring

I wouldn't be surprise if I saw a bard hit close to 3.7k+ in sus ex (no single target balance) in sus ex in a good coordinated group.

edit

Now that I think about it, ACT is pretty off when it comes to dots and has always been. Bards generally reported a higher dps on fflogs than act because of it.
The problem is the buffs bard brings are pretty fucking mediocre compared to what we lose for it. 2% crit is nothing, shittier Hypercharge with awful uptime is nothing, Refresh/Tactician when it's really hard to run out of MP/TP is nothing, Dhit Litany and Minne are neat but they don't warrant being the second lowest DPS job when our highs depend on RNG.

I don't mind losing damage over utility but then give me shit that is actually useful.

Finally got my Samurai to 70! So happy to have the AF gear. If I want to round out the rest of my gear, what should I look to do? Buy the rest or is there something else I can do for those remaining pieces?

SOLDIER

I think they are all about the same quality generally the one I have is by "Collective Minds".
Its pretty good and can charge your controller at least.

Yes you can map literally all 40+ buttons if you want in addition to the Crossbar's 16.
Actually the buttons are decent sized and well spaced, I used to hate small numbers on phones but no issue with these.
Only about the bottom row is awkward in a normal controller grip.

Im really glad I thought of using it when I was trying to figure macros instead.
So much better than flipping between crossbar pages as well.

Sounds really useful, but according to the Amazon reviews it seems these chatpads tend to have a short charge and disconnect frequently.

Might stick with the keyboard after all.

CLBridges

Getting heavy lag in instances, my internet is working just fine with excellent connection to FFXIV servers. Oh well, guess that's my cue to take a break for today, to frustrating to try to play.

1.) Samurai time then?

2.) have you seen the new gold saucer fists? I'm not saying they'll fix the job feel but they're probably my favorite of the sabotender weapons

Bard first, then Samurai. And this got me to actually go look at the Sabotender weapons. I was going to say that those fists look more deadly than most MNK weapons, but then I realized that they're basically balloons. A+

Sounds really useful, but according to the Amazon reviews it seems these chatpads tend to have a short charge and disconnect frequently.

Might stick with the keyboard after all.

Yeah the reviews scared me away initially till I saw it at Walmart for $20 and grabbed it with some other cheap controller stuff.

The problem is the buffs bard brings are pretty fucking mediocre compared to what we lose for it. 2% crit is nothing, shittier Hypercharge with awful uptime is nothing, Refresh/Tactician when it's really hard to run out of MP/TP is nothing, Dhit Litany and Minne are neat but they don't warrant being the second lowest DPS job when our highs depend on RNG.

I don't mind losing damage over utility but then give me shit that is actually useful.

2nd lowest dps? with what information did you get that from? and please don't tell me solo dummy parses.

By that definition, bards were low dps in HW as well.

And did you do any prog during HW? TP/MP restore during prog is invaluable. Minne is so fucking broken being on a 45 sec CD. Palisade is amazing.

The only support skill that sucks is that shitty flute skill that I never know how to spell. And it only sucks because of the implementation of it. Thankfully it last 30 seconds.

iammeiam

TP and MP Regen are super important for prog.

Which is why SB makes TP and MP starvation less of a concern for most jobs and gives every melee Goad and every caster MP donation. It's no longer Ranged Battery or Bust. Game has changed. Utility is now an everyone thing. But yeah Minne is silly.

Bard first, then Samurai. And this got me to actually go look at the Sabotender weapons. I was going to say that those fists look more deadly than most MNK weapons, but then I realized that they're basically balloons. A+

Seriously, between that, the PVP fists, and kettlefists monk is almost worth it for glamour.

royox

Why the hell is RDM enmity so high? What the heck are they feeding those kids?

Loads of spells at a very high rate and with big damage...also if the hit rate is high they (we :3) will get a LOT of minicrits.

RDM better use the "less enmity generation" Role Skill just at the start or the tank won't be able to keep up with his aggro.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Loads of spells at a very high rate and with big damage...also if the hit rate is high they (we :3) will get a LOT of minicrits.

RDM better use the "less enmity generation" Role Skill just at the start or the tank won't be able to keep up with his aggro.

I hope RDMs are in line for a slight nerf come next patch, and I say this as someone who is probably switching to RDM from BRD as their DPS main. It's just too easy to steal enmity from tanks.

duckroll

After I get flying in each region, I usually fly around to clear out the maps. While doing this in Stormblood something stuck me.
There is clearly a "village" area for Gyodo's fish race in Yanxia which is mostly unused for the story. There is also a village for that rat race in the Peaks which isn't used in the story either. Both are beast tribes introduced in the story and it seems there are more plans for them. Primals in 4.x confirmed?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Beast tribe quests probably, like the Vanu and Vath.

2nd lowest dps? with what information did you get that from? and please don't tell me solo dummy parses.

By that definition, bards were low dps in HW as well.

And did you do any prog during HW? TP/MP restore during prog is invaluable. Minne is so fucking broken being on a 45 sec CD. Palisade is amazing.

The only support skill that sucks is that shitty flute skill that I never know how to spell. And it only sucks because of the implementation of it. Thankfully it last 30 seconds.
MP/TP songs were extremely important for prog yeah - fuck you, A6S - but now every job gets ways to contribute to that on top of some better self efficiency so unless fights turn into AoE fests Refresh/Tactician will be just bonuses.

I haven't used Palisade much but that could be pretty cool for certain types of mechanics so I'll give you that. I'm just mostly salty that BRD dps still hinges on RNG after being lowered
why would they nerf RDM when their dmg isn't even super high? lol?
RDMs will have super fun times when they start playing with shitty wannabe tanks that can't hold aggro without enmity combos but try anyways

ebil

I hope RDMs are in line for a slight nerf come next patch, and I say this as someone who is probably switching to RDM from BRD as their DPS main. It's just too easy to steal enmity from tanks.
We don't deal insane damage compared to other DPS (our AoE is like... NIN tier), we frontload every other GCD and we have pretty strong oGCD, which means these first 2 seconds are going to hurt.

We also have access to 2 enmity reduction skills and rarely need the MP from Lucid Dreaming so there really isn't an excuse to not have one of these up for every pull. If all else fails in dungeons, pacing ourselves and fighting within melee range where we belong works, too. If a RDM is dumb enough to rip hate on purpose, that's not the tank's problem anymore.

RDMs will have super fun times when they start playing with shitty wannabe tanks that can't hold aggro without enmity combos but try anyways
Been there, done that. They didn't have a good time.

MP/TP songs were extremely important for prog yeah - fuck you, A6S - but now every job gets ways to contribute to that on top of some better self efficiency so unless fights turn into AoE fests Refresh/Tactician will be just bonuses.

I haven't used Palisade much but that could be pretty cool for certain types of mechanics so I'll give you that. I'm just mostly salty that BRD dps still hinges on RNG after being lowered

the rng isn't even that bad and will get better as the expansion plays out. Emp arrow also guaranteeing a proc offers interesting play.

Got my Susano Katana. Now until Omega is released, I should be doing hunts and accruing tier 6 materia for raid gear. Hmm.

Stat weights when...

They should change Undraw to remove the card in your Spread instead. You rarely need to use it anymore (if at all) since Minor Arcana is a thing.

Something bothering me with the HW story.
stuff is getting resolved in Ul'dah and literally nobody in the group askes "yo, what happened with our Scion peeps?"

I think that's why they added diversion. I'm not sure if it's even possible to steal hate with the use of enmity reduction skills.

But I see not many people use them. Some because they don't know or care, and some probably because they want to steal hate.

Top Bottom