• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

Guys, I wanted to start playing and noticed that I've already bought and played the game before and on Steam (can't really remember must've been some sale or something). So I find my login and after I try to do it it asks for "One-time password".
After like 30 minutes of trying to login and reset my password or whatever I can't seem to do it without this one time thingie.
It looks that I've activated it back than and now I'm stuck. Removing one-time pass requires that I login using it.

I have some kind of security token but I see no way of using it. just this damn one-time pass.

So any ideas? How is customer service? And I had whole day to play :(

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I'd just have a macro for

"You don't pay my sub"

"This is getting back at you for when you are max level with easy queues and free clusters. Think of it as future payback"

If you check that out and watch the link, notice how, after all this time, 1.0's cutscenes fucking ROFLSTOMP our current cutscenes. =/

Yeah, going back and watching some old 1.x stuff, you can tell an extraordinary emphasis was put on cutscenes and presentation, which admittedly was a big draw for me.
That cutscene for Future's Perfect was jaw-dropping for an MMO.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
When are they going to let us increase S-Links with our fellow scions?

Things I expected with SB launch but totally forgot about:

Squadrons that actually do shit
New S-links Custom Deliveries NPCs

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Guys, I wanted to start playing and noticed that I've already bought and played the game before and on Steam (can't really remember must've been some sale or something). So I find my login and after I try to do it it asks for "One-time password".
After like 30 minutes of trying to login and reset my password or whatever I can't seem to do it without this one time thingie.
It looks that I've activated it back than and now I'm stuck. Removing one-time pass requires that I login using it.

I have some kind of security token but I see no way of using it. just this damn one-time pass.

So any ideas? How is customer service? And I had whole day to play :(
Your one-time password is the number shown by your 2-factor authentication token. It should be a 6-digit number.

If you have a physical authenticator or an authenticator phone app, then you enter your normal password in the password field, then the number that shows up on your authenticator in the "one time password" field.

What kind of security token are you talking about? If you mean your authenticator, then the above paragraph is how you log in. If you mean your emergency security code, then that's the code you use to reset your password if you ever lose your 2-factor authenticator somehow, and trying ot reset your password should ask you for that somewhere.

I hear customer service is pretty good for losing your password/authenticator, but is terrible for payment/credit card issues. You could try giving them a call or a message to see if they can help.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
M'naago Deliveries: Help the M tribe get back on its feet post Garlean occupation
Tataru Deliveries: Help expand her business interests in Kugane while protecting her honor

Thorgal

i finished Stormblood !

now to let the real grind begin :p

on another note since everyone loves that location ( so much so that the devs will reopen it again after a boatload of requests ) i thought i couldn't stay behind on taking some screenies .

ffxiv_dx112017-07-202shrkx.jpg

ffxiv_dx112017-07-20281q1g.jpg

Pancho

Qurupancho
People talking bout S-Links, they need to bring back a quest line similar to the delivery moogle in ARR. It really fleshed out some side characters

Wait....why are people calling the new raid V? It's Omega....O...

Honestly, it should probably be called what the name is in the DF: Deltascape (therefore just D).

Or we could piss off everyone and use Δ.

But, really, I always ask myself do we call it Akh Afha Amphitheatre or do we just refer to it as "Shiva" because one is the fight the other is the location. And the game wouldn't dare just tell you to fight Shiva Extreme.

I assume when Ivalice is out we'll just call it I#, unless, of course, it ends up tiered out more like Void Ark where it's all Void Ark but the names of the sections are different.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Honestly, it should probably be called what the name is in the DF: Deltascape (therefore just D).

Or we could piss off everyone and use Δ.

But, really, I always ask myself do we call it Akh Afha Amphitheatre or do we just refer to it as "Shiva" because one is the fight the other is the location. And the game wouldn't dare just tell you to fight Shiva Extreme.

I assume when Ivalice is out we'll just call it I#, unless, of course, it ends up tiered out more like Void Ark where it's all Void Ark but the names of the sections are different.

Does in Japanese!

Robin64

How do you guys have really nice AA on? The only option I see in the game is a crappy "blur the whole screen" solution.

Alex

How do you guys have really nice AA on? The only option I see in the game is a crappy "blur the whole screen" solution.

Really nice AA would probably just be down sampling here, I think? Game does not play nice with most external AA, can only get a fairly tame implementation of MSAA through Reshade otherwise, unless I missed something new.

Top Bottom