• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

Ralemont

not me
Logged in last night and was immediately overwhelmed by all the changes (last time I played was 3.0).

Where's the best place to get updated job guides?

IvorB

The problem with the Ixion mount is that it has a horn that's almost as long as its body. Then you have the mane which is also comically large. So it just looks really strange and unbalanced.

I'm wondering whether it's worth me pushing onwards for another Garo mount. 60 wins is a lot...

They have positionals, they're only mentionned if you have Kenki gauge(so 52 or whatever), so if you're synced to lower they won't mention it. Kasha gives 5bonus from side, Gekko gives 5bonus from back. Ageha also gives a lot more Kenki if you finish a monster with it, good for fights with adds and stuff if you can time it right. Once you hit 62 the Kenki game changes entirely though and it stops being that scarce ressource you're trying to save up for Midare and instead it's a game of trying to spend it all constantly. Class gets a lot more fun once you hit that lvl(and later once you get Hagakure).

Wow, I must be blind; I didn't know SAM had positionals all this time. :\

I swear I thought the in-game tool tips for these doesn't state the positional bonuses. But, they're there in the Stormblood job guide page. To be fair to myself, they're buried in between all the other information about those skills.

mcw

I got the shit kicked out of me in Aurum Vale (WHM). Been hesitant about going back ever since but I gotta do it if I'm ever gonna get that relic weapon.

I don't get this... why go through do much trouble then?

I've been asking myself the same question since my first kill and still don't really have a good answer. To be honest it wasn't so bad once I decided to stop camping for a spawn and just relied on a Linkshell to keep me informed of any spawns.

The problem with the Ixion mount is that it has a horn that's almost as long as its body. Then you have the mane which is also comically large. So it just looks really strange and unbalanced.

I'm wondering whether it's worth me pushing onwards for another Garo mount. 60 wins is a lot...

You can spam feast for them, it's not really that bad, I did most of them in a couple of days on my bard, late night queues, instant pop, matches are like 2-4mins or so. Was good xp too, went from 68 to 69.5 doing pvp(about 60% winrate, bard is pretty strong when played right so that helped, I wouldn't have done it on a melee for example).

I kinda did them for the xp first, but after unlocking it, I gotta say it's my favorite mount. Unlike Ixion which is huge and ugly, Raigo looks really nice, it's not too big, animations are great, doesn't do annoying noises, I'm glad I got it. I don't like the other two either(but obviously I unlocked them on the way).

I actually unlocked most of the Garo stuff just doing the daily frontline ever since SB released. I still need a bunch of badges to buy some weapons, but have almost everything from the event and hadn't played before.

Astral

I got the shit kicked out of me in Aurum Vale (WHM). Been hesitant about going back ever since but I gotta do it if I'm ever gonna get that relic weapon.

Aurum Vale isn't so bad as long as everyone is standing by fruits during the boss fights. The first time I played it, both dps players died halfway through the first boss and me and the tank were able to kill. Don't worry too much if someone dies as long as the tank is fine.

aceface

Any dps on Ultros or Primal want to come along to O1S and O2S tonight? My group is missing a dps so if you know the fights send me a pm, we're looking for 2 chest clears.

Zomba13

So weird thing happened earlier. I was in a two person party (me and buddy) and we went to do an unsynced dungeon (for their completion and such) and we get in and at some point (unsure when) a third person shows up. They show up like they are offline (you know, name but ??? for their hp etc) and I search them online and find out that they are from Diabolos? Dunno what happened there but was super weird and freaky. They were offline the entire time and at one point just vanished from the party.

Squishy3

So weird thing happened earlier. I was in a two person party (me and buddy) and we went to do an unsynced dungeon (for their completion and such) and we get in and at some point (unsure when) a third person shows up. They show up like they are offline (you know, name but ??? for their hp etc) and I search them online and find out that they are from Diabolos? Dunno what happened there but was super weird and freaky. They were offline the entire time and at one point just vanished from the party.
There's been a bug where people queuing up for the Triple Triad battlehall have been ending up in dungeon instances. Not sure what causes it. They aren't actually in there, the game just decided to put them in there for some reason.

studyguy

tumblr_ouozrn86ZH1u3xw2vo1_540.jpg

Xux

I feel like I'm about to have a heart palpitation whenever I see someone playing this with tank controls.

Astral

I have trouble knowing what attack I'm about to be hit with as a WHM because I'm almost never targeting the boss. I like to target the tank because that way I can see their Regen or Medica II counter at all times, but then the boss does some shit where I have to look away to avoid it but I NEVER SEE IT COMIIIIING because I'm too busy hard targeting the tank and looking at life bars and numbers.

Zuly

I have trouble knowing what attack I'm about to be hit with as a WHM because I'm almost never targeting the boss. I like to target the tank because that way I can see their Regen or Medica II counter at all times, but then the boss does some shit where I have to look away to avoid it but I NEVER SEE IT COMIIIIING because I'm too busy hard targeting the tank and looking at life bars and numbers.

Advice from a fellow healer, always have a habit of focus targeting enemies/bosses you want to keep track of. Focus targeting pins a target's health bar that you wish to keep on your screen at all times regardless of what else you are targeting.

Shift + F on PC or X on controller while targeting the desired target.

I focus target bosses during boss fights/raids and focus target the tank during trash pulls. Some healers opt to move the party list closer to the screen so it's easier to keep track of. I keep it where it normally is but moved a bit for aesthetic reasons as I'm used to its default placement by now.

mcw

Would it be accurate to say that the healer needs to know the mechanics as well as the tank does in order to predict what challenges the tank will face and when? This is something I've been thinking about as well.

Astral

Advice from a fellow healer, always have a habit of focus targeting enemies/bosses you want to keep track of. Focus targeting pins a target's health bar that you wish to keep on your screen at all times regardless of what else you are targeting.

Shift + F on PC or X on controller while targeting the desired target.

I focus target bosses during boss fights/raids and focus target the tank during trash pulls. Some healers opt to move the party list closer to the screen so it's easier to keep track of. I keep it where it normally is but moved a bit for aesthetic reasons as I'm used to its default placement by now.

Yeah that's what I meant by hard targeting. I'm gonna start doing that because twice now have I almost died to a boss because I don't know what their attacks are. I can always jump back to the tank whenever Regen and the like run out.

Would it be accurate to say that the healer needs to know the mechanics as well as the tank does in order to predict what challenges the tank will face and when? This is something I've been thinking about as well.

Definitely. It's bitten me in the ass quite a few times now. It's important every role is aware of the mechanics.

Zuly

Yes, just as tanks have to prepare to use cooldowns before a tank buster, a healer needs to prepare their own cooldowns to heal said tank buster. Knowing when a big hit is going to happen is key to avoiding wipes from unavoidable damage. A good healer is not reactive to damage but rather pro-active. You start casting your healing spells to match the damage.

Let's say, the boss is going to do a tank buster that has a cast bar, the healer wants to end their healing cast a fraction of a second right after the tank buster hits, so the tank is immediately healed after receiving the tank buster. Failure to do this, may put the tank at risk of dying to a crit autoattack after a tank buster that failed to be properly mitigated/healed.

This, however, doesn't come into play until you start getting into the harder content such as Extreme Primals or Savage Raids.With that said, some 24-mans don't joke around when it comes to tank busters.

Kudo

Cleared V1S the first try last week and I can't beat it at all this week.

You'll get it down, it just so happens that because it's easier, people let their guard down. We probably had more deaths on O1S than on O4S overall this week, mostly because dying on O4S ruins it all while O1S is more lenient.
And as RDM it's just too easy to jump off the platform

kaze343

Wow, I must be blind; I didn't know SAM had positionals all this time. :\

I swear I thought the in-game tool tips for these doesn't state the positional bonuses. But, they're there in the Stormblood job guide page. To be fair to myself, they're buried in between all the other information about those skills.

most people didnt bother to read any changes to skills from kenki master 2 at 62. have seen a shocking amount of sams say that they dont have positionals.

B.K.

Finally got a group that cleared V1S. The Fending necklace dropped and of course, I lost the lot. I don't know if I want to spend the books an an accessory or wait one more week and buy the belt.

Rua

My static just disbanded.. welp. There goes all the O3S progress.

Might just go back to being a casual. End game raiding hasn't been very fun in this game from what I've experienced this past month.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Yeah that's what I meant by hard targeting. I'm gonna start doing that because twice now have I almost died to a boss because I don't know what their attacks are. I can always jump back to the tank whenever Regen and the like run out
Focus targeting is not the same thing as hard/soft targeting. Focus lets you see 2 health/cast bars at the same time, your current target will have the full bar and a mini bar appears for your focus target. This lets you hard target the tank while keeping an eye on boss tank busters without switching targets.

See that healer is targeting the tank but knows the Betrayed Soul is casting Stone without switching targets cause the Betrayed Souls was set as the Focus Target.

Can also use this the other way, hard target the boss and Focus Target the tank to keep an eye on their buff timers.

Village

Stop, he just needs to find his Moon.

He's a creep as weirdo, and i'm not even talking about the cult part where he's believes he's the fucking sun. That compounds onto this though

He's the in game equivalent of those dudes on body building forums, who are confused when girls don't just melt into their palms because they have muscles. Like humans are machines you put coins in and you get romance out.

" why can't I find my moon"

Because you are weird asshole, stop being a weird asshole, and people might actually like you. Its why like they said in the story the leader of the undying ones shot him down and now he's all pissy about it. Because you are weird asshole, when the people who live in the desert in a weird death cult who literally believe that that everyone in their village will be reincarnated into newborns, not even functioning understanding how societies multiply and how fucked up saying someone is someone else is ( they actually address this in a series of side quests ) , when those guys say you are a weird asshole, you are a weird asshole that no one likes.

He's the worst. He's shinji who can throw a punch. He's the fucking worst.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
"GAF I'm about to ask my moon out tomorrow wish me luck"

Astral

Focus targeting is not the same thing as hard/soft targeting. Focus lets you see 2 health/cast bars at the same time, your current target will have the full bar and a mini bar appears for your focus target. This lets you hard target the tank while keeping an eye on boss tank busters without switching targets.

See that healer is targeting the tank but knows the Betrayed Soul is casting Stone without switching targets cause the Betrayed Souls was set as the Focus Target.

Can also use this the other way, hard target the boss and Focus Target the tank to keep an eye on their buff timers.

Oh shit you're right. Thanks for this, it'll be so helpful. I even looked up a way to snap back to my focus target if ever I need to face them right away using a macro. Cool stuff.

He's a creep as weirdo, and i'm not even talking about the cult part where he's believes he's the fucking sun. That compounds onto this though

He's the in game equivalent of those dudes on body building forums, who are confused when girls don't just melt into their palms because they have muscles. Like humans are machines you put coins in and you get romance out.

" why can't I find my moon"

Because you are weird asshole, stop being a weird asshole, and people might actually like you. Its why like they said in the story the leader of the undying ones shot him down and now he's all pissy about it. Because you are weird asshole, when the people who live in the desert in a weird death cult who literally believe that that everyone in their village will be reincarnated into newborns, not even functioning understanding how societies multiply and how fucked up saying someone is someone else is ( they actually address this in a series of side quests ) , when those guys say you are a weird asshole, you are a weird asshole that no one likes.

He's the worst. He's shinji who can throw a punch. He's the fucking worst.

Lol I he didn't come off as THAT much of an asshole. He's not all like "hey baby come be my Moon." He seems to genuinely wanna find love which is funny considering how much of a dick he is in every other situation.

Village

That guy , isn't like that all the time. Sometimes that guy is a mope weird asshole, who whines in his room why girls don't like him. ( He even has a special big boy whining chair where he yes men tell him he's right ) and never do enough introspection to change them being a weird asshole. And are insufferable because of it.

A lot of people want to find their "moon", but that doesn't give you leeway to be a weird creepy asshole.

Thank god, he's the mopey guy, and not more... assertive, because he has a whole fucking cult of people on his weird angel island-esque situation he got going on.

He's the actual worst, I've never gone from " this guy looks like my character , he seems cool " to " oh fuck this guy" faster in this game since fucking estinien in the DRG quests.

Top Bottom