• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

Cilla

The problem with the Ixion mount is that it has a horn that's almost as long as its body. Then you have the mane which is also comically large. So it just looks really strange and unbalanced.

I'm wondering whether it's worth me pushing onwards for another Garo mount. 60 wins is a lot...

If you're on when your server is busy 8vs8 Feast is basically an instant Pop and a really fast way to get to 60 wins. The mount is totally worth it although I'm disappointed they don't have pvp music when mounted.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
HOLY FUCKING SHIT O4S FUCKING HURTS

Cleared 1-3 tonight (3 for the second time now) and spent an hour wiping on o4s

yeah it hurts pretty bad

on the bright side, our static might've found a great bard so FEED ME ALL THAT MP.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
3 O4S clears, 3 tank chests, 3 weapons for jobs no one's playing.

Good times. I'm just glad the Genji coffer is a thing.

We got two BLM rods in a row and a NIN weapon right after giving a coffer to the NIN
A classic
At least I can explode stuff in dungeons I guess

Omni

Healer pants dropped in v3s today, which was nice. Didn't get anything in v4s, buuut I think I'll roll on the coffer next week since all the dps have weapons already. We'll see what the tanks do, I guess

most people didnt bother to read any changes to skills from kenki master 2 at 62. have seen a shocking amount of sams say that they dont have positionals.

You get the positionals before 62, you get them when you unlock Kenki, at 52. That means the only time you don't see positionals is when you just unlock the class at 50 or when you're synced lower like for leveling roulette and stuff, but both in potd and any time past 52 you'd see the positionals. A lot of people never checked back after checking when they unlocked the class though I guess, but that makes Kenki generation pre 62 absolutely horrible if you're not doing positionals(obviously if you're just spamming potd, you probably won't notice since everything is omnidirectional so you always get the positionals, but if you do HW dungeons and stuff it's very noticeable).

At 62 you just get 5kenki on everything regardless, and the positional stay the same so you get 10 if you hit them.

IvorB

You can spam feast for them, it's not really that bad, I did most of them in a couple of days on my bard, late night queues, instant pop, matches are like 2-4mins or so. Was good xp too, went from 68 to 69.5 doing pvp(about 60% winrate, bard is pretty strong when played right so that helped, I wouldn't have done it on a melee for example).

I kinda did them for the xp first, but after unlocking it, I gotta say it's my favorite mount. Unlike Ixion which is huge and ugly, Raigo looks really nice, it's not too big, animations are great, doesn't do annoying noises, I'm glad I got it. I don't like the other two either(but obviously I unlocked them on the way).

I actually unlocked most of the Garo stuff just doing the daily frontline ever since SB released. I still need a bunch of badges to buy some weapons, but have almost everything from the event and hadn't played before.

If you're on when your server is busy 8vs8 Feast is basically an instant Pop and a really fast way to get to 60 wins. The mount is totally worth it although I'm disappointed they don't have pvp music when mounted.

You know, I haven't even tried Feast yet. I guess I should give it a go since I really enjoy Frontlines. I've been using RDM in PvP 'cause that's what I've been levelling but next up is bard. I do enjoy RDM in PvP especially Corps-a-corps followed by Flunge for the heavy effect. I love doing this to players who are think they are going to be running away.

Man, the Peaks (or Fringes?) S rank is pretty mean. I haven't seen bodies pile up like this in ages.

The more I try to look for a new group as a 'goon the more I feel like I should have been just playing BRD instead.

Where are all the statics that were recruiting melees last week holy shit

You know, I haven't even tried Feast yet. I guess I should give it a go since I really enjoy Frontlines. I've been using RDM in PvP 'cause that's what I've been levelling but next up is bard. I do enjoy RDM in PvP especially Corps-a-corps followed by Flunge for the heavy effect. I love doing this to players who are think they are going to be running away.

Man, the Peaks (or Fringes?) S rank is pretty mean. I haven't seen bodies pile up like this in ages.

Funny thing is it's actually super easy if you've fought a bunch of these monsters during the 2.0 era like for the relic quest, it's basically the same attacks. But yeah last time I fought it there were tons of people dying everywhere too.

The more I try to look for a new group as a 'goon the more I feel like I should have been just playing BRD instead.

Where are all the statics that were recruiting melees last week holy shit

I feel ya, every group I tried to join as a MNK already had a SAM or another MNK. I rarely see a DRG there. Originally the FC started a static but in the end turns out everyone is doing their own thing so I missed three weeks of savage since there is no room for my MNK. So many PF listings have reserved slots for NIN and BRD, despite the talkers of the community telling people not to worry about the meta lol.

At least BRD is fun again if you don't mind a little micromanaging, which I'm taking up again after a long hiatus.

I feel ya, every group I tried to join as a MNK already had a SAM or another MNK. I rarely see a DRG there. Originally the FC started a static but in the end turns out everyone is doing their own thing so I missed three weeks of savage since there is no room for my MNK. So many PF listings have reserved slots for NIN and BRD, despite the talkers of the community telling people not to worry about the meta lol.

At least BRD is fun again if you don't mind a little micromanaging, which I'm taking up again after a long hiatus.
I was mostly trying to fill in for a group I was gonna try out for but it's been a week since they said they'd set it up so I'm pretty sure at this point I've been cast aside and now all I can find is late night groups and groups starting out which are out of the question.

I wasted money and v1 pages but thankfully I haven't bought a weapon yet so I might as well go back to my main job.

Village

Samurai or Ninja?

I do both

for me I judge by style so if you gotta choose one, i would say whicever one you think will look cooler.

They both look pretty cool

Though if its a time thing, ninja you gotta start from lvl1 rouge, samurai starts at 50

studyguy

We've gotten a Scouting piece of gear literally every week, every Omega run, every time without fail till our O3S clear last night.

We don't have a nin.
YoshiP y do u do dis

kaze343

You get the positionals before 62, you get them when you unlock Kenki, at 52. That means the only time you don't see positionals is when you just unlock the class at 50 or when you're synced lower like for leveling roulette and stuff, but both in potd and any time past 52 you'd see the positionals. A lot of people never checked back after checking when they unlocked the class though I guess, but that makes Kenki generation pre 62 absolutely horrible if you're not doing positionals(obviously if you're just spamming potd, you probably won't notice since everything is omnidirectional so you always get the positionals, but if you do HW dungeons and stuff it's very noticeable).

At 62 you just get 5kenki on everything regardless, and the positional stay the same so you get 10 if you hit them.
could have sworn i hit 52 on my keyboard, but tiredness and lack of checking got to me.

Astral

I do both

for me I judge by style so if you gotta choose one, i would say whicever one you think will look cooler.

They both look pretty cool

Though if its a time thing, ninja you gotta start from lvl1 rouge, samurai starts at 50

Wait, Samurai starts at 50? Well damn. I'm already planning to level up a Bard as well and I'll have to start at 1 for that so I think I'll go with Samurai.

scy

We've gotten a Scouting piece of gear literally every week, every Omega run, every time without fail till our O3S clear last night.

We don't have a nin.
YoshiP y do u do dis

Our NIN is DRG secondary. Because somebody had to take all the loot that kept dropping and we figured one of the melee getting it made the most sense. ;_;

I think Aiming is where we've been shafted the most while DRG alt is at like i327 or something purely off Genji left-side stuff, our PLD is i340, and our WAR is like i330 or something with 5x crafted still.

#JustRNGThings

iammeiam

our PLD is i340

This sounds like a good thing.

It's not a good thing.

This is what happens when ilevel inflation drives you insane:
9976cdb45619a92dfb95558f33040344_2e97c13fdd593d15d543093f8a37b6f0fl0_640x873.jpg

that /mdance-ing between pulls

also 1826 Tenacity

iammeiam

The healer chest honestly isn't that bad; it's not the best raid gear they've done, but it is nice to have something more armored-looking than normal healer gear like I think this looks alright. But it is going to be impossible to convince me the (AMAZING) hat and the chest are the same actual outfit.

Finally someone posts good glamour in this thread.

the PLD is a former DRG

what the hell do they feed you people at DRG training camp

The healer chest honestly isn't that bad; it's not the best raid gear they've done, but it is nice to have something more armored-looking than normal healer gear like I think this looks alright. But it is going to be impossible to convince me the (AMAZING) hat and the chest are the same actual outfit.
It looks allright on bigger races, on anything else it just makes you look like a super sentai megazord waiting for the arms and legs to combine.

Astral

Damn I just hit level 70 on my WHM and I'm still only at Doma Castle. All this experience wasted unless I quickly get another class to 67 which is probably not gonna happen.

mcw

Got to the Ramuh fight last night. Fucking badass, man. I'm really enjoying the post-ARR content. If what everyone tells me about it is true regarding its quality compared to HW, I'm in for a major treat.

2 or so week recap from coming back. Missed about 5 days for work, and now missing the next 5 days.

Bard: 50 to 52
Miner: 50 to 57
Botanist: 50 to 55
Gladiator: 10 to 28
Various crafts, +1 Or 2 levels from turn ins.

I'm into the HW story now where I think things are getting interesting.
We're
Trying to stop the wyverns from attacking ishgard again.

I've unlocked a bunch of new (to me) stuff. I finished my first zone for flying. Unlocked squadrons, can do collectibles which are amazing exp for gathering.

Gathering has been hard, you need equipment pretty constantly to have a chance at new items. I most want to level my mining and botany so I can better level my crafts. Fishing is only level 19 or so. Really wish I could mark my map where gathering spots were.

Also. Where are the bard job quests? Gridania doesn't have anything for me. Or are there none?

Astral

Got to the Ramuh fight last night. Fucking badass, man. I'm really enjoying the post-ARR content. If what everyone tells me about it is true regarding its quality compared to HW, I'm in for a major treat.

It's amazing how much better HW and SB are than ARR. It's like they're completely different games.

Village

Yo , how do you feel about the elf twins, whats your opinion on them, love hate?

It's amazing how much better HW and SB are than ARR. It's like they're completely different games.

Yeah, pretty much. As far as story goes though I gotta say I enjoyed heavensward more than SB at this very moment

Croc

Banned
Does anyone have any 4.0 guides on AST? I've been playing a ton of it. I'm just about level 59 (my highest class, second being BLM at 54). I do a pretty good job as healer but I'm just trying to learn the intricacies of it so I can be as good as possible. Right now I'm trying to understand the pros and cons of Diurnal vs Nocturnal but it's pretty confusing to me. Especially cause I don't totally understand the shield mechanic.

Etroveria

Neo Member
I won greed rolls on casting stuff for both o2s and o3s this week

I main SCH

... my SMN is happy

LOL happy for you but I'm in static lootmaster so I couldn't even win the glaze cuz I suck at greed rolls. One time an aiming glove dropped (no BRD/MCH in pt) and it made our NIN switch to BRD for o3s lol

Yo , how do you feel about the elf twins, whats your opinion on them, love hate?

Alisaie is the best.

Astral

Yeah, pretty much. As far as story goes though I gotta say I enjoyed heavensward more than SB at this very moment

Alphinaud is a cool guy. His sister is aight. I'm sure this is an unpopular opinion. And yeah so far I like Heavensward more but Stormblood is getting pretty good again.

iammeiam

Does anyone have any 4.0 guides on AST? I've been playing a ton of it. I'm just about level 59 (my highest class, second being BLM at 54). I do a pretty good job as healer but I'm just trying to learn the intricacies of it so I can be as good as possible. Right now I'm trying to understand the pros and cons of Diurnal vs Nocturnal but it's pretty confusing to me. Especially cause I don't totally understand the shield mechanic.

This guide is pretty decent at explaining general concepts, but is unfortunately sort of shallow where Noct is concerned.

Diurnal is probably easier to get a feel for healing with, but Noct is kind of overpowered right now for raid stuff.

If you're Diurnal, you can cast Aspected Benefic on him he gets healed for 200 potency now, and then over the next 18 seconds gets another 840 potency healed via the regen effect. This means one single cast gets you 1040 potency of healing, but it takes some time to see the full impact. It will get his health up in times of constant, low damage. If your Aspected Benefic heals for 2,000 HP, then every three seconds another 1,400 HP will get restored to the tank for the next 18 seconds.

If you're Noct, you cast Aspected Benefic and he gets healed for 200 potency now, and gets a shield worth two and a half times the heal. So 200 potency healed to his HP, and then 500 potency in a shield. That means if your Aspected Benefic heals him for 2,000 HP, he's also going to get a shield that lasts 30 seconds that will absorb the next 5,000 damage he takes without touching HP at all.

The Noct shield is lower potency, but it's available immediately. If the tank is taking heavy damage, this can be a big difference since you can keep putting shields on him back-to-back and getting full value out of the cast without needing 18 seconds to pass in between (usually you'd want to do the healing heavy lifting with other spells, but since Aspected Benefic is instant-cast it's nice to be able to toss out while moving or whatever.) It also lasts 30 seconds, so if he takes no damage for the first 15 seconds and then a bunch of damage in the last 15, you're still getting full value out of the shield. Vs a regen where if he takes no damage for the first 9 seconds, half the regen ends up being wasted. This also means you can drop a Noct shield on a tank before he starts the pull, and it'll eat a bunch of the damage during the pull while not generating any threat, which can be nice.

Either works for dungeon content, and either works for raid content but you usually will in 8-man content pick your sect based on the other healer. If you get paired with a WHM, pick Noct so you can put up shields before heavy-hitting attacks while the WHM uses their regens to gradually bring party health back up. If you get paired with a SCH, go Diurnal so you can put down regens while the SCH is proactively shielding. If you get paired with another AST... just kind of see if you both have a preference.

studyguy

I haven't even bothered with the glamour game this patch. Everything looks like hot fucking garbage.
All my gear is base color, no glamour.

Literally giving up life.

Top Bottom