• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

RANT ON

Goddamn tanks !!
Not everyone doing alamigo or doma castle have lv300+ gear.
Some people are doing their roulette to get the gear... stop assuming everyone has extra end game content because you have one.

Stop pulling multiple rooms and running ahead when i don't have any freaking MP left . i , as a AST , i need a little time in cooldown.

So annoying

RANT OFF

You see i can't heal you in time , you see i don't have MP left ... and you're surprised you die like a moron and you tell me " i don't understand it's my usual pull " ..how the heck am i supposed to heal you if , by the time i catch up to you , you have like 2K Hp left ? Emmergency heals , are that .. i can't spam that sh*t .. stop running ahead , wait for your freaking teammates !!

And worse , you see it doesn't work , why are you insisting on big pulls ... if it doesn't work for whatever reason , do small pulls !! WHY SO STUBBORN ... WHY

WHY DAMMIT

What is the problem with this end game ? Why are so many tanks idiots ? Heck , you don't even tell me you're gonna pull big , you just do ... is it so hard to even ask your team if they are ok with it ? IS IT SO HARD ?

RANT OFF ( for real )

B.K.

I've gotten Leatherworker up to 50 and done all the ARR class quests for it. I think I'm going to work on Carpenter next. I'm sick of the Ixali daily quests. I hate how much travelling is involved with them. I wish all their quests were contained to North Shroud.

aceface

I've gotten Leatherworker up to 50 and done all the ARR class quests for it. I think I'm going to work on Carpenter next. I'm sick of the Ixali daily quests. I hate how much travelling is involved with them. I wish all their quests were contained to North Shroud.

I wouldn't even bother with Ixal. Too much work for too little exp. Level up crafters solely through leves. Unless I guess if you're out of leves, then wait for them to recharge.

Redx508

Fat Moogle Mount Giveaway!

Okay so I have two of these mounts to give away. Instead of just randomly doing it, I figured we could have a kind of screenshot contest. To enter, just quote this and post your screenshot in the thread. The theme is just well... anything related to Stormblood! Can be a cool moment or just your character posed a certain way. You get the idea. If you don't have Stormblood, whatever else will work too, haha.

I'll pick one winner that I like the most and the other mount will be randomly given to someone that enters.
If no one enters I'll just post both codes here buuut I'd rather not have lurkers take them

Deadline is in a week so there's time!

bla_1505728800.png

Okay so I have two of these mounts to give away. Instead of just randomly doing it, I figured we could have a kind of screenshot contest. To enter, just quote this and post your screenshot in the thread. The theme is just well... anything related to Stormblood! Can be a cool moment or just your character posed a certain way. You get the idea. If you don't have Stormblood, whatever else will work too, haha.

I'll pick one winner that I like the most and the other mount will be randomly given to someone that enters.
If no one enters I'll just post both codes here buuut I'd rather not have lurkers take them

bla_1505728800.png

Love my Red Mage

bla_1505728800.png

First person is pretty rad for screenshots.

Kesagiri

bla_1505728800.png

Here's my entry! I took it during one of my many Ixion camp parties.

I'm posting more that almost became my entry. This next one is when I finally got SAM to 60 and started the Stormblood areas.

Next is my favorite screen from 3.0.

Bebpo

Banned
I finished the last dungeon I needed for completion yesterday, so now all I have left for completion-sake is Nidhogg/Sephirot/Sophia Exs, Alexander Savage 1-12, and Omega Savage 2/3/4. Omega Savage 2.0 is pretty easy to get a learning party, but it's pretty tough getting people to join a [practice] party for Nidhogg/Sephirot/Sophia/Alexander at this point (though Zurvan seems to get learning parties daily which is how I got into that and beat it after a couple hours with a PuG).

Out of Nidhogg/Sephirot/Sophia Ex, Fist of Alexander Savage, are any of those pretty much a joke at 70 unsync and I don't need to bother with a learning party and should just watch a video once, then jump into a WT or farm party and wing it? Which ones have enough mechanics (like Zurvan or T9) that even unsync I'm gonna need a few runs to learn the fight?

Just trying to figure out the most efficient order to attack these and be caught up in content until 4.1

Parmenide

New player here. Bought the complete edition today. What's a good comprise of fun and power for a beginner? Talking about classes (jobs?).

yaffi

What is the problem with this end game?

If you mean 4-man dungeons, the problem is it's not end game. It's something that at this point utterly bores people, but still needs to get done. Preferabely as fast as possible.

But yes, wiping is bad. It costs time.

bla_1505728800.png

Guess I'll post my best pic too.

If you mean 4-man dungeons, the problem is it's not end game. It's something that at this point utterly bores people, but still needs to get done. Preferabely as fast as possible.

But yes, wiping is bad. It costs time.

i meant a certain group of people that i'm seeing more and more as i was approaching the stormblood end.
I get it that you want to be fast , but when you got to a wall and hurt yourself Twice , is the only answer "we've gonna go faster ?"

Because that's the answer i feel i was given.
It's so annoying to be accused of lagging when i can't heal enough for those MASSIVE pulls , when the tank is rushing ahead not even bothering to see if the DPS or HEALERS are following.
I mean during some boss , not everyone is close to the exit of the boss room right ? there 's loot in the safe , right ? can't i have EVEN a few secs to check things ? isn't the "Gotta go fast " mentality just annoying ? It's so annoying to me.

Sometimes there are players so eager to start , they rush on ahead , i can't even type "hello" or even cast a "Protect" ..i'm so freaking tried of this

Rua

i meant a certain group of people that i'm seeing more and more as i was approaching the stormblood end.
I get it that you want to be fast , but when you got to a wall and hurt yourself Twice , is the only answer "we've gonna go faster ?"

Because that's the answer i feel i was given.
It's so annoying to be accused of lagging when i can't heal enough for those MASSIVE pulls , when the tank is rushing ahead not even bothering to see if the DPS or HEALERS are following.
I mean during some boss , not everyone is close to the exit of the boss room right ? there 's loot in the safe , right ? can't i have EVEN a few secs to check things ? isn't the "Gotta go fast " mentality just annoying ? It's so annoying to me.

Sometimes there are players so eager to start , they rush on ahead , i can't even type "hello" or even cast a "Protect" ..i'm so freaking tried of this

Dungeons are the most boring content in the game. As every role, I want them done as fast as possible. You shouldn't have a problem keeping up really, use sprint. It doesn't even cost TP anymore. Hell, healers don't even need TP anyways when it used to cost it. You can just auto-run while you roll on loot.

Until dungeons become less of a chore, most people will choose to speed run them. So with this in mind, what do you do? You tell the tank to take it slow. People can't read minds. Speed running is the default, you have to tell them to slow down or they will do what everyone else does.

Thorgal

On the other hand i can count on one hand the amount of times i or someone else got told i/them are moving too slow while tanking .

from my experience on my server people are more content to get the dungeon over with even if that means it takes a min or 2 longer rather then wiping over and over again ,

so as long as progress is made i don't hear any complaints about not pulling enough .

Dungeons are the most boring content in the game. As every role, I want them done as fast as possible. You shouldn't have a problem keeping up really, use sprint. It doesn't even cost TP anymore. Hell, healers don't even need TP anyways when it used to cost it. You can just auto-run while you roll on loot.

Until dungeons become less of a chore, most people will choose to speed run them. So with this in mind, what do you do? You tell the tank to take it slow. People can't read minds. Speed running is the default, you have to tell them to slow down or they will do what everyone else does.

Speed run isn't the default.
It should be something done when the group agrees. If there is no discussion and you run on ahead , it's not and will never be the right thing.
Some tanks don't even wait even when there is a newcommer despite the messages.
As i said , sometimes i can't even cast a protect and they're already out of the range.

It's not the fault of the dongeons if people can't even talk among themselves. You know why ? Because there are many groups that ACTUALLY talk and play the game properly.
You feel it's ok to rush even when there are newcommers that don't even know the dongeon ? Speed running should not be the norm , unless a group agrees . Heck head butting and keeping the speed run when it doesn't work is foolish.
Yesterday i was in a dongeon. The tank asked if it everyone was ok ..and i had no problems. In what universe just rushing ahead is a good idea ?

Kenai

It might be a pain, but a small mention that you are low geared or newer usually means they'll go a bit slower for you. If they ignore you and make it harder in spite of those warning then yea, all on them. Since its right before a patch and current content has been around a few months most will pull fast without even thinking twice otherwise

Rua

Speed run isn't the default.

There's a reason people tell you to do Castrum Meridianum and The Praetorium in party finder/with friends. Because speed running it is the default. Whether it should or shouldn't be the case, doesn't matter. People will do it anyways. They want the rewards as fast as possible.

Getting tanks that actually ask if they can pull big, is rare. That doesn't mean you should expect everyone to be like that. Just tell them yourself you want smaller pulls. If they don't comply and you can't keep up, just kick them. If the DPS don't want to kick them, then stop healing and get yourself kicked. Healer queues are quick. It's not worth staying with a party you hate being in. There's also this nifty feature called a blacklist. You can open up contacts to see the people you just ran with and add them to that so you don't have to run with them again.

On the other hand i can count on one hand the amount of times i or someone else got told i/them are moving too slow while tanking .

from my experience on my server people are more content to get the dungeon over with even if that means it takes a min or 2 longer rather then wiping over and over again ,

so as long as progress is made i don't hear any complaints about not pulling enough .

"Hey tank, I think the healer's falling asleep"
-From a DPS in my first time tanking
Doma Castle
. The strategy in that dungeon was apparently to pull everything to the first boss? I hated tanking this dungeon. Someone always pulled ahead of me.

You can't please everyone.

Run with friends or just people you know. That fixes everything, usually.

Zomba13

Dungeons are stupidly easy content though. Especially when you get to the end game and have geared up a bit. And they are something you have to grind out to get tomes every week. Sure there are other things to do but it's one of the quickest and easiest ways to get tomes.

When someone is new to the dungeon it shouldn't really matter outside of the bosses. Trash is Trash, just don't stand in any AoEs and if there is a clump of them burn them down with your own AoE attacks. If there is any mechanics to the boss people usually just give a sentence or two for the trick (like at Yojimbo say "pick up the gold") then you're ready, there is rarely anything like "when he does *this* do *that*" like in a trial or raid.

And if you don't want things done fast what is wrong with just asking to slow down? In most grinds, the default is "as fast as possible". They are called grinds for a reason. If I notice that people are having trouble after the first pull then I'll go slow and take each group of 3 enemies at a time, if we handle the first "big" pull then I'll continue to pull what I can take for the rest of the dungeon. At this point (most) people are overgeared for EXDR so chances are even with a new person you'll be fine doing big pulls.

B.K.

Got Carpenter to 50. After I do its ARR job quests, I think I'll do Culinarian next. I'm dreading it. Every recipe needs a lot of items to make.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Got Carpenter to 50. After I do its ARR job quests, I think I'll do Culinarian next. I'm dreading it. Every recipe needs a lot of items to make.

Just spam simple recipes.

There's almost always an item that just needs 1 or 2 items for every crafting tier.

People still hating SMN? Our rdm switched 3 nights into 04s back to smn and continues kicking ass dps wise.

65% of your damage coming from things that don't get in the way of doing mechanics is supa good.

People still hating SMN? Our rdm switched 3 nights into 04s back to smn and continues kicking ass dps wise.

65% of your damage coming from things that don't get in the way of doing mechanics is supa good.
SMN issues have hardly been because of damage. It's easy to say the job is fine when you're doing fights on farm with it.

aceface

SMN can still do good dps it's just harder to do it well. If you mess up your rotation anywhere along the line you get punished worse than other dps classes.

bla_1505728800.png

Almost forgot to post mine.

aceface

bla_1505728800.png

Here's my entry. Coerlfist jerk minion to prove it's stormblood:

This one was my runner up:

Ruff

CUL is probably the easiest craft i got to 60 so far. I feel like a majority of the leves only wanted NPC vended items, and 50-60 was entirely done in one 10 minute go by spamming ishgardian muffin levequest standing completely still the whole time. (no idea about 60-70 tho)

aceface

CUL is probably the easiest craft i got to 60 so far. I feel like a majority of the leves only wanted NPC vended items, and 50-60 was entirely done in one 10 minute go by spamming ishgardian muffin levequest standing completely still the whole time. (no idea about 60-70 tho)

60-70 I did basically the same thing by spamming the Gyr Abanian Flour leve.

yami4ct

bla_1505728800.png

Having just (finally) have finished Stormblood, getting to run around Kugane for the first time is still the most memorable moment for me. What a cool new city.

Caj814

bla_1505728800.png

Right after finishing the Sam 70 quest

Bebpo

Banned
Alright, so I did 2.0 savage with a pf group and we did pretty solid but didn't clear. I watched the video and it feels like the mechanics are pretty straightforward for DPS (maybe moreso than V1S, seems like a healer stage), but one thing I don't get is: the usual rec for the high/low stacks is tanks & healers up, DPS down. The problem is that most of the time the boss likes pulling a DPS up. My group said don't worry about it and in those cases it would be 5up, 3down. But doesn't that give vulnerability debuff to everyone?

Rua

Alright, so I did 2.0 savage with a pf group and we did pretty solid but didn't clear. I watched the video and it feels like the mechanics are pretty straightforward for DPS (maybe moreso than V1S, seems like a healer stage), but one thing I don't get is: the usual rec for the high/low stacks is tanks & healers up, DPS down. The problem is that most of the time the boss likes pulling a DPS up. My group said don't worry about it and in those cases it would be 5up, 3down. But doesn't that give vulnerability debuff to everyone?

I think it forces a healer/tank to stay down as well if a DPS gets pulled up.

Bebpo

Banned
I think it forces a healer/tank to stay down as well if a DPS gets pulled up.

But if you're a healer/tank and you see a DPS up, how do you know which healer tank should not levitate? Maybe I'm over thinking this.

Also I feel like I've gotten to the true FFXIV endgame, waiting around in pf for slots to fill with nothing for a half hour or more at a time ><

scy

But if you're a healer/tank and you see a DPS up, how do you know which healer tank should not levitate? Maybe I'm over thinking this.

Also I feel like I've gotten to the true FFXIV endgame, waiting around in pf for slots to fill with nothing for a half hour or more at a time ><

It will always take care of itself if everyone is trying to do 4 up / 4 down splits. If all tanks/healers go up and all DPS go down, for instance, you will always have 3 tanks/healers up and 3 DPS down no matter what the mechanic picks and the last two will always slot into those missing spots.

Basically, assigning it ahead of time makes it automatic.

Rua

grabbed this from mizzteq's video:

0r91Is0.png

Notice the buff/debuff icons.

You'll see it as flying text too if you're the one chosen.
IVkyjmi.png

One gets elevated, the other grounded. The person that gets grounded is pulled down if they're already up.

Squishy3

if you're forced up/down you can't do anything to change it afaik.

dps always down tanks/heals up or vice versa ensures the same amount of people regardless of the outcome. if you're tank/healer, go up, if you're dps stay down.

only time anything changes that is when a dps went up beforehand by accident or never came back down

Bebpo

Banned
Got my Sephirot/Sophia/Nidhogg Ex clears. Complete different experiences in each one, but more because the parties and less than fights (these days unsync, Sephirot is probably the most the challenging one).

My Sephirot team was made of a few real community heroes, the kind of people who sit with you party after party as people quit after a single wipe and half the party disbands but 1 or 2 people stick with you until you get your next party and help you get a good team and get your clear. Took about 1-2 hours of a few parties because of people leaving, but we got the clear and it was good.

My Nidhogg party was angry people yelling at people demeaning others and totally shit. Of course it was a farm party and no one can clear it even after getting 1 clear. ^^;

My Sophia party was late night drunk, jubilant and fun people just there to have a good time and party with each other. Clearing came second, or third or somewhere down the line. Nah, this was just about having fun and joking with each other. No one cared about wipes and mistakes. Those were laughed off as warm up or just being really awesome and giving others a chance to shine. We cleared it super messy (I got ressurected twice mid-slide and flew off the platform while floating in the air in ressurection), but everyone had fun and that was what mattered. Probably the best group I've ever had through pf. Really wish you could add friendlist across worlds! Great people.

My Omega 2.0 Savage party between that stuff was kinda a mix. Nice people, not too serious, but there'd be like one person who was an ass to everyone, and one person who didn't talk/listen to anyone and just did their own solo yolo thing breaking any sort of coordination. Current-tier Savage pf groups are an interesting mix. Not sure if they're for me, maybe a little too serious.

Coming from a day/night of all that, it really is the community that makes or breaks the game. And even with some of the jerks or super serious endgame players, it still reminds me how much better it is now than it was at Stormblood's launch month. My most vivid memory of Stormblood besides the instance fuckery was my first time at the final MSQ boss, getting a duty finder pop after 30 mins of waiting, nobody gives any advice and 3 people die on the first major attack the tidal wave and then both healers instantly quit and it takes another 45 mins to get a team again through df. Whereas, considering the opening tidal wave is pretty much one of the only wipe mechanics in the fight, if they just said "hey when you see a tidal pool go to the side where it's at so you don't fall off" and did a second try it probably would've been a clear. But that was too much effort for launch players who only gave a crap about themselves. Lot of jerks and people abandoning in those first couple of weeks in a rush, rush, rush to get to the endgame.

Now it feels closer to the months before SB launched, although much more active. But a lot of those type of players have left, and even the super serious players tend to just log on weekly and get their savage clear and not stick around, so the remaining community tends to be pretty good people who are in it for the long run and having fun and like to help out. I'm around 725 hours in now after less than a year of playing and it's been the community that's kept me around and not getting to many other games at all this year because of it ^^;

Alfebit

Banned

bla_1505728800.png

My entry. Such a pretty area.

Coming from a day/night of all that, it really is the community that makes or breaks the game.

Sorry the post was huge so i'll just quote that.

Despite what i said yesterday ,; i agree ..there was numerous dongeons where i experienced some trully great moments with randoms and i do recall some great times where the mood was fantastic. This community can be magnificent at times. and that is why i was so pissed of a few days ago.

i agree with you bebpo , more than ever.

yaffi

Heck head butting and keeping the speed run when it doesn't work is foolish.

You're right about that.

I usually (as a tank) do a quick group constellation analysis: how's the healer geared, will the dds be able to aoe, is there any new player, stuff like that.

I also tell people to ask questions if they're new to the content. Most of the time there's no reply though.

In my opinion the real problem is people with an aversion to communicate and treating other players like npcs or something.

"Hi, I'm new to this."/"Hi, first time for me."
"Can I do big pulls?"
"If you have any questions about this, just ask."

These are phrases you don't exactly read a lot.

Hell, even "Hi."/"Hello" and "Bye."/Good job, bye." or similar are comments some people aren't able or willing to type. It's easily doable with the auto-translation tool too.

Astral

I haven't been able to play this game for a week because of fucking Irma. I still don't have internet. I'm missing out on raid loot.

Top Bottom