• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

Zomba13

Quick gardening question. If I have crops/flowers ready to harvest could I just leave them in the plot and they will just stay there looking pretty? Or is there a harvest window that if you wait too long then they die? I kind of want to just leave my brighlillies in their planter as is.

Cmagus

Day 3 still can't get past the second boss in Rabanastre..... can't believe how many people can't survive pillars or meet the dps check for the sands lol.

kaze343

And yet if you only read the forum you would believe that both monk and Dark Knight are both hugging each other in a corner with " TRASH TIER " engraved on their forehead :p

i wanna say for monk at least, its because the one party buff (brotherhood) only works on physical attacks, so they feel it sucks, and riddle of fire shouldnt lower the speed they have. at least thats what i see a few complain about.

kagamin

i wanna say for monk at least, its because the one party buff (brotherhood) only works on physical attacks, so they feel it sucks, and riddle of fire shouldnt lower the speed they have. at least thats what i see a few complain about.

Well hey, using riddle of fire I can double weave in GL3 which is pretty nice.

Day 3 still can't get past the second boss in Rabanastre..... can't believe how many people can't survive pillars or meet the dps check for the sands lol.

With how many hours of gameplay it would take to get to this raid, it does wear on my patience to watch people constantly fail at dodging the same standard AoEs. You'll get a good group eventually, so keep going. It took me four tries.
My favorite is when this happens. Can't get mad, at least they know what a stack marker is.

suzu

Quick gardening question. If I have crops/flowers ready to harvest could I just leave them in the plot and they will just stay there looking pretty? Or is there a harvest window that if you wait too long then they die? I kind of want to just leave my brighlillies in their planter as is.

Flowers grown in flowerpots won't rot or die, so you can leave them alone if you want.

Kenai

I think they die if not picked, but I also think there might be some crafts to make permanent flowers/flowerpots? Or at least some furnishings that look like them. Unless that's only for outside

Edit: ^^^ ok, for outside only. The more you know!

midramble

Pizza, Bourbon, and Thanos
Dear Lord. It's been so long that I feel drunk. Can't hardly function, can barely control my movement (was using a controller on PC before) and basically have no idea where I am while my ride is missing (chocobo is missing). Apparently my chocobo was in the gaf fc stable last time I was on and now I have to go see some npc near there to collect all my room stuff and my chocobo. I remember (maybe) I used to teleport directly to the fc house in mist but now that I can't I have no clue how to get there hahaha. Off to Google. Gotta do some rehabilitation. Don't remember why I'm a sixty monk and 60 healer (among other things) I think I was running PvP as a healer for a bit? So much to relearn.

Malakhov

Banned
Dear Lord. It's been so long that I feel drunk. Can't hardly function, can barely control my movement (was using a controller on PC before) and basically have no idea where I am while my ride is missing (chocobo is missing). Apparently my chocobo was in the gaf fc stable last time I was on and now I have to go see some npc near there to collect all my room stuff and my chocobo. I remember (maybe) I used to teleport directly to the fc house in mist but now that I can't I have no clue how to get there hahaha. Off to Google. Gotta do some rehabilitation. Don't remember why I'm a sixty monk and 60 healer (among other things) I think I was running PvP as a healer for a bit? So much to relearn.
I started with a controller on the pc but changed to a kb/mouse. Dont know how you could do this, kudos to you lol

midramble

I started with a controller on the pc but changed to a kb/mouse. Dont know how you could do this, kudos to you lol

Truly out of stubborness as I just like the ergonomics of a control over keyboard. Not going to lie, it would hurt my rotation a bit as I remember it either being hard or impossible to put all the skills necessary for top dps on the two action bars.

What's the best way to get money these days? I was selling materia a lot last time if I remember correctly.

grimmiq

Truly out of stubborness as I just like the ergonomics of a control over keyboard. Not going to lie, it would hurt my rotation a bit as I remember it either being hard or impossible to put all the skills necessary for top dps on the two action bars.

What's the best way to get money these days? I was selling materia a lot last time if I remember correctly.

Can you do Wondrous Tails at lvl60? I think this week's 1 line reward is your choice of a tier VI crafting/gathering materia, which is around 1.2mil (on Hyperion, not sure abut Ultros), which is pretty easy to get.

The market for materia outside crafting/gathering is pretty flooded, with how many drop in dungeons and cracked clusters from hunts.

Welp, looks like I can't play FFXIV again until possibly Monday at the earliest.

My iPhone's screen cracked pretty majorly, so I went to my provider's store to get it replaced, but I completely forgot about the software token app that I use with the one-time password. I even backed up and restored my old phone through iCloud, and the token app is now on this temporary phone I'm using but with one major problem: I need to get the registration password again to use the app. But, I need to log in to my account to see said password; and I can't log in to my Square Enix account because I need that one-time password to do so. So, I'm gonna have to get ahold of Square Enix support to try and bypass all this, but they're only available Mondays through Fridays.

Fucking christ.

Resilient

Welp, looks like I can't play FFXIV again until possibly Monday at the earliest.

My iPhone's screen cracked pretty majorly, so I went to my provider's store to get it replaced, but I completely forgot about the software token app that I use with the one-time password. I even backed up and restored my old phone through iCloud, and the token app is now on this temporary phone I'm using but with one major problem: I need to get the registration password again to use the app. But, I need to log in to my account to see said password; and I can't log in to my Square Enix account because I need that one-time password to do so. So, I'm gonna have to get ahold of Square Enix support to try and bypass all this, but they're only available Mondays through Fridays.

Fucking christ.

email support and they will sort you out.

Just had the worst damn Astrologian in Midgardsormr.
We made it to the boss fine but wiped SEVEN goddamn times in a row in the exact same way. The AST would stand in occasional AOEs which would slowly but surely lead to his death. I'd swiftcast res him as a SMN, mana share to him, then run around popping Aetherflow and energy drain to try and be able to fight again. Then he'd just fucking die again!
Every time out if the seven attempts he died first. Sometimes I'd res him twice in one attempt.
Just bad. I finally left. Gonna retry again tomorrow or Monday but that was just frustrating beyond all get out.
I just wanna make it to Heavensward. 😭

Squishy3

Fucking christ.
You're supposed to write that registration password down separately in the case of something like this happening. For future reference so you won't need to go through this song and dance again.

Omni

Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself trying to farm Shinryu in the PF so soon after the patch dropped. Every party I've joined has been a complete disaster. Hmmm

Guess I could try and convince my static to run a few more clears but when everyone is already maxed out with 345 weapons and the dog drop rate is so low, there's not much incentive

midramble

Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself trying to farm Shinryu in the PF so soon after the patch dropped. Every party I've joined has been a complete disaster. Hmmm

Guess I could try and convince my static to run a few more clears but when everyone is already maxed out with 345 weapons and the dog drop rate is so low, there's not much incentive

Dear Lord we're at 345 lvl weapons now? Sooo much work to do.

B.K.

I made it to Shinryu Ex's add phase tonight. Of course, everyone else died on the jump, so I at least saw the first wave of adds, but didn't get to fight any.

Omni

Speaking of. I don't know if it's just me but the QTE is /really/ damn hard on controller

Unnecessarily hard even. It's actually kinda stressful. But meanwhile on PC it's a breeze

Squishy3

Mash every button, everything counts and makes it go super fast. This should also go for controllers, mash the face buttons and triggers.

B.K.

It would be nice to make progress on Shinryu and clear Rabanastre tomorrow, but I'm not getting my hopes up. I would have liked to have gone to one of the GAF Rabanastre runs, but this hasn't been a good week for me.

iammeiam

Mash every button, everything counts and makes it go super fast. This should also go for controllers, mash the face buttons and triggers.

This is 100% the key; I was struggling to consistently do the ATM the way I'd always done the one in A11S, until somebody pointed out that you can just hit anything, you don't have to spam just one button.

It's super easy to do if you're hitting the d-pad and the face buttons

Squishy3

This is 100% the key; I was struggling to consistently do the ATM the way I'd always done the one in A11S, until somebody pointed out that you can just hit anything, you don't have to spam just one button.

It's super easy to do if you're hitting the d-pad and the face buttons
It's super satisfying doing it on keyboard, haha.

iVHfwLc.gif

kaze343

Speaking of. I don't know if it's just me but the QTE is /really/ damn hard on controller

Unnecessarily hard even. It's actually kinda stressful. But meanwhile on PC it's a breeze

its stupidly easy on controller. d pad and the four face buttons makes it take like a second.

Zomba13

Flowers grown in flowerpots won't rot or die, so you can leave them alone if you want.

I think they die if not picked, but I also think there might be some crafts to make permanent flowers/flowerpots? Or at least some furnishings that look like them. Unless that's only for outside

Edit: ^^^ ok, for outside only. The more you know!

Thank you both.

Bebpo

Banned
I was talking to duckroll about how the game already feels pretty quiet again less than a week since the new content patch dropped. Outside the couple of Shinryuu Ex parties in pf, you could hardly tell new content came out.

Since this is my first post-expansion content rodeo, do people only really come back every 6 months or so for the next tier of the Raid? And then after a month or two they leave for the next 4 months?
I tried queuing for Skalla, Saturday night, first weekend after it's release and...no one was playing it, not a single tank or healer queued for it in 30 mins and even a second dps took like 10-15 mins to queue.
Even when we did our gaf map party today, first map party after hidden canals is released...and took a while for us to even get a full team.

Just seems kinda ghostland. I still play a little every day, but mostly doing crafting GC turn-ins, daily map gathering, adventurer squad, and retainer MB stuff.
*edit* oh yeah and I do a hunt or two if I'm online and see one pop. Still need some mount speed 2 maps for ARR areas and can always use the creation tomes from SB hunts.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I was talking to duckroll about how the game already feels pretty quiet again less than a week since the new content patch dropped. Outside the couple of Shinryuu Ex parties in pf, you could hardly tell new content came out.

Since this is my first post-expansion content rodeo, do people only really come back every 6 months or so for the next tier of the Raid? And then after a month or two they leave for the next 4 months?
I tried queuing for Skalla, Saturday night, first weekend after it's release and...no one was playing it, not a single tank or healer queued for it in 30 mins and even a second dps took like 10-15 mins to queue.
Even when we did our gaf map party today, first map party after hidden canals is released...and took a while for us to even get a full team.

Just seems kinda ghostland. I still play a little every day, but mostly doing crafting GC turn-ins, daily map gathering, adventurer squad, and retainer MB stuff,
The actual amount of content in each patch isn't that big if you're not interested in the mindless tome grind. Clear the new MS (3-5 hr), sidequest chain (1-3 hr) the new dungeon/s (1-2 hours), if there's a new stage of the raid add a few hours to that, and if you want some challenge you can spend a few days trying to tackle the new EX Primal.
The above is more or less all the interesting stuff for people who don't craft/gather and so far, playing since 1.0, clearing everything once has not been a hard thing to do in a day or two after work.
Obviously there's the savage version of the raid, but that's for higher tier of players, casual and mid-core people usually don't bother.

The game really lacks good repeatable content imo, last time I had fun for more than a week after a patch was after the PotD update - soloing it was really enjoyable. Unless I'm remembering it wrong, both Diadem and the attempt at reviving it have been a fluke.
The next thing I'm looking forward is Eureka, because tome farming is extremely boring.

Bebpo

Banned
The actual amount of content in each patch isn't that big if you're not interested in the mindless tome grind. Clear the new MS (3-5 hr), sidequest chain (1-3 hr) the new dungeon/s (1-2 hours), if there's a new stage of the raid add a few hours to that, and if you want some challenge you can spend a few days trying to tackle the new EX Primal.
The above is more or less all the interesting stuff for people who don't craft/gather and so far, playing since 1.0, clearing everything once has not been a hard thing to do in a day or two after work.
Obviously there's the savage version of the raid, but that's for higher tier of players, casual and mid-core people usually don't bother.

The game really lacks good repeatable content imo, last time I had fun for more than a week after a patch was after the PotD update - soloing it was really enjoyable. Unless I'm remembering it wrong, both Diadem and the attempt at reviving it have been a fluke.
The next thing I'm looking forward is Eureka, because tome farming is extremely boring.

What would be good repeatable content? I've never played any other MMOs so I don't have a frame of reference. I find replaying the dungeons/raids/pvp pretty fun and there's always something left to grind.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
What would be good repeatable content? I've never played any other MMOs so I don't have a frame of reference. I find replaying the dungeons/raids/pvp pretty fun and there's always something left to grind.
This is a good question and I don't know if any post-WoW mmo was able to do it right.
People can have fun in a game in many ways, but I would want something which isn't just repetition of the exactly same pattern each time. That's why PotD was fun (for me) - it was at least at least randomized and when you were doing it alone, especially when aiming for the 2 achievements requiring you to go from floor 1 to 101 without dying, dying was actually scary. Large scale pvp feels like barely anyone cares, since you get your rewards either way.
New dungeons looks nice and going through them the first 1-3 times is enjoyable, but after that it's just a straight line with adds which are not going to kill you and bosses which will usually only kill you if you fall asleep.
The rewards are usually not that great either and depending on a party clearing a dungeon might take a good 20-30 minutes.

Yam's

Usually the 36 free hours they regularly offer to old subscribers are enough to check the content you've been missing. At least that's what I've been doing since Heavensward. Unless you're into savage raiding, there's simply no reason to stay in this game once you've done the MSQ and seen the dungeons/raids. Everytime I wish I had a reason to stay, but until they add new type of contents, specially end game ones as I don't enjoy leveling alts, I don't see this happening.

The rest of my free company does the same except for one couple who enjoys gathering/crafting.

PvP is usually good repeatable content... in other games.

I've been doing a lot of PvP in Guild Wars 2.

PvP in FFXIV is pretty meh, I think the only times I've done it are when I need to level a job from 60-61 so I can get into the new dungeons.

I don't know if the new PvP mode they are adding will do anything to alleviate that.

There's also Eureka but that's not coming out for a long while.

Astral

I just beat Rabanastre, my first 24 man Raid. It was pretty cool, I liked it. Tactics music is so fucking good. I guess all that’s left to do now is try to beat Shinryu. Emphasis on try.

Atolm

I've spent hours upon hours with pugs in Shinryu and saw a clean P2 just once, my god this is gonna suck to farm the mount.

Top Bottom