• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

Shy Fingers

Banned
Hit 69 last night, unlocked the dungeon but stopped there.

This whole expansion has been a very nice change of pace. Second trial was a little disappointing compared to the rest of the content though

Soroc

all you need to have is 2 codes named :

FFXIV: Stormblood collector edition ( or other version )

FFXIV stormblood Early access .

Assuming you are already using the Early access code to play SB right now you only need to enter the first key into mogstation to get access to Stormblood content proper .

Don't panic , you have until the 23rd until EA ends . after that you won't be able to access SB content until you input the code .

I don't have another code though. Wouldn't this be listed on the squenix account orders page?

Here is how my mogstation looks:

1Ls5kOD.jpg

Here is what my squenix account order page looks like:

So that code on that squenix page is the one used for the early access and can't be used again.

When i go to the redeem site and look at my rewards it only shows the early access for SB

Aeana

This whole expansion has been a very nice change of pace. Second trial was a little disappointing compared to the rest of the content though
Huh, I did it this morning and thought it was awesome. Dreaming of how annoying it'd be to do on extreme in PF though.

NandoGip

When you see a quest with a blue color and the + on the marker, grab it and complete it, as that's how you open up other things to do and/or certain area quirks. Basically, if you see a + do it.

Make sure you follow the MSQ quests that have the meteor icon.

Have fun.

Thank you!

Take up a gathering craft on the side for a steady flow of cash. Gather when you are waiting for dungeon queues (assuming you are a DPS). I sometimes tank and its basically instant if you play that class.

Hmm, I read elsewhere to get a battle class up to max level first?

Also I wish I chose a tank class because I like the mechanics, but Dragoon looked too dope for me to not try it out.

Pay attention to the tooltips! Some abilities/weaponskills do more damage from the back or side. Also pay attention to your threat/aggro/enmity. If you see yourself creeping up (it's the bar by your names in the party list), consider swapping targets if it's in a pack while the tank picks hate back up. If you get aggro on the enemy, try not to run away. Making the tank chase mobs is a nightmare. Otherwise, enjoy!

Thank you. Is there some sort of notification for when I successfully hit an enemy on their flank? I already have some skills that get buffed from their flank

Are you me? Same here. At 18 with my Lancer on Ultros.

cool, whats your username? I'll add you!

MogCakes

Have barely gotten to play this weekend because of irl obligations. DRG feels utterly gutted at 61. They flipping took away Phlebotomize even! So now I have only one DoT, and my oGCD damage output is near non existent outside of jumps with the removal of mercy stroke and leg sweep not being a damaging move. I miss Gier's 10s cd, the new 35s is way longer than I would have used in my 3.X rotation.

I'm left with doing a very basic CT-FT combo and Jumps with very little in the way of oGCDs to activate between weaponskills. The job has lost the combat momentum it had in 3.X - I feel severely limited at the moment.

Carlius

Banned
I don't have another code though. Wouldn't this be listed on the squenix account orders page?

Here is how my mogstation looks:

Here is what my squenix account order page looks like:

So that code on that squenix page is the one used for the early access and can't be used again.

When i go to the redeem site and look at my rewards it only shows the early access for SB

when you click on the instruction tab on the se store, copy paste the website there to activate.

http://imgur.com/a/tGxj9

takes you to that page, after you insert it you should get this new page where at the bottom it gives you the second code.

http://imgur.com/a/8MOT6

Enthus

Has there ever been a mention of an HD texture release for this game? Playing count the pixels during cutscenes can be entertaining, but some of these textures are just embarrassing.

WhatTheFox

Neo Member

Oh man Shy, I'm gonna be so far behind. I'm sure Sori hit 70 awhile ago, and Saanbi must be close too. Well at least I have the next couple days off. Might drag you all into the leveling trials with me when I get there.

Hopefully all the craziness with the queues, instancing, DF, and 90k are fixed?

Hadn't been 90K'd once during the last 3 days and now I've suddenly been hit 3 times today. This last one has sent me to a queue of 2000 people after I'd had a chance to play for all of 5 minutes after sitting through a queue for an hour.

The fun never ends.

Soroc

when you click on the instruction tab on the se store, copy paste the website there to activate.

http://imgur.com/a/tGxj9

takes you to that page, after you insert it you should get this new page where at the bottom it gives you the second code.

http://imgur.com/a/8MOT6

Thank you, but yeah I already did that. When I tried to do again, it says I've already redeemed it. Something is wrong I think, I opened a ticket with their support.

Has there ever been a mention of an HD texture release for this game? Playing count the pixels during cutscenes can be entertaining, but some of these textures are just embarrassing.
Don’t forget the game was designed to run on low enough systems for PS3, low end 32-bit PCs, and Macs with onboard graphics chips. I doubt they’ll go back and update old textures for a long time, since they’d basically have to do that for the entire game and all expansions so as to not have some art that looks out of place compared to other art (and Square is known for their art style, FFXI still has some amazing looking things though that game has REALLY low res art). If they do do it, it’ll be when they release an expansion.

Omni

I'd rather they fix the water, haha.

For an expansion that's somewhat focused on swimming and diving, you'd think they'd improve their water tech a little. Just yanno, so it doesn't look 20 years old

royox

My gosh I didn't notice the RED's weapon shines in diferent colors based on what kind of magic you are casting.

Red Magic
21V55lW.jpg

White Magic
88hP8jq.jpg

Black Magic
eHiB9eX.jpg

Sorry for big pics D:

Have barely gotten to play this weekend because of irl obligations. DRG feels utterly gutted at 61. They flipping took away Phlebotomize even! So now I have only one DoT, and my oGCD damage output is near non existent outside of jumps with the removal of mercy stroke and leg sweep not being a damaging move. I miss Gier's 10s cd, the new 35s is way longer than I would have used in my 3.X rotation.

I'm left with doing a very basic CT-FT combo and Jumps with very little in the way of oGCDs to activate between weaponskills. The job has lost the combat momentum it had in 3.X - I feel severely limited at the moment.

It could be worse- Machinist lost two of its oGCD attacks (we only have two now, one of which is on a 60s CD) in addition to our only DoT. At level 62 right now and it is a total snoozefest. I can't even imagine playing this job with level 50 content, where we will literally have zero oGCD attacks.

Bards had Pitch Perfect retroactively added to their skillset, why in the world did MCH not get similar treatment?

Edit: okay I just remembered we also have Heartbreak, but that's just a mercy stroke equivalent so in my defense we can't really use it that frequently on bosses anyway

Soroc

Trying to do the webchat support from squenix right now.

You are currently no. 279 in the queue. The estimated waiting time for your chat is 223:18 .
Please note that your position in the queue may change depending on the nature of your inquiry

LOL gonna be all day I see... :(

VandalD

So I know I'm just a little bit late to the party on this, but what made them think it was a good idea to put what felt like about 20 cutscenes in an 8-man instance where people are going to rush ahead because they absolutely outgear it and just want their.. whatever they get for doing that? I'm talking about Castrum Meridianum. I could barely keep up with the tank even while skipping cutscenes manually, since you can't set them to auto skip on first play as far as I know. Is this normal for this game? It feels shitty. Please tell me they learned from this. The best thing I can say about the experience is that at least I got it done, I assume because they reward veterans for doing the instance again, instead of hitting a brick wall in story progression.

Edit: Oh good. Another instance just like it.

So I know I'm just a little bit late to the party on this, but what made them think it was a good idea to put what felt like about 20 cutscenes in an 8-man instance where people are going to rush ahead because they absolutely outgear it and just want their.. whatever they get for doing that? I'm talking about Castrum Meridianum. I could barely keep up with the tank even while skipping cutscenes manually, since you can't set them to auto skip on first play as far as I know. Is this normal for this game? It feels shitty. Please tell me they learned from this. The best thing I can say about the experience is that at least I got it done, I assume because they reward veterans for doing the instance again, instead of hitting a brick wall in story progression.

They only made that mistake once but it was still stupid. Thankfully at an inn you can watch what you missed.

scy

As I sit here with my fox ear glamour, I question what I've become.

Wouldn't Holy Spirit hinder your ability to use flash more liberally though? Looking at the PLD's entire skill set makes me think the class is a pretty good off-tank class, but didn't gain anything tank-worthy.

While true, you also already should be hating life everytime you're forced into pushing Flash eventually. Most of what PLD ended up getting (Magic block!) was baselined into their setup rather than via skills. They largely had gaps in how they wanted to DPS and that was more-or-less fixed up here and some bonus OT utility.

They have since learned from it; my best guess is they just never really thought about people running a place for a completion reward? That the clear speed was fast enough to make it the best option.

iammeiam

It could be worse- Machinist lost two of its oGCD attacks (we only have two now, one of which is on a 60s CD) in addition to our only DoT. At level 62 right now and it is a total snoozefest. I can't even imagine playing this job with level 50 content, where we will literally have zero oGCD attacks.

Bards had Pitch Perfect retroactively added to their skillset, why in the world did MCH not get similar treatment?

And our buffs! THEY STOLE OUR BUFFS!

It seems like it should get a little more active at 64, when being between 50-95 actually matters, but yeah job skill balance is g r o s s at 60. I'm making myself level it next, but it's going to feel suspiciously like it did starting at 30 in HW.

creid

How are people already nearing level cap when the Raubahn instance has been fixed for only ~24 hours? Were there that many people who got past it before it was fixed?

Thorgal

Also a small tip to everyone :

In case you need to go afk for longer then 30 min and you don't want to get auto logged out of the server and then spend hours waiting in queue to get back in here's a solution :

Talk to one of your retainers and with the retainer menu window open go AFK.

You will not get kicked out

proof : i have currently stood like that for 1:30 hour and i am still logged in .

VandalD

They only made that mistake once but it was still stupid. Thankfully at an inn you can watch what you missed.
They have since learned from it; my best guess is they just never really thought about people running a place for a completion reward? That the clear speed was fast enough to make it the best option.
They did and that pretty much stopped completely from heavenward onwards.
That's good. Thanks for replying. Now I just need to get The Praetorium done. I was hoping this would be the last instance like this in all the rest of ARR, but from Heavensward on is okay too.

iammeiam

I'm up like 20 million from selling Stormblood dungeon minions.

People are going to have so much buyer's remorse at some point.

haaahhahahaaaaaaaaaa

How are people already nearing level cap when the Raubahn instance has been fixed for only ~24 hours? Were there that many people who got past it before it was fixed?

People could get past Raubahn from the very start (I got through at like 8 AM Friday), and a bunch of people got through at once Friday night. It's super easy to hit 70 after that point since the experience from dungeons is fantastic.

Additionally you had people PVPing or FATE grinding or something waiting for Raubahn to be fixed.

R0ckman

Story question
When big bad Zenos does his super slash on the Warrior of Light and his sword breaks, he says pathetic, is he calling you are his sword pathetic? Just seemed to be an unrealistic level of cockiness, the insane priest guy from Heavensward had enough sense to realize you weren't normal and to fear you when you faced him. If I needed to use a special move to take down a foe that broke my sword, and only managed subdue them for several minutes, getting up without needing healing support, I'd either be terrified or take the opponent more seriously.

Thorgal

That's good. Thanks for replying. Now I just need to get The Praetorium done. I was hoping this would be the last instance like this in all the rest of ARR, but from Heavensward on is okay too.

correction : they stopped doing that right after those 2 dungeons so even in between AAR and HW you won't encounter that anymore .

Luminaire

Story question
When big bad Zenos does his super slash on the Warrior of Light and his sword breaks, he says pathetic, is he calling you are his sword pathetic? Just seemed to be an unrealistic level of cockiness, the insane priest guy from Heavensward had enough sense to realize you weren't normal and to fear you when you faced him. If I needed to use a special move to take down a foe that broke my sword, and only managed subdue them for several minutes, getting up without needing healing support, I'd either be terrified or take the opponent more seriously.

I think it's more that
he's calling his helmet or armor pathetic for being broken so easily. Or maybe the sword for not having killed him and instead only chipping his armor.

So the whole reason I quit this game was the fact that I found the combat/rotations to be boring even though there were a lot of buttons to press. I heard there was a revamp this expansion, hows the combat now? I got warrior to 50, brd and smn to 30.

And our buffs! THEY STOLE OUR BUFFS!

It seems like it should get a little more active at 64, when being between 50-95 actually matters, but yeah job skill balance is g r o s s at 60. I'm making myself level it next, but it's going to feel suspiciously like it did starting at 30 in HW.

At least having access to all of the cross role actions regardless of level makes AOE more sustainable in low level dungeons. I did Tam Tara NM last night and had like 90% Spread Shot uptime. Pew pew pew.

Story question

I took it as him calling you pathetic. You manage to demonstrate to him that you're more than just a common warrior by surviving that final strike and breaking his blade but I assumed that in his eyes he feels your additional power is wasted on you given how easily he defeats you.

Blitzhex

My friend just got his full game eu key from GMG, but it's invalid. He's contacted gmg support already, but anyone else got their full key already and having an issue?

studyguy

PLD pvp:

WALK UP TO PERSON
SHIELD BASH
REQUICAST
HOLY SPAM TO VICTORY

skill tbh

Actually I'm not even sure if you need the Shield Bash, holy spirit range is stupidly huge.

Menome

Just started FFXIV for the first time this past weekend. Got to level 12 I think? Game is awesome so far.

Any tips or suggestions? I'm a lancer on Ultros btw

I'll give you the same tip I got from GAF yesterday: Make sure to do the Hall of Novices training, available for yourself from 'The Smith' in the inn at New Gridania. Seven short training exercises, which gets you some good quality gear and an EXP-boost ring.

VandalD

Not sure if I was being poked fun at for using heals in story Praetorium or if it was actually appreciated. Oh well! That's done now too.
correction : they stopped doing that right after those 2 dungeons so even in between AAR and HW you won't encounter that anymore .
Good! I'll try not to let those two dungeons bother me and push through.

HunRevan

Can I have a bit of a help? I just purchased SB on steam. Can I still get into early access? Right now when I try to get the samurai job its locked and says stormblood must be installed and registered.

Looking at how long queues are in half of EU data center, they could have added the new world and incentives a bit before, to have some real effect these days...

Can I have a bit of a help? I just purchased SB on steam. Can I still get into early access? Right now when I try to get the samurai job its locked and says stormblood must be installed and registered.
Steam users who have pre-ordered FINAL FANTASY XIV: Stormblood on Steam can find their 20-digit Early Access code by navigating to their game library and selecting “FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn.” On the right-hand side of the game page, find the “Links” section and select “CD key.” The 20-digit early access code will be listed there, starting with “RF3A.”
Users who pre-order the physical Steam Collector’s Edition will be sent their 20-digit RF3A pre-order code directly along with their order confirmation and can proceed to Step 2.

2. Log in to the Mog Station (http://sqex.to/Msp) using the Square Enix Account you wish to participate in early access with.

3. Select the "Your Account" tab on the top-left corner of the screen.

4. Select the service account you wish to register your code on. If you have multiple service accounts (represented as tabs named FINAL FANTASY XIV 1, 2, etc.), please select the service account you wish to register your code to. If you only possess one service account, proceed to Step 5.
* Please confirm the appropriate service account by verifying that the service account has the character names and Worlds that you want to send the bonus items to.
* Please be careful as your bonuses will not be received on your desired service account if you select the wrong service account.

5. After confirming your Service Account, select "Enter Pre-order Bonus Code (Early Access Code)."

6. Enter your Early Access Code, then click “Next.”

7. Confirm details, then click “Next.”
* You will be able to register your full game registration code starting on Tuesday, June 20, 2017.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/7933cb4e7b3a01b4e86dc352c2ac06cca462cfc4#aa3_2

Top Bottom