• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

k1t4j

While playing SAM, it looks great when the following abilities align:

Boss casts AOE > Hissatsu: Yaten > Enhanced Enpi > Hissatsu: Gyoten > Midare Setsugekka

Looks badass :D

How does the callback campaign work, anyone can send you an invite or you actually have to have someone in your friend list send you the invite? I want to start up FFXIV again and this seems like a pretty good way to get back in with a bunch of bonuses.

Makikou

Ah, thanks for the link! I wonder if this stacks with the stormblood welcome back campaign. They don't exactly make it clear in either page.

Players who have subscribed to FINAL FANTASY XIV prior to January 15, 2017 and have not logged into the game between Monday January 16, 2017 and Sunday, June 11, 2017.

Only requirement for the "Welcome Back to Eorzea" campaign I could find.

Players who have subscribed to FINAL FANTASY XIV prior to January 15, 2017 and have not logged into the game between Monday January 16, 2017 and Sunday, June 11, 2017.

Only requirement for the "Welcome Back to Eorzea" campaign I could find.

Yea, I saw that bit, which I'm eligible for (same with the callback's >90 days inactive requirement). Guess I'll see what happens. Thanks for the help!

Makikou

Did they fix the Susano bug yet or have they just stated what the cause is?

It was fixed atleast on EU on Sunday mid-day by a zone-wide maintenance if I understood correctly but how to avoid is not to use emote when queuing to Pool of Tribute.

It was because the game didnt understand what to do when you enter into water while emoting I guess.

Rua

Got Ninki gauge with my NIN. Man, what a stupid mechanic (the huton wheel is cute and hlepful for people with poor eyesight I guess). They really dumbed down NIN too much. The first dungeon was zzz playing. Reading some of the reactions to other class changes, idk, feels like they went way too far in simplifying instead of just making jobs more balanced & fun and removing some useless skills.

Guess gotta wait to 5.0 to get back to the 3.x fun of playing NIN again :|

NIN main here.
9jqqFez.png

Ten Chi Jin changes everything

Pundere

I haven't played since HW, but I plan on getting back in once the servers aren't constantly on fire (and I finished Zelda).

My question is: What healer or tank class would you guys recommend trying out? I mainly played Ninja, but DPS queues seem like they're gonna be even longer than usual with 2 new DPS classes out there. Seems like a good time to learn tank/healer.

R0ckman

Got Ninki gauge with my NIN. Man, what a stupid mechanic (the huton wheel is cute and hlepful for people with poor eyesight I guess). They really dumbed down NIN too much. The first dungeon was zzz playing. Reading some of the reactions to other class changes, idk, feels like they went way too far in simplifying instead of just making jobs more balanced & fun and removing some useless skills.

Guess gotta wait to 5.0 to get back to the 3.x fun of playing NIN again :|

Not about dumbing ninja down, its about people who play with the controller. I had to give up a lot of utility from lack of easy button access.

R0ckman

I'm gated by the 65 story quest now. It was a perfect time to go to work. Spoilers for 4.0!
Man that fight with Zenos in Yanxia was so amazing... I thought I could beat him but nope he goes super saiyan and destroys the warrior of light. It was really cool how that battle ended but jesus christ Yotsuyu's hair getting pulled tightly by Zenos after that was crazy... then she says she wants the heads of Yugiri and her friends on the walls of the castle. Yikes, she better obey Zenos after that....

Looks like i'm going to the Azim Steppe next!

I actually thought Zenos was the pathetic one in that battle, he had to use his signature move to end the battle, but not only did it NOT kill you, but it broke his sword and basically only knocks you down for about 5 minutes. Hell none of your allies even panic when you are downed.

IvorB

So, about these cross role skills: what a load of shite. If they didn't want to give BLM a self-heal they should have just said so rather then giving some useless crap like Drain. Break is also an incredibly poor substitute for Lethargy. Most of all I miss Raging Strikes. I realise how much fun lining up and optimising skills for buff windows was and it's gone.

Sioen

I haven't played since HW, but I plan on getting back in once the servers aren't constantly on fire (and I finished Zelda).

My question is: What healer or tank class would you guys recommend trying out? I mainly played Ninja, but DPS queues seem like they're gonna be even longer than usual with 2 new DPS classes out there. Seems like a good time to learn tank/healer.
Dark Knight is quite fun to play, pld I find to be pretty boring. Haven't played war yet.

Etroveria

Neo Member
I've always favored Heavensward's overall theme than Stormblood's but man the end of Lv64 MSQ, the cutscenes chain SO GOOD

Anyway experienced one bug so far in first optional dungeon mechanic spoiler just in case
first boss gave our bard fetter and we burned it down while he still had it and it wasn't cleansed after the fight. Return didn't solve it, but I was told logging out and in would.

DPS queues are making me want to kill myself. 40 minutes waiting on a dungeon and 20 minutes waiting for Susanoo and fucking nothing.

I'll just play AST until these SAM weebs get bored of walking around showing off their Ifrit weapon glamours, I only have a few hours to play in weekdays and I'm not wasting those watching a timer go up.

Medicated

Neo Member
I hope with the launch I don't get a 2 hour queue. Is already really bad on Ragnarok, with one hour or more...

I want to get to 60 today.

There are plenty of times during downtime between patches and such I hate being on a smaller server. But my god I can't imagine putting up with queue times like that.

AST's 60 and 63 Job quests:

Why is this more about Geomancers than us ASTs? Nice to know they are practically screaming at us they will be the newest healer though.

So erm, how does this work?

Commemorate the Launch of Stormblood with the ”Welcome Back to Eorzea" Campaign!

In commemoration of the launch of Stormblood, we're excited to welcome adventures back with the "Welcome Back to Eorzea" campaign! Pick up your adventures where you left off with special items that can be exchanged for item level 260 equipment during the campaign period!

I've got this in my "View additional items" account

Welcome Back to Eorzea Campaign (STORMBLOOD)

But when I try to log in I got:

No valid service account is available to play FINAL FANTASY XIV.

Please proceed to the FINAL FANTASY XIV: Mog Station (http://sqex.to/Msp) to confirm the status of your service account.

What am I missing?

EDIT: Nvm, apparently it's not free time. I was duped!

Razmos

So 3 of these characters in the Astrologian Job Quests look like they are wearing some unique looking gear. I definitely think
Geomancer
is happening

Baleoce

I'm looking into the possibility of creating another character on the server I'm currently on but I'm wondering about a couple of things.

1) What account bound incentives are there to do this? (shared things, qol stuff)
2) What is item / gold sharing between two characters on the same server like?
3) Entry vs Standard sub. Do characters on the same server share retainers, or are they separate?

I currently have entry sub with 2 extra retainers (4 in total).

Slathe

How is the expansion? I played at release of ARR and HW but got burnt out after a few months and a couple maxed out characters each time.

I've had fun in each iteration until the grind reset at x.1 / x.2. Are they keeping the same progression as they have done in the past? Or are there now more options on things to do at max level and a different progression?

Even if not, how would people rate the leveling and end game content available now? As good as HW?

Kent

Not about dumbing ninja down, its about people who play with the controller. I had to give up a lot of utility from lack of easy button access.

I've never found this to be the case, and prior to Stormblood, I had all jobs except DRK at 60.

A large part of it is that there are quite a few options for controller usage that are, for whatever reason, disabled by default, that make playing with a controller far, far better.

When you have access to an entire secondary palette via LT>RT and RT>LT, as well as a tertiary one by double-tapping either trigger for the Double Cross Hotbar, you have far more than enough buttons to spare, even for SMN/SCH. It doesn't even really require any substantial finger gymnastics to pull off. Most jobs' designs allow them to fit into a rather convenient common organizational structure with regards to which buttons go where, as well.

It bothers me to no end that these aren't enabled by default.

Seijuro

I just bought Stormblood PS4 (physical) and went on to enter the registration code that came in the box - and it proceeded to tell me the code is either invalid or used. The code is very simple and there was no room for error (as in: no 0 or O that I could have mistaken). What do I do now?

Double check the code. Call Sony support.

Edit: The 5th time was the charm and it accepted the code.

hank_tree

I just bought Stormblood PS4 (physical) and went on to enter the registration code that came in the box - and it proceeded to tell me the code is either invalid or used. The code is very simple and there was no room for error (as in: no 0 or O that I could have mistaken). What do I do now?

Double check the code. Call Sony support.

Thorgal

So for those who already did them, how are the extreme versions of the new primals?

No mechanics spoilers please just give me a " harder than.... /Easier then.... Comparison.

So a mate of mine noticed that the start of the Red Mages "battle stance" emote looks a bit like you're whipping somebody with the rapier.

And with that discovery, i give you actual footage of the Dev teams treatment of White mages!
giphy.gif

Oh the humanity!!

I'm looking into the possibility of creating another character on the server I'm currently on but I'm wondering about a couple of things.

1) What account bound incentives are there to do this? (shared things, qol stuff)
2) What is item / gold sharing between two characters on the same server like?
3) Entry vs Standard sub. Do characters on the same server share retainers, or are they separate?

I currently have entry sub with 2 extra retainers (4 in total).
1) Some items and incentives from the mogstation (like veteran rewards) are account-wide.
2) Nonexistant.
3) You can't have more than one character in the same server on an Entry account. As for the Standard account, they don't share retainers.

It was fixed atleast on EU on Sunday mid-day by a zone-wide maintenance if I understood correctly but how to avoid is not to use emote when queuing to Pool of Tribute.

It was because the game didnt understand what to do when you enter into water while emoting I guess.

I'm in EU so I guess that all works out, I'll give it a shot later.

Thanks.

Valonquar

Just finished storyline. Awesome stuff.
Zenos cutting his own head off was pretty metal.

If you hated getting Final Steps of Faith in trial roulette, Stormblood will make that one seem like a cakewalk....Royal Menagerie will def be a roadblock for some.

OniBaka

So a mate of mine noticed that the start of the Red Mages "battle stance" emote looks a bit like you're whipping somebody with the rapier.

And with that discovery, i give you actual footage of the Dev teams treatment of White mages!
giphy.gif

Oh the humanity!!
What's wrong with white mages? Haven't kept up to date and I main them.

Marcel

All you people who are already 70 and doing EX content better not be complaining that there's no content in the game next week.

Arkeband

Banned
All you people who are already 70 and doing EX content better not be complaining that there's no content in the game next week.

Well, if they're taking another vacation and giving us nothing for five to six months, surely their complaints will eventually be valid.

XenoRaven

I've never found this to be the case, and prior to Stormblood, I had all jobs except DRK at 60.

A large part of it is that there are quite a few options for controller usage that are, for whatever reason, disabled by default, that make playing with a controller far, far better.

When you have access to an entire secondary palette via LT>RT and RT>LT, as well as a tertiary one by double-tapping either trigger for the Double Cross Hotbar, you have far more than enough buttons to spare, even for SMN/SCH. It doesn't even really require any substantial finger gymnastics to pull off. Most jobs' designs allow them to fit into a rather convenient common organizational structure with regards to which buttons go where, as well.

It bothers me to no end that these aren't enabled by default.
I raided on DRG all the way through Final Coil on controller. Two regular hotbars and then using the RT/LT for LB, pots, and Sprint got me through it with no issues.

If people can't switch hotbars and weave stuff for DPS, they probably aren't going to do great DPS regardless. Simplifying stuff is fine. Removing the fun little nuances of the jobs that keep them interesting is less fine.

I'm interested to see what DRG is like at 70, but so far I'm not thrilled with what they've done. I've heard SAM has more of the senseless complexity I crave, but I've mained DRG since 2.0, through good times and bad. I don't want to lay down my spear after all this time.

Top Bottom