• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV - 50 min video

Ruff

Huh, I really thought that old noct was somehow Nyx for a second. It really doesn't look like Noct at all :/

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
the line readings are dead, characters like cidney have cartoonish accents, there's no positional audio, the text doesn't sound like how english speaking people speak, and the lip synching is off. but yes i suspect if you are a fan of anime stuff these problems are par for the course.
Nailed it. Acting is god awful in this game. On the bright side, we don't have to wear black during the entire game.
D4odz7D.png

5eDH4wV.png

phzIqAY.png

LOL the person you went all defense force on mentioned the introduction. That's what I watched LOL

Yea I just noticed as they cut to a sudden mini boss fight.

Not even saying that the intro isn't oddly paced or anything. It very well could be but its obvious that the entire video is a bunch of scenes that were picked and edited together.

But please continue with the "defense force" garbage

Shredderi

Why are people so hung up on the English VA? It seems fine.

There is way way much worse than this.

Because there has been a LOT better voice acting in this very series a few main entries back. I among many others no doubt hoped that it marked a new standard for Squarenix. But it has been downhill from there. Hard. It just sounds so bad in today's landscape where the standards for voice acting has gone up so much. It just stands out even more because it's such a big, high-profile production.

MUnited83

For you.
This is from the console version.

So you'd rather believe a leak that was written in an overly negative tone?

Well, according to you, the voices seem to be a "dealbreaker". That's too bad, I guess!

Mind you that:

- Even in this video the game is quite rough in quite a few areas
- Having console buttons doesn't mean it's actually the console version
- The leak isn't that recent; ideally stuff could have been fixed in the mean time
-The leak got a lot of things right
- As far as we know, they could have cherry picked the parts of the game that do run well; doesn't mean that there won't be areas with issues in the final game.

BigEmil

The more I watch gameplay of this game the less excited I am just not feeling it.. the previous 2 demo were terrible too

Vire

There's enough time to fire everyone involved with the English VA and redo the whole thing right?

wmlk

Going to post some thoughts on it sometime today. I was pleasantly surprised, but I hope they skipped some big events on purpose.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
It could have lot's of technical problems but at least the animations are insanely awesome. So damn fluid an realistic.

the foreground features two characters animations hitching on the rocks they're standing on, a character swinging a sword either through or just above another character's head with no animation awareness he's standing there, and another guy dash-teleporting in to i guess stomp on a dead enemy's head and then slowly walk backwards swinging his sword every which way, while a guy in the background slides fluidly across flat dirt with no momentum and then springs back up. I would not characterize the animation you are witnessing as "realistic".

Kagari pls.

Cidney's performance is one of the more lively performances of the bunch and one of the only people who sounds like a professional actor as opposed to someone just reading a script, but her character's accent is bad.

Cidney's VA is just terrible.

They (her plus the others) would be fine if this was a low budget B console game or a Vita game (inb4 that's the same thing), but not for a mainline AAA numbered Final Fantasy.

artsi

Mind you that:

- Even in this video the game is quite rough in quite a few areas
- Having console buttons doesn't mean it's actually the console version
- The leak isn't that recent; ideally stuff could have been fixed in the mean time
-The leak got a lot of things right
- As far as we know, they could have cherry picked the parts of the game that do run well; doesn't mean that there won't be areas with issues in the final game.

Well we have a ton of people playing it today on PS4 @ Gamescom, so I guess they can chime in and say if they're a match.

the line readings are dead, characters like cidney have cartoonish accents, there's no positional audio, the text doesn't sound like how english speaking people speak, and the lip synching is off. but yes i suspect if you are a fan of anime stuff these problems are par for the course.

Maybe "fine" was the wrong word to use. I should say, this is average and there is much worse.

Cidney is alright though I think.

Because there has been a LOT better voice acting in this very series a few main entries back. I among many others no doubt hoped that it marked a new standard for Squarenix. But it has been downhill from there. Hard. It just sounds so bad in today's landscape where the standards for voice acting has gone up so much. It just stands out even more because it's such a big, high-profile production.

Ah that is very true, Final Fantasy has had better VA in the past.

Watched a bit more and I think I'm set until November.
(ENG) voice acting is bleh
Graphics are just okay. Pretty average
Performance seems to be decent (hoping for some improvements)
Gameplay looks fun.

Gaz_RB

Man I really didn't like that opening....Noctis running forward into fire like a robot, one of the backstreet boys throwing swords or some shit at this dumb looking smug demon dude sitting on a throne unresponsively, ice skating, Old Noct's ugly outfit...

Armigr

I think the voice actors sound fine, honestly. It's the limited facial animation that makes it all feel weird and inhuman.

Ydelnae

I think it looked great. I hope they skipped certain scenes for the demostration, otherwise, I don't like how the story goes when Cor shows up.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
It's not. Seems pretty standard.

You're kidding, right? This voice acting is not standard. If your barometer for good voice acting is rushed anime dubs, maybe. Not only is everyone rushing through their lines, but there is no life in their delivery.

Going to post some thoughts on it sometime today. I was pleasantly surprised, but I hope they skipped some big events on purpose.
Your a fan of the game I can't take your thoughts seriously sorry.(at least that's what I learned from that ubisoft watch dogs 2 thread

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
Iron Giant encounter was cool. I like open worlds that feel riddled with danger, like that asshole T-Rex in the first open zone in XII.

Also ya'll need to calm down on your firm best game ever or worst game ever stances. Everything about this looks ambitious, occasionally beautiful but with flaws, some of them serious.

DieH@rd

Banned
I jumped through the video, and I saw lots of nice things.

But the IQ and world detail is not great. Many zones look like they were created from such low-poly low-texture assets.

Top Bottom