• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV - 50 min video

Ishida

Banned
Not sure how a cherry picked fully edited video coming from the publisher would prove or disprove that? Wouldn't surprise me if they used the PC version to make the video either, so, eh.

This is from the console version.

So you'd rather believe a leak that was written in an overly negative tone?

That doesn't resolve much, when there are other aspects of the game that I actually like.

Well, according to you, the voices seem to be a "dealbreaker". That's too bad, I guess!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
actual liveblog of my video watching experience

japanese flat world syndrome deluxe
clipping in the rugby huddle at the end of the prologue bit
weird transition between prologue bit and chapter 1
hideous bokeh on the depth-of-field effect at the beginning of chapter 1

*skips forward*
cidney's accent is terrible and her default map model posture is awful

*skips forward*
screen tearing and framerate drops in the diner

*skips forward*
jump animation is still terrible

*skips forward*
there's a UI prompt on top of another UI prompt
these battle voice clips are as annoying as a tales game or a star ocean game

*skips forward*
more bad depth of field and this time with pop-in as the f-stop on the camera changes

*skips forward*
japanese flat world syndrome, there's not even normal mapping on these fossil textures in the ground near their tent

*skips forward*
wait, do you not actually have free control of the car? yikes

*skips forward*
bad lip syncing on this grey-haired guy on a bench

*skips forward*
clipping on their squat walk animation, also camera gets caught on a tree

*skips forward*
screen tearing and frame hitches as the camera pans when one character passes the other character a newspaper

*skips forward*
clipping on the tall guy's sword going through a rock

*skips forward*
why are there no animation cues when you walk into a wall in this tomb?

*skips forward*
hey neat, the weapons include autocrossbow and bio blaster.

*skips forward*
noctis clipped into the stairs in this battle

*skips forward*
fishing looks ok

*skips forward*
why is yuffie in this game?

*skips forward*
the lip syncing is really bad in this conversation

*skips forward*
the lip syncing is really bad in this conversation

that was... not an auspicious demonstration of the game's readiness to release.

Why are people so hung up on the English VA? It seems fine.

There is way way much worse than this.

In any case, they really were serious about the roadtrip vibe huh?

I didn't think they would lean this hard into it but, I am kinda digging it.

Cp_ZZ_rUIAAZhHx.jpg:large

Can they make this game look any worse?

farisr

Not gonna watch the whole video as I don't want to really spoil it.

Just skipped around the video.

Game looks absoluely gorgeous in some parts, and then in others it looks like the backgrounds are using textures that are ripped straight from a ps2 game. Also tlots of framerate drops/stuttering when they're driving in the town/city.

Hopefully with the delay, they're able to smooth out the framerate/stuttering at least, especially for people who are going to be playing on their regular ps4s. Can't really do much about textures at this point, it's a big world so there are undoubtedly going to be parts that don't look as good as the others.

Yup, if this is represantative of what to expect from the final game, I am calm. It's not perfect, there are drops, and I completely understand people sneering, but as I stated, on the personal level, this is acceptable to me... unfortunately, that has to do wtih the way games have been performing on PS4 in general, but that looks like most of my experiences on the console anyway, so nothing worth singleing out FF15 and Square.

mrmickfran

That's disappointing if true. The Crystarium was pretty much just a line you'd mindlessly fill until the game decided to unlock more for you.

I mean, it looks like the Sphere Grid at first glance, giving you a few paths in the beginning, but the actual paths are just long lines.

Toki767

I thought this was going to be like...literally the first hour of the game.

But with all the edits, this may be the first 2-3 hours.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Which is stupid because most of the game has a Japanese looking style. This is why the King's design looks bad IMO, because it's too different from the rest of the game while the older style was fitting. If they had the whole design being similar, it wouldn't feel out of date.

I agree. This is why I'm still not down on that change either. It's a style that clashes too much with what they've established already.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Why are people so hung up on the English VA? It seems fine.

the line readings are dead, characters like cidney have cartoonish accents, there's no positional audio, the text doesn't sound like how english speaking people speak, and the lip synching is off. but yes i suspect if you are a fan of anime stuff these problems are par for the course.

Reset

Uh is that Noctis in the beginning, if so damn he looks ugly. And what's up with the other guy's glasses, it looks so goofy haha.

Lucentto

Banned
I get a weird vibe from this game. It's like a Japanese game trying it's best to look and feel like a AAA western game, but doesn't really do anything to subvert that Japanese feeling.

Sami+

I think the dub is propably as good as it can be for dialogue translated from japanese to english. It's almost always the case in JRPGs. But yeah, sounds ass.

After NieR I have really low tolerance for this level of quality from AAA Japanese games tbh. No excuse.

Well, according to you, the voices seem to be a "dealbreaker". That's too bad, I guess!

Why are you putting quotes around a word I never actually used?

Though it is true that I may be skipping the game after all. If a game is going to be full of VO, I expect better.

Guess Who

Banned
Old Noctis's design is fine in and of itself, the problem is it doesn't look like an older version of young Noctis. It looks like a different forty year old man cosplaying an anime protag.

21XX

Banned
『Inaba Resident』;213823659 said:
Try actually watching the video lol

LOL the person you went all defense force on mentioned the introduction. That's what I watched LOL

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Old Noctis's design is fine in and of itself, the problem is it doesn't look like an older version of young Noctis. It looks like a different forty year old man cosplaying an anime protag.

Yeah pretty much lol. I'm really curious who designed it now...

Top Bottom