• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV E3 2016 Trailer

wmlk

So we now have a wait mode a la KOTOR that can be easily abused to make the game easier. Not sure that's the fix for all of the combat issues... but it's something I suppose.

It's not just to make it easier. Targeting specific body parts is huge. And with the way magic works in this game, being able to precisely target matters a lot.

SPAW

It's not just to make it easier. Targeting specific body parts is huge. And with the way magic works in this game, being able to precisely target matters a lot.

So true, I will actually be using magic with this option.

UberTag

I appreciate the ability to pause and aim spells with precision.
I just worry about this disrupting the difficulty balance.

Granted, if it's too late to address the combat issues, this is probably a smart inclusion to ensure anyone can get through the game's narrative without getting frustrated by things like hit detection and non-intuitive dodging/evasion.

HeeHo

The inclusion of wait mode actually seems like a positive thing to me. I love turn-based combat anyway but things can get really messy in action-orientated games where there is a lot going on and you've made bad decision after bad decision and it seems out of your control.

It might be my preferred way to play but I think at the least it will alleviate those frustrating situations where your rhythm is off and you keep pressing the wrong button.

.JayZii

Banned
No way i am buying a Final Fantasy where the main characters act like power rangers
PvshNxk.gif

Korigama

I must've blocked out all memory of the dubstep when I first watched this trailer, because I didn't remember the song choice at all before rewatching it. Also, Noctis sounds pretty much nothing like I would've pictured (and that's without having heard the Batman voice from the demo that people complained about).

Top Bottom