• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV E3 2016 Trailer

raven777

Ck702kdWsAEjthA.jpg:large

Magnus

Lol so much hype and buildup on the SQEX channel about this US box art...and then it's revealed to be absolutely terrible.

EDit- wow, almost all of these rough concepts look better

Bulby

What on earth is going on with this game? I cant see any kind of coherent vision in any of it. Just a complete clusterfuck

UberTag

What on earth is going on with this game? I cant see any kind of coherent vision in any of it. Just a complete clusterfuck
Coherent vision for this game seems to be show shiny things that have to do with the game but are not the game. They seem pretty consistent about this. That's been the underlying message since the FF Uncovered show.

Now it's time to watch Plumpto with Puppies.

Socivol

Yeah after this ATR I think I'm done with this game. I have been so excited for this but it's just not turning out well. I'm shocked that the marketing has been so piss poor and reading the Ars preview doesn't instill confidence in me.

MilkBeard

Yeah after this ATR I think I'm done with this game. I have been so excited for this but it's just not turning out well. I'm shocked that the marketing has been so piss poor and reading the Ars preview doesn't instill confidence in me.

The Ars preview sounds pretty good to me. The battle system sounds like what we already played.

But the magic synthesis sounds cool and the depth of the world.

-

On another note, Jeez that boxart is bad. I'm staying positive but wow, SE is really trying to make it hard. All they needed was the XV logo with Amano's artwork. Seriously, wtf is that?

Amon-Lau

On another note, Jeez that boxart is bad. I'm staying positive but wow, SE is really trying to make it hard. All they needed was the XV logo with Amano's artwork. Seriously, wtf is that?
The cover is reversible with the Amano art, it's been confirmed... :3

The Ars preview sounds pretty good to me. The battle system sounds like what we already played.

But the magic synthesis sounds cool and the depth of the world.

-

Yeah, putting electricity in the fire spells to make them chain -- I love that kind of tinkering in my magic systems!

People complaining about the US art box are missing the point. For FF purists, you have the option to reverse the cover for a more traditional effect. Personally I like the default cover and the purpose is to draw in the mainstream audience who aren't FF fan. If I was someone who knew nothing about the franchise, the game would have a substantially bigger chance to draw me in with a action oriented cover as opposed to a minimalist black/white boxart with just the FF Logo.

The hate seemed so unnecessary but watching this trailer against the original FFV13 trailer makes me confused.

Seems like the direction of the game has lost its way, but i guess they are trying to get the mainstream into this but it feels so forced.

EDM, EXPLOSIONS, DUDEBROS

LOOK AT ME

The hate seemed so unnecessary but watching this trailer against the original FFV13 trailer makes me confused.

Seems like the direction of the game has lost its way, but i guess they are trying to get the mainstream into this but it feels so forced.

EDM, EXPLOSIONS, DUDEBROS

LOOK AT ME

I haven't been nearly as excited by the trailers/videos of FFXV since Nomura left the project. All the trailers/teasers he makes are leagues beyond what Tabata and co. have pulled off. They have yet to top the FFXV reveal from 2013 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQjf8d0yptg

I can't say I'm worried that the game will be bad by any means but I can say that I hate a vast majority of the marketing for XV.

Unless dubstep is a significant part of the game's soundtrack (it won't be), I don't see the point in losing our minds over the trailer song choices and other marketing minutiae.

UberTag

This looks so much better than anything SE has put out this E3.
This is an undisputable fact. SE's North American marketing arm has failed this game. Just hearing Tabata talk about the game and actually SHOWCASING it is a measurable improvement over anything we've seen at either conference, any of the trailers or any of the "derivative crap" FFXV universe pow-wows.

Now that's not to say there aren't justifiable concerns that remain about the game itself. That Arstechnica preview touched on those. But the marketing approach has been irredeemable.

Ars spends two hours driving and battling through Final Fantasy XV - arstechnica.com

They're pretty pessimistic about the combat but generally upbeat about everything else. (Well, that... and the demo crashed multiple times.)

Um...

This add points to the leaker.

Combat looks to janky for a timing, skill based combat mechanics, this wouldn't fly on a DMC game or any of the actual good action combat based mechanics games.

Agreed. Getting that hype back. :D :D

Couple of things I'm liking:

1. I really like the more modern setting. It reminds me of FFVIII, and it's always been an element of the game I've embraced, art-wise. Seeing that tropical gazebo looked nice, and I love seeing them driving cars and there being life and traffic in this game. I think seeing looming airships above modern architecture to be SO COOL and I can't explain why.

2IFwmiZ.png

2. The more open structure is up my alley, and as much as I'm down on the combat, I'm positive I will enjoy the game more than XIII by virtue of the world alone, which really looks charming and beautiful. I want to know more about that puppy.

3. I like the monster designs. Very Nomura-ish and seeing them fit within the world is nice.

4. I'm liking the character interaction so far. Even if the dialogue seems a bit hokey, but the characters seem interesting enough that the road trip motif will be pulled off well.

5. I really like the idea of the road trip motif.

SoraNoKuni

From that gameplay video the battle system seem weird, not fluid at all, can't explain it, just not polished at all, welp.

Also the AI seems to be messing up a lot of the time, pessimistic mode on.

From that gameplay video the battle system seem weird, not fluid at all, can't explain it, just not polished at all, welp.

Also the AI seems to be messing up a lot of the time, pessimistic mode on.

Battle system just looks like a mess. I'm positive I will enjoy everything but that. This wouldn't be as big a deal for me if battle systems weren't so important to my enjoyment of an rpg.

SPAW

Every time they show the FFXV E3 2016 trailer, I immediately hit "Mute".

No thanks.

sorry to say, but it is growing on me. (Stockholm syndrome??)

it was just after that horrible ME stage presentation that I took it as highly insufficient to bring my hype level back.

UberTag

So we now have a wait mode a la KOTOR that can be easily abused to make the game easier. Not sure that's the fix for all of the combat issues... but it's something I suppose.

Top Bottom