• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV E3 2016 Trailer

It was a joke, but this is NeoGAF. When things reach their peak, they go from being cool to overrated shit.

I don't think the song matters much in the long run though. They have a few months to ditch it for something else in the release ads. I am assuming the actual game has typical Final Fantasy music.

The gameplay looked interesting. The graphics definitely look better than anything I have seen out of the JRPG genre to date.

Yeah the trailer itself looked pretty decent. There was some interesting scenes and the bits we've heard from the OST have been amazing anyway. I don't doubt the soundtrack in the game will be anything less than I'd usually expect from the series. I'm still really excited to get my hands on it I just sometimes wonder why SE go through these weird motions from time to time.

Lol, all that long wait and you guys want to go ahead and ruin it for yourself. Not saying I read the leak or it is legit but come on guys... it is obvious it is likely fake. Nobody can have access to this information unless a Se employee just deliberately fucked up somewhere. Let's give it a rest and remain excited.

Sinople

I've read the "leak" because why not, I can't get excited for this game anyway, but I don't think it's fair to judge the story by this summary. It's missing a lot of details and could be okay if handled with talent (though I don't have much confidence in Tabata).
However, the other parts of the leak make this game's development sounds like a total mess from beginning to end.

Arkeband

Banned
Yes, but they've shown gameplay from very different parts of the game and the fact that Episode Duscae ran as well as it did 1,5 years prior to release really puts such hyperbolic statements into question. A game that big of a mess would not be getting such a relatively polished feeling demo that far from release.

I mean, Tabata himself said in November or December last year that 50% of FFXV was polished to completion at that time. 2 hours playable my ass. Totally Tales From My Ass levels of BS.

"Things Tabata Says" are not guaranteed to be true, either.

Regardless, we'll see as it approaches release day, let's hope and pray for non-pre-alpha-footage of gameplay.

Maebe

It would be so simple to put out a good trailer for this game but they seem adamant about not doing that recently
What the hell was that music

Geg

Lol, all that long wait and you guys want to go ahead and ruin it for yourself. Not saying I read the leak or it is legit but come on guys... it is obvious it is likely fake. Nobody can have access to this information unless a Se employee just deliberately fucked up somewhere. Let's give it a rest and remain excited.

Yeah it seems unlikely to me that one guy knows all this stuff about XV's history and story rewrites etc unless he's like a part of the development team

Balls

Banned
It would be so simple to put out a good trailer for this game but they seem adamant about not doing that recently
What the hell was that music

How can they go from the Uncovered trailer to whatever the hell you want to call that jumbled mess.

Famassu

"Things Tabata Says" are not guaranteed to be true, either.

Regardless, we'll see as it approaches release day, let's hope and pray for non-pre-alpha-footage of gameplay.
Considering how frank Tabata & co have been in regards to FFXV - even when it has been a cause of a backlash - there's not much reason to not believe him. Of course they are rather optimistic than completely shitting on their own game, duh, but all in all they haven't really given the impression that they would lie through their teeths about the game.

Besides, Game Informer & IGN have both played & seen sizable chunks of the game (iirc including flying the car or at least seeing it being flown). Don't thing that would be possible if they only had 2 hours of playable material of the game, especially considering the flying car is a late game feature. Don't think stuff like that would be a priority or in a showable state if the base game was barely in a playable form.

Aters

New thread for the leak? It sounds plausible.

Can't believe I'm saying this but with the demo and the leak, I'm really worried for the game. I can no longer say it's my most anticipated game of the year out of fear that I'll become the most disappointing game in my life. You don't know how excited I was for this all these years, and somehow today that excitement is fading.

Not the E3 I wanted :(

You are not alone. Now my most anticipated game of the year is BF1. I find the leak plausible, though the wording certainly is hyperbolic.

wmlk

That whole Insomnia is part of the final game and is 10 years later is pure BS.

Prompto turns around and his face looks the same. You're telling me he looks the same 30 years old as he does when he was 20?

Geg

Seems most likely scenario to me is this guy knows someone with insider info on E3 and then just made everything else up.

It just seems really unlikely to me that one person has access to all this info on FFXV's development

Geg

I'm gonna quote this post from the other thread in here because it's a good breakdown of why it's probably all bs

He can't be from qa because they don't get to play the whole game.

He can't be from marketing because they have no idea of the development history of company, not in this detail.

He can't be a dev because he wouldn't have any idea of the inside politics for SE.

In conclusion, this is a bunch of horse shit so best to ignore it instead of using it to fuel the flames.

theofficefan99

What was this trailer?

Honestly, it's 3 months away from release...

either they're really trying to be very very light with the spoilers for the trailers, or there isn't much to the story.

Also, I'm guessing CG cutscenes are out? Or there's just an opening and/or ending?

Ya'll have no chill. Every freaking trailer for nearly 10 years save for the Stand By Me one uses the same 2-3 tracks. I thought the music and the editing was a really fun change of pace. Totally brought the hype.

That said... I though they said like a year ago that the VR experiment they tried wasn't working and they canned it. Now we have this PSVR exclusive demo?

At 60-120fps?

On the base PS4?

With how Duscae and Platinum perform?

With the final game/ release version of the game engine being targeted at 30fps?

It's just not adding up...

Akainu

first part where Noctis is falling

Qq2qZYK.png

I'll be sure to downgrade my delux edition pre-order when i get home.

Yeah what was the point of that?

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
I'm starting to fear this game will turn out to be a really shitty Final Fantasy... these trailers are all honestly horrible. The Uncovered was decent at least. But still, gameplay still looks terrible after years and two DEMOs. There's no really hope for a big surprise anymore right? Argh

I'm starting to fear this game will turn out to be a really shitty Final Fantasy... these trailers are all honestly horrible. The Uncovered was decent at least. But still, gameplay still looks terrible after years and two DEMOs. There's no really hope for a big surprise anymore right? Argh

Despite shitty trailers for once they haven't spoiled anything

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Despite shitty trailers for once they haven't spoiled anything

And that's exactly what I fear: is there anything else in the game to show? This must be very well the "RAGE" of "FF", with sudden ending and cut out content. Shitty feelings in almost 20 yrs of being a fan of this series.If they're even failing to get a blind fanatic like me interested they're doing something really wrong here. And it doesn't have anything to do with the dubstep song of course, it's the gameplay that looks so bland and terrible. And that's not something I expect from a main FF where at least Battle Systems have always being great.

Krammy

I loved the trailer (fine with the wub wub) until I realized the final game will not have a framerate nearly as nice as it, if the Platinum and Xbox demos are anything to go by.

No question I'd rather have orchestral, proper FF music, but the wub wub here was fine for what it was. It was cheesy but fun.

Incidentally, who's doing the bulk of the OST for this game?

And that's exactly what I fear: is there anything else in the game to show? This must be very well the "RAGE" of "FF", with sudden ending and cut out content. Shitty feelings in almost 20 yrs of being a fan of this series.If they're even failing to get a blind fanatic like me interested they're doing something really wrong here. And it doesn't have anything to do with the dubstep song of course, it's the gameplay that looks so bland and terrible. And that's not something I expect from a main FF where at least Battle Systems have always being great.

The battle systems in FF have varied a lot over the years, but if anything, I'd say they're the least "great" element in the series. The plot, world, characters, music, etc have all always been far more important, IMO.

Burbeting

Banned
Trailer was fine, combat looked better that that awful MS demo. But it is really concerning... why dont they demo that? I'm afraid they are throwing awful lot of smoke and mirrors at us at the moment. There has been awfully little shown for a game that is supposed to be out so soon.

Trailer was fine, combat looked better that that awful MS demo. But it is really concerning... why dont they demo that? I'm afraid they are throwing awful lot of smoke and mirrors at us at the moment. There has been awfully little shown for a game that is supposed to be out so soon.

Yeah, I mean they only shown two summons this whole time and I'm happy if it stays that way until release. Thing is with RPG's its hard to showcase properly without spoiling surprises. For instance, I may be wrong didn't P5 showcased the entire cast?

So maybe Noctis friends become the new Kingsglaive for the new King Noctis. This is probably really an end game stuff.

yep, seems to take place late game. I really hope we can explore Lucis or parts of Lucis. I always wanted to explore the modern kingdom since VSXIII days.

Top Bottom