• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV EGX Livestream

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hedge

This was done for the previous set of casual outfits revealed, but it's still relevant.

tumblr_oc14aknr5y1qk5drio1_1280.jpg

I hope we still haven't seen the worst of Noctis' fashion sense, there's further to go.

The foreshadowing.

The symbolism.

tumblr_odvpnq5J7x1v6aj9do2_400.gif
Is there a place to see the previously screened outfits?

Philippo

Casual Outfits:

Ignis>Gladio>>>Prompto>>>>>>>>>>>>Noctis (what were they thinking? XD)

ignis_costume-jpg.21915

prompto_outfit-jpg.21916

This should be the default clothes for Ignis.
Prompto is cool too, really FF-like.
Gladio would be cool if the jacket was black, biker style.
Noct is... ugh...

But whait we've seen him with only the white shirt from that oufit, so the clothes are indeed layered/mix and matchable?

benzy

The problem is, Final Fantasy XV has shit input delay and is nothing like Ninja Gaiden in terms of response time/animation priority. 60 fps certainly helps too.

What does that have to do with the notion that any lack of obvious drawn out enemy telegraph = automatic shit combat design?

You're given enough tools in XV's combat to avoid getting hit. You can constantly hold guard in XV and Noct will auto-dodge any attack, you can even parry in the middle of an attack animation. You can continually roll dodge and warp around instead of just staying in one place when you see enemies coming up to you.

Dark_castle

What does that have to do with the notion that any lack of obvious drawn out enemy telegraph = automatic shit combat design?

You're given enough tools in XV's combat to avoid getting hit. You can constantly hold guard in XV and Noct will auto-dodge any attack, you can even parry in the middle of an attack animation. You can continually roll dodge and warp around instead of just staying in one place when you see enemies coming up to you.

Because combining the lack of solid enemy telegraphing AND slow input time makes the combat felt imbalanced and sluggish. Now, I'm inclined to believe (or rather, hope) they have improved the input reaction time compared to the demos, but I'm not sure about the former.

benzy

Because combining the lack of solid enemy telegraphing AND slow input time makes the combat felt imbalanced and sluggish. Now, I'm inclined to believe (or rather, hope) they have improved the input reaction time compared to the demos, but I'm not sure about the former.

Control response is an entirely different issue. Even if the response was quicker and 1:1, the combat would still be crap according to the original argument that no drawn out enemy telegraphing = shit combat design.

Dark_castle

Control response is an entirely different issue. Even if the response was quicker and 1:1, the combat would still be crap according to the original argument that no drawn out enemy telegraphing = shit combat design.
Don't know about the original argument, but for me I prefer a balance between these factors. Little enemy telegraph suits fast, reactive, cancellable input, seen typically in character action games. Or more elaborate enemy telegraph combined with slower, more grounded, uncancellable input, like in Dark Souls. Right pairing matters.

Nah I'm pretty sure there were certain attacks you couldn't dodge regardless of timing.

If it would be certain attacks you couldn't dodge regardless of timing, so why include that "Hold defend" button prompt on screen, though ? Doesn't make much sense to me.

JBwB

If it would be certain attacks you couldn't dodge regardless of timing, so why include that "Hold defend" button prompt on screen, though ? Doesn't make much sense to me.

I wasn't talking about the "Hold to defend / parry" button prompts. I was referring to the specific attacks the Iron Giant does that bypass auto-dodging in the Platinum demo.

Tyaren

Gladio would be cool if the jacket was black, biker style.

It actually is black or very dark grey like a biker jacket. Just depends on the lighting.

28782091353_68b8fd241e_o.jpg

The menu lighting is just a bit off.
Speaking of the lighting. Global illumination and bounce lighting seems to be partially back. You could notice it quite well in the shops at the beginning and in the caravan (also in the caves in other videos). A month ago these were still consistently brightly lit around the clock. Now they are dimmer and there is more spacial depth.

wmlk

The game really looked fantastic in today's stream. Everything worked well together.

And there was another stream where they were playing Fisherman's Horizon driving into Galdin Quay at sunset? Oh man.

BasilZero

Loving this - customizing characters is gonna be awesome along with the way the magic works in this game.

Cant wait :)

Tyaren

It looks terrible I don't know any man who would willingly wear those pants even without the belt on the leg. The actual belt is also a huge no no.

p8HdRw.gif

This looks so good.

No Idea why he's shirtless by default.It looks absurd.

His default is actually pretty memorable if only for the fact that everyone is talking about his abs. ;)
The casual one looks cool but it's also fairly usual and forgettable.
I wonder if Gladio owns a motorcycle when he's not assisting Noctis to save the world. His wardrobe choices and overall style do indicate that.

Meliora

It looks terrible I don't know any man who would willingly wear those pants even without the belt on the leg. The actual belt is also a huge no no.

Yeah I'm with you, At least if the pants were of a darker color it might look better, but almost white pants like that? Looks so bad. But I think maybe Noctis' casuak outfit is worse still, poor guy!

I just want Noctis to get a haircut, it has nothing to do with men's fashion. You're the prince of a country, you can't look like a weaboo naruto wannabe no jutsu

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I just want Noctis to get a haircut, it has nothing to do with men's fashion. You're the prince of a country, you can't look like a weaboo naruto wannabe no jutsu

weaboo seems to be substituted for literally everything these days, similar to 'anime'. They can design his hair how they want.

I was a bit worried learning ap is shared among the 4 but looking watching these two streams have made me at ease seems it pretty easy to get a good amount of it

We still don't know how to summon and what is the magic from the royal ring. =(
Only thing left I really wanna know. Well they can keep royal magic under their hat I do wanna know how to summon tho

sappyday

How many more gaming events are there between now and Nov 29? Besides the launch trailer, it seems like we'll only get the same kind of footage (the beginning area) until then. I'm fine with that since I love the look the opening area and I rather not see more of the later areas.

The magic from the ring is it unlocks every outfit so you don't have to buy a handkerchief to get the cool jacket or spend 30 more dollars on the physical copy to get the suit

Tyaren

Does anybody know what Gladiolus' "exploring the wild" skill actually does?

CtN2iFQVIAEIDKa.jpg

We've seen Noctis fishing, Prompto taking pics, Ignis cooking food but Gladio? Is it just building the tents? That's a kinda lame skill compared to the others...
Exploring the wild sounds a bit more active. The skill pics of the character are also showing Noctis fishing, Prompto taking pictures, Ignis cooking and Gladio seems to be not building a tent but climbing:

29632487030_b018b86e38_o.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom