• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV: Episode Gladiolus |OT|

edgefusion

It's not explained why Gladiolus was in the power plant in a thermal suit? At the end of the episode he's all "right-o back to the king then", but he ends up at the power plant?

SilverArrow20XX

Walks in the Light of the Crystal
Just finished it. The Final Trial was the best fight in the game I thought. Took me a few tries. Just got 789,000 points on score attack on my first try. Just need 1,000,000 for all the trophies. I butchered my stage 2 score last time. Seems using pillars is bad for points. Gonna just focus on keeping my rage multiplier up. Seems to work best.

Ruff

It's not explained why Gladiolus was in the power plant in a thermal suit? At the end of the episode he's all "right-o back to the king then", but he ends up at the power plant?

Hey...... yeah! What gives. Also, didn't he come back with a chest scar too that doesn't get explained?

edit: I recall seeing an armored iron giant in the trailer that doesn't actually appear in the DLC too. Hm.

Early pre-release speculation was that the cave area took him through the crater and he ended up on that side.

The lack of a scar explanation just means the topless outfit is canon.

Look forward to Episode Gladiode v2 where they patch in a tiny cutscene about him being chilly and wanting to some full body clothing, one last time.

Right.

Nothing that's being discussed or from what I've seen really makes me want to jump back in this game.

Dlc looks dull so far.

SilverArrow20XX

Blargh. Got 950,000 points on my second score attack attempt. Counters are key. I didn't realize until the end of that run that they give like, 10x the points of other hits. So this time, instead of following through after my counters, I'm just gonna counter spam.

Edit: Got it on my 3rd attempt. Only had 900,000 points when the boss went down so I was worried, but my final score was 1,051,475.
Now to finally play that last Heavensward patch.

Koozek

Hey...... yeah! What gives. Also, didn't he come back with a chest scar too that doesn't get explained?

edit: I recall seeing an armored iron giant in the trailer that doesn't actually appear in the DLC too. Hm.
There is an Iron Giant in the dungeon, though.

So, I honestly can't see how Cor could have possibly failed the trial in the past.
Dude is way stronger than Gilgamesh, and he even fucked up the guy back then.

Ludens

Banned
Blargh. Got 950,000 points on my second score attack attempt. Counters are key. I didn't realize until the end of that run that they give like, 10x the points of other hits. So this time, instead of following through after my counters, I'm just gonna counter spam.

Edit: Got it on my 3rd attempt. Only had 900,000 points when the boss went down so I was worried, but my final score was 1,051,475.
Now to finally play that last Heavensward patch.

How did you do that? I can0t reach 1 milion points, the best I did was 960k.
Usually I end up on using too many potions on Enkidu, I can't find a way to kill him fast AND do a lot of points. I unleash my final plus the Triangle prompt on him, but usually he has still half health bar, so I use a pillar to kill him, but during that "round" I usually get 100k...at best. While in other rounds I do very well (ie usually I get 260k on the first round).

Ourobolus

Banned
Yes, but
dude sliced off Gilgamesh's arm like it's Star Wars, and I'll' Gilgy can't stop gushing about him.
That doesn't sound like a failure to me.

Well part of the whole fight was about
fear, arrogance, and duty, etc., so maybe Cor didn't pass that part. Sure he had brute force, so while it was impressive it might not have been enough

TheEndOfItAll

Neo Member

I assumed he arrived back before
Aranea dropped the others at the plant and started prepping to go inside to get rid of the pests in the plant.

Whompa02

For a game that sold millions and millions of copies this OT is dead.

Don't expect much from a DLC |OT| lol...

plus a lot of RPG people are probably pretty knee deep in Persona 5 right now.

Hell I loved FFXV but I don't expect much when a completely new game is right around the corner.

SilverArrow20XX

How did you do that? I can0t reach 1 milion points, the best I did was 960k.
Usually I end up on using too many potions on Enkidu, I can't find a way to kill him fast AND do a lot of points. I unleash my final plus the Triangle prompt on him, but usually he has still half health bar, so I use a pillar to kill him, but during that "round" I usually get 100k...at best. While in other rounds I do very well (ie usually I get 260k on the first round).

I didn't worry about time at all. I noticed I was only getting like 15k to 20k more points when I went fast, which was dwarfed by my parry spam points. I got 780,000 on my first try, which I did in just over 20 minutes, but the time I got it I took over 30 minutes.

I basically just parried everything. You get 3000+ points per parry at X4 for every enemy hit with the attack. I just stand in the most crowded part of the fight and time counters and avoid swinging my sword otherwise. Also used maelstrom on boss enemies when at X4 for huge points, and to take them down fast. You also get 6000 points for every time you jump on Enkidu's back for that parry.

I avoided using pillars. I used them on my first run and couldn't even get 100k on stage 2, but manage around 120k by parry spamming. Usually get around 280k on stage 1 and 460k on stage 3.

I beat the Red Giant with around 820k points I think. Then I didn't do too well on the final boss. Used lots of potions and a phoenix down, and didn't take him down fast, but still got over a million.

yayaba

I died at Gilgamesh, clicked the option to reload at the last checkpoint, and it started me off at the very beginning of the DLC?

Imagine my frustration when that happened to me. Luckily they threw in save points and the last save point isn't that far away from Gilgamesh (with skipping cutscenes).

benzy

Next episode DLC will star Kenny.

https://twitter.com/FFXVEN/status/848098130130157568

C8RBC6_XoAAtb90.jpg:large

C8Q4uhCXsAUvzbB.jpg

DJChuy

It was a mistake playing this right after NieR haha. It felt clunky at first; took me a while to adjust.

The DLC was okay. Nice little backstory but felt pretty short and playing as Gladio was nowhere near as fun as Noctis.

It took me a few tries to beat the final trial, but once you learn the trick, it's somewhat easy. Can still be a pain thanks to the camera and limited area.

Enthus

The music in this is fantastic.

I can't wait for Episode Prompto, although I kind of wish it was last since it is the one I am most excited for. I'm not too hyped for Ignis, so it's kind of ending on a whimper for me. Maybe the
Altissia invasion
will be super fun.

Hopefully square releases a "Final Mix" or whatever international version equivalent for this and integrate all of this stuff into the main story.

What a complete waste of time and was soooo short.

Adds barely anything to the XV universe and was ultra boring gameplay wise.

I think the problem here is I am playing it right after 30 hours with NIER so combat was never gonna be good.

Story is as boring, clunky and badly choreographed as the FFXV ones.

And what exactly did Gladio learn from this trial? pfffft FFXIII-2 DLC episodes gave me a better time than this

The Prompto ones trailer looks fantastic though so here's hoping that will be decent...

Error 404

Neo Member
What if they do Ignis in VR, and it gets progressively blurrier until you can't see shit?

I was thinking it would be something along the lines of his phone exploding and causing the shattered glass of his spectacles to embed in his eyes. ;)

J/K, I was so sad seeing him like that and I hope they do his character justice in the DLC. ;_;

Halabane

About 90 minutes. Agree music was good. Three button combat...eh (shield felt slow for me, also frame drops in some of the mob fights). The first part you are OP and its fun with the music. Last fight is odd in that its really like nothing else in the game and odd that one of the mechanics (the column) is not used. Kind dark souly because I was dodging a lot and hitting potions and ???? for health meters. I saw the rage meter but it never worked for me but I clicked too fast I guess when it explained it. Sadly no meaningful story addition. Really could have been nice side quest in the game as kind of like what they do with Mass Effect in flushing out the characters background. I guess there is reason for the replay to get a high score but I ain't wasting time with that with all the good games out there. Only played this because I have the season pass (like an idiot). Back to a Zelda.

Its 90 mins campaign with new music, new types of enemies, 3 totaly new bosses, 1 totaly new playable character, 1 amazing secret boss, speed run mode, and rewards carrying to the full game, for 5$.

In a world where Atlus and Namco sell costume packs for 7-10$.

You get crazy value for what you're paying here. I don't think this's even debatable.

If you don't mind my asking, where are you getting three totally new bosses from? The only unique new boss is Gilgamesh, all the rest are reskins of enemies you fight in the main game barring Cor who is already called out as a secret boss.

I was extremely disappointed in enemy variety especially since some of the souls reuse goblin animations.

Reset

Beat the main campaign, I kinda wished I took a look at the trophies before hand. Seems like I'll have to redo it get the pillars and items trophy.
It said it took me an hour and ten minutes to complete, the DLC was all right. I can't seem to get the hang of Gladio's counters yet which was kinda annoying. And I prefer Noctis' play style over him. DLC was all right for $5, it's worth it since there are new enemies and the final boss was pretty fun.

Top Bottom