• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV: Game Informer's article info roundup

I'm just imagining fighting really big monsters with multiple warp points on their bodies O_O
hyZE39I.jpg

LowParry

I was iffy on the demo but this info is really promising.

Honestly just put the demo behind you. It was a strange made tech demo that really shouldn't of been made. The combat was pretty fun but it's just with Noct. The full party is where it's at.

Wagram

GI has this to say, "FFXV isn't Witcher 3 or Dragon Age Inquisition in terms of your to-do list. That isn't necessarily bad because your quest log isn't bloated by insignificant or uninteresting tasks

If FFXV has Quests even half as decent as Witcher 3 i'll be happy. Calling them insignificant or uninteresting is WAY off the mark.

If FFXV has Quests even half as decent as Witcher 3 i'll be happy. Calling them insignificant or uninteresting is WAY off the mark.

To be fair a lot of the quests are insignificant or uninteresting. There's also a load that tie the world together, but the game is fairly littered with pointless quests that end without any resolution despite seeming as if they will continue.

It's the good quests that make Witcher 3 great but they aren't all good. Even the monster quests become tedious and boring eventually since you end up with a lot of repeated monsters and don't see many more unique ones until the end. I love the game but it's not immune to the boring quest trap, it does a better job of avoiding it than most though a lot of the time.

StereoVsn

"-Each party member has their own "special talent" that improves with use. One example given is Prompto will ask the crew to take pit stops with the car where everyone gets out, goes to a spot and he takes photographs. You can then share these photo's on social media. The more you do it the better his pictures will be. These are in the game for both character development and will have real consequences for the game. Prompto is photography, Noctis is fishing, Ignis is cooking, and Gladiolus is survival instincts;"

I really hope they are talking about some in-game social media and don't expect us to post this shit to Facebook, Tumbler, Flicker, whatever. That would be super annoying (wonder if its going to have always online requirement).

Verendus

Banned
Each game will be the size of a FFXIII game is specifically stated.
Math time, friends. Because math is life.

FFXIII = FF7R.

FFXIII + FFXIII + FFXIII = FFXV.

So not only did Tabata pry Nomura's love child from his cold and lifeless hands, he's made it bigger than FF7R will ever be. It's going to take a series of FF7 games to surpass the passion of one game.

Ifrit era. Way of the Shiva. Tabata won.

Balee dat.

FF7 is still the best of all time though.

To be fair a lot of the quests are insignificant or uninteresting. There's also a load that tie the world together, but the game is fairly littered with pointless quests that end without any resolution despite seeming as if they will continue.

It's the good quests that make Witcher 3 great but they aren't all good. Even the monster quests become tedious and boring eventually since you end up with a lot of repeated monsters and don't see many more unique ones until the end. I love the game but it's not immune to the boring quest trap, it does a better job of avoiding it than most though a lot of the time.

If awesome weapons and cool Easter eggs are tied with some side quests I'll be happy. I wonder if getting the ultima weapons requirements are going to be rediculous lol

FFXIII = FF7R.

So not only did Tabata pry Nomura's love child from his cold and lifeless hands, he's made it bigger than FF7R will ever be. It's going to take a series of FF7 games to surpass the passion of one game.

Balee dat.

Baleeeee dat!

I must have missed the boat somewhere, but how does everyone know so much about the characters/back story/main story for this game?

I've seen so many posts on GAF that display some kind of contextual knowledge that seems to me would only be gained by playing the game through, and I'm not aware of any officially released canon media outside of trailers. Did I miss out on something?

Aters

I don't think FFXV's side quests can be as well written as the ones in TW3. I mean, the game got GOTY for its side quests.
Still happy that the devs know people don't like fetch quests.

CHC

It's all good news here.

Wow, this really sounds like a return to form for the series. No shitty excuses anymore.

I must have missed the boat somewhere, but how does everyone know so much about the characters/back story/main story for this game?

I've seen so many posts on GAF that display some kind of contextual knowledge that seems to me would only be gained by playing the game through, and I'm not aware of any officially released canon media outside of trailers. Did I miss out on something?

10 years of following one single game makes you a sage.

Geg

-Tabata state that There will be a centralized foe. Not an assortment of villians as the "main enemy". Think of it like Sephiroth there will be a singular major villian;
Hell yeah let's go

Bousf

All of this sounds epic. ALL OF IT.

Magic synthesis has me all excited, but monster hunts are where it's at. I also want to emphasize the fact that Final Fantasy XV just got compared to the pre-PS2 entries.
OH GOD

As for the story, we basically know the ins and outs of the first chapter of the game and not even entirely so we're basically unspoiled and there are 6 months left for release! Only 3 major showings left and I very much doubt Tabata will unfold major story details now.

I also liked what I read on the summons, it has the potential to be pretty cool.

I wonder where they'll stop the quest count though, 200 feels hefty (if we give the story an average number of 50 quests). That's 150 sidequests already and they're growing. It's all excitement!

FFXIII = FF7R.

Balee dat.

Nomura always wins

wmlk

Now that we know Neil Young's Heart of Gold will be covered in this game, I'll be very disappointed if we don't hear Billy Joel's Piano Man.

Skilletor

Just take my money, Square Enix.

tumblr_o53bu6zTgj1s1stjao1_500.gif

Stuff like this, all the unique animations and banter that goes on between the characters is what truly makes me excited.

One of my favorite things about FFX-2 was the unique dialogue the game had. Rikku was hilarious.

A Neil Young song instrumental in a Final Fantasy game sounds like a borderline non-sequitur, but I'll take it. Sounds good that it sounds like the game won't be, or at least they are saying that, the game won't be bogged down checklist game like DA:I was kinda worried about that for awhile.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Stuff like this, all the unique animations and banter that goes on between the characters is what truly makes me excited.

One of my favorite things about FFX-2 was the unique dialogue the game had. Rikku was hilarious.

zza04j9l6f0hkolpfivf.gif

DeadRealKingfisher.gif

Ennosuke

Well, I am getting a little bit hyped. There are still a few things, where I am not sure if I like them or not, but the general feeling is getting better. I like this short summary in the OT.

Top Bottom