• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV: Game Informer's article info roundup

guys im really worried that gas pump will clip regalia in final game

i mean thats how it was in gameinformer footage

image.php

But, the footage looks bad tho.

Watched the GameInformer video and really liked what I saw. This was just the first chapter and the game already looks so much fun. Can't imagine what epic stuff we have in store in the later chapters.

edotlee

So guys. After the newest GI video. Many on this forum seem to be worried about the visuals and tech aspects of this game.

Personally I think as long as they work out the kinks on the tech side this game will be fine. What about you guys? What do you think? Or do you think 6 months isn't enough time. Mind you the footage is Pre-beta. So I wonder when GS got access to all of this.

Just seeing all the details from the GI cover feature gives me hope that Tabata and his crew are on the right path. I have faith that they'll clean up the framerate at the least. Hopefully the IQ improves, but the framerate is priority for me.

valkyre

Apart from my concerns regarding the IQ and framerate, ie the technical department, here is a couple of nitpicking "complaints" as in I would love it if they could address them but wouldnt be disappointed if they do not.

a) I hate that Noctis materializes weapons out of nowhere. I know its story related and it is , thus, legit based on the game's universe, but I just hate the fact that during battle he doesnt hold the weapon you have equipped the entire time and instead the weapon disappears if you stop attacking... it looks really weird to me, for the weapon to appear suddenly when I attack and then nothing...

b) I wish that FFXV would break the Final Fantasy tradition of characters having the exact same look and outfit from the first, till the last minute you play the game. I would love it if you can finally customize visually your character in some form.

And thats just about it. Nitpicking indeed. But wouldnt hurt if they do something about it.

Famassu

Hmm? You're the first person I've seen complaining about the weapon summoning. I think it looks cool as hell. A really fun skill to have for an action RPG protagonist.

a) I hate that Noctis materializes weapons out of nowhere. I know its story related and it is , thus, legit based on the game's universe, but I just hate the fact that during battle he doesnt hold the weapon you have equipped the entire time and instead the weapon disappears if you stop attacking... it looks really weird to me, for the weapon to appear suddenly when I attack and then nothing...

If you have Noctis hold the weapon the entire time, you have to make him not look dumb when hes holding a bunch of different weapons. Imagine Noctis holding a huge sword and sprinting. Would look really stupid. And its not like there isn't a visual effect for the weapons appearing and disappearing.

valkyre

Hmm? You're the first person I've seen complaining about the weapon summoning. I think it looks cool as hell. A really fun skill to have for an action RPG protagonist.

I am fine with weapon summoning. I just hate it that if you dont press the attack button, you dont see the weapon. This makes even the design work for weapons go to waste, since i dont even have the time to properly see the weapon's design amidst the combat and slashes.

『Inaba Resident』;200380214 said:
If you have Noctis hold the weapon the entire time, you have to make him not look dumb when hes holding a bunch of different weapons. Imagine Noctis holding a huge sword and sprinting. Would look really stupid. And its not like there isn't a visual effect for the weapons appearing and disappearing.

What? I disagree. The weapons arent THAT huge and we have seen larger weapons in final fantasy. Granted I have not seen all available swords/weapons so far, but even if that was the case I would prefer them toning down the weapon size, in order to see the character hold his weapon (the one selected) during combat. If the player selects another weapon then the summoning would work as it does now but the weapon will stay in his hand (if in combat).

Diablos

Everything sounds amazing. Really excited for this game. Just improve the IQ please.

I was especially happy to read that it won't be like Inquisition where there are so many quests that it's basically nauseating.

One thing that seems kind of funny though; in regards to the story,
they actually read about Lucis in a newspaper? Don't they have smartphones?

wmlk

Everything sounds amazing. Really excited for this game. Just improve the IQ please.

I was especially happy to read that it won't be like Inquisition where there are so many quests that it's basically nauseating.

No one might have told them because they want them out of the city when it happens.

Apart from my concerns regarding the IQ and framerate, ie the technical department, here is a couple of nitpicking "complaints" as in I would love it if they could address them but wouldnt be disappointed if they do not.

b) I wish that FFXV would break the Final Fantasy tradition of characters having the exact same look and outfit from the first, till the last minute you play the game. I would love it if you can finally customize visually your character in some form.

And thats just about it. Nitpicking indeed. But wouldnt hurt if they do something about it.

Man, I totally disagree on both points.

Summoning weapons out of thin air is hands down my favorite fantasy trope. I'm so psyched that it's a core part of this game.

And the costume thing, while I agree that characters wearing the same outfit for days, weeks, or longer (in game time) is silly, I don't think I'd ever be interested in compromising character designs with piecemeal clothing options. I would however like to see individual outfit options, whether it's based on upgrading gear, or just outfit changes that happen as the party moves from area to area.

Aters

There is no smart phone or internet in the game. They use old flip phones.

Famassu

Yeah, the whole idea of Noctis' trip to Accordo to get married to Luna seems to be a ploy by his father to get Noctis the fuck out of Insomnia because he seems to suspect Niflheim will try to do some shit during the peace talks/signings (they probably think they can ruin Niflheim's plans but I'm sure there's some Secret Weapon (tm) or Clever Plan (c) that Niflheim uses which screws up Lucis' counter-attack). Then, once the attack is going on, the king & others are probably too busy
being dead
trying to fend off the attack to contact Noctis and probably wouldn't want to contact him even if they didn't have their hands full since they don't want him anywhere near Insomnia when shit is going down.

Balls

Banned
You'd think their boys back home would text them and let them know that "hey bro, your city is getting attacked and btw, your dad may or may not be dead. ttyl"

Famassu

You'd think their boys back home would text them and let them know that "hey bro, your city is getting attacked and btw, your dad may or may not be dead. ttyl"
Well, again, the plan seems to have been to get Noctis as far away from Insomnia as possible. When you have a plan like that, you don't tell the person information that would make them come back. And you tell everyone not to tell that person. The king can just order people who might tell Noctis not to tell him.

.JayZii

Banned
So, no new update since chap 1 stuff?
They just showed off those early areas today. I doubt they'll go too far past chapter 1 when talking about the game via Game Informer. Most of the month will probably be general tech stuff and interviews with designers, Shimomura, Amano etc.

Has anyone actually seen the issue out in the wild yet, or does GI normally do these specials prior to the newsstand release (to encourage more web hits)?

valkyre

Man, I totally disagree on both points.

Summoning weapons out of thin air is hands down my favorite fantasy trope. I'm so psyched that it's a core part of this game.

And the costume thing, while I agree that characters wearing the same outfit for days, weeks, or longer (in game time) is silly, I don't think I'd ever be interested in compromising character designs with piecemeal clothing options. I would however like to see individual outfit options, whether it's based on upgrading gear, or just outfit changes that happen as the party moves from area to area.

Once more, I also like summoning of weapons. I would just love it if the currently selected weapon stayed visible while in combat. That is all.

On the second part, I get you and I agree, I wouldnt want Final Fantasy to adopt a Fallout 4 or Witcher 3 outfit system, where I can make Noctis look like a clown, but like you said I would love it if there were individual outfit options (skins basically) that I can change from time to time.

my body is ready..
I honestly didn't give this game the slightest bit of trust, but paint me a convert..
the the 6 min 30th may trailer gave me back everything in full :p
I'm ready to buy it..

who am i lying to, I buy any jrpg//rpg regardless of how bad it is so it never was about buying it or not buying it... given the trailer though, I might just give some of my wage to a scalper and get a collector as a last minute buyer :X

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Is this game still connected to Fabula Nova Crystallis? All I read is it's being distanced away from it but what of the logo? Usually the logo represents an important thing in the game but logo is Etro sleeping, and I assume Versus XIII's theme was sleep.

Ray Down

Banned
New interview with Tabata:
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...tor-says-its-make-or-break-for-franchise.aspx

Is this game still connected to Fabula Nova Crystallis? All I read is it's being distanced away from it but what of the logo? Usually the logo represents an important thing in the game but logo is Etro sleeping, and I assume Versus XIII's theme was sleep.

Seemingly not, ever since its re branding as 15 and the Tabata shift the game has moved away from the FNC series, hell pretty sure Tabata has said the woman in the logo is not Etro but the Goddess.

DeSolos

So is it confirmed that there will only be 4 playable characters?

There is one playable character.

There are 4 main party members.(only 1 is playable)

There are an undisclosed number of guests party members that will be added and removed throughout the game.

Top Bottom