• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV: Game Informer's article info roundup

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I want this game on steam :( also can someone upload high quality screenshot of the general informer coverage. Thanks

This game looks awesomeeeeeeeeeeeee
Posting digital scans is not allowed. Also it'd be awesome if we could get through a single XV thread without port begging, thanks.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
I'll never understand port begging. If you like a game that much buy it where it is. Consoles are so cheap anyway today.

I'll never understand port begging. If you like a game that much buy it where it is. Consoles are so cheap anyway today.

Not if your monthly salary is a little over 500-600$ and you already own a good PC. And why would they buy an entire machine for one game? Port begging is annoying but understandable. Spending 60$ on a game vs hundreds more for a machine and game is a no brainer.

But I digress, this is an FFXV thread. Here's a Tonberry:

latest

Oh, wait...

Well, SE and Tabata has already acknowledged the PC SKU demands and as he put it, will be explored post-console release.

The situation is unclear, but right now if we want day one, it's consoles first.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Posting digital scans is not allowed. Also it'd be awesome if we could get through a single XV thread without port begging, thanks.

So much this. Omg I wish people would shut up for the PC report.

I actually think that begging for a port for either PC or PS4.5 is good judging by the really really bad IQ we got in the latest demo and the newest "pre-beta" footage.

Boke1879

So guys. After the newest GI video. Many on this forum seem to be worried about the visuals and tech aspects of this game.

Personally I think as long as they work out the kinks on the tech side this game will be fine. What about you guys? What do you think? Or do you think 6 months isn't enough time. Mind you the footage is Pre-beta. So I wonder when GS got access to all of this.

thanks looks amazing have no clue how I missed this one.

They sorta released this after the response to the 'dawn' trailer.

So guys. After the newest GI video. Many on this forum seem to be worried about the visuals and tech aspects of this game.

Personally I think as long as they work out the kinks on the tech side this game will be fine. What about you guys? What do you think? Or do you think 6 months isn't enough time. Mind you the footage is Pre-beta. So I wonder when GS got access to all of this.

I am worried, because they need to iron out the frame rate and the visuals and that's going to be hard for a game this big, even with their teamsize. But who know how the Beta runs and looks. So we'll see.

muteki

I guess I'm just confused about the timeline. Interviews dating back to last October state the game achieved "pre-beta" state, in their own words. So I'm wondering why here we are 6 months or so later and the latest footage is still marked "pre-beta".

Are they still classifying today's game as "pre-beta"? Or how old is the code the footage is from?

benzy

I guess I'm just confused about the timeline. Interviews dating back to last October state the game achieved "pre-beta" state, in their own words. So I'm wondering why here we are 6 months or so later and the latest footage is still marked "pre-beta".

Are they still classifying today's game as "pre-beta"?

Gameinformer played and captured pre-beta footage. They showed a more polished build at Uncovered.

Lingitiz

The latest demo does not make me optimistic about the frame-rate, especially when the game ramps up the scale in bigger areas and setpieces.

Overall I think it just looks pretty inconsistent. Incredible animation, lighting, environment designs, but then in another scene it looks super jaggy and flat. I hope they manage to clean everything up in the next few months.

ackl

Why does everyone keep saying 6 months? I actually think they have less time than that....maybe 5 months at most. They need time to mass produce the game and ship it to everywhere. I expect that process alone would take at least one month.

However, even with 5 months I still think they have enough time to improve on the graphical performance.

muteki

Gameinformer played and captured pre-beta footage. They showed a more polished build at Uncovered.

I guess the GI stuff being older makes sense, they have probably had it in hand for a while.

I don't really know what to think of the Uncovered footage, as I don't know what hardware it was running on.

Boke1879

The latest demo does not make me optimistic about the frame-rate, especially when the game ramps up the scale in bigger areas and setpieces.

Overall I think it just looks pretty inconsistent. Incredible animation, lighting, environment designs, but then in another scene it looks super jaggy and flat. I hope they manage to clean everything up in the next few months.

Honestly. I had no issues with the framerate in the demo. Maybe I just don't notice those things, and if I can enjoy FO4 and Witcher 3 on PS4 then I'm not too fussed. A lot of the issues we're seeing here in the GI vid just weren't present in videos at Uncovered. Again I wonder when GI did all of this.

Lingitiz

Honestly. I had no issues with the framerate in the demo. Maybe I just don't notice those things, and if I can enjoy FO4 and Witcher 3 on PS4 then I'm not too fussed. A lot of the issues we're seeing here in the GI vid just weren't present in videos at Uncovered. Again I wonder when GI did all of this.

The framerate wasn't great but yeah how much it can hamper an experience is different from person to person. Honestly it wasn't unbearable and I can usually deal with bad framerate, I'm just thinking logically about the whole game and hoping this isn't a sign of worse things to come in the full game which is much larger in scope than the demo.

Boke1879

Why does everyone keep saying 6 months? I actually think they have less time than that....maybe 5 months at most. They need time to mass produce the game and ship it to everywhere. I expect that process alone would take at least one month.

However, even with 5 months I still think they have enough time to improve on the graphical performance.

Even if the game goes gold. Most devs are still working on improvements right up until release. (day 1 patches etc). UC4 went gold but I can bet ND are still working on polishing it.

I guess the GI stuff being older makes sense, they have probably had it in hand for a while.

I don't really know what to think of the Uncovered footage, as I don't know what hardware it was running on.

I think both were running on PC development tools

What's wrong with not wanting a watered down version?
That's not the point. If you're a gamer you should get the system that has the most of what you want and shut the fuck up till u can afford another system for something else that u want. Or else there's an endless cycle of comments like yours, nagging on a console specific game

Koozek

Math time, friends. Because math is life.

FFXIII = FF7R.

FFXIII + FFXIII + FFXIII = FFXV.

So not only did Tabata pry Nomura's love child from his cold and lifeless hands, he's made it bigger than FF7R will ever be. It's going to take a series of FF7 games to surpass the passion of one game.

Ifrit era. Way of the Shiva. Tabata won.

Balee dat.

FF7 is still the best of all time though.

Long time no see! Just yesterday I was quoting your post from last year about FFXV being the bigger and better game than FFVIIR :D

Originally posted by Verendus:

Everyone sleeping on FFXV.

Boy are you all going to feel foolish when you realise that not only is it a bigger game than the FF7 Remake, it's a better game.

Biggest, and best selling Finale Fantasy ever. Tabata era. Bahamut represent. Balee dat.​

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Episode Duscae got me a tad worried that they would have your typical modern day western open world quests - go to the waypoint, kill 10 boars, etc. but this article relieves me of that worry a bit... though hearing about crafting and weapons synthesis. Hopefully it's not too imposing and not requiring of grinding for really rare drops.

benzy

At this stage in development, and with no PC concurrent release, it doesn't make sense for them to build the game on a PC environment that's drastically better than what the consoles are capable of. The Uncovered trailer shows the same aliasing issues as the demo.

DJIzana

This latest GI vid is a good start for what I wanted to see with exploration. I've basically seen almost everything that I've wanted to see for this game. All I need to see more is if there are any hidden areas or what places you can access via flying Regalia. I wouldn't want huge spoilers or anything but just seeing it briefly would be the icing on the cake for me. :D

Zetta

All I need to know about this game now is if it has a Bestiary. I need one for monsters and one for the fishes. These two will be what I will be doing most of the time if they have books with 2D/3D models for the Monsters/Fishes. Also hearing that there are hunts is so freaking great, already have my vacation set for the week after it release so I'm going to be playing this with tears of joy.

benzy

All I need to know about this game now is if it has a Bestiary. I need one for monsters and one for the fishes. These two will be what I will be doing most of the time if they have books with 2D/3D models for the Monsters/Fishes. Also hearing that there are hunts is so freaking great, already have my vacation set for the week after it release so I'm going to be playing this with tears of joy.

A 3D gallery for all monsters is in at least. I imagine it would have descriptions like a Bestiary.

Q - Will FFXV have a enemy/character/weapon gallery feature?

A - "There will be a feature which will allow you to view enemies, characters, weapons and food in 3D models and your progress through the game will determine which models you will be able to see. However, I'm afraid we have no plans to implement this function for in game items."

https://forum.finalfantasyxv.com/di...enemy-character-weapon-gallery-feature#latest

valkyre

Only thing i want is for the IQ and framerate to be good... Somehow i am very much worried for these two things... and since i am very sensitive to framerate issues this can really eff this game up for me...

Famassu

Because nowadays it's more of a norm than exception that devs keep working on a game even after it has gone gold and Day 1 patches that still fix stuff that they couldn't fix before starting to produce physical copies are extremely common. If they want to release the game in late September, they'll have to start producing copies sometime in August at latest, which still leaves them some time to work on polishing the game up, which can then be delivered via a day 1 patch.

The flying car is the airship. Tabata said that once we saw the airship we'd realize it was the perfect implementation of an airship in FFXV, so yeah it's the car.
I guess it's easy to misinterpret my question... So I'll rephrase the question - Is there anything new about the batmobile? Limitations? Does it have any form of boost like in FF7? Etc. Any news about it at all?

I just barely realized the rumors were true, FFXV's world IS called "Eos".

Though has it been stated that Cid IS indeed Regis's former companion(given how old he looks)? We know there's a a missing generation between Cid and Cindy, and given Cindy's surname is different than Cid's, maybe it's Cid's daughter.

Zetta

A 3D gallery for all monsters is in at least. I imagine it would have descriptions like a Bestiary.

A - "There will be a feature which will allow you to view enemies, characters, weapons and food in 3D models and your progress through the game will determine which models you will be able to see. However, I'm afraid we have no plans to implement this function for in game items."

https://forum.finalfantasyxv.com/di...enemy-character-weapon-gallery-feature#latest

Thank you for this info, I missed when this was brought up. My hype for this game just keeps rising lol.

.JayZii

Banned

FFXV has a Pokedex and I approve.

Falk

that puzzling face
guys im really worried that gas pump will clip regalia in final game

i mean thats how it was in gameinformer footage

Top Bottom