• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV |OT2| For Jared!

Pachimari

How do I most easily farm exp? Isn't there supposed to be some monster to the North of Cindy's mechanic that I can use my rare coins on?

I'd like to get the 4 fishing items from the carnival. Anyone have any tips on how I can get my skill and equipment good enough in a short amount of time to be able to catch them?

I'm still barely 3 hours into the main game.

I just want to catch these things before updating the game.

SOLDIER

Is this a thread where people can talk about FFXV without reading constant posts of people screaming, whining, and nitpicking every single thing about it?

The constant complaining about every single update and interview related to the game rarely feels like constructive criticism and more like petty trolling by people who think they have to "stick it" to the game and SE because it's, like, popular or something.

I thought the latest patch was a substantial improvement to performance but people seem to really hate the shit out of it. I can understand the appeal of a locked 30 fps, but I've found a 40+ framerate to be way smoother and easier to follow combat.

Is this a thread where people can talk about FFXV without reading constant posts of people screaming, whining, and nitpicking every single thing about it?

The constant complaining about every single update and interview related to the game rarely feels like constructive criticism and more like petty trolling by people who think they have to "stick it" to the game and SE because it's, like, popular or something.

I thought the latest patch was a substantial improvement to performance but people seem to really hate the shit out of it. I can understand the appeal of a locked 30 fps, but I've found a 40+ framerate to be way smoother and easier to follow combat.

Yes hunni it is. Welcome to the thread for the GOTG thus far.

DO NOT update to 1.05 if you want to keep doing the Moogle festival. I got all my items last night because I forgot about it but I was lucky. The dream egg might be important but who knows what it even does. Also, if you missed Magnetron in chap 13 you can buy it here which is so much better than farming that stupid mech.

Everytime I select Timed Quests in the main menu, it says "A network error occurred." Anyone else? I restarted, same thing.

No problem here in Holland.

Something strange is going on regarding the experience points with this quest. What I posted in another thread:

Well about the Timed Quest experience points... it says you will get 10.000 points but I have now done the quest several times and every time I get -in combination with the famous 100% exp lasagna- 100.000 experience points.

Maybe a bug but profit from it while you can!

mindatlarge

For those of you unaware, A King’s Tale: Final Fantasy XV will be available for free on PSN and the Xbox One Store on March 1st in EU and expected to be available for free in NA on February 28th.

DO NOT update to 1.05 if you want to keep doing the Moogle festival. I got all my items last night because I forgot about it but I was lucky. The dream egg might be important but who knows what it even does. Also, if you missed Magnetron in chap 13 you can buy it here which is so much better than farming that stupid mech.

Any tips on getting the 4 fishing items?

Chapters 7-8:

My name is Gladiolus Amicita. For generations, my family has been sworn to protect the King of Lucis. I will not leave his side and will even give my life to save his. This I am proud of, as my father was and my father's father was before hi-

Oh shit, gotta go. I'll be back later. See ya!

(Later)

Oh hi guys. I'm back now. Oh, you like these new scars on my face? Pretty cool huh? Yeah, don't ask where I went or how I got the scars, it's not important or anything.

Pachinko

I finished the game ... I wouldn't say the end redeemed all of the games issues but it was "good enough" in light of the story lines overall problems.

I want to write up a lengthy "thing" about this game that I suppose is kind of a review but I think all I will do instead is mention that I found more good about the overall experience than bad and well, it also says something that I haven't finished a mainline FF game since FFX back in 2002 yet I enjoyed this enough to actually see it through to the end.

I think I'll probably uninstall it from my PS4 now though... I didn't buy the season pass , I have little interest in replaying the forthcoming fix up for chapter 13 and I will likely just wait until the inevitable "master edition" or whatever that will probably get a PC port with a year worth of tweaks and such.

Man, I paid $20 extra for my copy of FFXV on launch from EB Games just to get A King’s Tale - and I haven't even really played it much yet lol.

:(

I'd say lesson learned but it's unusual to give something like that away for free, I was expecting it to at least cost money when it became available to everyone.

J_Viper

This was half-price on sale at Best Buy, so I bought it on a whim to be eligible for the recent Visa Checkout deal.

It's my first game in the series, and I'm having a fun time with it so far.

I haven't kept up with the planned updates, but I do hear some portions in the later chapters are being reconfigured. Should I wait till those fixes hit to continue my playthrough?

I'm abit stuck.
Trying to beat Aranea at the end of chapter 6
I'm getting destroyed my party is only level 26.
Any tips?

Hold Square and push Circle

That's about it. She always does her scripted Jump and you can always Parry and Counter it. Of course have a bunch of Potions in case she gets you down to 0 HP.

What's dumb about her Jump is that if you have Airstride traited you can fly up and chase her around but the game doesn't actually let you hit her or have a duel with her in midair. The whole thing is scripted that way, which sucks because I wanted to fight her 1 mile above the ground.

SOLDIER

Is anyone else missing the exclusive car decal from the carnival event? I'm certain I had purchased it and saved, but it doesn't show up anywhere in my inventory.

Minamu

How do I best farm exp? Is it at that one monster North of Cindy's place? Where I use the rare coins to multiply my xp?
Yeah do that with moogle charms and xp coins and then use the 3x hotel. Try to throw as many magic grenades in each battle to maximize your time. Equip low level weapons on everyone so they don't accidentally kill the monster on their own. When it's dead, you need to run back to Hammerhead, or it won't respawn. You might need to save and reload the save at Hammerhead too.

MrHoot

Hooly shit, for post game content stuff beyond

Just did the secret dungeon. BIG MISTAKE TO DO IT LATE AT NIGHT, thinking i could finish this in like 40-minutes or an hour at most. THAT THING TOOK A BIG CHUNK OUT OF MY SOUL. However finally have that fucking black hood

So I just started the game yesterday. Im now at chapter 3 and i lack money :( Is there a way to farm money? And at the moment im level 17 is this to low?

So I just started the game yesterday. Im now at chapter 3 and i lack money :( Is there a way to farm money? And at the moment im level 17 is this to low?

The suggested levels for story missions are generally pretty much right on the money (and more often than not you'll end up well above that suggested level).

I don't know about *farming* money but you'll earn plenty of one-time cash by doing hunts and by doing some sidequests that open up once you hit the first major town of the game.

Ah, 333AP for beating the cactuars. I can get so much for thi--Oh, wait, still barely anything.

Somehow I'm guessing all the "Game XP for going X" abilities are really going to amount to bugger all with the amount of XP required to get to 100, let alone 120.

Ah, 333AP for beating the cactuars. I can get so much for thi--Oh, wait, still barely anything.

Somehow I'm guessing all the "Game XP for going X" abilities are really going to amount to bugger all with the amount of XP required to get to 100, let alone 120.

The experience gain abilities are 100% a waste of AP until you've obtained every single other ability in the game. The game throws tons of experience at you and very, very little AP, so spending AP to gain more experience is just not a great idea.

I'm thinking Square's plan was always to make these timed quests your main source for AP—hence why the AP economy is mad broken, but you actually get quite a bit for doing a stupid-easy quest. I wished they'd released these earlier, so I didn't spend hours farming AP.

I'm thinking Square's plan was always to make these timed quests your main source for AP—hence why the AP economy is mad broken, but you actually get quite a bit for doing a stupid-easy quest. I wished they'd released these earlier, so I didn't spend hours farming AP.
honestly, if they just had quest completion award AP (like if a quest that currently awards 1,000 EXP gave you 10 AP instead) that alone would pretty much fix the AP economy *and* make it harder to accidentally get wildly overleveled

Fuck this ruby stone in Myrlwood,cant find it,I say it everytime but this is the last quest I do for Dino boy lol...

I just did that last night. It's kind of in the upper right hand side of that area looking at the map? You can tell where it is by a big random triangular rock there which is completely out of place in that dense jungle.

Do the rewards degrade if you repeat the timed quest? Or can I use this opportunity to farm EXP & AP?

You only get the quest reward once, but it still results in nearly 100,000 EXP from all the monsters you kill, so farming it for experience isn't a bad idea. Just don't expect to use it for substantial AP farming (though you'll rack up a small amount with warp strikes).

honestly, if they just had quest completion award AP (like if a quest that currently awards 1,000 EXP gave you 10 AP instead) that alone would pretty much fix the AP economy *and* make it harder to accidentally get wildly overleveled
I agree with you, but I also think that these timed quests were always the plan for big AP rewards. I can imagine the developers envisioned that people would finish the game, having only unlocked around 50 nodes (hence the gold trophy for unlocking 50 nodes, when there are actually way more than that available), with maybe a handful of 333 modes and one or two 999 nodes for the hardcore, and then they would use these massive rewards from the timed quests to finish out the rest over a long time. Of course, no one actually plays like that; you either grind it out like I did, or you just abandon it altogether.

Still, though, I think the tree's balance is broken. There shouldn't even be 999 nodes. Maybe there could be one or two, but they would have to be so good that the player would want to forego getting several abilities for the price of one, and the current ones really aren't. Oh, 100 more potency on magic, when most magic can't break the damage limit anyway? Yeah, that shouldn't be 999. One extra spell when spell crafting? Whoa! 999? Come on.

I agree with you, but I also think that these timed quests were always the plan for big AP rewards. I can imagine the developers envisioned that people would finish the game, having only unlocked around 50 nodes (hence the gold trophy for unlocking 50 nodes, when there are actually way more than that available), with maybe a handful of 333 modes and one or two 999 nodes for the hardcore, and then they would use these massive rewards from the timed quests to finish out the rest over a long time. Of course, no one actually plays like that; you either grind it out like I did, or you just abandon it altogether.

Still, though, I think the tree's balance is broken. There shouldn't even be 999 nodes. Maybe there could be one or two, but they would have to be so good that the player would want to forego getting several abilities for the price of one, and the current ones really aren't. Oh, 100 more potency on magic, when most magic can't break the damage limit anyway? Yeah, that shouldn't be 999. One extra spell when spell crafting? Whoa! 999? Come on.
If the game gave you way more AP, I'd be fine with 999 nodes in theory. But there also really ought to be a node that gives the break damage limit trait to all spells (and the level IV spells should really just be about how much raw power is being put into them), there ought to be a Break HP Limit node, et cetera. And yeah, Bonuspell is a seriously lame one.

There are a *ton* of accessories that really ought to have been nodes instead: Friendship Band is a big one, as are nearly all of the character-specific accessories (especially the utterly worthless Camera Strap).

If the game gave you way more AP, I'd be fine with 999 nodes in theory. But there also really ought to be a node that gives the break damage limit trait to all spells (and the level IV spells should really just be about how much raw power is being put into them), there ought to be a Break HP Limit node, et cetera. And yeah, Bonuspell is a seriously lame one.

There are a *ton* of accessories that really ought to have been nodes instead: Friendship Band is a big one, as are nearly all of the character-specific accessories (especially the utterly worthless Camera Strap).
Yeah, though I think if they were to largely increase your AP gain, they also need to balance out the node costs. The 999 ones need to be decreased, whereas some of the lower ones can be increased.

For example, if we look at the Aftertaste series, the first one costs 16, and then the next costs 99, and then the next costs 333. What? 333 is pretty ridiculous if your food bonus is not lasting 20 times longer than usual or even 3 times longer than the 99-mode one. 50, 99, 200 would be a better balance.

Top Bottom