• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV |OT2| For Jared!

MilkBeard

Finished another sealed dungeon. Was a level 65 sealed dungeon, so not as brutal, but was fun and got some cool weapons.

I didn't think this would happen, but I think I'll be continuing to play this game even after I get the platinum (only thing left is to get my fishing skill up--currently at level 4).

I think I'll be casually returning to the game every day to do some fishing and dungeons, along with a few other sidequests I haven't completed. I kind of wish there were an infinite number of dungeons, because I would just keep playing them.

11 days until episode prompto trailer....Hype

Do you think there will be another trailer, besides the one we already got? I'd hope that it is more on the gameplay side instead of story, as I want to be surprised.

11 days until episode prompto trailer....Hype

Why do you think it'll drop then?

Finished another sealed dungeon. Was a level 65 sealed dungeon, so not as brutal, but was fun and got some cool weapons.

I didn't think this would happen, but I think I'll be continuing to play this game even after I get the platinum (only thing left is to get my fishing skill up--currently at level 4).

I think I'll be casually returning to the game every day to do some fishing and dungeons, along with a few other sidequests I haven't completed. I kind of wish there were an infinite number of dungeons, because I would just keep playing them.

Very cool. I am doing a no HUD replay of the game before all the new stuff comes in the future. :D

Do you think there will be another trailer, besides the one we already got? I'd hope that it is more on the gameplay side instead of story, as I want to be surprised.

I am sure we will get, at the very least, one full trailer for Episode Prompto before it releases.

MilkBeard

If they end up adding a
World of Ruin
expansion, then I hope they make a "dark" version of many of the stronger monsters and bosses, make them super high level and throw them at various places on the map. Maybe even some "dark" dungeons where everything is boosted like crazy. You could simply even make them hunts from the Hunter HQ. I would dig that. Of course, I would like some new monster variety as well, but this would suffice.

I've been unreasonably excited for Episode Prompto for the past few days.

CvyZsuGWcAAwZRy.jpg

I hope this artwork translates into a cool set piece.

I also hope we got substantial story content explaining his ties with Niflheim and the whole deamon/MT thing. Like 30 minutes worth of cutscenes or something.

Would be great.

Koozek

How the hell am I supposed to get 1.000.000 points in the time trial in Episode Gladio??? 😩 My best was ~670.000

How the hell am I supposed to get 1.000.000 points in the time trial in Episode Gladio??? 😩 My best was ~670.000

I tried it today for the first time and got 69000~ by mashing O, pulling a few parries, and spamming the LV3 glaive art. The art especially helps since it gets you to LV5 multiplier very easily.

That's said, I don't think I can get anywhere near 1000000 with thia strategy lol.

Idk lol Sony conference was my guess. Idc either way give me that gameplay trailer

I'm ready for it.

I've been unreasonably excited for Episode Prompto for the past few days.

I hope this artwork translates into a cool set piece.

I also hope we got substantial story content explaining his ties with Niflheim and the whole deamon/MT thing. Like 30 minutes worth of cutscenes or something.

Would be great.

I have been super excited for it, too. I cannot wait to see more. :)

How the hell am I supposed to get 1.000.000 points in the time trial in Episode Gladio??? �� My best was ~670.000

I just got that trophy. It's more important to parry and guard then to run through the dungeon. Just parry with everything. Never attack. Always parry. Only attack if you feel your running out of time to get done in time. Only use your Maelstrom Glaive Art against bosses.

How the hell am I supposed to get 1.000.000 points in the time trial in Episode Gladio??? �� My best was ~670.000
Parry everything and spam level 3 Glaive Art. I was at like 800k halfway through on my first try, BUT I ran out of time and lost. So keep an eye on the clock, too.

Never use columns.

Did what you two said and what did I just get?

������

Oh...

I forgot...

There's a sizable item bonus at the end of the score attack if you don't use too many items...

That should also help.

The room after the Daemonwall gives a significant amount of points if you only parry. Additionally bosses will spawn enemies you can parry to get even more points. So draw out the fights for as long as you can and then when you think you will run out of time or the boss is almost dead then, and only then, use your Glaive Art. It's imperative you use it before they die. This is to maximize the amount of points you can get in a fight.

Edit: But that jump in points means you're doing it mostly right. Just try to do better on items and time. And from there you should get it. I always got better and better at getting more points every time I tried. :)

One more parry and you would've had 1,000,000. D:

theofficefan99

Anyone else hoping for an expansion announcement at E3? :/

After 6 months I finally played the game again for a few hours in the past week and, really, if the game just added like 10 hours of quality main story content with good production values, and they fixed the damn camera and added some other cool stuff, I would like the game.

For starters tho pls redo all of Chapter 9.

Anyone else hoping for an expansion announcement at E3? :/

After 6 months I finally played the game again for a few hours in the past week and, really, if the game just added like 10 hours of quality main story content with good production values, and they fixed the damn camera and added some other cool stuff, I would like the game.

For starters tho pls redo all of Chapter 9.

I don't think we're getting a lengthy single player expansion. Season pass is three 5$ 2 hours campaign each + a 10$ online thing. That plus the free story updates are all what we're getting, I think.

The camera is not that big of a problem if you used the auto correction option + "Far" setting, it becomes very practical like that, even though I prefer "Near" since it makes the attacks looks cooler. :p

And chapter 9 is great, and will be even greater after Episode Ignis. Fight me.

Koozek

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

my palms are sweaty, heart's pounding, phew 😂

Have 100% trophies again now, level 120 and all AP nodes unlocked 🙌 Never thought I'd spend another 50 hours after having platinum'd it last year. And I still haven't done the remaining sealed dungeons.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

my palms are sweaty, heart's pounding, phew 😂

Have 100% trophies again now, level 120 and all AP nodes unlocked 🙌 Never thought I'd spend another 50 hours after having platinum'd it last year. And I still haven't done the remaining sealed dungeons.

Knee's week, moms spaghetti.

Just completed the Costlemark Tower (which was a pain), and came out with 100k exp.
Stayed at the Leville for 3x exp and went from 53 to 64 in one go.

Koozek

Knee's week, moms spaghetti.
lol

Never forget:
Verse 1
Yo
Fans are more than ready, sales been weak, expectations are heavy
There’s vomit on the series already (Motomu’s spaghetti)
Tabbie’s nervous, but on the surface he looks calm and steady
But if the game bombs he’ll have to answer on Reddit
Hit the air button the whole crowd cheered so loud
But now It’s 9/30 and the game won’t come out
Choking on his Weissbier how, GifGaf’s joking now
Spin the calendar back to late November, blaow!
Fantasy to reality, oh! there goes gravity
Oh there goes Tabbie, he’s yoked
Still to Versus but he won’t appease Kagari, nope
There’s no party, Prince Noctis elopes
With Lunafreya, no hope for Luminous cause it’s broke,
And Roen’s stagnant he knows there’s no depth to the mobile game, and it’s
Regis redesigned again, no longer Yakuza
Better capture the market and hope it don’t pass him

Chorus
At least Shimomura did the music, one moment
You know what it might have been J. Soule?
When the game drops do not miss your chance to blow, two-hundred fifty
On the LE (Kingsglaive’s not included, though)

Verse 2

Light of my soul is escaping
Through new plot holes that are gaping
Gooch’s ring for the taking, make me king
As we move toward an open world order,
Linear games are boring, fans still conducting Lightning’s post-mortem
HD towns grow harder, sub-30 FPS a non-starter
He knows these message board bros is all on him,
Coast to coast shows he’s known as the globetrotter
But instead of ogling Cindy alongside Ofuji he’d rather
Go home and spend some goddamn time with his daughter
But hold your nose cause here goes the watera
If these bros don’t like the IQ on his product
They’ll switch to Persona, or one of those games that are waifu-wars fodder,
Boys to men so the story is told we’ve grown old since development started,
But the feedback cycle goes on, buh da bum, ba da ba da

Chorus
You know what it might have been J. Soule
When the game drops do not miss your chance to blow, two-hundred fifty

Verse 3
No more handheld games,
I’m a change JRPGs
Make ‘em open world and gritty just like Witcher 3
When you’re playing in the beginning
You’ll see that Noct has changed
He been stached up and roughed up
And we fixed his bangs
But we kept his old design, cause as best I could decipher
Fans were still attached to it (though I think the new one’s hyper),
But Nomura’s burning pain is amplified by the
Fact that he can’t finish an HD game for his
Life, and I can provide the right type of
Scope for Final Fantasy, cause man, he’d still be planning when he’s in adult diapers
And it’s no Kingslgaive, there’s no transition wipe, for
Skipping awkward time, and directing’s so hard
And it keeps getting harder
Trying to feed and water old fans, plus
Teeter-totter caught up between pulling in their sons and daughters,
Stella drama fans are dreamin on and too much
For me to wanna visit IGN or Gamespot, 1080 P or not,
It’s gotten to the point I’m like a tonberry I’ve got
To get this game to market or take Ito’s spot
In the closet, 10 million sales is my only option, fewer’s not,
Don’t know how to cut it but this next trailers got
To take fans from “preorder canceled” to “straight-up bought,”
So here I go it’s my shot
Metacritic fail me not
This may be the only opportunity that I got

Chorus
You know what it might have been J. Soule
When the game drops do not Miss your chance to blow, two-hundred fifty

Original Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Yhyp-_hX2s

Original Lyrics: https://www.google.com/search?q=lose+yourself+lyrics&ie=&oe=

Koozek

Just completed the Costlemark Tower (which was a pain), and came out with 100k exp.
Stayed at the Leville for 3x exp and went from 53 to 64 in one go.
Recently I went from level 99 to 120 with 8.5 million EXP multiplied by 3, so over 25 million (!) in total :D

I did quite a few Menace dungeons over the weekend, got the rest of the upgradable weapons, and raised my hunter rank over the weekend. Pretty productive weekend I would say. :)

Toth

I did quite a few Menace dungeons over the weekend, got the rest of the upgradable weapons, and raised my hunter rank over the weekend. Pretty productive weekend I would say. :)

I am trying to finish up Persona V before Stormblood hits (at Palace no. 5) so I hope to have some free time toward the end of next week to finish up some dungeons as well.

You know, I always liked how Aranea's fight lets you have a bit more fun with the aerial mechanics against another highly mobile enemy. I'd like to do it again at some point now after having more of the air-related skills on the ascension grid.

MilkBeard

Did you guys know you can swim out to the center of the lake in Duscae with chocobos? Just figured this out after 90 hours of playing, lol.

MilkBeard

Anyone picking up Dissidia early next year? I'm kind of excited.

I hope they get Noctis right, because the feel of warp striking in the game is great. If that is mostly what they get right with the character feel, then I would be ok.

Anyone picking up Dissidia early next year? I'm kind of excited.

I hope they get Noctis right, because the feel of warp striking in the game is great. If that is mostly what they get right with the character feel, then I would be ok.
I will be already got my team of lightning,squall and noct

SoulUnison

Banned
Did you guys know you can swim out to the center of the lake in Duscae with chocobos? Just figured this out after 90 hours of playing, lol.

You can also swim out into the giant lake behind... I think it's Steyliff Grove? At the Vesperpool.

Didn't realize this until my third playthrough.

Top Bottom