• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV |OT2| For Jared!

So I finally bit the bullet and got the game + season pass. Quick question, when should I play the Episode Gladiolus DLC? Before the main game or after?

Serious question: What if I really don't give that much of a shit as to why things are going sideways in the story, and just skip Kingsglaive + Brotherhood.

Is it really necessary to get any enjoyment from the main game's story?

neoemonk

Serious question: What if I really don't give that much of a shit as to why things are going sideways in the story, and just skip Kingsglaive + Brotherhood.

For me it provided some background to the early story, but by mid-game it didn't really matter to me.

Meh if you not all in than no not missing much. Kingsglaive is an hour long cutscenes to the beginning of the game. Brotherhood gives you more insight into the bros but you'll get a good enough idea of them as the story goes

For me it provided some background to the early story, but by mid-game it didn't really matter to me.

Meh if you not all in than no not missing much. Kingsglaive is an hour long cutscenes to the beginning of the game. Brotherhood gives you more insight into the bros but you'll get a good enough idea of them as the story goes
All right thanks again.

I just haven't been in a "movie" mood for the past week or so and the thought of sitting through a CG movie that's just supposed to enhance the story of the game didn't sound appealing to me.

So Naoshi Mizuta is the guest composer for Episode Prompto.

He worked on FFXI, XIII-2, LR, and Four Heroes of Light. I think most people will know him for his composition of the great Noel theme.

Koozek

Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/KqQFK8f.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/7vcvjjs.png[/IMG]

This is how the work-in-progress off-road driving looked like from a few months ago, for those who missed it:

Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/oPH1Gll.gif[/IMG]

Dynedom

Finally beat the main game. Level in the 60s or so.

Not sure what the hype was for the final battle. It sucked. I'm bitterly disappointed with this entire game. The ending wasn't really the payoff I was expecting but I was never invested into the story so I'm fine with it I guess.

Debating whether to bother with the Plat but if I chased down the Treasure Hunter trophy for FFXIII, this shouldn't be as much of a chore.

Not giving anymore money to this game in the form of Episode Gladiolus or Prompto.

Can't wait for XII Zodiac Age though.

Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/KqQFK8f.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/7vcvjjs.png[/IMG]

This is how the work-in-progress off-road driving looked like from a few months ago, for those who missed it:

Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/oPH1Gll.gif[/IMG]
Out late June 😱 Expected and yet I'm still terribly sad

MilkBeard

Mmm, buggy driving. This game is getting interesting, lol. Playthrough 2 is going to be quite a different beast from playthrough 1 (and I even started playing the game after some of the major updates hit).

Koozek

Mmm, buggy driving. This game is getting interesting, lol. Playthrough 2 is going to be quite a different beast from playthrough 1 (and I even started playing the game after some of the major updates hit).
Off-road driving doesn't really change that much. I was mostly fast-traveling after 20 hours or so when I covered up the whole map and streets. What would change the gameplay loop much more would be the possibility to take on several hunts at the same time. Would save so many loading screens while fast travelling from quest giver to hunt and then back to the quest giver again just to do another hunt, rinse and repeat.

30ZhKNy.gif

I literally just checked in with this thread to see how the post-game support has been trucking along and yeah, I'm on the same note here :D

Beat it around the end of Dec and haven't gone back since. Been most definitely feeling the itch now though and it looks like I'll be rewarded for having waited

Did they still have the big o'l patch coming that was supposed to fix end-game stuff or did that already hit?

My initial impressions from just 1 and a half hour of playing for the first time.

OK, already this looks like this might be the first FF game that I legitimately enjoy. I've played FFXIII, FFX and started FFVII but never got particularly far (Maybe I should remedy that soon, but I've seen so many fucking spoilers). This one already is holding my interest much more than the previous games ever did.

The combat feels simple but I can tell once I get more familiar with the system and the enemies, I can pull off some badass looking stuff. The abilities with your group are always satisfying to land and combat just generally has a fun feel to it.

The story is looking a bit dry but it'll pick up. If the sense of exploration, the hunts and that "roadtrip feel" keep up then it honestly doesn't matter to me if the story ends up shitting the bed.

I'm kinda glad I decided to boot it up now instead of waiting for the June update, this game is pretty damn fun.

Meccs

Just started and played for like 2 hours and I don't think I can continue. The frame rate and frame pacing is so bad on the normal PS4, I can not play those games anymore. I just can't... It's not enjoyable. I really hope they'll say something about the PC version at E3 later...

Catman

Banned
Hey all, I have a quick question. I bought and played this game on PS4 when it came out, and beat it relatively quick. I ended up trading it in, and have seen over times that updates were released, but I'm not sure of the details. As a PS4 pro owner (who plays on a 1080p tv), is there any reason to revisit this game from anything they've added since release? I'm debating if it's worth purchasing on sale on PSN with the season pass stuff.

Ludens

Banned
Hey all, I have a quick question. I bought and played this game on PS4 when it came out, and beat it relatively quick. I ended up trading it in, and have seen over times that updates were released, but I'm not sure of the details. As a PS4 pro owner (who plays on a 1080p tv), is there any reason to revisit this game from anything they've added since release? I'm debating if it's worth purchasing on sale on PSN with the season pass stuff.

No, if you beat it and you don't own the season pass, the game is what it was, no new contents except crappy timed missions.

That other poster is fun. Lol.

Yes. They've added many things to the game. They added a story section to Chapter 13. They've added Timed Quests. They've done a bunch of QoL changes. PS4 Pro changes to give more options regarding frame rate. So, yes, they've added a bunch of things. And if you get the one with the Season Pass, you'll get Episode Gladiolus and in two weeks Episode Prompto! So there is a lot of new things to see and look at, contrary to what the other person told you. And that's not even going into the other free updates coming down the line.

The sale that is happening for the game is a good one to so I would get on it ASAP!

Toth

So 2 hours long, optional missions to complete, a snow mobile with an extra time attack mode, and extra stuff after you beat it ala Episode Gladio. Sounds good so far!

Toth

New information on future development of FFXV coming in August at Gamescom. Looks then then we will see Episode Ignis, the multiplayer DLC, and possible expansion?

God this game is so fun. Just encountered my first dungeon and shit, it was ominous as fuck. That weird ass dude in the middle of the tracks, suddenly vanishing when the cart started coming then slicing my ass all the way down!

I'm still FAARRR from the end but I'm having trouble seeing why people are so down on this game. Even if the story isn't great, the game is a lot of fun.

God this game is so fun. Just encountered my first dungeon and shit, it was ominous as fuck. That weird ass dude in the middle of the tracks, suddenly vanishing when the cart started coming then slicing my ass all the way down!

I'm still FAARRR from the end but I'm having trouble seeing why people are so down on this game. Even if the story isn't great, the game is a lot of fun.
Another believer.
Don't get rekt in there that's all I'll say

Another believer.
Don't get rekt in there that's all I'll say
I actually already did lol.

I was level 13/14, was having no issues with any of the goblins. Then when I went down to confront him, he LITERALLY one-shotted the entire gang. Fortunately I had saved before entering. Figured I should probably level up a bit more before trying it again.

I actually already did lol.

I was level 13/14, was having no issues with any of the goblins. Then when I went down to confront him, he LITERALLY one-shotted the entire gang. Fortunately I had saved before entering. Figured I should probably level up a bit more before trying it again.
Lol yup as expected you think that's your first dungeon it's so easy to find you wreck the small enemies and bam nah you not ready lol

Lol yup as expected you think that's your first dungeon it's so easy to find you wreck the small enemies and bam nah you not ready lol
Yup, exactly what happened lol.

Is there a way to know whether my level is right for a certain dungeon? Quests generally give a recommended level so I know where I stand but I imagine dungeons don't do that.

The goblins weren't that big of a deal but the boss kinda wrecked me in one hit so I figured maybe I should level up but I don't know when to stop.

Yup, exactly what happened lol.

Is there a way to know whether my level is right for a certain dungeon? Quests generally give a recommended level so I know where I stand but I imagine dungeons don't do that.

The goblins weren't that big of a deal but the boss kinda wrecked me in one hit so I figured maybe I should level up but I don't know when to stop.
If the story doesn't take you there it's a after game dungeon unless you're really good or over leveled

Top Bottom