• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV |OT2| For Jared!

Hola, and welcome!

You could one-hit kill Adamantoise with the Ring of the Lucii's Alterna spell (hold lock-on button + warp-button while having full MP), but sometimes it takes a few tries :D Just quickly warp to one of the surrounding rocks to refill your MP in between your tries. Super easy and quick way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcTgs5Qve2I

Awesome thanks Koozek! I think I'll go finish the main story sometime this weekend. Ah I've missed posting on message boards.

Aranea Play Arts up for pre-order!

DC5AcBDUIAAfFY_.jpg

Is fishing important? Should I be doing that more?
Also, there's upgrades for wait mode. Is that the same wait mode you have to trigger in the options menu? Is it essential or can I ignore it?

Koozek

Wait, what? Flying car is post game?!
Yeah, it's one of Cidney's sidequests. But flying the car isn't really fun, anyway. You need it to get to the infamous, secret dungeon though (you should really do this one, it's crazy :D). Remember to always save before flying the car! You can easily die while trying to take off or land. In fact, that was the only time I saw the Game Over screen in the game, lol.

c0de

Yeah, it's one of Cidney's sidequests. But flying the car isn't really fun, anyway. You need it to get to the infamous, secret dungeon though (you should really do this one, it's crazy :D). Remember to always save before flying the car! You can easily die while trying to take off or land. In fact, that was the only time I saw the Game Over screen in the game, lol.

Well, until now the game is a piece of cake and I think doing side quests for a while I'm already overpowered...
Thanks for answering.

c0de

I think I ran into a bug. I can't do hunting anymore, there are no enemies to fight in the respective area. It seems the game wants me to proceed with the main story...

Koozek

I think I ran into a bug. I can't do hunting anymore, there are no enemies to fight in the respective area. It seems the game wants me to proceed with the main story...
Maybe the wrong time of day for your current hunt? And there's one hunt where the monsters only come out during rain. If it's a bug maybe try accepting another hunt again and hope it resets.

This looks fun, and like a good reason to get back into the game.
I sort of rushed the ending of the game (well, not really rushed, but when the game started to rush me through the story, I just went along with it), so there are still a load of dungeons that I've not explored yet, as I was under the impression that I'd be searching for all the King's weapon tombs through the story.

Koozek

This looks fun, and like a good reason to get back into the game.
I sort of rushed the ending of the game (well, not really rushed, but when the game started to rush me through the story, I just went along with it), so there are still a load of dungeons that I've not explored yet, as I was under the impression that I'd be searching for all the King's weapon tombs through the story.
Ohh, you gotta do the secret Pitioss dungeon :D Don't watch or read anything about it to not spoil the fun. Here's how to get to it uf you have the flying car (through a post-game sidequest from Cindy):

http://www.gosunoob.com/final-fantasy-xv/ffxv-secret-dungeon-pitioss/

Ohh, you gotta do the secret Pitioss dungeon :D Don't watch or read anything about it to not spoil the fun. Here's how to get to it uf you have the flying car (through a post-game sidequest from Cindy):

http://www.gosunoob.com/final-fantasy-xv/ffxv-secret-dungeon-pitioss/

I've heard it's long, that's all I know about it.
Getting the flying car was the last thing I did. I flew it around a bit, then uninstalled the game to make room for Horizon I think it was.

I'll have to give it a try though. The only dungeons I found that I didn't explore were the one near the ruins near the Chocobo ranch that was locked, and presumably the volcano area on the far west of the map. I also explored the mines early on, but didn't go back to it.

Vic_Viper

Ive been waiting to play this game again until all the changes have been made and all the season pass content released.

Is there a comprehensive list of all the changes and additions made so far? Did they ever add a Newgame+?

Vic_Viper

Thanks! Holy Crap at that patch size lol. Plus we have to wait till December for the next episode!? Wonder if that means the CO-OP mode wont be out till next year. Not that interested in it tbh but it seems like there are still other additions that they said that still havent been added, like the extra cutscenes and changes to the last few chapters.

Koozek

Thanks! Holy Crap at that patch size lol. Plus we have to wait till December for the next episode!? Wonder if that means the CO-OP mode wont be out till next year. Not that interested in it tbh but it seems like there are still other additions that they said that still havent been added, like the extra cutscenes and changes to the last few chapters.
Co-op could come in September or so. Might be the big news they recently said they would talk about in summer/at gamescom in August.

They said they would change Chapter 13, yeah, and they did already in March.

Vic_Viper

Co-op could come in September or so. Might be the big news they recently said they would talk about in summer/at gamescom in August.

They said they would change Chapter 13, yeah, and they did already in March.

As you can tell I havent really been following along with the updates lol.

Did they add the extra cutscenes and story they had talked about doing?

Koozek

As you can tell I havent really been following along with the updates lol.

Did they add the extra cutscenes and story they had talked about doing?
Yes, there's an extra 20min-ish section in Chapter 13 you can choose to play from the main menu or from the save room menu as Noctis during the chapter, where you can play as Gladio with the gameplay mechanics from his Episode DLC and it has a few new cutscenes with additional exposition on the villains (plus a joke about "The government in Niflheim spreading Fake News" :D). If you choose to play Gladio's section as Noctis in-game instead of from the main menu it basically skips over Noctis whole solo section in the dungeon that so many disliked when you're done with Gladio's part, lol.

I wonder how difficult it'd be to have Aranea as a permanent party member.
I'm on chapter 8, so maybe it happens later...but I seriously doubt it. That'd be too cool.

She has shown up to help me while I was running around at night. That was pretty cool.

c0de

Is it going to finally show up in the game? I was so hyped to fight it after watching Kingsglaive, ech :(

Wait, we knew there would be a monster to fight but it didn't show up yet in the game? What the hell did they even release?

Blizzje

I'm double dipping on this game when the patch releases for the Xbox One X. That means I'll have to start from scratch and I'm looking for some advice.

What are good ways to quickly level up and basically get some cool gear and skills quickly? I don't think I will do most side quests like I did on PS4 pro but I do plan on getting the DLC this time around.

Any advice on making this second run interesting? I already got all the trophies, so I'm not against putting the game on easy if that speed things up.

OK, so I'm in post game and I saw a video of someone cheesing the adamantoise fight.

I finished the mission a while back by running away from the thing. Is there a way of getting to fight it again?

Koozek

OK, so I'm in post game and I saw a video of someone cheesing the adamantoise fight.

I finished the mission a while back by running away from the thing. Is there a way of getting to fight it again?
Just ask the hunt quest giver again in the diner at the Hammerhead. I farmed 8 million EXP to get to level 120 by cheesing Adamantoise with the ring's Alterna spell :D

Can I finish the game and keep going aftwards?

Also, I got 100qp from the timed quest, which I did nothing. Any who, does it stay or will it reset when a new quest comes up? Should I spend it?
What should I even spend it on? Exp, ap, gil, oracle ascension coins?

Randomly decided to start playing this again two days ago and went from crossing the sea and having that big set piece battle then playing all the way to the ending. While the game is flawed and chapter 12 with Noctis alone lasted way too long i think this game is fantastic. I finished it at level 44 but I plan on doing a lot more post game. It's a shame Luna wasn't much of a character but the main 4 brother party is easily my favorite group of characters in any final Fantasy game ever. They all looked badass in the last chapter with age and Jesus the mid credits scene brought tears to my eyes. I'm tempted to buy the season pass but i think this big psn sale at the moment is going to drain my wallet. I will for sure get it by episode Ignis because I'm super curious as to how his tragedy happened exactly. I give it a 9/10.

DOWN

Banned
Ok so I started this game months ago and played up to the point when you are supposed to get on the ferry via bribe or something, so I guess before the big arc begins. My question is, how did y'all feel about the game now that it's been a while? It had overall great reviews at launch so I'm curious.

Also I'm slightly interested in Kingsglaive and getting a good understanding of the FFXV arc. Should I bother?

Koozek

I triggered a magic backflip for the first time, I was like what? Lol

https://youtu.be/ph2H1teZ5MQ
Yeah, had that a few times. Have you tried the thing where holding the cast button to manually aim for a few seconds makes Noctis call the the others members back to get out of the spell's AOE? I tried it once and it kinda worked, but it's really unpractical to wait so long before casting and Friendly Fire damage isn't significant anyway.

Top Bottom