• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV |OT2| For Jared!

Koozek

The trophies that recently were discovered had one for doing Cross Chain attacks, so I guess they were for this new update?

Is there some lore the the new quest ?
I don't have the game anymore. But I'm curious.
Apparently a tutorial for the new Cross Chain mechanic.

EDIT: The magitek suits:
Code:
[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DGB1DM2UQAAfORz.jpg:large[/IMG]

I'm really struggling with these Cross Chains. Every time the message comes up and I warp strike, I just end up warp striking. No Cross Chain or anything :/. Not sure if I'm doing anything wrong too.

Edit: Like just now I had a Bandersnatch knocked over vulnerable and every warp strike was just damage and no Cross Chains.

Edit 2: well finally got one done outside of the new boss. 8 more to go!

MilkBeard

The trophies that recently were discovered had one for doing Cross Chain attacks, so I guess they were for this new update?

Apparently a tutorial for the new Cross Chain mechanic.

EDIT: The magitek suits:
Code:
[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DGB1DM2UQAAfORz.jpg:large[/IMG]

Interesting. Well, not as flashy, but I guess they look more fitting with game's style now. I'll have to jump in again and try them out. They are a bit drab on first look, but when you actually look at the detail, they are pretty cool, and remind me of insect exoskeletons.

Tyaren

DGB1DM2UQAAfORz.jpg:large

Those are the replacements for the Power Rangers-like suits that they cancelled? Hm...they look pretty ugly and drab. :/ Don't know if I will be using those.

Ludens

Banned
What's the best way for lv 99 characters to do the chain achievement?
I tried on the new enemy, I started a chain but I managed to press Circle only one time.

Anyway I don't like the fact SE added some achievements like those for a simple side-quest and a "skill-based" thing.
I mean, I don't even understand if I need to do 10 chains or a chain of 10 hits, but it's something you would do naturally, soon or later, by playing the game: at this point I think pretty much everyone played it (for people who bought it, of course), so insering a new achievement like that it's just dumb.
Even the fact they reward you with a new achievement for defeating the monster is dumb, since it wasn't hard at all except for the level (99) and the tactic to beat it is always the same (I mean, it's even easier if you want, just put your magitek armor and you should be invincible for 30 minutes).

h3ro

I like the armor, looks like Glauca's armor in Kingsglaive!

Wish they had differentiated between the different characters though.

Can someone give some cliff notes?

Hard to cliff notes it really. Lotta little things in the video that adds up.

I guess you could cliff notes it by saying newcomers loved the game more than veterans and many of the newcomers are looking forward to and are more excited for the future FF.

What's the best way for lv 99 characters to do the chain achievement?
I tried on the new enemy, I started a chain but I managed to press Circle only one time.

Anyway I don't like the fact SE added some achievements like those for a simple side-quest and a "skill-based" thing.
I mean, I don't even understand if I need to do 10 chains or a chain of 10 hits, but it's something you would do naturally, soon or later, by playing the game: at this point I think pretty much everyone played it (for people who bought it, of course), so insering a new achievement like that it's just dumb.
Even the fact they reward you with a new achievement for defeating the monster is dumb, since it wasn't hard at all except for the level (99) and the tactic to beat it is always the same (I mean, it's even easier if you want, just put your magitek armor and you should be invincible for 30 minutes).

I like that there are new trophies. Working on getting them now. :)

And it incentivizes people to play the new content and check out the new quest (which is really nice and heartbreaking) and check out a new sub-system.

I like the armor, looks like Glauca's armor in Kingsglaive!

Wish they had differentiated between the different characters though.

Exactly. :D

Vic_Viper

Those new power suits are super disappointing compared to what they used to look like. Was hopeing they would go with a Super Sentai look since power rangers was off the table. Bummer since Saiban shouldnt be able to pull this kinda crap. I mean Persona 4 and even Chroma Squad uses similar designs and they didnt say a word lol.

This is my first time at the carnival. What are relevant itens I should get?

If you somehow don't have all your upgrade items, get those. Otherwise, just get your fireworks pass and get the egg that we're all still waiting to find out what it does.

Also... buy all the food, it's worth it for Noctis reaction.

So now that I'm done with Persona and there has been a ton of patches for XV I figured it's finally time to get back. I'm fairly early still (I assume) at chapter 3.

I'm just wondering if there is really any point in doing all the side quests and studf. I have spent a bunch of time doing hunts, collecting frogs, dog tags, chocobo guy quests ect. ect. I'm not having a bad time with it but I'm just wondering if by the end of the day it will all be bunch of nothing. The current main quest I have is to go see Gladios sister.

TLDR: skip side quests, do them all or somethibg in between?

Seeing at this isn't posted yet, at least in here, the multiplayer beta is available to download on US PSN, not sure about other locations/xbox.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/ffxv-multiplayer-expansion-comrades-closed-beta/cid=UP0082-CUSA08910_00-FFXVMULTICLOSEDB

So now that I'm done with Persona and there has been a ton of patches for XV I figured it's finally time to get back. I'm fairly early still (I assume) at chapter 3.

I'm just wondering if there is really any point in doing all the side quests and studf. I have spent a bunch of time doing hunts, collecting frogs, dog tags, chocobo guy quests ect. ect. I'm not having a bad time with it but I'm just wondering if by the end of the day it will all be bunch of nothing. The current main quest I have is to go see Gladios sister.

TLDR: skip side quests, do them all or somethibg in between?
You don't really have to do the side quests, but I did all of them.

Twookie

super lame that you need ps+ to download the multiplayer beta :/

oh well, will have to hear if the reception is good enough for a ps+ resub (have been kind of wanting to resub for some time anyway, but eeeeeeeeeh)
nerd.gif

Ludens

Banned
Did anyone try the beta?
Am I the only one seeing the font for "Comrades" on being too similar to the one used for MG Survive?
Is this a sign?

Vic_Viper

started a newgame+ and Aranea is still on my squad. shes getting hit by cars while were pushing the Regalia lol.

When can I go to the Carnaval?

The download is live but the test hasn't started yet. It will start several hours from now.

Where do I find the download?

Edit: found it! Do we know what time it goes live?

Also what is the Stamina trick? Been so long since ive played, ive completely forgot almost everything.

Koozek

When can I go to the Carnaval?
Just select it from the main menu under "Special Content" or whatever it's called. It's separate from the main game.
Also what is the Stamina trick? Been so long since ive played, ive completely forgot almost everything.
Press the Sprint button again as soon as Noctis starts raising up his upper body when the stamina bar is about to deplenish, then the bar will refill instantly.

Is the online beta a separate game or just regular update ?

Can you download it now ?

I could be wrong but the beta itself is seperated out from the main game while the full version will be with the game.

You can download the beta right now. It will start in a few hours.

Slaythe

Ah I see, well I can't get it.

Only with PSplus apparently.

Which isn't on the account where I bought the game and there's no way I pay for psplus twice.

Slaythe

Holy shit.

So somehow I searched for trial codes of PSN, and it lead me to an official page that let me subscribe for free even though it would not let me do that on the ps4 itself.

And turns out it gave me 14 days of psn for free, so I can download the beta now. o/

c0de

28 hours in, I just arrived at Tenebrae.
I have to say that every time this game tries to transport emotions, it fails. Completely. Almost every action or reaction in this game doesn't feel authentic at all.
The whole conversation between Noct and Gladio after Leviathan fight was so overdone and almost came out of nowhere. And it seems to have ended as fast as it started.
I wonder how it will go on and I will finish this game but I'm not invested in the story or the characters at all. The only thing that keeps me playing is the fun combat (but Leviathan fight was awful).

If you somehow don't have all your upgrade items, get those. Otherwise, just get your fireworks pass and get the egg that we're all still waiting to find out what it does.

Also... buy all the food, it's worth it for Noctis reaction.

Sorry for taking so long to thank you. I just saw this today. I'll get the food and the egg then. Thank you!

28 hours in, I just arrived at Tenebrae.
I have to say that every time this game tries to transport emotions, it fails. Completely. Almost every action or reaction in this game doesn't feel authentic at all.
The whole conversation between Noct and Gladio after Leviathan fight was so overdone and almost came out of nowhere. And it seems to have ended as fast as it started.
I wonder how it will go on and I will finish this game but I'm not invested in the story or the characters at all. The only thing that keeps me playing is the fun combat (but Leviathan fight was awful).

I mean yeah, the fight was flashy and combat was pretty bad and disorienting but dat music tho right?

And to your point about Gladio:
Ignis is blind now but Noct isn't really acknowledging the events that went down. Gladio wants Noct to portray more *King* like qualities even though Luna just died. So from Gladio's POV it's like Noct is glossing over the fact that one of his best friends Ignis is blind from protecting him & the city.

I pretty much glossed over Luna's death and was like whatever since her role in the story felt so minimal.

Lnkn52

So with the magitek suits, I can complete all the hard stuff in the game easily now?

Looking to go full casual and complete the rest of the quest for platinum.

Vic_Viper

Is there anything to do in Comrades while waiting for players to join you? Seems like all ive done is wait lol.

Finally found my first match and had no idea what was happening until I sat down at the campfire lol. It kept telling me not to go alone.

Are these Coop players AI or are they real people?

Toth

Really digging this closed beta. Looking forward to the full version a lot now! Possibly more than Episode Ignis now. :O

I enjoyed it when I was on earlier but I must be doing something wrong because no matter what offensive magic I used (and coupled with the magic sigil), it was rather weak. I also could not find anyway to 'save' my data but I think that is intentional.

c0de

I mean yeah, the fight was flashy and combat was pretty bad and disorienting but dat music tho right?

And to your point about Gladio:
Ignis is blind now but Noct isn't really acknowledging the events that went down. Gladio wants Noct to portray more *King* like qualities even though Luna just died. So from Gladio's POV it's like Noct is glossing over the fact that one of his best friends Ignis is blind from protecting him & the city.

I pretty much glossed over Luna's death and was like whatever since her role in the story felt so minimal.

I know what happened but the reactions just don't fit to anything that I can actually believe. It's bad acting, bad voice acting and not how anyone would react, at all. And this is just an example of how it was until now for the whole game.

And yes, the music was really great. Like many things in this game are. I also especially like the boss fights.

I'm in heaven mad excited for the full thing

I'm ready. :D

I enjoyed it when I was on earlier but I must be doing something wrong because no matter what offensive magic I used (and coupled with the magic sigil), it was rather weak. I also could not find anyway to 'save' my data but I think that is intentional.

The default "Ruin" magic is pretty weak but the other magic tied with weapons are pretty powerful but some of them need a bit more audio/controller rumble feedback.

Top Bottom