• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV |OT2| For Jared!

Toth

The fan Q and A seems to suggest that there is nothing further being developed past Episode Ignis at the moment. Maybe planned but not even started. That means whatever it is is a long way coming...

Toth

PAX West next week and TGS shortly after that. Nothing to give up on.

There is no indication from any of the developers that anything else of note is coming and just hoping from trade show to trade show something is going to drop seems like a waste of energy tbf.

No survey results were a big blow and a bad sign.

Ferr986

Huh, just saw this tweet from that guy (ending spoiler)

Spoiler/// I just asked the big crucial question if Iggy, Prom and Gladio die at the end too and Tabata-san confirmed that they are alive!!!

So there it is? I think its the first time they confirmed it.

Koozek

Libertus should (and better) be there. They never resolved that whole arc.
Remember? :p

Final-Fantasy-XV-Character-Creation.jpg

Toth

I must say I am getting a bit tired of hearing about the story changes they 'say' want to make or are making. They need to start coming out with concrete detail of what is being added and not this cryptic BS.

Koozek

Is AC update for tomorrow?
Tomorrow probably the pre-DLC patch to preload the assets, the AssCreed costume for Noctis for those who have the Dream Egg you can get through the Chocobo Carnival event and also the regular updates stuff (Bestiary and Chapter Select).

The actual AC DLC comes on Thursday.

Toth

The bestiary is fantastic. A nice, needed shot of lore and world building in there! Interesting stuff about Ifrit as well.

Keym

Too bad it made things slightly more confusing.
I thought Ifrit was the cause of the Starscourge? But apparently not? Then where did it come from? Eh, at this point, what does it matter.

Koozek

Too bad it made things slightly more confusing.
I thought Ifrit was the cause of the Starscourge? But apparently not? Then where did it come from? Eh, at this point, what does it matter.
Was just about to ask this here after checking out right now. Wtf? This is the exact opposite of what we've known before.

Toth

Was just about to ask this here after checking out right now. Wtf? This is the exact opposite of what we've known before.

I thought the current theory was that
the Starscourge was created when Eos' corpse was burned. The virus seems too potent to be created by an Astral.

Koozek

Guess we'll have to wait for that prequel game to find out. Thanks, Tabata!
Wait a minute, I just realized the German description is different than the English one. I assumed it was the same, that's why I responded to you, but the
Starscourge isn't mentioned and there's something else about his being infected with the daemon parasite ("Siecher-Parasiten").

German Transcription:
"Ifrit:
Der Gott des Feuers. Einst wachte er als Teil der göttlichen Sechs über Eos. Er liebte die Menschen und schürte ihren Wissensdurst. Auf diese Weise verhalf er der Zivilisation Solheims zu großer Blüte. Doch trunken von ihrer Macht wandten sich die Menschen gegen die Götter. Im darauf entflammenden Astralkrieg wurde Ifrit bezwungen und wurde später mit dem Siecher-Parasiten infiziert. Nicht nur äußerlich, sondern innerlich ist er seither von der Dunkelheit zerfressen."

English Translation:
"Ifrit:
The God of Fire. He once watched over Eos as part of the godly Six. He loved humans and stoked their thirst for curiosity. This way he helped Solheim's civilization to great bloom. But intoxicated with their power people turned their backs on the gods. In the Astral War which followed, Ifrit was conquered and later infected with the Daemon parasite. Ever since he has been devoured by the darkness not only on the outside but on the inside."

Screen from the German description: http://i.imgur.com/k6BGZaZ.jpg

Screen from the English description: http://i.imgur.com/I9fA54p.jpg

I don't get it anymore oO

Keym

^ Holy shit, that's completely different and infinitely more interesting.
Sounds like technically he did create it, but only because he corrupted those people with power and... it was born from them instead? Maybe...?
Why are these localizations so different, anyway??

the Starscourge was created when Eos' corpse was burned. The virus seems too potent to be created by an Astral.
Isn't that just some crazy theory from gazing at the randomly placed statues in Pitioss? I can't prove it, but I'm almost certain that place has no real thought out lore behind it and they just threw a bunch of stuff together.

Koozek

But I thought it came from the meteor that Ifrit summoned and that Titan was literally holding off? That's what the German lore says.

Keym

But I thought it came from the meteor that Ifrit summoned and that Titan was literally holding off? That's what the German lore says.
What? Was this in the English version at all???

FFXV is now officially a choose your own adventure game. Tabata!!!

Toth

Wait a minute, I just realized the German description is different than the English one. I assumed it was the same, that's why I responded to you, but the
Starscourge isn't mentioned and there's something else about his being infected with the daemon parasite ("Siecher-Parasiten").

German Transcription:
"Ifrit:
Der Gott des Feuers. Einst wachte er als Teil der göttlichen Sechs über Eos. Er liebte die Menschen und schürte ihren Wissensdurst. Auf diese Weise verhalf er der Zivilisation Solheims zu großer Blüte. Doch trunken von ihrer Macht wandten sich die Menschen gegen die Götter. Im darauf entflammenden Astralkrieg wurde Ifrit bezwungen und wurde später mit dem Siecher-Parasiten infiziert. Nicht nur äußerlich, sondern innerlich ist er seither von der Dunkelheit zerfressen."

English Translation:
"Ifrit:
The God of Fire. He once watched over Eos as part of the godly Six. He loved humans and stoked their thirst for curiosity. This way he helped Solheim's civilization to great bloom. But intoxicated with their power people turned their backs on the gods. In the Astral War which followed, Ifrit was conquered and later infected with the Daemon parasite. Ever since he has been devoured by the darkness not only on the outside but on the inside."

Screen from the German description: http://i.imgur.com/k6BGZaZ.jpg

Screen from the English description: http://i.imgur.com/I9fA54p.jpg

I don't get it anymore oO

It's not that different to be honest.
He's clearly Prometheus and you don't give fire to people unless you care for them. The clarification we seem to be getting here is that he was thoroughly corrupted by the Starscourge and revived by it. Which actually makes more sense as to why Ardyn was able to summon him.

Edit: you are right in that the English version does not mention he was consumed by the Starscourge and implying only that he has become like a demon thanks to it. That's an important point but largely irrelevant until we get a clear view of what happened with Ardyn and the Astral War.

As for the meteor, I still think that's where it came from too. If it was Astral created, Bahamut should have been able to handle it instead of creating the Line of Lucis.

Toth

If we follow the Pitoss theory, this new information does make some sense
Ifrit, betrayed by humans, is exiled and searches for Eos. She dies, he burns her corpse, and the Starscourge from her corpse enters Ifrit and corrupts him. Now mad, Ifrit wages war against his former kingdom and on the Astrals for Eos' death. He spreads the Scourge all over Solheim until he's killed by Bahamut. Ardyn then is tasked to begin absorbing the Scourge. During his journey, Ardyn takes part of the corrupted Ifrit into himself, allowing for Ardyn to summon the dark version we face in Chapter 14.

BTW the Meteor theory can work if we postulate that the Starscourge
came to the planet upon it and infected the goddess Eos, forcing her supposed imprisonment as a quarantine. Ifrit 'freeing' her corpse by burning it unfortunately allowed the virus to escape.

Koozek

What? Was this in the English version at all???

FFXV is now officially a choose your own adventure game. Tabata!!!
Nope, iirc this
meteor stuff was never mentioned by Ardyn
in the English version.

It's not that different to be honest.
He's clearly Prometheus and you don't give fire to people unless you care for them. The clarification we seem to be getting here is that he was thoroughly corrupted by the Starscourge and revived by it. Which actually makes more sense as to why Ardyn was able to summon him.

As for the meteor, I still think that's where it came from too. If it was Astral created, Bahamut should have been able to handle it instead of creating the Line of Lucis.
Hmm, okay.

Koozek

If we follow the Pitoss theory, this new information does make some sense
Ifrit, betrayed by humans, is exiled and searches for Eos. She dies, he burns her corpse, and the Starscourge from her corpse enters Ifrit and corrupts him. Now mad, Ifrit wages war against his former kingdom and on the Astrals for Eos' death. He spreads the Scourge all over Solheim until he's killed by Bahamut. Ardyn then is tasked to begin absorbing the Scourge. During his journey, Ardyn takes part of the corrupted Ifrit into himself, allowing for Ardyn to summon the dark version we face in Chapter 14.

BTW the Meteor theory can work if we postulate that the Starscourge
came to the planet upon it and infected the goddess Eos, forcing her supposed imprisonment as a quarantine. Ifrit 'freeing' her corpse by burning it unfortunately allowed the virus to escape.
Where does this whole
Ifrit loves Eos stuff comes from in all these crazy Pitioss theories, btw? In the German bestiary entry for Shiva it says she was Ifrit's lover until the succumbed to madness.

Screen: http://i.imgur.com/frQEN5u.jpg

Toth

Where does this whole
Ifrit loves Eos stuff comes from in all these crazy Pitioss theories, btw? In the German bestiary entry for Shiva it says she was Ifrit's lover until the succumbed to madness.

Screen: http://i.imgur.com/frQEN5u.jpg

It's all from the Pitoss theory alas. I agree it's slll conjecture at this point but it's been hinted by the developers to be possibly true. Still, I feel though we are getting close to everything finally falling into place!

Keym

It's all from the Pitoss theory alas. I agree it's slll conjecture at this point but it's been hinted by the developers to be possibly true. Still, I feel though we are getting close to everything finally falling into place!
Well yeah, they would never shoot down fan theories like that, it keeps people interested. Otherwise, you'd just be antagonizing them.

That said, the bestiary ruins it completely, I think.

Minamu

Apparently there are about 1 creature per page in the new Bestiary that I've never seen and/or beaten. Is there a complete list somewhere so I can check which "?" the game means (one is probably that stupid angelus mech)?

Also, those new magitek suits, can I use those to sort of breeze through that special end game cave where you can't heal properly? I think I have most of the required skills for healing, but still, it'd be nice to get it over with smoother.

Koozek

Apparently there are about 1 creature per page in the new Bestiary that I've never seen and/or beaten. Is there a complete list somewhere so I can check which "?" the game means (one is probably that stupid angelus mech)?

Also, those new magitek suits, can I use those to sort of breeze through that special end game cave where you can't heal properly? I think I have most of the required skills for healing, but still, it'd be nice to get it over with smoother.
Yeah, I guess you could use those, but honestly those dungeons were easy peasy with a camp site every few rooms. If not, you could just make tons of healing spells by mixing even just 1 point of any element plus a few Potions or Hi-Potions. I think the accessories and AP nodes where your party members automatically use heal items on you should work too in that one dungeon, not sure though.

Minamu

Yeah, I guess you could use those, but honestly those dungeons were easy peasy with a camp site every few rooms. If not, you could just make tons of healing spells by mixing even just 1 point of any element plus a few Potions or Hi-Potions. I think the accessories and AP nodes where your party members automatically use heal items on you should work too in that one dungeon, not sure though.
Thanks, yeah that's a good idea, but won't you need like a 1000 spells? :lol I feel like I'm dropping in health super rapidly regardless of who I fight, even though I'm at lvl 104. Almost every battle is a battle of attrition in regards to potions and elixirs, especially in those special caves (Costlemark is the only one left). AFAIK, the healing skills should work from what I've read before. I'll check it out tomorrow maybe. I assume that if you die completely, you get a free pass out of the dungeon even if you've saved at a camp? The other ones were too easy so I never found out :lol

Keym

Max out your hp with accessories, eat before entering the dungeon to protect you from every element possible (there was a specific dish that everyone suggests for this dungeon, I forget the name) and save the suits for one particular room
that consists of three or four Iron Giants

Minamu

Max out your hp with accessories, eat before entering the dungeon to protect you from every element possible (there was a specific dish that everyone suggests for this dungeon, I forget the name) and save the suits for one particular room
that consists of three or four Iron Giants
Thanks, good advice.

Top Bottom