• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV SIGGRAPH 2016 Tech Talk and Presentations

Ran rp

prompto is just punk. i don't see what's unbelievable about his outfit.

edit: seriously. just google "punk outfit male"

Koozek

Assuming Solheim is still in...

Someone REALLY needs to ask Tabata about that.
At this point I'd rather just find out on my own :p Would be a cool surprise to suddenly discover a whole new nation in the game that we've never seen (not even in Versus).

There is a possible reference to it in FFXV, though (SAF = Solheim Air Force?):
AGu1s9R.jpg

Credits to @artsi.
---

PSY・S;212198136 said:
prompto is just punk. i don't see what's unbelievable about his outfit.

edit: seriously. just google "punk outfit male"

After having googled "Carbuncle" today, I won't google anything FFXV-related anymore.

Ran rp

At this point I'd rather just find out on my own :p Would be a cool surprise to suddenly discover a whole new nation in the game that we've never seen (not even in Versus).

There is a possible reference to it in FFXV, though (SAF = Solheim Air Force?):
AGu1s9R.jpg

Credits to @artsi.
---

After having googled "Carbuncle" today, I won't google anything FFXV-related anymore.

Solheim-Age Forums

Famassu

Good catch. Duscae is huge! I've spent 20 hours in the demo region alone between 1.0 and 2.0. What percentage of the total playable map is this region shown hereI wonder. If the old modeled topo map is anything to go by, this looks like maybe a fifth or sixth?
Tabata has given the percentage. Something like the whole Duscae area is only about 10% (or even less) of the whole game and the area we got to explore in the Episode Duscae demo is only, like 1/5th or 1/6th of the overall Duscae region. So yes, Duscae itself is really big and the whole game world will possibly be supermassive. I'm not totally sure about those percentages but I think they are somewhere around those figures.

mortal

Gold Member
So I'm assuming the next (and final) trailer will be at TGS 2016.

Which means FFXVI will probably be announced next year. With FFVIIR episode 1 dropping sometime next year, as well as KHIII.

sappyday

Which means FFXVI will probably be announced next year. With FFVIIR episode 1 dropping sometime next year, as well as KHIII.

Next trailer/footage will be at Gamescon this month. Probably something at TGS and the final one being the launch trailer.

TheTux

I don't expect FFVIIR next year tbh. Probably KHIII

Tabata has given the percentage. Something like the whole Duscae area is only about 10% (or even less) of the whole game and the area we got to explore in the Episode Duscae demo is only, like 1/5th or 1/6th of the overall Duscae region. So yes, Duscae itself is really big and the whole game world will possibly be supermassive. I'm not totally sure about those percentages but I think they are somewhere around those figures.

Crazy. Aside from these few map glances, and their claims of the huge amount of work on content generation, we still don't have anything concrete on scale and scope of the game. Only 2 months to go now...

I don't expect FFVIIR next year tbh. Probably KHIII

I have a feeling this is right - KHIII and XV expansion in 2017, VIIR in early 2018.

On the other hand, if VIIR is going to be three installments, and the first isn't out until 2018, there's no way they finish this gen, is there?

I know it's unrealistic but with different development partners I really wish they'd manage to release the installments annually. Waiting more than a year for serial episodes is irksome.

Basically, I've always came to the conclusion(even back in the sprite-based FF games) that the first gif of Cloud on the Chocobo exploring FFVII's world map was symbolic of what was actually going on in the second picture. Cloud was actually exploring a MASSIVE world on the back of a Chocobo. Similar for random encounters, Cloud and company, in the REAL life sized world of FFVII, stumb upon a monster lurking in the wild and a battle commences(or in battles where enemies strike first, your party is ambushed out in the wilderness). I've ALWAYS felt that symbolism to be representative of what we are experiencing in real time with FFXV(or real time RPGs in general).

Kinda like when I talked about anticipating Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild(in another thread), and how I said when I was playing the OLD LoZ games(like the NES ones and ALttP), those sprite worlds were symbolic of a world massive like the one seen in BotW. To me, BotW is my ideal LoZ game(when I was envisioning the worlds of the older games as a kid, but in real size, it was exactly like that).

I totally agree...and this is also part of why I *do* champion the move to real time, action-focused combat, because in my mind, that's what has always been happening in the "reality" of these games. It's just that back in 1987, we didn't have the means to show it properly. Now we do.

Ketaya

YEs Finally!
New demo? I hope it's not the pre-beta or titan demos :(

Well the screen on the picture doesn't look like the Titan demo, so there's that.
Could be the new gamescom demo, no idea if those are usually shown to press so far ahead of the event.

Ray Down

Banned
Well the screen on the picture doesn't look like the Titan demo, so there's that.
Could be the new gamescom demo, no idea if those are usually shown to press so far ahead of the event.

It's the case for E3 in some cases, press got to play chapter 1 before E3.

Koozek

I know about the collaboration (duh)
but for people to try the demo...ahahaa that's so out -there.

Why not? At least it's something different than the usual press preview events and it suits the game's theme. Might have a nice BBQ, too, for the journos.

Why not? At least it's something different than the usual press preview events and it suits the game's theme. Might have a nice BBQ, too, for the journos.

I hate forums sometimes ( I cant express what I really feel)
Why not what! I love it!
did you see the coolers there and the cup holders and lol @ the note pad and pen.
Will they give them beers or soft drinks to keep them happy?
I heard Tabata likes German beer :)

Ketaya

SE Germany has been pretty good with these preview events recently. They always have some special location or decoration that fits the game.

Next year is big for S-E in three ways that I can see:

-FFXVI reveal could be a great way to honor the 30 Year Anniversary of the series (imagine some kind of Sakaguchi/Uematsu/Amano involvement! :p). If rumors are to be believed, XVI has been cooking for a while now.
-A nice, big media push for FFVII:RE + maybe a playable demo & Crisis Core/Before Crisis Remastered PSN release could easily cover VII's 20 Year Anniversary.
-KHIII release for the 15 Year Anniversary of the KH series.

This is all a dream scenario for me, but hopefully S-E has some fun next year with these milestones. ;)

Koozek

-FFXVI reveal could be a great way to honor the 30 Year Anniversary of the series (imagine some kind of Sakaguchi/Uematsu/Amano involvement! :p). If rumors are to be believed, XVI has been cooking for a while now.
-A nice, big media push for FFVII:RE + maybe a playable demo & Crisis Core/Before Crisis Remastered PSN release could easily cover VII's 20 Year Anniversary.

This is all a dream scenario for me, but hopefully S-E has some fun next year with these milestones. ;)

Oh, yeaaah, I'm hoping for the same. So exciting to think about. Can't wait to see FFXVI.

All this and I hope a nice meaty XV expansion too.

Ydelnae

A friend of mine was supposed to play the game today (I guess he played the Titan demo), I'm so jealous. Only 60 days to go.

Mifec

Forgetting XV definitive on Steam.

Top Bottom