• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV SIGGRAPH 2016 Tech Talk and Presentations

Curious about that demo!

Im assuming it's the Levi segment of gamescom who knows tho?
Leviathan.gif

tumblr_nbixslymCt1s2wenvo2_1280.gif

Tyaren

Im assuming it's the Levi segment of gamescom who knows tho?
Leviathan.gif

tumblr_nbixslymCt1s2wenvo2_1280.gif

Why are you guys expecting a Leviathan demo? As far as I know they haven't relevealed anything of that sort so far. It could really be anything.

Hmmmmmmm I don't know whether I should be happy or not other this. Want FFXV to be complete really. I'm hoping it may just be weapon skins and stuff, in which case...please give the UCE it.

I'm hoping for some costume DLC that's not by Roen. I really can't stand all the dull black after 10 years. I want something cool and colorful. I hope that darn Roen deal doesn't completely rule out stuff that is not designed by them. >__<

Ketaya

Curious about that demo!

Hmmmmmmm I don't know whether I should be happy or not other this. Want FFXV to be complete really. I'm hoping it may just be weapon skins and stuff, in which case...please give the UCE it.

For that price it should be more than just skins.

Ydelnae

Why are you guys expecting a Leviathan demo? As far as I know they haven't relevealed anything of that sort so far. It could really be anything.

Tabata said he wanted to show the reworked Leviathan boss fight before the game released. I guess he wants people to stop complaining that "it has been axed".

Someone asked him what's the next summon he'll show and he said Levi at E3. There's a YouTube vid of it.

LAA

I'm hoping for some costume DLC that's not by Roen. I really can't stand all the dull black after 10 years. I want something cool and colorful. I hope that darn Roen deal doesn't completely rule out stuff that is not designed by them. >__<

I like the Noctis's design a lot actually and I'm fine with the black. Looking at the price though, I imagine it's more than costume DLC. Could still happen, but I imagine it's going to be playable content.

Koozek

I like the Noctis's design a lot actually and I'm fine with the black. Looking at the price though, I imagine it's more than costume DLC. Could still happen, but I imagine it's going to be playable content.
Of course it's playable content, lol. It's 20-30$ or so. They said this recently:

Final Fantasy XV to receive DLC story expansions, costumes and more

There are non-DLC costumes in the mainline game, Tabata answered a specific question about one of the costumes and I wouldn't look into it if you don't want to be spoiled.​

12BoM

still dont understand people who complain about the fashion. you guys must really have no sense of style.

its actually pretty impressive that the characters were designed years ago and the style still fits in 2016.

Byvar

The demo probably crashed at the title screen.
And the demo the guy next to him is playing probably crashed on the black screen before the title screen, am I right.

Also, too bad they didn't color the soccer ball blue, a blitzball-themed soccer table would have had so much potential.

Koozek

I was talking about this a while back in another forum. I didn't see anyone in here noticing following: In one of the the gameplay videos they showed the complete map of Duscae and surrounding regions for a second and one could clearly make out white borders. Eos seems not fully traversable. It seems to be made up of a net of corridores and some more open areas, like the Duscae valley. I colored these areas green here:

duscae-jpg.18309

Light blue is by the way the Duscae area we were able to explore in the Duscae demo. Looks so small. :)

Here's one with the whole map and Duscae aligned. Credits to Mognet's @DrBretto for showing me this:
IT2cIOF.jpg

wmlk

Apparently GAF's a shithole according to that site. Should start watermarking NeoSHIT for these pics.

Koozek

Apparently GAF's a shithole according to that site. Should start watermarking NeoSHIT for these pics.

To be fair, looking in from the outside Reddit seems like the biggest cesspool to me, too, and that's probably not how most users there would see themselves. Like everywhere in life negative stuff tends to be magnified. We all have this group-thinking mentality subconsciously. GameFAQ is the only good place for FFXV discussion.

Tyaren

Here's one with the whole map and Duscae aligned. Credits to Mognet's @DrBretto for showing me this:
IT2cIOF.jpg

Thanks. :) I really wonder if you will be able to travel all over that map in the final game. To all those lakes and all those white dots, wich are supposedly buildings and cities? A developer said in one video interview that we still don't know over 50% of all locations in Eos. I really hope that's true and that there is some truly epic stuff... I mean like Xenoblade-epic:

full.jpg

%E7%99%BD%E6%A8%B9%E3%81%AE%E5%A4%A7%E9%99%B8.jpg

So far everything looks rather tame in FFXV, only Tenebrae truly looks like a fantasy JRPG location.

12BoM

i think as the game progresses we will venture further and further away from the realism, and more and more into the fantasy aspect.

could be mistaken but i feel like a developer may have said the same

To be fair, looking in from the outside Reddit seems like the biggest cesspool to me, too, and that's probably not how most users there would see themselves. Like everywhere in life negative stuff tends to be magnified. We all have this group-thinking mentality subconsciously. GameFAQ is the only good place for FFXV discussion.

Ha ha, clearly we live in a topsy-turvy world.

But I hold that GAF is actually a damn fine game discussion board, far less hateful and random crap than just about anywhere else.

Ran rp

A developer said in one video interview that we still don't know over 50% of all locations in Eos. I really hope that's true and that there is some truly epic stuff... I mean like Xenoblade-epic:

full.jpg

%E7%99%BD%E6%A8%B9%E3%81%AE%E5%A4%A7%E9%99%B8.jpg

So far everything looks rather tame in FFXV, only Tenebrae truly looks like a fantasy JRPG location.

This is what would get me hyped again.

Damsung

Banned
still dont understand people who complain about the fashion. you guys must really have no sense of style.

its actually pretty impressive that the characters were designed years ago and the style still fits in 2016.

The clothes the main cast wear are definitely not fashionable. Maybe on a runway but not in real life.

Koozek

The clothes the main cast wear are definitely not fashionable. Maybe on a runway but not in real life.

You know what, the original Versus cast's clothing before the Roen redesign in 2010 actually was quite "fashionable" and you could imagine it being worn casually by normal people (minus Noctis' trashbag, of course):

whereisversus6103.jpg

It certainly isn't current high fashion. Looks a lot like Miharayasuhiro from around 2005 to 2010 though. First designer I thought of when the revamped stuff was launched he was quite popular in Japan around the time period the revamp would have been happening. There was a black pair of boots in one of the collections with a red sole can't find images of them but these came out in the same year

benzy

We've seen a clip of the current version of that set-piece:
VA06vMP.gif

The boss fights don't have any pre-set time or weather condition either, gonna wait for the thick storm clouds to roll in before starting that Levi fight for E3 2013 remake.

PTWb.png

Leviathan.gif

The boss fights don't have any pre-set time or weather condition either, gonna wait for the thick storm clouds to roll in before starting that Levi fight for E3 2013 remake.

PTWb.png

Leviathan.gif

Damn straight. Even just with iron giant in Platinum, I was surprised how much better the fight felt at night in the rain. When did they drop this info, btw?

Damsung

Banned
You know what, the original Versus cast's clothing before the Roen redesign in 2010 actually was quite "fashionable" and you could imagine it being worn casually by normal people (minus Noctis' trashbag, of course):

whereisversus6103.jpg

A bit more normal but that still wouldn't have been worn out on most streets. The newer stuff isn't normal anywhere.

Koozek

It reminds me of this

ss-169.jpg

I wonder if we got to set up a trap of sorts.
Ahhh, right, that's what I was trying to think of. Definitely the same devices. Guess the crew hijacks one of those from Niflheim.
---

A bit more normal but that still wouldn't have been worn out on most streets. The newer stuff isn't normal anywhere.
Prompto's outfit is not far from what young One Direction dudes wear.

guys-One-Direction-wore-matching-outfits-NYC-premiere.jpg

one-direction-bei-den-brit-awards2014-schwarz-anzuege_getty880-1.jpg

Top Bottom