• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV stream featuring Tabata and Sakaguchi to be held on April 14th

ff_160408gmjsr.jpg

During the live stream, Tabata will talk more about the Uncovered: Final Fantasy XV event, and Hironobu Sakaguchi, known as the creator of Final Fantasy, will also be there to talk about the Final Fantasy series, and will likely share his thoughts on Final Fantasy XV.

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/04/0...eam-featuring-tabata-sakaguchi-held-april-14/

Simo

Aww from the title I assumed it would be the two of them streaming the game. lol

Still cool though!

DeSolos

I hope at this point Sakaguchi has had a chance to play some of it.(at least Ch1). It would be nice to get his hands on impressions.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Sakaguchi: FFXV took too long so Square Enix is hiring me to make FFXVI. Matter of fact I'm so pro that we'll be making FFXVI, FFXVII, and FFXVIII simultaneously.

Ydelnae

For the wording, I think the stream will be focused on how the Uncovered event came to fruition and Sakaguchi's involvement, not the actual game itself.

Go_Ly_Dow

For the wording, I think the stream will be focused on how the Uncovered event came to fruition and Sakaguchi's involvement, not the actual game itself.

ground breaking enough for me

the gooch showing up like that onstage was quite a monumental moment for the series.

artsi

I read a rumor that FFIX would release on the 14th in Steam. Now I wonder if they're announcing that during this stream.

DeSolos

『Inaba Resident』;200475244 said:
Didn't he say a little while back that he liked what he played of the game?

He played the Duscae demo and gave Tabata a lot of feedback.

I'd like to know what he thinks of the current build now that it's been over a year since Duscae.

.JayZii

Banned
I think I'd like if it is mostly Sakaguchi talking about the series as a whole. Should be an interesting watch.

Pejo

Gold Member
Will watch for Gooch. Man I'm still waiting for the old FF team to announce an independent kickstarter. I mean that has no chance of NOT breaking all of the videogame related kickstarter records.

Sadly, that's just a dream. Still should be entertaining to watch this.

Samemind

This is making the speculated April 14th release date for the FF9 steam port seem even more solid

In the EULA you can go read now, it lists April 14th at the bottom.

Koozek

Didn't I tell you last year that Sakaguchi and Uematsu might be on board again for a new FF ;)

Btw, here's what Sakaguchi said about Tabata in the aftershow stream:

“It really blew me away that there’s so many things. We have got the animated series, we’ve got the film, and first of all I was overwhelmed by the volume of content that has been produced, but then I looked to them all and I said “wow, they have such high quality as well, there’s nothing wrong with them, they’re flawless,” and I was just really amazed.”

“Tabata-san here, he’s really an amazing guy. You know, to make something of this quality and of this level, you need a lot of patience, and a lot of guts in a certain way. To get to this quality you need skill, you need passion, but you also need that determination, and I really felt that Tabata-san had that in spades.”

“Then I saw him today with that thing he did at the end, pushing the air button, I saw a whole side of him today and I thought… I actually felt that there was a real button there, and when he did that I was just “wow.” So yeah, he’s a pretty special guy.”​

Tabata's response:

“I just talked with Sakaguchi-san here and Amano-san, and I interacted with them in the past, telling them what we’re trying to do with Final Fantasy XV, and what we’re trying to achieve here. Seeing them today, inviting them to this event, seeing their reaction and what they’ve said about it, it really makes me feel great about what we’ve achieved with Final Fantasy XV. I think it was all worth it.”

“Hearing their messages today, and what they have said, and being here with the founding fathers of Final Fantasy… Hearing what they said about the game, and that they gave their thumbs up, and the confidence they have in it, it really fills us with motivation. We’re gonna push right to the end, and get this game out and to you guys. It’s really been a great experience, and it has really filled me with confidence, so thank you.”​

Pooya

Gooch must have received a good deal, SE bankrolling that next game. Who knows, maybe they even pay platinum games to make it for him!

Asd202

Gooch must have received a good deal, SE bankrolling that next game. Who knows, maybe they even pay platinum games to make it for him!

Ito and Sakaguchi both making FF XVI, return to the roots. But seriously I would love SE to make a game like FF IX again.

Ito and Sakaguchi both making FF XVI, return to the roots. But seriously I would love SE to make a game like FF IX again.
People are in for a surprise if they think SE will go back to traditional FF gameplay after FFXV (unless the game is a total bomb)

artsi

People are in for a surprise if they think SE will go back to traditional FF gameplay after FFXV (unless the game is a total bomb)

I don't want a return to turn-based myself, but I would love a setting like IX had.

There's just something magical about that game.

I don't want a return to turn-based myself, but I would love a setting like IX had.

There's just something magical about that game.

I was not talking about gameplay more about the setting, world and characters. ATB is not coming back.
Oh yeh, that can happen for sure. We are stuck with the Versus era design dating back to 2006.
Thanks Nomura

But I am very excited for the potential world and settings for FFXVI. FFXIV was great in that regard and from what we heard of XVI from Verendus, it sounds like medieval setting to me.

I guess it depends on what you mean by traditional. I definitely don't see a numbered FF ever going back to a time where enemies would hop back and forth between specified locations. But something something that's menu driven and is similar to Grandia in approach? I can definitely see that happening. Grandia is still probably the best evolution of menu driven combat.

That's odd, if true, as the FF games seem to have always be about changing things up each iteration
much to their fragile fan's dismay.

Thus, as time goes on, and the design evovles, I would hope that there would be no idea of "traditional" gameplay.

Koozek

That's odd, if true, as the FF games seem to have always be about changing things up each iteration
much to their fragile fan's dismay.

Thus, as time goes on, and the design evovles, I would hope that there would be no idea of "traditional" gameplay.

Well, classic ATB had a long run, too. Of course it had some changes, but fundamentally it stayed the same from FFIV until FFIX (maybe FFX if you count it as ATB on Wait Mode :p).

Top Bottom