• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV TGS 2014 Trailer | Lord Nomura giveth us His only Son so we may live

wmlk

ibxJ7w07TKhCu9.gif

That gif just made me realize even her hairdo is matching the grecian gown & hairdo from here

pJNet1R.jpg

Nobody on this planet can convince me that Baz Luhrmann's adaption of Romeo and Juliette wasn't an inspiration for XV. When I saw this movie in class about six years ago, the first thing that came to my mind was Versus XIII. I'm pretty sure that there is Versus trailer out there that copies some the cinematographic style of the film.

Holy crap man. I'VE ALWAYS FELT THE SAME WAY even with Gatsby. I just never said it since no one will know what I meant, but you do.

I totallly agree. Even the crystalline look that's in Romeo and Juliet and especially Gatsby. Everything is extravagant, dramatic, and crisp.

R&J in particular is a modern take on a Shakespearean tale. Luhrmann's films match up with XV so much that it's staggering. No one has brought this up.

While still on the topic of film, Nomura told us that he likes to leave work at work, so he tends not to play a whole lot of games at home. Instead, he consumes movies like a junky – 2 or 3 of them on most nights. His biggest cinematic inspiration is Baz Lurhman, the visionary Australian director behind Romeo + Juliet, Moulin Rouge, and most recently The Great Gatsby. If Nomura is able to capture some of the magic of those movies and use it in Final Fantasy XV, we could be in for something special.

I called since the trailer where OG stella looked a lot more like Clare Danes and this happened

Noctis_and_Stella_2.jpg

william-shakespeares-romeo-juliet.jpg

I am appalled...this is some bizzaro world crap.

They're using both Luminous (lightning etc) and their custom engine.

More info next week.

Insider knowledge?

I wonder if the entire "area" the trailer takes place in is really Episode Duscae? That'd be pretty impressive. It'd be fun to play again and again if for nothing else than a nice car driving tech demo.

raven777

It was my understanding that the game is a custom build, but it uses a lot of the Luminous Lighting engine and other renderes.

They're using both Luminous (lightning etc) and their custom engine.

More info next week.

yea I know about custom engine+Luminous technology(lightning) thing.

Last year Nomura said at that time Luminous engine was not complete and the team is working together with Luminous engine team so they were getting engine done at the same time. I am curious that if they did finish Luminous engine and that FFXV went on to fully adapt Luminous engine, which could explain the significant visual change from last year.

Yea really excited for next week's interview.

Loakum

Banned
I love that female host! Her energy is infectious! She's so into it! Even though I can't understand anything anyone is saying, her excitement makes this stream entertaining!

injurai

Banned
yea I know about custom engine+Luminous technology(lightning) thing.

Last year Nomura said at that time Luminous engine was not complete and the team is working together with Luminous engine team so they were getting engine done at the same time. I am curious that if they did finish Luminous engine and that FFXV went on to fully adapt Luminous engine, which could explain the significant visual change from last year.

Yea really excited for next week's interview.

Well the lead developer on the Luminous Engine left Square. Even if the assets could be merged over and rendered that doesn't mean all the level scripting would work correctly. It could be a very laborious task to move everything over. Especially if they could easily inject some of the other rendering technologies into the ffxv core.

But I too look forward to next weeks answers...

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Insider knowledge?

I wonder if the entire "area" the trailer takes place in is really Episode Duscae? That'd be pretty impressive. It'd be fun to play again and again if for nothing else than a nice car driving tech demo.

I think someone mentioned that Famitsu is having interviews for XV and Type 0 next week.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Yeah, the whole game is not a road trip, just the very beginning. At the start, i think its the infamous meeting scene between them. He wants to see her then he takes his friends to her country...meanwhile her country attacks his (hence the ships approaching in the darkness) and then its all out war

My main question:

IS SOMNUS STILL IN THE GAME!?

Kagari has to get the scoop on that eventually!

Ishida

Banned
Stefan™;130713947 said:
The Prelude, Victory theme and Main theme needs to make a grand return in FFXV.

Well, Prelude is definitely there, and I'm willing to bet that Victory Fanfare will be there for boss encounters.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
ugh..Examiner and Shui Ta..how they've tortured Versus fans @_@

This sight is largely inaccurate and makes a mountain out of a mole hill.Especially regarding Versus.

This Shui Ta person sounds really familiar. What did he write about Versus previously?

Nomura didn't even mention multiplayer, just online features, which could mean anything from SNS sharing to DLC to leaderboards for a minigame. He sure knows how to jump to conclusions.

Duckroll stated that I believe.

Big famitsu scoop next week.

The scoop seems to be more for Type 0 than XV though. I thought he mentioned something like that.

Dark_castle

But I thought people here liked change? I thought they didn't want the series' staples in this game because its supposed to be different from the rest of the Final Fantasy games?

I'm going to be really disappointed if they skip out on the prelude and main theme again.

Some changes are good/acceptable, some changes are not.

HeelPower

This Shui Ta person sounds really familiar. What did he write about Versus previously?

Nomura didn't even mention multiplayer, just online features, which could mean anything from SNS sharing to DLC to leaderboards for a minigame. He sure knows how to jump to conclusions

The scoop seems to be more for Type 0 than XV though. I thought he mentioned something like that.

Examiner always jumped on the slightest bit of info about versus (usually late at doing it too) and they have misleading titles and some made up stuff sometimes.

Over the years it happened so many times its unbelievable and they used to label non Versus news as Versus related.

Kagari just likes to play dumb ;)

stop eating Mac ;p

Mr. RPG

Examiner always jumped on the slightest bit of info about versus (usually late at doing it too) and they have misleading titles and some made up stuff sometimes.

Over the years it happened so many times its unbelievable and they used to label non Versus news as Versus related.

stop eating Mac ;p

What about Kotaku and their "Versus XIII canceled" clickbait?

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member

stop eating Mac ;p

Lol...One of his articles has the headline " ‘Final Fantasy Versus XIII’ talks ‘Final Fantasy X-2 HD’ Last Mission contents". What kind of headline is that and how did it get past the editor lol... The article had nothing about Versus and he just inserts a comment about how there is no news about the game. It's like those articles that randomly mentioms Titanfall out of no where

Kotaku's articles at least have some kind of sources or logic behind them. This guy is on another level.

HeelPower

I am of the opinion that was mostly on the spot.

versus did get rebranded into XV.The article was versus got cancelled and its assets poured into XV.Which is kind of what happened in the grand scheme of things.

Its status did change to XV but it wasn't outright cancelled I guess.

Top Bottom