• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy's XV March Update To Add New Cutscenes In Ch.13 For Ravus and Aldercapt

dakun

Glad i decided pretty early to wait about 1 year before getting the game in hopes for a PC announcement. (especially with the issues on the PS4 Pro) And if it doesn't come to PC at least i'll get it for really cheap in it's complete form.

There are too many outstanding Open World games right now that i'd invest time and (more) money in FF right now.

It is sad stuff like this was not in the final game released back in November. With all the games out now it is really hard for me to even go back to playing FFXV after finishing it. I am not alone in this, a number of people have just moved on from this game.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
It is sad stuff like this was not in the final game released back in November. With all the games out now it is really hard for me to even go back to playing FFXV after finishing it. I am not alone in this, a number of people have just moved on from this game.
Just wait for all of the DLC/patches to hit before replaying... it's what I'm planning on doing.

It's like all those Director's Cut revisions Japan got a couple of gens ago, only now we get it too and it's piecemeal via DLC.

Gbraga

It's called "the Jihl Nabaat curse" ��

You fight him and another Niflheim general, in a optional quest inside an empire base. They only talk from their mechs and didn't get more screentime.

It was a pretty cool mission, though.

Ateron

Recently finished the game on 1.04, pro lite performance is really good indeed. Just watch out as it will always try to download the new patch, cancel and delete isn't good enough. I had to pause it everytime. :p

Yup, that almost got me once! I had to completely block auto updates, otherwise it would stealth download ahah
Eventually we're gonna have to accept it, though. If they don't fix it, that is. I really want to play the dlc, and if the patch is mandatory, well..

Glass Rebel

DLC earns Square Enix money.

the more improvements they make to the game, the more likely fans who bought and played it will come back for DLC episodes, costumes, etc. which means more revenue for S/E.

I guess this makes sense. I had no idea there was paid DLC coming out for FFXV.

BadWolf

That's much more than I expected.

I wasn't too down on the chapter like many others seem to be but this is pretty damn nice, makes me look forward to a future second play through even more.

MarkusRJR

As someone who already beat the game, this should have been in there from the start. The story was such a mess in the latter half...

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I know, it sucks when devs try to fix what people complained about. How dare they.

Tabata clearly cares about the game and wants to make it better. That deserves respect.

That's an optimistic way of putting it. On the flip side you can interpret this as a way of SE doing this again and releasing unfinished products only to patch it later. Great business practice! *thumbs up.*

bigol

That's an optimistic way of putting it. On the flip side you can interpret this as a way of SE doing this again and releasing unfinished products only to patch it later. Great business practice! *thumbs up.*

Now that you worry this will happen, you have the power to decide to stop preordering or buying their games at launch. Honestly i see nothing bad in them trying to improve or add content to the game.

BadWolf

Oh please, this is a good thing.

The game sold well regardless, they could have easily called it a day and done nothing.

Many games release with portions that some find underwhelming but very few devs ever go back to overhaul them in a major way.

Oh please, this is a good thing.

The game sold well regardless, they could have easily called it a day and done nothing.

Many games release with portions that some find underwhelming but very few devs ever go back to overhaul them in a major way.

It's almost like even SE themselves are forced to acknowledge the game had major flaws and that they need to fix them to try to leave a good impression on consumers. People can tout sales numbers if they really want to, but I think the divisive reception among fans is pretty self-evident at this point and SE sees it, too.

It's almost like even SE themselves are forced to acknowledge the game had major flaws and that they need to fix them to try to leave a good impression on consumers. People can tout sales numbers if they really want to, but I think the divisive reception among fans is pretty self-evident at this point and SE sees it, too.
Divisive reception.. like almost every ff

Necron

Not for those who are waiting for a price drop, on the edge of buying, waiting on the PC version, or who are waiting for all the DLC.

Or those who bought it but just couldn't find the time to play it, like me. I look forward to these improvements.

Divisive reception.. like almost every ff

I mean this is a fair enough point, but XV is unlike many prior Final Fantasy games in a lot of ways including in the criticisms leveled against it, and I think that sets it and its reception in this case apart from other titles. It's not that people didn't like the direction or didn't like the story, it's that they felt the game was outright unfinished. Tabata even had to acknowledge with an explanation for the "incomplete" narrative. This situation is unique and I can see why SE would be worried about the reputation of the series.

I'm surprised but pleased you don't have me ignored.

I mean this is a fair enough point, but XV is unlike many prior Final Fantasy games in a lot of ways including in the criticisms leveled against it, and I think that sets it and its reception in this case apart from other titles. It's not that people didn't like the direction or didn't like the story, it's that they felt the game was outright unfinished. Tabata even had to acknowledge with an explanation for the "incomplete" narrative. This situation is unique and I can see why SE would be worried about the reputation of the series.

I'm surprised but pleased you don't have me ignored.
lol I've never seen you troll unless I missed it. I don't ignore for criticism something I've seen you do in a lvl headed way several times

lol I've never seen you troll unless I missed it. I don't ignore for criticism something I've seen you do in a lvl headed way several times

I'm genuinely happy you feel that way because I really would have missed talking with you in future FF threads, particularly once I'm fully back on the hype train.

The changes they're making to XV sound genuinely good to me, and I'm optimistic for the state of the game as a whole especially after everything is implemented. I'm not against improving a product post-launch in the way they are especially when they're keeping most of the content I'd want to see as an update to the base game before DLC stories absolutely free. I was lukewarm on the base title but I can't deny that what they're adding as they go along is meaningful stuff.

Zakalwe

Banned
People are defending this... *shakes head*

I'll smh at the opposite, then, because it's a /good/ thing the team are committed.

The game had a /very/ troubled development and Tabata obviously didn't have enough time to finish. I'm amazed people can't see this, and doubly so if they do and still consider it a bad thing.

Beartruck

Glad I never started this. Ill wait a few more months til all these updates are added, and then I can enjoy the best possible version.

TheCed

I'm all for Improving a game post launch !
I'm against releasing an unfinished product and finishing it later.

The Omen trailer really got me hyped. I fell for it. But thanks to FFXV, I have yet to pre-oder a game a game released after FFXV. I have absolutely no confidence in Pre-Orders anymore.

I parked after a few hours and will likely wait until they are done whatever it is they are doing, so when I finally start up again it won't be a waste lol

Toth

I am and I will keep doing so. At least they're improving it rather than going LOL and never touching it again like some of you want.

Exactly. The big development group was not going anywhere after release anyway due to the planned DLC. Using some of that vast resource to fix issues fans complained about is a smart use of time that wins over support. It's good business and a boon for FF fans.

theofficefan99

I'll smh at the opposite, then, because it's a /good/ thing the team are committed.

The game had a /very/ troubled development and Tabata obviously didn't have enough time to finish. I'm amazed people can't see this, and doubly so if they do and still consider it a bad thing.

Have you played Type-0, or noticed the changes from 2014-2016? Tabata is incompetent. Even if he had one or two or 46 more years the game would still be fundamentally flawed and the story would still be ass.

Socivol

The new cutscenes are very minimal if you were expecting additional character development you will be disappointed.

cordy

Banned
So I started Chapter 13 (stopped as soon as I ended 12) and now there's a part asking if I want to follow Noctis or Gladio/Ignis now after they get separated. I guess it's in-game. Dope.

Waiting for the PC version so these additions are welcome. I do not understand the "too little, too late". Both for this game and No Mans Sky, it seems like an irrational hatred for a developers attempt to make their product better.

Top Bottom