• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Revolution Name Announced: Wii

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sho Nuff

Banned
Tamashii Sensei said:
description.gif

oh my fucking god lol

ahmad

Banned
Holy fuck. I thought this was a joke.

It is actually called Wii?? WTF

Wii as in we go here , it is in english, it talks about ther name : revolution.nintendo.com

Trident

Loaded With Aspartame
That's honestly the worst name I could ever imagine. No one will ever pronounce it correctly until they have been told how to pronounce it.

Christopher

I wonder what the localized name will be...for the hell of it though should just dub it pee or something stupid like that cause wii is ...ughhh

Grug

What the flying fuck kind of name is that.

Surely they wont call it that in the west.

Fucking Nintendo, just when you think they are getting their shit together.

gjb-sensei

Nintendo invented the pixel...
Biohazard said:
I wonder what the localized name will be...for the hell of it though should just dub it pee or something stupid like that cause wii is ...ughhh

The localized name will be Wii.

worldrunover said:
Is it at all possible this is the Japanese name and The English name is something different?

Also... umm... "wee" or "why"?

Nope, it's on nintendo.com now. And "why" is an excellent question, this is just a ridiculous name.

RIP Revolution......

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
It's probably pronounced Why - I, not Weeee (that would be beyond retarded)

Which gives anti-fans even more laughing ammo of course (I can see comments like: Nintendo, Whyyyy aren't we 3rd party already again!?)

Graphically it makes a lot of sense. Unfortunately, humans do not use text is its primary mode of communication, especailly when walking into Best Buy.

thumbs_up.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom