• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening [3DS] coming to Europe in 2012

Peff

No, other than possible non-story playable character cameos. It will be related to FE1/3 and the DS remakes, though.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Sounds good, but at that length I'll probably just skip it and play this one first (prefer portable for srpgs) and then get back to it eventually. This new one isn't going to be connected story-wise, is it?

Unless it is secretly Turn A Fire Emblem, there is basically no chance it'll be connected to the Telius duology.

Peff

It might be a sequel/reboot/alternate timeline, I don't think we know for sure yet. It's the same continent and a very poorly concealed Marth seems to be an antagonist.

Croc

Banned
Whether or not it was Nintendo's direct plan with releasing SS to get more people aware of FE before the potential release here, it's definitely worked. Me and like 3 of my friends had never played a FE game before and after playing SS via the ambassador games, are totally on board for the new one if it releases here.

I've just checked this out on Google images, and wow, it looks nice. It's not really been on my radar up to this point, despite me enjoying PoR and Radiant Dawn.

The production values seem higher than previous entries, and the new art style looks sleek. Will pick up, I think.

About the whole Sacred Stones argument... Is the 3DS ambassador program exactly the same in Japan (is there even such a thing)? If they didn't bother with region specific releases for this program, than chances are, they want to familiarize Japanese gamers to the game, and not us.

Boney

Banned
maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan

About the whole Sacred Stones argument... Is the 3DS ambassador program exactly the same in Japan (is there even such a thing)? If they didn't bother with region specific releases for this program, than chances are, they want to familiarize Japanese gamers to the game, and not us.

it's ww

Well all we can do now is cross our fingers and pray.

BTW, new scans for the game gives even stronger hints that this new game is connected to the Marth stories. You know, the one one where we missed out on half the saga.

Divine Dragon Naga confirmed.

Evil Dragon is named Gimle.

Emelina is the Holy King of Iris. She is Krom and Liz's elder sister.

Game takes place on 2 continents, one that looks suspiciously like Barensia and the other looks like Archanea... The Archanea lookalike has three nations--Feria to the north, Perezia to the west and Iris to the east.

Branched promotions are back. Cavalier promotes to Paladin (better Move, Resistance) or Great Knight (better HP, Defence, +Axes), Cleric promotes to Battle Cleric (better Strength, +Axes) or Sage (better Resistance, +Offensive magic).

More info here: http://serenesforest.net/fe13/info.html

Codeblue

I hope the branches are better balanced this time.

Anyway, it looks like it's about time for me to go on FE blackout for the next year and a half. I'll check into the NA localization confirmation thread though, because it will exist.

It might be a sequel/reboot/alternate timeline, I don't think we know for sure yet. It's the same continent and a very poorly concealed Marth seems to be an antagonist.

interest +1000

I know most old school fans seem to love FE4 and Jugdral more, but I have a huge soft spot for FE1, 3 and Archanea.

But it pains me immensely that 2 of the games I really, really want for the 3DS probably aren't going to see a stateside release (MH Tri G and this). So I agree with that sentiment.

This game is 100%, unquestionably, without any doubt coming out in the US.

It seems Great Knights in this game keep 7 movement from their larval class, instead of going down like in FE8. It also sounds like Level 21 auto-promotions are back, unless the article is being cryptic about forced promotions.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
So they basically remade SS in the world of the first 3 FE games.

But unlike SS this one will probably have the insane difficulty settings of the last two remakes.

This sounds...awesome.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
SS is more like a spiritual successor to Fire Emblem Gaiden and this new game take place in the world of Archanea and Barencia (Gaiden world).

I know, it's all coming full circle.

I finally got around to beating Gaiden last year, much better then I was expecting!

fates

I have to wonder if FE11/12 were remakes to lead up to this?

SS was my first FE (got it in a bargain bin at Circuit City... I miss that place!). Still probably my favorite and this game offering the map and all really has me interested.

hatchx

Banned

Yeah I'm not even worried whatsoever.

They are putting a lot of effort into this new Fire Emblem. With the inclusion of co-op, it's my most wanted 3DS game right now after Kid Icarus.

KingK

What makes you so sure? I think that it's probably going to come to NA, but I wouldn't put money on it.

I do hope you're right though. I need this game. Preferably before Christmas.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
personally I find this like a methadone fix until the release the heroin that is advance wars, but any drugs is good drugs.

What makes you so sure?

It's a flagship, high-effort brand new title (rather than a half-assed remake) from a series that consistently performs well in the West that isn't getting released on a piracy-ridden system with rapidly declining software sales that the platform-holder is desperately attempting to EOL?

NoA is an extraordinarily shitty regional branch and they've done an extraordinarily shitty job of localizing software over the last 7-8 years, but people shouldn't get so blinded by rage about that that they leap to absurd conclusions.

donny2112

personally I find this like a methadone fix until the release the heroin that is advance wars,

My only experience with Advance Wars is Dual Strike, but I really disliked the way that game played compared to Fire Emblem. Particularly the fact that no matter how well I did in a level, the next level started me from scratch with whatever units the game saw fit to give me. It was like a bunch of test/practice levels with only a modicum of story there to tie the levels together. Otherwise, they were their own distinct levels. Much prefer Fire Emblem's continuity and choices about the levels, and the fact that making good decisions in the early levels pays huge dividends in the later levels.

My thoughts on the two, anyways.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's a flagship, high-effort brand new title (rather than a half-assed remake) from a series that consistently performs well in the West that isn't getting released on a piracy-ridden system with rapidly declining software sales that the platform-holder is desperately attempting to EOL?

NoA is an extraordinarily shitty regional branch and they've done an extraordinarily shitty job of localizing software over the last 7-8 years, but people shouldn't get so blinded by rage about that that they leap to absurd conclusions.

FE 12 is actually a full assed remake. I love that game and its quite a bit better then Shadow Dragon.

I doubt the BATTLE CLERIC class is going to be any good but I'll still use it for hilarity. Incoming Yandere fan art.

Looks like all characters have str and magic stats, perhaps FE9-10's weapon weight system is returning? Please don't use con I hate weighing down my poor peg knights :(.

Oh hey there's a spess mehren in the game great. So that makes SquintyMcPauldrons, birdcage girl, and some guy who's wearing a suit under his armor. Surprisingly all of this is growing on me.

I doubt the BATTLE CLERIC class is going to be any good but I'll still use it for hilarity. Incoming Yandere fan art.
If the growths change based on class it could work out...otherwise it'll be like Sages with Knives...
i'm still there day 1 I love myself a bit of Axe action

I'm afraid to say, "I'll wait till E3," because I said that after XenoBlade and Last Story was announced by NoE.

So this time I'm just going to say, "Hope NoA brings it."

Looks like all characters have str and magic stats, perhaps FE9-10's weapon weight system is returning? Please don't use con I hate weighing down my poor peg knights :(.

Oh hey there's a spess mehren in the game great. So that makes SquintyMcPauldrons, birdcage girl, and some guy who's wearing a suit under his armor. Surprisingly all of this is growing on me.

FE11 and 12 split growth into 2 parts. First is character growth, then class growth. So let say if it's a Cleric and you want magic cleric or battle cleric. The character's strength growth is only 10%, and it would be hilariously inadequate, but there's also the class growth. We can pretend battle cleric would end up with 40% strength growth. So 10% + 40% = 50% strength growth for battle cleric.

If they do it this way, it can work, cause it worked for FE11&12.

FE11 and 12 split growth into 2 parts. First is character growth, then class growth. So let say if it's a Cleric and you want magic cleric or battle cleric. The character's strength growth is only 10%, and it would be hilariously inadequate, but there's also the class growth. We can pretend battle cleric would end up with 40% strength growth. So 10% + 40% = 50% strength growth for battle cleric.

Oh? That's pretty interesting, hopefully that is the case.

Boney

Banned

Did FE12 have the class switch mechanic from 11?

I hated that.

Top Bottom