• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

ohlawd

She's still able to use it, and having Donnel as her dad passes Sol/Axebreaker/Bowbreaker (she has the other 2 breakers from her mom/missing tomebreaker).

He's a godly dad for her, as he also passes Patience/Underdog.

Forgot everyone likes their -breaker skills. Sol and Armsthrift is definitely nice.

I feel that Nah should be left as a Manakete or a General. Both have low speed caps.

There's too much to think about in this game, so many characters, so many classes, so many skills, so many children, so many possible pair ups. I've just got a load of dark fliers and swordmasters at the moment and hoping things will turn out fine.

My avatar doesn't seem as overpowered as I want him to be, I've only had him as tactician and grandmaster, what should I do to get him some more defence. I just got Morgan, so now I've got her to worry about too.
Dark Knight and War Monk are nice for defensive growths.

Chrom

I just discovered that during missions, any character you highlight -- whether it's an enemy, ally or one of your units -- can be examined in a model viewer where you can zoom and pan. You just hit the + icon on their portrait in the upper-left of the touchscreen when you select them on the grid. (Or maybe it's a magnifying glass icon)

It's a magnifiying glass with a + on it!

Ghazi

I just got Galeforce on Cordelia. Jesus Christ that is so OP. Also, you guys talk about passing Galforce to the children, I don't understand how you'd do that. I know that the last skill you earned is passed down though, so does that just mean not to get 2 characters married until further into the game where the wives get Galeforce?

ohlawd

I just got Galeforce on Cordelia. Jesus Christ that is so OP. Also, you guys talk about passing Galforce to the children, I don't understand how you'd do that. I know that the last skill you earned is passed down though, so does that just mean not to get 2 characters married until further into the game where the wives get Galeforce?

Right on point. You can hold off on the children until you're ready.

You can get married, just don't start the Paralogue of the kid. You can enter the preparation page but that's it.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Holy shit! The twist at the end with Validar was awesome! Guess our avatar is quite the tactician. Loved it.

I really hate deus ex machina twists, and this was one of the worse offenders I've seen. No hints or clues anywhere, just bam, it happens,
despite supposedly being planned for several chapters

Doesn't have to be the last skill you got, just the last active one. You can rearrange them.

Do you guys think a customize-able avatar should be an FE standard now?

Depends on the story. They'll have to include your avatar into the story to make it plausible or we'll get something like White Knight Chronicles again. I don't want an avatar if it's not going to do anything in the story.

Hopefully we won't get an avatar tossed in into the FE4/5 remakes whenever they bloody decide to do it.

Neiteio

It should be standard, and they should even allow Saints Row levels of customization where you can completely remake your character's appearance at any time in the game, right down to the gender. Just attribute it to magic or some shit.

NeonZ

Yes. Personally, I'll be very surprised if many of Awakening's features don't return at least in the next game.

Some people seem to believe that Awakening might be another Gaiden or Sacred Stones, a deviation from the series' formula that gets mostly ignored afterwards, but I think Awakening's success pretty much means that it'll be the base of the next few FE titles at least.

It should be standard, and they should even allow Saints Row levels of customization where you can completely remake your character's appearance at any time in the game, right down to the gender. Just attribute it to magic or some shit.

I don't think that's necessary considering how you can have more than one avatar in the same team, at once, unlike Saints Row's boss. They just need to make an easier way to add extra avatars and make the guests work with all game systems, unlike in Awakening.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Yes. Personally, I'll be very surprised if many of Awakening's features don't return at least in the next game.

Some people seem to believe that Awakening might be another Gaiden or Sacred Stones, a deviation from the series' formula that gets mostly ignored afterwards, but I think Awakening's success pretty much means that it'll be the base of the next few FE titles at least.

Probably the good and the bad.

It would be nice if the next game peeled itself away from the anime and dating sim archtypes if/when they keep the marriage system, but that's probably not going to happen.

Pair up/dual system is good but needs some work like reclassing did when it was introduced with FE11. They've got reclassing down pretty good though, but it's not quite perfect yet. I think characters should get some innate skills to help differentiate themselves more, and class skills could be better balanced (i.e., they could make archers not suck).

I don't like grinding in FE. I don't like world maps in FE. But god damn it, we're probably stuck with them from now on. It's broken Sacred Stones and Awakening. And probably Gaiden too, but I haven't played it.

Busaiku

So who are you guys gonna use for the final map?

I'm going all the children, Chrom, Sumia, Robin, Anna, Frederick, Olivia, and Libra.
Libra's gonna be the weakest there, but at least he can heal, I guess.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member

I'm going all the children, Chrom, Sumia, Robin, Anna, Frederick, Olivia, and Libra.

Haven't quite decided.

All the kids are obvious choices. Chrom is probably required. Robin is an obvious choice.

Will probably take Palla as a rally bot. Rest will probably be healers and ladies with Dual Support+ and a good class for pair up bonuses.

Edit: Or Priam since he has Armsthrift. Or some Sorcerers. I don't know.

Edit edit: Tiki and Nowi will probably make the cut actually. Manaketes are good.

Torraz

I'm at the last mission, I think, but I never figured out two things...

1.) How to I marry people? Chrom suddenly married my female avatar, but I have no idea how to make other characters do this.

2.) I was under the impression that having a character with gale force pair up with another one would give the benefit of gale force to the character who does not have it. This doesn't seem to be happening. Is there some other requirement?

Busaiku

You get married once hit S Rank support.
Every character can only have 1 S Rank.

Chrom got paired up with Robin automatically cause he had the highest support with her.
He automatically gets matched up with whoever has the highest support by the time you finish chapter 12.

Galeforce only works for the character that has it, paring up doesn't transfer skills to the other character.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I'm at the last mission, I think, but I never figured out two things...

1.) How to I marry people? Chrom suddenly married my female avatar, but I have no idea how to make other characters do this.

2.) I was under the impression that having a character with gale force pair up with another one would give the benefit of gale force to the character who does not have it. This doesn't seem to be happening. Is there some other requirement?

Getting S-rank support will make two characters marry. Chrom is the exception, if he's not married by a certain point in the story it's forced, since it plays a role in the story (
Lucina
).

And the lead character doesn't get Galeforce if the paired character has it. But you can pair up two characters that have Galeforce, attack with one, then move and switch to the other and attack an enemy, then move again and attack a third time.

Torraz

You get married once hit S Rank support.
Every character can only have 1 S Rank.

Chrom got paired up with Robin automatically cause he had the highest support with her.
He automatically gets matched up with whoever has the highest support by the time you finish chapter 12.

Galeforce only works for the character that has it, paring up doesn't transfer skills to the other character.

Getting S-rank support will make two characters marry. Chrom is the exception, if he's not married by a certain point in the story it's forced, since it plays a role in the story (
Lucina
).

And the lead character doesn't get Galeforce if the paired character has it. But you can pair up two characters that have Galeforce, attack with one, then move and switch to the other and attack an enemy, then move again and attack a third time.

Ah, thank you.

ffdgh

Hmm Chrom, Sumia, Lucina, Cynthia robin, Panne, Yarne, Morgan, Lissa.

the rest I haven't figured out yet since they still need limit breaker. How many units are allowed for the final dlc map?

Jintor

It's kind of funny cos Cordy's stats aren't actually the best in my party but her performance for some reason is god damn amazing

I really hate deus ex machina twists, and this was one of the worse offenders I've seen. No hints or clues anywhere, just bam, it happens,
despite supposedly being planned for several chapters

Yeah, I suppose so. It still was a cool feeling, though. Maybe that's why I forgot about its fault.

I only got Donnel after I already grinded out the rest of my characters this run. Made it easy to recruit and grind him out but totally unneeded.

GamerSoul

Finally ordered a 3ds, eh kinda excited. Hopefully by next week I'll get this game and make Sully my waifu :3 heh, I'm not use really supporting and all that stuff so it' going to be fun trying to pair units up.

daakusedo

I retried so much at chapter 11 that I had the whole thing locked down, apart from the boss and his guard. Using Cordelia and Sumia to bring Chrom to the south east to quickly block the ramparts and Kellam to the west to stop some guys on the bridge, then two magicians and Sumia placed on the three bastions. Anna moves a bit then a second turn thanks to the dancer and she can get in one of the middle bastion on the next turn with Frederick near her. So after knowing to wait for the last wyvern reinforcements before moving in the boss zone, I still didn't take care of a paired up Vaike and main character who where in the range of a swordman, so it triggered the boss and his guards to move, I was so pissed of with this mistake but the Vaike pair killed all the enemies attacking, and dodged them, so it was not so bad, but Chrom missing the boss freaked me out, there were still some guards with him, so I had to not waste any hit, I don't remember the details but it ended well, could even open the two chests. Now I saw chapter 12, too much enemies...

Javier

Happy Mother's Day!

Bu5CsrH.jpg

Draxal

I don't think it was a deux ex machina, because they clearly show that the avatar relives the event in the premonitions chapter, so he knew it was going to happen. Not denying the rest of the story or the Walhart/Validar transition was handled that particularly well.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think it was a deux ex machina, because they clearly show that the avatar relives the event in the premonitions chapter, so he knew it was going to happen. Not denying the rest of the story or the Walhart/Validar transition was handled that particularly well.

Not until the event is actually happening though, and they use the BS excuse that
the avatar's memories/premonition are the alternate avatar/Grima's memories from the alternate timeline
. Even aside from the premonition, there were other things that came out of nowhere, like
Basillo being alive, and the group deciding to switch out the gem for a fake one. And they specifically bait the player with the prior discussion about whether or not they should take the emblem or leave it since Validar could have had a trap set either way, even though it didn't matter because at that point they already had a plan in place.

Take that you stupid dragon! I hit her 4 times with the Falchion weapons and each of them got a critical. Lucky me haha. Lost all my other units as I sacrificed them, but now I know what to do and what mistakes to avoid in the next playthrough on Lunatic Classic.

Ghazi

So I just got my Dark Flier Cordelia to lvl 20, using a Second Seal I see that I can change into other classes. I'm going to keep her on a flying mount, but will there be any downsides if I change her into a Falcon Knight from a Dark Flier? Will I lose the skills and stats I got during her time as a Dark Flier?

So I just got my Dark Flier Cordelia to lvl 20, using a Second Seal I see that I can change into other classes. I'm going to keep her on a flying mount, but will there be any downsides if I change her into a Falcon Knight from a Dark Flier? Will I lose the skills and stats I got during her time as a Dark Flier?

You'll lose or gain stats based off the difference in the class's base stats but that's about it, which isn't much.

You'll keep any skill you learned.

ohlawd

Stat gains are permanent. You will never lose them as the game keeps track of your gains by manipulating the fabric of space-time.

When you see some numbers go up and down, that's the game recalculating your stats because all classes have different caps and bases.

Skills are permanent too. Go crazy and learn all the skills Cordy can learn.

Draxal

She's a much better falcon knight than Dark flier. Ideally you would want to go back down to merc level to ten than hero it up. As she gets two very very good skills in armsthrift (from merc) and sol (from hero).

After that I transition her to a falcon knight as her final class.

A common endgame Cordelia build is Armsthrift (merc) Sol (hero) Galeforce (dark flier) Lancefaire (falcon knight) and Limitbreaker (DLC skill); with either Bride or Falcon Knight has her final class.

Top Bottom