• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
]blacky[;57479290 said:
Is the permadeath function active while playing DLC?

I recruited Marth in the first DLC, Ike was killed during battle. Was there a chance to recruit Ike, too?

Allies and enemies dying in the DLC doesn't mean anything. Each map only has one (if any) recruitable character, and you can't miss them, just have to beat the map.

You get Ike from Rogues and Redeemers 3.

Neiteio

There's actually some kinda development with Cynthia unlike the sudden love because you have a beautiful face with Severa. Severa and Brady just make a club.

You need to make Severa and Owain happen. The S-Rank turns the whole support on its' head in the best way. I don't know who I'd stick Brady with, but definitely not Severa or Cynthia. I made the mistake of doing Brady/Cynthia on my first run. Never again.

Brady x Noire is hella good. OTP material possibly. I gave him to Morgan though because she needed a partner and he gives her +9 magic when he's a sage.
Gah, you guys are screwing up everything! But I'll take your recommendations.

So if I put Gerome with Cynthia, and Brady with Noire, would Yarne go good with female Morgan? Because Yarne is my last eligible bachelor since Laurent is still moping around a mirage village...

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Gah, you guys are screwing up everything! But I'll take your recommendations.

So if I put Gerome with Cynthia, and Brady with Noire, would Yarne go good with female Morgan? Because Yarne is my last eligible bachelor since Laurent is still moping around a mirage village...

Don't do it man. You're better off leaving her single and alone than with Yarne. Everyone's favorite daughter with the worst kid ever? It's not worth it.

Neiteio

Don't do it man. You're better off leaving her single and alone than with Yarne. Everyone's favorite daughter with the worst kid ever? Don't do it.
*pinches bridge of his nose* Then who should I match with Yarne? Lucina is the only one of the children wed off so far. She's with Inigo, and that was a GREAT pairing.

Neiteio

Oh wait a sec, I have more bachelors than Yarne -- I also have Owain. How about Owain with Fem Morgan? And Kjelle with Yarne?

Ban Puncher

Up to Chapter 16 and was wondering, are the DLC battles (particularly the Scramble episodes) worth doing now or after the main campaign is over?

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Oh wait a sec, I have more bachelors than Yarne -- I also have Owain. How about Owain with Fem Morgan? And Kjelle with Yarne?

Everybody seems to hate Kjelle and Yarne so I'd imagine most would agree with that.

Up to Chapter 16 and was wondering, are the DLC battles (particularly the Harvest episodes) worth doing now or after the main campaign is over?

Difficulty varies, from relatively low level enemies you could beat around the time Outrealm Gate first opens up to stuff harder than the final chapter.

Most of the first season DLC is pretty uninteresting, and apart from the Scramble ones the second season is post-game stuff.

Neiteio

Everybody seems to hate Kjelle and Yarne so I'd imagine most would agree with that.
LOL, well OK then. I like both Kjelle and Yarne. I'll pair them up so I can see the alleged "one true pairings" of Gerome/Cynthia and Severa/Brady.

...oh wait, maybe Yarne and Nah would be interesting?

"Do I look like my mother in this?"

Not cute at all when you say it Male Morgan. Kinda creepy. Even to me.

Maybe I'm just too attached to female version <3

It'll only get weird if Male Morgan tries to be a pegasus knight.
Would be awesome if he could be a pegasus knight.

Neiteio

So guys, put your taste for the various characters aside, and tell me what's the more interesting pairing in terms of support convos:

Yarne x Kjelle
Yarne x Nah

Well?

Draxal

LOL, well OK then. I like both Kjelle and Yarne. I'll pair them up so I can see the alleged "one true pairings" of Gerome/Cynthia and Severa/Brady.

...oh wait, maybe Yarne and Nah would be interesting?

Owain/Severa is the OTP.

and yeah I put Yarne/Nah together it's not the greatest but bunny dragon hybrid is what they got going for them.

Neiteio

Owain/Severa is the OTP.

and yeah I put Yarne/Nah together it's not the greatest but bunny dragon hybrid is what they got going for them.
Owain/Severa is the OTP? But someone just said Brady/Severa is the OTP?

SOMEONE MATCH UP THE FOLLOWING (ALL OF THEM):

Gerome
Cynthia
Brady
Severa
Owain
Morgan (Fem)
Yarne
Nah
Kjelle

Yeah, there's one extra chick. Have at it!

Don't do it man. You're better off leaving her single and alone than with Yarne. Everyone's favorite daughter with the worst kid ever? It's not worth it.

Why must you deny her the fluffy ears she desires so much?!

If they weren't siblings I'd pair them in this playthrough. I already saw their S support in another file, but I didn't keep it because I'm trying to do all of them and that Yarne's not really trained at all so it's not as good of a husband in battle. The one in this current file though is a fluffy scaredy murder machine.

Draxal

Gerome
Cynthia
Brady
Severa
Owain
Morgan (Fem)
Yarne
Nah
Kjelle

Well, people are going to agree to disagree (I like Cynthia/Brady somebody else despised it).

For my playthrough I went
Severa/Owain
Lucina/Inigo (worth it for the threat at the end)
Cynthia/Brady
Morgan/Gerome
Nah/Yarne
Noire/Laurent (this one was by far the worst)
Kjelle forever alone.

You can youtube all videos of the supports(except all the repeated parent/child supports), I'd suggest doing that, everybody is going to have different tastes.

PK Gaming

Severa and Kjelle should be able to S-rank with each other

Kjelle having romantic feelings for Severa is actually somewhat canon

:(

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Noire x Laurent is so bad. I kept it though because I already paired up Brady. The magic boost they both give eachother as Sorcerer's is nice at least.

I agree with Severa x Owain though. So sweet. Too bad I got him to get with Lucina to keep the bloodline pure on my main save :x

I have a few characters at level 10 right now, and Donnel at level 9!!!

I'm not quite sure how reclassing should work. How do I know what it is best to reclass someone as? Do I just go by current need? Is there some flowchart I can follow?

I'm tempted to turn the Taguel chick into a Wyvern Rider, but I already have two flying units. Of course there's been a lot of sand lately.

I still have no clue what to reclass Donnel as.

I'm not quite sure how reclassing should work. How do I know what it is best to reclass someone as? Do I just go by current need? Is there some flowchart I can follow?

I'm tempted to turn the Taguel chick into a Wyvern Rider, but I already have two flying units. Of course there's been a lot of sand lately.

Just go by whatever you think will look cool. You really can't go wrong with reclassing.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member

Donnel should be a priority, and there's no reason to go Fighter with him. Mercenary gets him Armsthrift and can promote to Hero, which is a great class and gets him Sol. Furthers his beastitude.

In general, either go for skills from a class or go to a base class that can promote into a class that you want to end up in.

So I knew something was up with the fact generic enemies have portraits. While it was rare in previous FE games you don't face females outside of a few classes.

Also were (chapter 22 spoilers)
the dreadlords renamed in translation from the German numbers? The descriptions mention the numbers and IIRC they're consistent with the FE4/5 ones as in 1st is the armored one (gender is something you can throw in the air as IIRC the sniper swaps gender between FE4 and FE5)

Reclass to paladin
Just remember Rapiers are not Chrom exclusive, they are lord exclusive. It certainly threw me a bit when I was like, mounted units, "time to get out my rapi...grayed out, oops".

Donnel should be a priority, and there's no reason to go Fighter with him. Mercenary gets him Armsthrift and can promote to Hero, which is a great class and gets him Sol. Furthers his beastitude.

In general, either go for skills from a class or go to a base class that can promote into a class that you want to end up in.

I have to look over all those skills.

Anyway I'll check out Mecenary for Donnel. I probably would have gone with fighter, but thanks for the warning.

> Holy shiiiiiiiiiiiiit. Sol on Donnel would be. Holy fucccccck.

So I knew something was up with the fact generic enemies have portraits. While it was rare in previous FE games you don't face females outside of a few classes.

Also were (chapter 22 spoilers)
the dreadlords renamed in translation from the German numbers? The descriptions mention the numbers and IIRC they're consistent with the FE4/5 ones as in 1st is the armored one (gender is something you can throw in the air as IIRC the sniper swaps gender between FE4 and FE5)

Probably or at least a very call back to them. They could just be this world's version of them as in the Infinte Reglia DLC
there are hints that they are the fallen members of the first generation of this game's from a failed timeline.

Also,
I read that the reason for the gender swap between FE4 and FE5 is that the sniper could be Eyvel if you failed to save her at the end of the game.

Probably or at least a very call back to them. They could just be this world's version of them as in the Infinte Reglia DLC
there are hints that they are the fallen members of the first generation of this game's from a failed timeline.

Also,
I read that the reason for the gender swap between FE4 and FE5 is that the sniper could be Eyvel if you failed to save her at the end of the game.

Although I'm pretty sure the ones in the Infinite Regalia DLC are different from the ones in the main story judging from
Aversa's comment “What a coincidence—I once commanded twelve Deadlords of my own. Some of them your namesakes... Though from different corpses, no doubt... *Sigh* Ah, memories... Well, enough of that—I'll still destroy you all the same!”

Although I'm pretty sure the ones in the Infinite Regalia DLC are different from the ones in the main story judging from
Aversa's comment “What a coincidence—I once commanded twelve Deadlords of my own. Some of them your namesakes... Though from different corpses, no doubt... *Sigh* Ah, memories... Well, enough of that—I'll still destroy you all the same!”

Ah, never threw her against them.

I guess the ones in the main story are probably referencing the FE4/5 ones then.

Neiteio

OK, Yarne X Morgan is adorable.

As for the other children:

Gerome X Cynthia
Severa X Owain
Noire X Brady

Already did Lucina X Inigo.

Moonlight

Banned

Gerome
Cynthia
Brady
Severa
Owain
Morgan (Fem)
Yarne
Nah
Kjelle

True pairings:

Cynthia/Gerome
Severa/Owain
Noire/Brady
Lucina/Inigo
Yarne/Nah
Laurent/Kjelle (worst kids stay in the worst kid club)

It's best to keep Morgan pure if Inigo is unavailable, as your alternatives for her, the best kid, are two of the worst kids in the game, so try that on another playthrough. Morgan/Inigo is a fantastic support, too.

ohlawd

So when we say worst kids, we're talking personality right?

cuz Kjelle shits all over the majority of the kids otherwise. Pretty dang obvious the dad should be Donnel or Vaike and both produce a good Kjelle. Worth noting that both of these fathers aren't worth it for the other females except anyway Vaike x Cherche.

I will laugh at you if you mention Donnel x Tharja.

Neiteio

True pairings:

Cynthia/Gerome
Severa/Owain
Noire/Brady
Lucina/Inigo
Yarne/Nah
Laurent/Kjelle (worst kids stay in the worst kid club)

It's best to keep Morgan pure if Inigo is unavailable, as your alternatives for her, the best kid, are two of the worst kids in the game, so try that on another playthrough. Morgan/Inigo is a fantastic support, too.
What do you mean by "worst kids?" Like, you don't like their personalities and/or stats? There are no gameplay drawbacks to any second-gen pairing since the kids don't produce kids of their own, right?

Morgan and Yarne have been really cute together so far. Have you watched their supports?

Draxal

So when we say worst kids, we're talking personality right?

cuz Kjelle shits all over the majority of the kids otherwise. Pretty dang obvious the dad should be Donnel or Vaike and both produce a good Kjelle. Worth noting that both of these fathers aren't worth it for the other females except anyway Vaike x Cherche.

I will laugh at you if you mention Donnel x Tharja.

Donnel X Nowi produces a godly Nah; she actually makes very good use of Underdog. I gave my Vaike to Maribelle, because I wanted to get an axefaire Brady.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Well, Laurent definitely isn't one of the worst gameplay-wise since he gets Sorcerer w/ Tomefaire from his mom alone. Anything dad tosses his way is just a bonus (unless it happens to be a big negative magic modifier).

Moonlight

Banned
What do you mean by "worst kids?" Like, you don't like their personalities and/or stats? There are no gameplay drawbacks to any second-gen pairing since the kids don't produce kids of their own, right?

Morgan and Yarne have been really cute together so far. Have you watched their supports?
I mean worst kids in terms of personality, yes. Because Kjelle and Laurent mostly have terrible supports (Kjelle has the Severa support, at least) that are the same thing with dry escalations to S-Rank. They deserve each other.

And I refuse to use or support a character that's not Nah with Yarne on principle.

ohlawd

Donnel X Nowi produces a godly Nah; she actually makes very good use of Underdog. I gave my Vaike to Maribelle, because I wanted to get an axefaire Brady.
When you think about it, Nah has no use for Galeforce. She's slow and she can't possibly double everything thus not being able to kill on your turn. She can't abuse Galeforce effectively.

She's best used as an uber tank and let her destroy enemies on the enemy turn.

Draxal

When you think about it, Nah has no use for Galeforce. She's slow and she can't possibly double everything thus not being able to kill on your turn. She can't abuse Galeforce effectively.

She's best used as an uber tank and let destroy enemies on the enemy turn.

She's still able to use it, and having Donnel as her dad passes Sol/Axebreaker/Bowbreaker (she has the other 2 breakers from her mom/missing tomebreaker).

He's a godly dad for her, as he also passes Patience/Underdog.

Neiteio

Fine, I'll make something else up then.

Arranged Marriages Awakening |OT2|
Ha, excellent!

This is my first foray into Fire Emblem. I'm in the U.S., so I started back in Feb, but haven't finished due to Metal Gear Rising, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon and BioShock Infinite. Now I'm back into Fire Emblem, and it's just a marvel, the addictive combo of battling (with the awesome hard-hitting animations), equipping/optimizing (thank you based convoy and L button for quick optimization), and support conversations (a sweet reward for pairing up characters on the battlefield). The superb writing, lovely graphics and warm soundtrack are just a joy. And the 3D effect is superb -- those bottomless gorges! Those birds flying up high! The parapets that rise out of the screen!

Such a great game. Now on Ch. 19.

Draxal

Ha, excellent!

This is my first foray into Fire Emblem. I'm in the U.S., so I started back in Feb, but haven't finished due to Metal Gear Rising, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon and BioShock Infinite. Now I'm back into Fire Emblem, and it's just a marvel, the addictive combo of battling (with the awesome hard-hitting animations), equipping/optimizing (thank you based convoy and L button for quick optimization), and support conversations (a sweet reward for pairing up characters on the battlefield). The superb writing, lovely graphics and warm soundtrack are just a joy. And the 3D effect is superb -- those bottomless gorges! Those birds flying up high! The parapets that rise out of the screen!

Such a great game. Now on Ch. 19.

My fav 3d effect is the wyverns flying in the background in Gerome's stage.

There's too much to think about in this game, so many characters, so many classes, so many skills, so many children, so many possible pair ups. I've just got a load of dark fliers and swordmasters at the moment and hoping things will turn out fine.

My avatar doesn't seem as overpowered as I want him to be, I've only had him as tactician and grandmaster, what should I do to get him some more defence. I just got Morgan, so now I've got her to worry about too.

Neiteio

I just discovered that during missions, any character you highlight -- whether it's an enemy, ally or one of your units -- can be examined in a model viewer where you can zoom and pan. You just hit the + icon on their portrait in the upper-left of the touchscreen when you select them on the grid. (Or maybe it's a magnifying glass icon)

Top Bottom