• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

So, remind me who's the most optimum partner for Lissa? I've been constantly pairing him up with Vaike for my past three or four games, but I'm starting to undergo the impression that there are better partners for her (and thus Owain).

Is it bad that I've stopped using Lissa ever since I got Maribelle?

Also when I finally level Donnel to 10, what should I reclass him as?

Not really, though you can't go wrong with two healers as long as you are properly keeping them safe.

Yeah I considered using two healers but haven't needed the hassle. And I decided a cleric with 7 move was better than a cleric with 5 move.

Oh and Sumia is my MVP. So amazing. So amaaaazing. Especially when paired with Kellam. Tempted to add Cordelia (another PKnight) to my group.

I also got Gaius. Dunno if I like him. He's weak but pairs well with others. And his ability (which I forgot to use when I first got him and missed what I'm sure was an awesome treasure) is cool.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So, remind me who's the most optimum partner for Lissa? I've been constantly pairing him up with Vaike for my past three or four games, but I'm starting to undergo the impression that there are better partners for her (and thus Owain).

Henry to complement her magic modifiers and her defense weaknesses?

I chose him because they are adorable together though. Killing birds is so romantic.

Yeah I considered using two healers but haven't needed the hassle. And I decided a cleric with 7 move was better than a cleric with 5 move.

I would say they both are great, but I have been having bad luck with them in my most recent game, both being incredibly squishy and incredibly not wanting to dodge anything.

one_kill

Oh and Sumia is my MVP. So amazing. So amaaaazing. Especially when paired with Kellam. Tempted to add Cordelia (another PKnight) to my group.

I also got Gaius. Dunno if I like him. He's weak but pairs well with others. And his ability (which I forgot to use when I first got him and missed what I'm sure was an awesome treasure) is cool.
PKnights are good since they can reclass to Dark Fliers and get the awesome Galeforce skill.

As for Gaius, it'll be good if you match him with a female who can't access the PKnight class as he'll automatically give it to his daughter.

I don't think I had to heal once when I played on Normal lol.

Lissa is a bit more useful now in the early stages of Hard. Is she useful as a War Cleric or should I make her a Sage?

Lissa is a bit more useful now in the early stages of Hard, Is she useful as a War Cleric or should I make her a Sage?

As much fun as it is to SMASH THINGS WITH AN AXE, her strength growth has probably been terrible, so Sage would be better.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Vaike for Owain is great. Good magic and strength. Also, dat hair looks best on Owain. Only downside is no armsthrift.

PKnights are good since they can reclass to Dark Fliers and get the awesome Galeforce skill.

As for Gaius, it'll be good if you match him with a female who can't access the PKnight class as he'll automatically give it to his daughter.

Oh god, don't tell me that pairing people up in battle somehow makes them have offscreen sex and have daughters.

Also Dark Fliers seem cool.

CorvoSol

Got
Priam and Emmeryn
today. Honestly, I felt the latter's map was harder than the former's. Mostly because the former was just "SURVIVE FIVE HUNDRED GUYS" and the latter's was "GET HERE OR YOU LOSE. YOU HAVE A TURN TO DO IT."

backlot

Got
Priam and Emmeryn
today. Honestly, I felt the latter's map was harder than the former's. Mostly because the former was just "SURVIVE FIVE HUNDRED GUYS" and the latter's was "GET HERE OR YOU LOSE. YOU HAVE A TURN TO DO IT."

Or just use a Rescue Staff.

one_kill

Lissa is a bit more useful now in the early stages of Hard. Is she useful as a War Cleric or should I make her a Sage?
Go for Sage then use a second seal once she's level 20 or has gotten the skills you want to make her into a Dark Flier.

demidar

Also the easiest way to raise staff levels and healers. Cause it's not like enemies will be hurting you once you start reclassing.

I don't reclass until my units hit 20. That might've been a mistake but oh well. When my Chrom hit 20 I just made him redo Lord again. Now he's a Great Lord after finishing the seconds lap and I can essentially send him in paired with Sumia and he will literally kill EVERYONE by himself.

Green stats mean they've hit the cap right?

I don't reclass until my units hit 20. That might've been a mistake but oh well. When my Chrom hit 20 I just made him redo Lord again. Now he's a Great Lord after finishing the seconds lap and I can essentially send him in paired with Sumia and he will literally kill EVERYONE by himself.

Green stats mean they've hit the cap right?

Yes, green means capped.

Neiteio

OK, I'm in Paralogue 16, inside a castle, and the final group of enemies are behind a locked door... but I sent all the door keys to the convoy. How the hell am I supposed to open this door and beat them? Is there a way to access the convoy from the middle of the mission? I can't get in there... No lockpicking characters onboard at the moment.

EDIT: Whoops, never mind, apparently Chrom can access it.

Anteo

OK, I'm in Paralogue 16, inside a castle, and the final group of enemies are behind a locked door... but I sent all the door keys to the convoy. How the hell am I supposed to open this door and beat them? Is there a way to access the convoy from the middle of the mission? I can't get in there... No lockpicking characters onboard at the moment.

Chrom, and anyone at his side can acces the Convoy. Is a command just like Pair up or Trade

demidar

OK, thanks. Hey, is it possible to go into a mission without Chrom? If so, what would one do in that situation?

You're screwed.

Ah well there's a chance an enemy would be holding a key behind his posse, to punish you for not preparing properly, but all story missions so far force Chrom. Paralogues as well since they sometimes require the Talk action.

Well now I feel dumb. Because I had to send in a score of Galeforce users to get to her and keep her alive while I scrambled to make the walk.

I sent in a galeforce to recruit her
then sent in another galeforce to kill the boss

one turn victory hey-o

OK, thanks. Hey, is it possible to go into a mission without Chrom? If so, what would one do in that situation?

Considering I exclusively use DLC/SpotPass characters, Chrom is funnily enough my only story character with any stats capped simply because he's been paired up mandatorily in so many maps.

Pretty much every single map not made for grinding requires that son of a gun.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
It's a shame you already have access to Galeforce, Sumia. Your support with Gaius was kinda sweet, but I need him to spread his seed to someone without that skill.

Neiteio

Thanks for the answers, guys. :)

Also, missing out on Laurent stings my soul... Stings! I watched his recruitment convo and parent supports in a YouTube video, but it irritates me endlessly not having him in my Pokedex... I mean Roster. ;)

GOTTA CATCH 'EM ALL.

Oh well. I got Nightwing, now promoted to a Wyvern Lord and courting Superior Silver-haired Severa. (Or more like she's annoying him about his mask...)

This game. Now that BioShock Infinite has loosened its grip, I've been back to FEA with a vengeance! Now done with all paralogues and just completed Ch. 17 or 18 (the one where
Basilio is best by Walhart
).

Moonlight

Banned
Oh well. I got Nightwing, now promoted to a Wyvern Lord and courting Superior Silver-haired Severa. (Or more like she's annoying him about his mask...)
Before you consider doing this, try the Cynthia/Gerome support.

Unless, y'know, you've already married off Cynthia.

Neiteio

Before you consider doing this, try the Cynthia/Gerome support.

Unless, y'know, you've already married off Cynthia.
Erm, no, I haven't -- Cynthia's like B-rank with Brady, and so is Gerome with Cynthia. Are you suggesting I have Gerome tie the knot with Cynthia instead, or just go through the first support or so?

Moonlight

Banned
Erm, no, I haven't -- Cynthia's like B-rank with Brady, and so is Gerome with Cynthia. Are you suggesting I have Gerome tie the knot with Cynthia instead, or just go through the first support or so?
Try out taking Cynthia and Gerome to A rank and see how you like it. I sure did!

Busaiku

Ok, I think 17 Limit Breakers is enough.
Still, looking at the stats of the last enemies, I dunno how I'm gonna handle that...

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Ok, I think 17 Limit Breakers is enough.
Still, looking at the stats of the last enemies, I dunno how I'm gonna handle that...

You can take 20 units in that fight I think, so assuming the three that don't have it are a couple rally bots and someone who is going to be pair up fodder, you should be good.

Top Bottom