• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

Whwn you guys say grinding, do you mean they way you could replay certain maps like in Sacred Stones to raise characters?

On anothr note, I was replaying FE7 and I just beat it yesterday. It's still as great as ever. Normal seems easier than I remembered because I only had two characters that reached the max level, Jaffar and Florina, and I got through it without much problem. Still love it.

Pretty much, expect in this game you can summon enemies onto the world map with an item that's easily buyable, so you can grind accordingly with your level.

There's also SpotPass team grinding as well as DLC map grinding, which are all repeatable.

Gvaz

Banned
So I messed up with chom/olivia and accidentally apparently married chrom to Sumia.

I'm trying to get as many kids as possible with galeforce, did I screw up my plans?

I thought you were supposed to be married at the end of chapter 12 not chapter 11...

Draxal

So I messed up with chom/olivia and accidentally apparently married chrom to Sumia.

I'm trying to get as many kids as possible with galeforce, did I screw up my plans?

I thought you were supposed to be married at the end of chapter 12 not chapter 11...

You're fine, Lucina will not get armsthrift/vantage/sol/swordfaire ... but its not like she really needs them.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Lucina can't get Armsthrift and Sol no matter what. (Edit: Well, apart from FeMU, forgot about her).

She'll miss the Myrmidon tree but get Knight and Cleric in it's place. She already had Cavelier for Great Knight, so that's not really a good trade off, in my opinion.

Draxal

Lucina can't get Armsthrift and Sol no matter what.

She'll miss the Myrmidon tree but get Knight and Cleric in it's place. She already had Cavelier for Great Knight, so that's not really a good trade off, in my opinion.

Ya, my newest Lucina has femmu for mom and recieved armsthrift through her, so that's my bad. General gives her aegis so she's trading out pavise for vantage/swordfaire (or pass/assassinate).

GamerSoul

Pretty much, expect in this game you can summon enemies onto the world map with an item that's easily buyable, so you can grind accordingly with your level.

There's also SpotPass team grinding as well as DLC map grinding, which are all repeatable.

That sounds great. I never minded grinding in Sacred Stones so it's all good.

Wow I am pretty sure Donnel could solo most of these story missions right now. Jeeeeeeeesus I love him so goddamn much. And my Avatar is borderline broken. I one shot almost everything with magic and I made the mistake of going Mage instead of Dark Mage so I went Sage to avoid having another horse unit. I wish I had known about the Sorcerer class prior to that decision.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Wow I am pretty sure Donnel could solo most of these story missions right now. Jeeeeeeeesus I love him so goddamn much. And my Avatar is borderline broken. I one shot almost everything with magic and I made the mistake of going Mage instead of Dark Mage so I went Sage to avoid having another horse unit. I wish I had known about the Sorcerer class prior to that decision.

Get Tomefaire from Sage, then go to Sorcerer. Makes it even better.

You can do some fun things with your avatar as a Sorcerer though. I forged a Ruin tome (max MT, rest on hit) and used Vantage+Wrath+Gamble and could regularly get 85% or higher critical rates on R&R3. On weaker enemies with less luck I was usually close to 100%.

Secret shop on world map had a
Hammerne staff
on sale. Didn't expect that. It looks like I've seen all the special goods that can be sold there now...

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Do I use a Master Seal or a Second Seal? I'm all out of Second Seals for now. And do I wait until I max out Sage?

You get Tomefaire at level 15 as a Sage. Then you would use a second seal to go straight to Sorcerer.

Unless you have all the skills you want, there's no reason to get to level 20 in a promoted class. Best to reclass at either 5, 10, or 15 depending on what your goal is.

Oxx

Maybe I haven't completely broken the difficulty curve. I went into one of the child recruitment missions a bit too casually and had a rough time of it (and reset).

You get Tomefaire at level 15 as a Sage. Then you would use a second seal to go straight to Sorcerer.

Unless you have all the skills you want, there's no reason to get to level 20 in a promoted class. Best to reclass at either 5, 10, or 15 depending on what your goal is.

Ah I see. When do I get a steady supply of second seals?

Tom_Cody

Secret shop on world map had a
Hammerne staff
on sale. Didn't expect that. It looks like I've seen all the special goods that can be sold there now...
Secret shop, are you just talking about the shops that pop up periodically on random locations on the world map?

ohlawd

How is 50% activation unreliable??

There's no way in hell you can get a Skill stat of 100 for you to get an Aether proc of 50%.

We can change that 100 into a 90, same thing. By then, we're looking at a <50% proc. That's just me, I don't like those odds.

Chrom

I believe it is actually possible to have Aether going at ~50% for Lucina, but the way you'd have to set it up wouldn't be very fun or practical.

I'm working on Chrom Inigo and so far I haven't paired him up with anyone that wasn't a dude or Lissa. Now I'm thinking that he might have gotten some support points from standing next to other female units. Does that factor in or does he actually need a support conversation for the preference to kick in?

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
How is 50% activation unreliable??

Uh, Skill/2, even with limit breaker, is like 30% tops. (60 ish skill). Pair up may add another 2-3 % with the right pair ups.

Rightful King adds another 10%, so that's 40-ish, max.

Basically, it's unreliable to 'count' on to save your ass.

edit: whoops, beat.

Now I'm thinking that he might have gotten some support points from standing next to other female units. Does that factor in or does he actually need a support conversation for the preference to kick in?

IIRC, the hearts will go on forever, but I think progress is 'stopped' until you do the appropriate support rank. Then you have to start from that baseline until you reach the next rank.

edit: Oh, standing. Yeah, that won't work. Needs to be battles or healing or jumping in to support.

Chrom

I'm working on Chrom Inigo and so far I haven't paired him up with anyone that wasn't a dude or Lissa. Now I'm thinking that he might have gotten some support points from standing next to other female units. Does that factor in or does he actually need a support conversation for the preference to kick in?

It's not possible to gain support points from just standing next to each other unless the units actually engage in combat with each other (including healing and dancing).

Having Chrom activate a C support with any female other than Olivia will lock Inigo from ever being Chrom's son, so spam Olivia's dancing if you're trying to go for that.

ohlawd

k I ran some numbers. Someone can fix it if there's something wrong.

Female MU with Skill/Luck x youknowwho

Lucina as an Assassin has 54 Skill

+10 from Limit Breaker
+10 from Rallies (Skill, Spectrum, Heart)
+2 from temp boost (Tonic, Tiki's Tear, etc)

54 + 22 = 76

Now we can pair her up. I don't know what class provides the best pair up bonuses for Skill but I'll just assume it's +8 with an A/S rank support.

Now that's 84 Skill.

42% with Aether. And another 10% cuz Rightful King.

End result: 52%

Okay, I like that better now. Too bad it's totally not viable.

Gvaz

Banned
Uh, Skill/2, even with limit breaker, is like 30% tops. (60 ish skill). Pair up may add another 2-3 % with the right pair ups.

Rightful King adds another 10%, so that's 40-ish, max.

Basically, it's unreliable to 'count' on to save your ass.

edit: whoops, beat.

IIRC, the hearts will go on forever, but I think progress is 'stopped' until you do the appropriate support rank. Then you have to start from that baseline until you reach the next rank.

Yeah I was thinking 50-60 skill in my head, so about 30% or so.

None of the skills activate enough to save your ass other than like pavise, so it's not worth counting on any of the skills anyways.

Is it bad that I'm only using the same handful of units now instead of leveling up my entire squadron?

The game is fun, though there's way too many damn flying units right now.

edit: Oh, standing. Yeah, that won't work. Needs to be battles or healing or jumping in to support.

It's not possible to gain support points from just standing next to each other unless the units actually engage in combat with each other (including healing and dancing).

Having Chrom activate a C support with any female other than Olivia will lock Inigo from ever being Chrom's son, so spam Olivia's dancing if you're trying to go for that.

Alright, cool. The support conversation is the only relevant part. That's a relief since I've been scared to use Chrom for much of anything

Not really, just use whoever you like.

I'm starting to really dislike Chrom and
his daughter.
Lord feels like a shitty class, but maybe because I prefer killing power while Lord is more geared towards indirect support through passives. But it feels like they can't attack anything without losing half their life.

Maybe my problem is that I'm comparing most everyone to Donnel... jesus christ why would they put someone that broken in the game? I love magikarp type units.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
He gets pretty useless in the endgame from what I hear.

Your avatar, chrom and the children has way more potential to be broken in the main game. Hell, any unit with access to sorcerer is broken.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
What's your best ASSET/FLAW combination?
I just got the game today, and drowned during the opening.

He gets pretty useless in the endgame from what I hear.

Your avatar, chrom and the children has way more potential to be broken in the main game. Hell, any unit with access to sorcerer is broken.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Fuck don't tell me that. Nobody can even lay a dent on him right now, literally. I don't think he's taken a single damage since reclassing. I can't imagine him becoming useless. :(

Chrom is sucking hard right now.

I also haven't gotten any children yet, but if they are somehow more broken than Donnel I'm going to jizz my pants.

I went +Magic, -Resist I think. Magic based main character. He is doing great right now. Can dish out insane amounts of damage. One shots most everything. Two shots most bosses.

ohlawd

Go Str/Mag/Speed for asset
Luck for flaw.

Most people did that on their 1st run I reckon. Just follow the lead!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Fuck don't tell me that. Nobody can even lay a dent on him right now, literally. I don't think he's taken a single damage since reclassing. I can't imagine him becoming useless. :(

I also haven't gotten any children yet, but if they are somehow more broken than Donnel I'm going to jizz my pants.

Donnel has crap caps and his class selections don't give him any favors. He's well known for giving female daughters the Pegasus Knight and Mercenary lines. That's his true purpose in this game.

Well, when they say that Donnel doesn't hold up as well they don't mean anywhere in the story though that's for sure, because he can still massacre everyone and everything in the main story by himself. The thing about Donnel is that he develops the fastest, but ends up having the lowest stat caps of the group overall, so when all is said and done he ends up outclassed by many characters, but that's not really something you have to worry about any time soon.

And yes, all of the children are pretty much objectively better than all 1st gen characters when raised properly.

Donnel has crap caps and his class selections don't give him any favors. He's well known for giving female daughters the Pegasus Knight and Mercenary lines. That's his true purpose in this game.

Well, when they say that Donnel doesn't hold up as well they don't mean anywhere in the story though that's for sure, because he can still massacre everyone and everything in the main story by himself. The thing about Donnel is that he develops the fastest, but ends up having the lowest stat caps of the group overall, so when all is said and done he ends up outclassed by many characters, but that's not really something you have to worry about any time soon.

And yes, all of the children are pretty much objectively better than all 1st gen characters when raised properly.

This children crap sounds complicated. Is there a guide out there?

Does the main character fizzle out or is he still good for late game content outside the main story?

Aexact

Unless you're thinking of maxing everyone out, I don't think you have to worry about Donnel falling behind.

He has a workable skill selection and Aptitude gives him a lead that no one can really catch up with unless you're fully gearing them. And fully gearing people isn't necessary, it's just an exercise in absolute power.

Top Bottom