• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Main character can get very beastly if you consider your asset/flaw correctly. Plus the fact he can have access to all of the classes in their gender means you can min max your skill selection all you want.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Fuck don't tell me that. Nobody can even lay a dent on him right now, literally. I don't think he's taken a single damage since reclassing. I can't imagine him becoming useless. :(

Chrom is sucking hard right now.

I also haven't gotten any children yet, but if they are somehow more broken than Donnel I'm going to jizz my pants.

I went +Magic, -Resist I think. Magic based main character. He is doing great right now. Can dish out insane amounts of damage. One shots most everything. Two shots most bosses.

Alright, I will do Magic/Resist. Should I soft-reset my speed is 13 while everything else is 16 and 15?

Busaiku

War Monk, Assassin or Trickster for Gerome

You mean Yarne, not Inigo, right?
Trickster, Paladin or General for Yarne

edit: just like to add that I hate you Gerome! You have the worst growths ever!

Er whoops, I forgot it was Yarne I wanted, his dad is Lon'qu.

Chrom gets far outclassed, but yeah he's still decent enough with his skills.

If you need a guide to anything go here
http://serenesforest.net/fe13/index.html

Edit: Oh, the avatar? He's always one of the best due to being able to be anything it wants.

Is there a dumbed down guide that just flat out tells you who to wed to which chick and which classes and skills to take? Because looking at the child list and possible fathers and skills and inheritances is just way too much information right now.

Jintor

Next time through in like a few years or something when I run in through I wonder if it's possible to run a second gem crew with every character with galeforce

Chrom

It's the first two chapters.
Doesn't include the prologue.

Prologue is definitely in the demo. Premonition (the pre-prologue) is the one that isn't, if we're going to be technical. :p

k I ran some numbers. Someone can fix it if there's something wrong.

Female MU with Skill/Luck x youknowwho

Lucina as an Assassin has 54 Skill

+10 from Limit Breaker
+10 from Rallies (Skill, Spectrum, Heart)
+2 from temp boost (Tonic, Tiki's Tear, etc)

54 + 22 = 76

Now we can pair her up. I don't know what class provides the best pair up bonuses for Skill but I'll just assume it's +8 with an A/S rank support.

Now that's 84 Skill.

42% with Aether. And another 10% cuz Rightful King.

End result: 52%

Okay, I like that better now. Too bad it's totally not viable.

Lucina's skill set ought to be Rightful King, Aether, Skill +2, All Stats +2, and Limit Break if you want to optimize Aether procs.

Before you add in Rightful King, Lucina already has 88 Skill with all of those buffs, and it'd be 97 if you also got lucky in the barracks for +4 Skill and had her using Mystletainn for +5 Skill.

So you divide 97 by 2 and you'd get either 48 or 49% for Aether (I forget if it rounds up or down). Add +10% for Rightful King and that's almost 60% total.

...Needless to say, setting all this up is silly.

Speaking of TSON...

On my first run, I'm planning to try fighting the stronger wave of enemies for that Emblem instead of obtaining Katarina.

More so, because I just want the extra challenge when going up against everyone.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Hmm could always throw tiki onto Say'ri for support.....since her options are nearly nonexistant.

Yeah, they're always paired up for me. I usually kill someone with Say'ri and switch to Tiki after since she has better def and res.

ohlawd

Hmm someone earlier in the thread told me it was best to promote units at level 20. Why not level 15?

If a unit's fresh, best to level them up to lvl 20 to take advantage of lower exp gains.

...Needless to say, setting all this up is silly.

Thanks for the additional stuff. Forgot about those skills, temporary boost from barracks and +5 skill weapons.

Rallies have to be done every turn too or you lose 10 Skill if you don't. So gimmicky but someone can run with it.

Kincaido

Yeah, I expect it in two weeks.

Hmm, Tiki gives +9 Def and Res to Say'ri. That's pretty good.

ffdgh

Oh good. I not prepared yet for it.

Hmm between the choice of 2 male rally bots, I Have prince marth and jaffar fully capped from the days of despoiling for money on hard before caving for the golden gaffe, Who would be better?

Edit: Neat, Lucky 7777 :D

Kincaido

Hmm between the choice of 2 male rally bots, I Have prince marth and jaffar fully capped from the days of despoiling for money on hard before caving for the golden gaffe, Who would be better?

Try to level up Palla in the two weeks if you have her. She has access to all the rally skills.

ohlawd

Neither.

Neither of them can get Rally Love.

Prince Marth (is this the one with all Dual Skills+?) is nice but he already takes up 3/5 skill slots so less Rallies. Jaffar has Galeforce but he's not going to be killing anything....

Draxal

Doesn't matter really, they shouldn't be hit at all. One would probably need rally str/spectrum/skill/def and luck while the female one would bring mag/love/speed/mov and resis.

ffdgh

I was going for male/female rally bot but she access to all of them? Palla it is then.

Now to throw on a paragon and make a quick trip through tactician/Grandmaster for Veteran/Spectrum.

Chrom

I was going for male/female rally bot but she access to all of them? Palla it is then.

Now to throw on a paragon and make a quick trip through tactician/Grandmaster for Veteran/Spectrum.

Female Morgan inheriting Rally Strength from her dad would also have access to all of them, but if that's not a choice, it's just Palla and DLC Katarina.

Yeah, there's 3 Marths right?

King (the boring one with RK), Prince and DLC Marth?

Yep. I wish DLC Marth was just called Marth and not Prince Marth like the other one.

ffdgh

I'm going to assume Palla is DLC since I can't find that name in the bonus box...

Oh well bride Eirika will make a nice replacement.

ohlawd

I'm going to assume Palla is DLC since I can't find that name in the bonus box...

Oh well bride Eirika will make a nice replacement.

Palla's from Roster Rescue, the 3rd map from the Challenge Pack DLC.

Any Spotpass female can work. No males since no Heart.

Draxal

Female Morgan inheriting Rally Strength from her dad would also have access to all of them, but if that's not a choice, it's just Palla and DLC Katarina.

Being Nitpicky here, but all female kids of the avatar can potentially have access to all rally skills (my severa does as well). (and yes I probably should have passed axefaire off to Severa).

Chrom

Being Nitpicky here, but all female kids of the avatar can potentially have access to all rally skills (my severa does as well).

Ah, that's true. I keep thinking the other female kids can't because I'm always thinking they don't have access to Grandmaster even when they're kids of the female Avatar.

ohlawd

Being Nitpicky here, but all female kids of the avatar can potentially have access to all rally skills (my severa does as well). (and yes I probably should have passed axefaire off to Severa).

Swordfaire with a Ragnell is good enough for a Hero hmm?

Kincaido

My Severa has both Ragnell and Hellswath. She mostly uses swords though.

Swordfaire with a Ragnell is good enough for a Hero hmm?

Dat +5 defense and being able to attack 2 spaces away with Armsthrift is so good. Too bad it looks kinda silly lol.

Espada

I'm in a bind folks. I got a skill someone told me was super useful (Luna) and then I'm told there's another good skill called Aegis. Unfortunately it seems like it'll involve a switch down to Cavalier than 10 levels until I can change to the class that has it. And then that class doesn't learn it until 15.

Should I just make her a Wyvern Rider and be on my merry way? Is Aegis that good?

XeroSauce

What's the best place to grind for maxing that takes minimal effort?

DLC: Lost Bloodlines 3, Exponential Growth
Non-DLC: Risen Maps (Arena Ferox, that Owain Map)

Just pair up and skip the turns using Auto-Turn (Blitz) and pressing start. Give your guy a 1-2 range weapon.

Draxal

I'm in a bind folks. I got a skill someone told me was super useful (Luna) and then I'm told there's another good skill called Aegis. Unfortunately it seems like it'll involve a switch down to Cavalier than 10 levels until I can change to the class that has it. And then that class doesn't learn it until 15.

Should I just make her a Wyvern Rider and be on my merry way? Is Aegis that good?

Which char? Aegis is good but it's usually combined with pavise and sol(or sorceror) to make a super tank.

I'm going to say its really not worth it.

XeroSauce

If you get your promoted unit (aka the one that learned Luna, cause it has to be promoted into a Great Knight to learn Luna) to Level 10 or above, then use a Second Seal on them, they can change to any of their availible promoted classes. Therefore, you can switch directly into Paladin and just get to level 15 for Aegis without having to go back down to Cavalier.

Aegis is pretty awesome for melee types or Generals. Fliers, too.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

You don't have to switch down to cavalier, just second seal after lvl 10 and you can change to another promoted class, which is paladin I'm guessing?

Espada

Which char? Aegis is good but it's usually combined with pavise and sol(or sorceror) to make a super tank.

I'm going to say its really not worth it.

If you get your promoted unit (aka the one that learned Luna, cause it has to be promoted into a Great Knight to learn Luna) to Level 10 or above, then use a Second Seal on them, they can change to any of their availible promoted classes. Therefore, you can switch directly into Paladin and just get to level 15 for Aegis without having to go back down to Cavalier.

Aegis is pretty awesome for melee types or Generals. Fliers, too.

You don't have to switch down to cavalier, just second seal after lvl 10 and you can change to another promoted class.

Ah, thanks for the outpouring of support guys. This sounds much more doable than before. The reason I'm so interested in that skill is because I heard it cuts damage from magic and bows. My goal is to make Sully a dragon rider and that would be awesome to have.

Top Bottom