• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Saw the Severa stage mentioned often. Had kind of a bittersweet experience on that one. Blocking her from advancing, everything going well, but one of her guardians became at risk during the last third of the stage. He did end up falling and I decided to not reset...as it was a wyvern-riding Virion, her father. Won't be seeing their convos but it just seemed right to let the retirement happen there.

And his Severa kicks ass. Like her with that flat-blue hair color as well.

;_;

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
I did it the normal way.

I never touched her. She'd make her way to Holland at her own pace while I cleared the enemies standing in her way.

No Rescue, no nothing.

Same. I protect my daughter the old fashioned way!

Yagharek

Saw the Severa stage mentioned often. Had kind of a bittersweet experience on that one. Blocking her from advancing, everything going well, but one of her guardians became at risk during the last third of the stage. He did end up falling and I decided to not reset...as it was a wyvern-riding Virion, her father. Won't be seeing their convos but it just seemed right to let the retirement happen there.

And his Severa kicks ass. Like her with that flat-blue hair color as well.

Wait, can you recruit those guardians? What chapter is this???

Kincaido

Norne and Rebecca were the only archers I really liked. Well, I like Noire too, but I changed her to a sorcerer :x

Virion has awesome supports, but I only really used him my first play through.

I-it's not like I needed your protection!

Hnngh.

Yagharek

It's ok, most folks don't really care about Virion (as a unit anyway)

W-what?

Die, with magnificence™!

I find he has been one of the most useful characters all round, just keep him in the middle of groups and the range for his counters usually serves as a strong finishing blow.

Favorite archers? I have like at least one from each game!

Gordin, Norne, Faval, Tanya, Wolt, Klein, Wil, Rebecca, Louise, Neimi, Rolf, Noire

There's a good deal of female archers whose names start with N.

It's ok, most folks don't really care about Virion (as a unit anyway)

Part of the reason I just moved on rather than reset and redo what really isn't a hard level (on norm/classic). But letting what happened to Virion stand oddly made me like the character more as he played out in my game better. On this first game, I put him and Cordelia together for the uncommon hell of it.

luokyl

Favorite archers? I have like at least one from each game!

Gordin, Norne, Faval, Tanya, Wolt, Klein, Wil, Rebecca, Neimi, Rolf, Noire

There's a good deal of female archers whose names start with N.

Now that I think about it, I don't really like any Fire Emblem archers. Rolf kicked ass as a unit, but I wasn't really a big fan of his character.

Snipers on the other hand. Shinon, who else could make a shot like that? No one, that's who.

Archers in general seem to have a fairly reserved personality (especially male), while the Snipers are completely badass.

Draxal

Well no, but as a Sniper Class he is invaluable in chapters with any flying units. His range is very handy too.

He's just completely outclassed by magic users in this game due to wind magic, and archers coming with the worst skills possible.

He's a much better story character than he is a gameplay character.

Mind you snipers aren't horrible, as double bow + a strong support character really helps, problem is that he's a bad offensive sniper (no offensive skills like luna ... which Noire has access to).

ohlawd

He's just completely outclassed by magic users in this game due to wind magic, and archers coming with the worst skills possible.

He's a much better story character than he is a gameplay character.

Mind you snipers aren't horrible, as double bow + a strong support character really helps, problem is that he's a bad offensive sniper (no offensive skills like luna ... which Noire has access to).

Don't forget that Virion can reclass to a Mage ;o

Draxal

Don't forget that Virion can reclass to a Mage ;o

He's a shitty mage though. All the first gen mages trump him. Ricken/Lissa/Maribelle/Miriel; he does beat out Cherche though. He's an okay pa for a magic Severa but that's pretty much it (if you're saving Ricken/Henry/Libra for other chars), and he's okay to use on Inigo because Inigo's impossible to fuck up.

K' Dash

So, I just started this, and they're kicking my ass in the first freaking chapter :(, never played a FE before, are there any tips for newcomers?

I'm playing on hard and classic btw...

So, I just started this, and they're kicking my ass in the first freaking chapter :(, never played a FE before, are there any tips for newcomers?

Yeah, don't play hard and classic if you have no clue what you're doing. Normal provides tutorials and stuff.

Also don't overuse Frederick. L+R+Start/Select is soft reset.

ffdgh

Hmm there's your problem. Bump it down to Normal/classic so you won't get overwhelmed in the next few chapters.

K' Dash

Yeah, don't play hard and classic if you have no clue what you're doing. Normal provides tutorials and stuff.

Also don't overuse Frederick. L+R+Start/Select is soft reset.

Hmm there's your problem. Bump it down to Normal/classic so you won't get overwhelmed in the next few chapters.

OK, thanks for the advice, but isn't Normal braindead? I mean, I don't want to press A to win...

If you stick with it, game becomes a cakewalk after Chapter 4!

I'll try.

luokyl

OK, thanks for the advice, but isn't Normal braindead? I mean, I don't want to press A to win...

If you've ever played a Fire Emblem game before, Hard/Classic is reasonable. The only thing I found unreasonable is that enemy reinforcements appear and attack on the same turn.

I'll try.

No, Normal isn't 'Press A To Win' easy unless you grind a lot or you're familiar with Fire Emblem (which most people in this thread are). If you don't know what you're doing in FE, it'll provide plenty of challenge.

Lurky

What should my last skill be? Right now I have sol, astra, skill + 2, and counter. I'm keeping my character as an assassin afterwards.

Lurky

Can't say I like that set at all lol.

No Armsthrift, Ignis, Luna, any -faire skills, Pavise, Aegis, Vantage, etc?

I was thinking of getting swordfaire, bowfaire, or ignis as my last skill. I gave pavise or aegis to the other people on my team and ignis is on both Nah and Morgan. And I gave luna to anybody else that could get it.

Draxal

What should my last skill be? Right now I have sol, astra, skill + 2, and counter. I'm keeping my character as an assassin afterwards.

Honestly, I'd drop astra/skill +2 and counter. All three are pretty weak skills(astra's not bad but sol's better and it'll be stealing the sol procs a good amount of the time); you really only want one activated offensive skill and sol/luna ... are the ones that you want it to be (ignis is better than luna in the early game, but luna is better when the guys have monster monster def/res).

Lurky

Honestly, I'd drop astra/skill +2 and counter. All three are pretty weak skills(astra's not bad but sol's better and it'll be stealing the sol procs a good amount of the time); you really only want one activated offensive skill and sol/luna ... are the ones that you want it to be (ignis is better than luna in the early game, but luna is better when the guys have monster monster def/res).

Thanks I'll keep that in mind. Although I'm not so sure about taking off counter since recently some dude that streetpassed me found out who I was and told me how much it pissed him off. Apparently I killed his maxed out Gangrel and my team killed off his Ricken plus some other guys I don't really care about.

Draxal

Thanks I'll keep that in mind. Although I'm not so sure about taking off counter since recently some dude that streetpassed me found out who I was and told me how much it pissed him off. Apparently I killed his maxed out Gangrel and my team killed off his Ricken plus some other guys I don't really care about.

Counter's easily beaten; it only works on adjacent units; it's only real use is for trolling streetpass teams (like you just did there); as he probably didn't bother to check your skills.

ohlawd

Counter's great on Snipers for StreetPass trolling. Or I guess anything that can use a Bow with no other weapon types equipped.

I would try to at least have Armsthrift somewhere in there. Ragnell and Brave Sword/Bow fun!

Lurky

Okay so I'll replace skill+ 2 and astra with bowfaire and luna then get armsthrift. I'll also keep counter for trolling purposes too. Thanks guys <3

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So, cynthia with luna, pavise, aegis, galeforce and relief.

Should I keep her as a general or change her? She has access to wyvern lord, paladin, great knight and falcon knight as classes I care about.

CorvoSol

All I know is that more people need to know that Gregor is Best Guy. Gregor should have had a swimsuit, party hat, and yukata scene. All at once. Because he is GREGOR.

Also, why can't Gregor have conversations with Anna? Think about it, even more than the so-called thief in your party, Gregor cares about cash almost as much as Anna. The two would be perfect together.

Why don't you think more about Gregor, GAF? Gregor thinks of you.

one_kill

All I know is that more people need to know that Gregor is Best Guy. Gregor should have had a swimsuit, party hat, and yukata scene. All at once. Because he is GREGOR.

Also, why can't Gregor have conversations with Anna? Think about it, even more than the so-called thief in your party, Gregor cares about cash almost as much as Anna. The two would be perfect together.

Why don't you think more about Gregor, GAF? Gregor thinks of you.
I like Gregor because Gregor save Panne from solar eclipse. Panne is brave, but Gregor is bravest.

Draxal

So, cynthia with luna, pavise, aegis, galeforce and relief.

Should I keep her as a general or change her? She has access to wyvern lord, paladin, great knight and falcon knight as classes I care about.

Falcon Knight for lancefaire (and spam rescue staves), or Sage for Tomefaire (spam rescue staves) then you can go back to Dark Flier.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Eh, not too hot on dark fliers honestly.

Also I'm not really sure if I want to get rid of any of her current skills. Maybe relief for lancefaire.

Dresden

Had to retry chapter 5 a few times because random air rider dudes would sweep in and murder Lissa or Ricken. >.>

I think Kellam leveled up like five times just holding a chokepoint. Do I need to worry about stat growth much?

Kincaido

Had to retry chapter 5 a few times because random air rider dudes would sweep in and murder Lissa or Ricken. >.>

I think Kellam leveled up like five times just holding a chokepoint, fun times. Do I need to worry about stat growth much?

I always keep track of their range. That level is really dangerous for weaker characters. Damn boss even moves in that chapter. You don't have to worry about stat growths at all in this one since you can use second seals to repeat any class and level up all stats until you max everything out.

Top Bottom