• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Guys, I need some help here. I've been training
Lucina
and at some point she started getting green numbers in her stats. It's even more obvious now that I'm trying to change her to another class, since almost all of them have a slew of green numbers.

#1 What do the green numbers mean?

#2 What class should I put her in (she's been a Lord, Great Lord, and General)?

Green numbers mean you hit the stat cap for that class.

If she doesn't have Galeforce you could make her a Dark Flier, though she probably won't be great with magic. Paladin isn't a bad class for her.

Lot of it depends on who the mother is so we know what classes she has access to.

Espada

Green numbers mean you hit the stat cap for that class.

If she doesn't have Galeforce you could make her a Dark Flier, though she probably won't be great with magic. Paladin isn't a bad class for her.

Lot of it depends on who the mother is so we know what classes she has access to.

Damn, is there anyway around the stat cap or is that basically it?

The skills she has are:

Aether (she came with this)
Rightful King
Aegis (from when she was a Paladin)
Pavise (she got this just now as a General)
Galeforce (she came with this)

Sumia is her mom, and in the reclassing sceen these are my options:

Great Lord (Str, Skill, Lck are green)
Paladin (same as Great Lord)
Great Knight (same as Great Lord)
Bow Knight (same as Great Lord)
Sniper (Str, Lck are green)
Falcon Knight (same as Sniper)
Dark Flier (same as Great Lord)
War Cleric (same as Great Lord)
Sage (same as Sniper)
Lord
Cavalier
Knight
Archer
Pegasus Knight
Cleric

Those last 6 light up like a green traffic light.

Espada

well theres a DLC skill called limit breaker which extends the caps by 10....but you don't need it at all.

That sounds nice but I don't really have money to spare for DLC. Is there an ability that can boost spear power? Like chaosblade said Paladin seems really nice for her (and she was fun to use in that role) and I want to make spears stronger.

Edit: This game would be much better if we could see which abilities were learned in which jobs. I have so many notes on this game right now, it's ridiculous.

ffdgh

That sounds nice but I don't really have money to spare for DLC. Is there an ability that can boost spear power? Like chaosblade said Paladin seems really nice for her (and she was fun to use in that role) and I want to make spears stronger.

Edit: This game would be much better if we could see which abilities were learned in which jobs. I have so many notes on this game right now, it's ridiculous.

Ladies that have access to Falcon Flier get a skill called lance faire which adds +5 when using a spear at 15

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu

http://serenesforest.net/fe13/skills.html

Chrom

Why does the barracks allow me to level up S-rank relationships?

It's cute and all, but...

Well, it'd be simpler to tell you what you earn even if you can't make use of it anymore, rather than to cease doing so just because you can't.

Is there any point to Tiki? My galeforce & Apptitude Nah looks like she'll end up as a much better dragon.

The kids always end up better than the adult characters. They (almost always) get more jobs to choose from, better stat caps and better stat increases. So no, there isn't much reason to use Tiki.

PK Gaming

Is there any point to Tiki? My galeforce & Apptitude Nah looks like she'll end up as a much better dragon.

In a non grind playthrough she's hilariously broken. Her recruit is kind of dumb, but her bases + growths let her solo the rest of the game on pretty much any difficulty.

Well THAT makes those skills a lot more appealing.

I'm not a big fan of Dark Flier, mainly because it doesn't do anything I can't get without the bow vulnerability. That's why I was thinking Bride. Lances and Tomes, but no wings. She already got Galeforce from Sumia. Who was sort of a bad Dark Flier. But if Cynthia is going to be a magic support, I know that a Galeforce Sage is pretty sweet. That's how Lissa runs. With Katarina's Bolts for critical hits. Go on, gank the healer, I dare you. I could use someone else with A rank Staves, come to think of it.

Why is Celica's Gale so good? It's a Brave Wind tome as far as I can tell. Now Elwind, just Wind. Also what game is she from? We're only just up to Shadow Dragon here, so I'm not sure I can call on her to buy that tome yet. Summoned Tiki to buy a Dragonstone+ for Tiki... just because I could.

Actually, what named weapons are worth making a note of? I like some Titania's Axes because they're great axes at low skill requirement, much like Roy's Blade is. Is there a Lance equivalent?

If it's the Wind and Arrow weaknesses you're worried about, you could always put the DLC skill Iote's Shield on her.

In a non grind playthrough she's hilariously broken. Her recruit is kind of dumb, but her bases + growths let her solo the rest of the game on pretty much any difficulty.

Makes her perfect to use on a second play through. It's a shame, she looks a lot cooler than Nah.

"Rescue" severa over and over so she won't suicide while you have everyone else get rid of the enemies so she can talk to the villager.

The units are crazy powerful too

My Vaike got taken out by a single Trickster and he's one of my best characters ;_;

I'm gonna go for Owain now that I've got Galeforce and Renewal with Lissa and Libra. My army of Galeforce babbies is slowly coming together

Gvaz

Banned
Bah for some sick reason Lucina inherited Olivia's +2 speed instead of +2 luck since I reclassed Olivia as a pegasus knight :/

I thought the skills were locked once S rank was completed. bleh.

Children inherit whatever is in the last skill slot. Also for other kids: You can see what their stats skills are if you enter their prologue. If you don't like it, exit out and come back in when they're switched around.

Follows the logic that wind and arrows will clip their wings and send them crashing down injuring the rider compared to blocking the axes and swords with their scales.

I understand that's the purpose of it, but in reality, the perspective suggests that the rider falls all of 2 metres. Not exactly a deadly fall. I might be thinking too much into it, but it really breaks immersion and feels cheap. They could have balanced the Rider classes better than that, I feel.

Anteo

Bah for some sick reason Lucina inherited Olivia's +2 speed instead of +2 luck since I reclassed Olivia as a pegasus knight :/

I thought the skills were locked once S rank was completed. bleh.

No, Avalible classes and Max possible stats are locked when you get the S rank. You can manipulate the 3rd and 4th skill and starting stats

I understand that's the purpose of it, but in reality, the perspective suggests that the rider falls all of 2 metres. Not exactly a deadly fall. I might be thinking too much into it, but it really breaks immersion and feels cheap. They could have balanced the Rider classes better than that, I feel.

The thing is that the Riders are supposed to fly really high, at least in other FE games. In SS I had a support conv with 2 raiders saying that they could only hear the sounds of their beasts when they fly that high (so they could not talk to each other in battle). And in RD there was one chapter where you only had aerial units and fought above the clouds.

No, Avalible classes and Max possible stats are locked when you get the S rank. You can manipulate the 3rd and 4th skill and starting stats

The thing is that the Riders are supposed to fly really high, at least in other FE games. In SS I had a support conv with 2 raiders saying that they could only hear the sounds of their beasts when they fly that high (so they could not talk to each other in battle). And in RD there was one chapter where you only had aerial units and fought above the clouds.

There was also that scene in FE7 where Florina has to fly over to Eliwood's army and the enemy army can see her flying high above. And also in Radiant Dawn when two flying units engaged the battle took place in the clouds.

So I have a Yarne who is the offspring of Gregor x Panne. What skills do I want on him? I already passed down Armsthrift and Deliverer.

edit: Deliverer, not DSupport+

Yeah, but in saying that, logic would denote that if that were the case, Swords/Axes/Spears should be completely ineffective towards them, because they're supposed to be out of reach.

Instead, you have heavies that apparently can jump like Neo. It's inconsistent.

Oxx

I haven't played a story mission in quite a while.

Too many streetpass/spotpass opponents and child chapters.

Why the hell does my Donnel x Sully Kjelle have such terrible stat caps?

I have her as a Cavalier right now and she has capped 4 stats at 27, and one at 34... the hell is it so low?

OceanBlue

Why the hell does my Donnel x Sully Kjelle have such terrible stat caps?

I have her as a Cavalier right now and she has capped 4 stats at 27, and one at 34... the hell is it so low?

Cavaliers have low caps because almost all unpromoted regular classes have low caps. Promote her.

Sol/Armsthrift/Axefaire (he's a berserker)/and what ever filler skills you want here.

When you say he is a Berserker do you mean that should be his final class?

Anyway that's super easy to get on him since he has Armsthrift already! Just gotta put him in Hero class for 5 levels and then switch to Barbarian.

So I'm in the middle of a turn (right now, as I post this) and Stahl has low health and is right next to an enemy unit. I want to change his equipment, but I can't get to him with a healer. Will changing his equipment use up his move for the turn, or can I have him change equipment AND use an Elixir?

CSX

So I'm in the middle of a turn (right now, as I post this) and Stahl has low health and is right next to an enemy unit. I want to change his equipment, but I can't get to him with a healer. Will changing his equipment use up his move for the turn, or can I have him change equipment AND use an Elixir?

changing equip weapon can be done without wasting turn, using the Elixir ends the turn

Chrom

You can change your equipment as many times as you want without using up your turn. Using the Elixir will end it.

Time to play support emblem. I've been doing on easy spotpass teams a formation of:
Code:
1-4 are single units who support lead unit of unit 5 who is a pair (1-4 are also unequiped). Unit 5 kills anything (move the formation if it helps). Support points are gained for 1-4 and partner of 5.

This setup is quite crazy when #5 has despoil, armshift, 49 luck and you are rallying luck. I like just sold 65 bullions. Its a shame those are being used for rescue staffs on anyone who can use them (well, almost anyone actually).

I'm also nowhere near done and I see it getting pesky as I get too many S ranks unlocked as I have to scroll past them to even check if I've unlocked anything new.

I'm not viewing the S-ranks so I can obtain as near 100% as I can for the gallery via copying the save before the conversation, probably won't bother with generic parent <> child as there are too many of those.

Yeah, but in saying that, logic would denote that if that were the case, Swords/Axes/Spears should be completely ineffective towards them, because they're supposed to be out of reach.

Instead, you have heavies that apparently can jump like Neo. It's inconsistent.

Well, they have to fly lower to reach their enemies :p

There is some fleeting logic but when applied to a game you'll get situations like bombers having their movement impeded by submarines.

I'll imagine having any air unit being impeded by a non-air unit would be pretty weird.

But otherwise, death will be rain down by wvyern knights. Oh the memories of FE6~

Saw the Severa stage mentioned often. Had kind of a bittersweet experience on that one. Blocking her from advancing, everything going well, but one of her guardians became at risk during the last third of the stage. He did end up falling and I decided to not reset...as it was a wyvern-riding Virion, her father. Won't be seeing their convos but it just seemed right to let the retirement happen there.

And his Severa kicks ass. Like her with that flat-blue hair color as well.

ohlawd

I did it the normal way.

I never touched her. She'd make her way to Holland at her own pace while I cleared the enemies standing in her way.

No Rescue, no nothing.

Top Bottom