• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

McNum

Thats to stop them getting married and dying after a child is created (that would be a paradox). They also retain support ranks for similar reason (no multiple marriages in FE...even if you kill your wife, mates for life you are) which is unlike the GBA FE games or Path of Radiance*.

*-I wound up with Sorren dead but it meant Ike could support Ranulf instead.
It does, however, cause a small "Hey, wait a minute..." moment as while the mothers can't die, the fathers can. Doesn't that imply that all the mothers are pregnant already?

Oxx

I streetpassed an absolute monster team today. Renown was like 12k.

Are blue weapons forged? And green stats are maxed-out?

Not sure whether to recruit or buy all his weapons.

I streetpassed an absolute monster team today. Renown was like 12k.

Are blue weapons forged? And green stats are maxed-out?

Not sure whether to recruit or buy all his weapons.

Yes, blue are forged, green are capped.

I usually end up buying their items than actually recruiting them.

Though would adding them to the avatar book and then resummoning them let me buy their items over and over?

NeonZ

Thats to stop them getting married and dying after a child is created (that would be a paradox). They also retain support ranks for similar reason (no multiple marriages in FE...even if you kill your wife, mates for life you are) which is unlike the GBA FE games or Path of Radiance*.

It has nothing to do with paradoxes. Changing the future didn't erase Lucina and co, in spite of those versions of them not existing in the new future. The main problem is that the mothers (and also some characters, like Lissa and Frederick) are often mentioned in support conversations that don't involve them. If you look at the child's supports, most children never mention their father in the present outside of supports with them, but they can mention their mothers. Female Morgan works in the opposite way, she can mention her father, but she'll never talk about her mother outside of supports with her own mother or shinning tile quotes with her.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
It does, however, cause a small "Hey, wait a minute..." moment as while the mothers can't die, the fathers can. Doesn't that imply that all the mothers are pregnant already?

It's basically what Nah accuses her father of (Donnel in my case, dunno if it's different depending on the father) :)

McNum

It's basically what Nah accuses her father of (Donnel in my case, dunno if it's different depending on the father) :)
Nah: "What I don't get is why you had to marry her so fast, unless you got her-"
Nah's Father: <SUSPICIOUSLY SPECIFIC DENIAL!>

If it wasn't for Anna/Tiki's A Support, it would easily have been my favorite support in the game. Poor Donny looked so embarrassed.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Are the children and opposite parent support dialogues always the same for all those parents?

Are the support dialogues for Male MU and Female MU any different with the rest of the characters? (Of course the A,B,C ones only).

Are the children and opposite parent support dialogues always the same for all those parents?

Are the support dialogues for Male MU and Female MU any different with the rest of the characters? (Of course the A,B,C ones only).

Besides some line changes to reflect who the father is, they are pretty much the same thing.

Some of the MU supports are different depending on your gender. Lon'qu is definitely different since you know, he isn't scared of men.

ChanHuk

Banned
Just got the game and I'm in chapter 8. For MU do you guys have them as a caster or melee type? So far I've been running around with this party:

Chrom
MU
Lissa
Maribelle
Sully
Stahl
Lon'qu
Vaike
Sumia
And random people to fill up the roster.

You can protect another unit. You can make sure you also always get support points between the two character if they are compatible without having to always move them up next to each other.

Hmm? I didn't realise there was an inherent compatibility between characters. I presumed that you could pair anyone with anyone thus improving their compatibility there-forth onwards. Your comment seemed to imply some are not compatible with others - but from what I've seen, I can pair anyone I want??

Chrom

Hmm? I didn't realise there was an inherent compatibility between characters. I presumed that you could pair anyone with anyone thus improving their compatibility there-forth onwards

You can use the Pair Up mechanic with any pair of characters, which leads into the utilization of the Dual System, where two of your units fight together in battle. If the characters are support-compatible (everyone has their own list which can be viewed in-game), their bonds improve as they continue to fight together, and as they initiate special support conversations with each other, they become more capable of assisting each other in battles and earn stat bonuses like improving hit and critical hit rates.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Dual system and pair up are two different things, but they go together.

The dual system is where you have two characters together in battle, and the second character has a chance to attack the enemy or defend you depending on your support rank and stats. This works when two non-paired up units are side by side on the field, or with two units that are paired up.

Pairing gives you the above, plus the stat bonuses that you can see when you use the pair command.

So what skills do I want on my Olivia mothered Lucina?

Luck +4 for completion.

You could also go for Galeforce, but that just means grinding Olivia instead of Lucina, who's a better fighting unit.

Or if you meant a Skill set, I was actually making one today.

Aether, Rightful King, Astra/Galeforce, Lethality, Swordfaire/Limit Break.

Luck +4 for completion.

You could also go for Galeforce, but that just means grinding Olivia instead of Lucina, who's a better fighting unit.

Or if you meant a Skill set, I was actually making one today.

Aether, Rightful King, Astra/Galeforce, Lethality, Swordfaire/Limit Break.

Bah for some sick reason Lucina inherited Olivia's +2 speed instead of +2 luck since I reclassed Olivia as a pegasus knight :/

I thought the skills were locked once S rank was completed. bleh.

Draxal

Bah for some sick reason Lucina inherited Olivia's +2 speed instead of +2 luck since I reclassed Olivia as a pegasus knight :/

I thought the skills were locked once S rank was completed. bleh.

It's fine,

I'd go Armsthrift/Aether/Swordfaire/Rightful King/Galeforce myself for Lucina. The armsthrift is for the forged Brave Swords/Spears. And that's ignoring great skills like Luna/Sol/Dual Strike +/Dual Guard +.

demidar

Have about 46 Luck for my Donnel with Armsthrift. That basically means a weapon can be used 20x longer. I'm getting so many bullions from Lief's Blade.

When he gets A rank in swords I'm gonna give him Sol just to make a mockery of the enemy.

Trojita

Does any character get 50 Luck stat? Not ever wasting a weapon would be nice.

I was super disappointed when I didn't use any stat gain items all game and was saving all of the ones I amassed, and then found out you can't level up a stat that is max.

Draxal

I was super disappointed when I didn't use any stat gain items all game and was saving all of the ones I amassed, and then found out you can't level up a stat that is max.

They pretty much all do with limitbreaker, and they should be coming close to hitting 50 with pair up bonuses (obviously they have to be in the lead for that to work).

Just flat 50 Luck or higher without Limit Breaker would be Owain as Donnel's son, Brady as Donnel's son or Nah as Donnel's daughter.

ffdgh

Donnel naturally has 48 luck and pairing him up will give him atlease 51. His kids could reach 50 depending on the mom.

It's fine,

I'd go Armsthrift/Aether/Swordfaire/Rightful King/Galeforce myself for Lucina. The armsthrift is for the forged Brave Swords/Spears. And that's ignoring great skills like Luna/Sol/Dual Strike +/Dual Guard +.

Buhhhhhh thats gonna take so much grinding!

Also I know people recommend getting the kids a bit later since their starting stats are based off those of the parents, but is there any harm in getting the kids ASAP if I can? I'm going to be grinding them up to max stats anyway.

Buhhhhhh thats gonna take so much grinding!

Also I know people recommend getting the kids a bit later since their starting stats are based off those of the parents, but is there any harm in getting the kids ASAP if I can? I'm going to be grinding them up to max stats anyway.

The chapter you recruit the kids could be pretty tough depending on which kid it is.

demidar

Donnel so good. He's probably the second person to get 80 health behind Chrom.

Cherche's son is probably the hardest map I've played out of all the child recruiting paralogues I've played so far.

McNum

Damn, any help on the Tiki map? There are gryphons everywhere and they reach Tiki way too quick...
Don't pair up for this one. You get enough units to form a wall, do this:

Code:
EDGE OF MAP
    XXX

No one can reach Tiki like that. You will have an extra unit available to roam, make that someone who can heal, if needed. Or place Lissa(or another Staff user) with a Physic or better yet, a Fortify in the square north of Tiki. Or someone powerful enough to actually go out and hunt the enemy. As long as you leave no gaps in the wall.

All you have to do then is take the hits and counter. Don't make an opening in the wall, they'll go for Tiki, but if they can't reach her, they'll attack your weakest link. Consider an unarmed General to draw in enemies, maybe. Or Lon'qu with a powerful sword and Vantage.

demidar

Damn, any help on the Tiki map? There are gryphons everywhere and they reach Tiki way too quick...

You can try forming a wall on one side and putting your killers on the other, but the enemies will attack the weakest in range if they can't reach Tiki.

Do you have Rally Strength/Magic/Spectrum? That would be immensely useful to up your damage, and try and position your units to get the maximum benefit for double attacks. Otherwise you might have to grind a bit. Goes without saying but field as many wind spells, bows and wyrmslayer/beast slayer weapons as you can, and throw in Olivia too as she won't get attacked (provided she's not walling Tiki off).

I don't even use Tiki. :/

edit: I did it on hard which is why I couldn't put up a complete wall.

McNum

If Kellam has Rally Defense, it's immensly useful here, too.

Also, here's a dirty little trick to do, too:

Code:
EDGE OF MAP
The person on R being a staff user with a Rescue Staff. Rescue Tiki. Since South and West is blocked by one of your units, she can't be put there, so she'll be put to the east of the Rescuer. Two squares away from the nearest point an enemy can reach.

Now make an even better wall, with paired up units and possibly Kellam with Rally Defense and a javelin in the spot where Tiki was. Or just someone who can take a ranged hit and deal damage back, but it's the perfect Rally spot.

demidar

If Kellam has Rally Defense, it's immensly useful here, too.

Also, here's a dirty little trick to do, too:

Code:
EDGE OF MAP
The person on R being a staff user with a Rescue Staff. Rescue Tiki. Since South and West is blocked by one of your units, she can't be put there, so she'll be put to the east of the Rescuer. Two squares away from the nearest point an enemy can reach.

Now make an even better wall, with paired up units and possibly Kellam with Rally Defense and a javelin in the spot where Tiki was. Or just someone who can take a ranged hit and deal damage back, but it's the perfect Rally spot.

Because the units are so close together, the weakest link is probably gonna get hit 7 times a turn. So make your weakest unit a dark mage with Nosferatu lolololol.

Trojita

Dual system and pair up are two different things, but they go together.

The dual system is where you have two characters together in battle, and the second character has a chance to attack the enemy or defend you depending on your support rank and stats. This works when two non-paired up units are side by side on the field, or with two units that are paired up.

Pairing gives you the above, plus the stat bonuses that you can see when you use the pair command.

Wow I completely forgot to mention that.

McNum

Because the units are so close together, the weakest link is probably gonna get hit 7 times a turn. So make your weakest unit a dark mage with Nosferatu lolololol.
Well, yeah. When I did it, they all went after either Lon'qu since as a Swordmaster, his defense wasn't that high, and Chrom, because, you know "KILL THE LORD!!!". I imagine the Avatar would be excellent bait, too. Especially if it doesn't have a ranged weapon equipped.

Basically, it's a defense mission. You need people that can take a hit, and you need to play spart. Don't quip the most powerful weapons either, as "death by awesome" is likely here. That is a character that kills every enemy that attacks him, but takes a bit of damage each time. He'll die on the enemy phase from being attacked over and over.

Wait, what 's special about it?
You heal for half of the amount you do in damage. So a Sorcerer can take a hit, and heal it right back up on the counter attack.

demidar

Wait, what 's special about it?

Lifesteals 50% of damage dealt. Cannot steal life off overkilling.

Well, yeah. When I did it, they all went after either Lon'qu since as a Swordmaster, his defense wasn't that high, and Chrom, because, you know "KILL THE LORD!!!". I imagine the Avatar would be excellent bait, too. Especially if it doesn't have a ranged weapon equipped.

Basically, it's a defense mission. You need people that can take a hit, and you need to play spart. Don't quip the most powerful weapons either, as "death by awesome" is likely here. That is a character that kills every enemy that attacks him, but takes a bit of damage each time. He'll die on the enemy phase from being attacked over and over.

They never targeted Chrom for me, he was my strongest unit and his Falchion is anti-dragon. Free kill every turn.

The wall was only erected improvised, I was roaming with all my units for the first three turns but it naturally formed when I was getting pushed back.

Top Bottom