• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

Also, on hard mode, is it just me, or are Reeking Boxes 10x the price of the ones in Normal?

Yeah, the difference is huge.

You can fight the Spotpass teams instead for free if you want. You can summon them over and over which I thought was a bit strange. I expected there to be a cool off period of some sort.

CorvoSol

Yeah, the difference is huge.

You can fight the Spotpass teams instead for free if you want. You can summon them over and over which I thought was a bit strange. I expected there to be a cool off period of some sort.

Yeah but I won't be able to fight them for awhile, will I? I mean, I couldn't even DAMAGE the boss in the Regna Ferox gate mission with anyone other than Frederick. I'm in desperate need of leveling up, and some people who are made of paper, like Sumia and Miriel, aren't going to cut it any way other than training against whatever is easiest.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
It's only a little bit hard until chapter 4. After that you can summon the spotpass characters or go to the Outrealm Gate as much as you want.

daxgame

GAF, I have a simple question.
I'm before the sidequest to get Yarne, and I have to choose if I should ally with the red army, the green army or fight both.

So the question is... is there any difference if I make a choice or another (in general, not about Yarne) ? I searched for walkthroughs but couldn't find anything...

My no reset rule didn't last long. I got to chapter 3 or 4 and lost Sumia on the pegasis almost immediately.

This is my first fire emblem, so I was kind of bummed when there wasn't any dialogue from the other characters achnowledging a characters death. Unless maybe it's not til the end of the battle?

Jintor

Noire is murdering fools. Her and Nah are nonsensically powerful, especially compared to Lucina who is a similar level (and even higher on internal levels) but has craptacular stats.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
My no reset rule didn't last long. I got to chapter 3 or 4 and lost Sumia on the pegasis almost immediately.

This is my first fire emblem, so I was kind of bummed when there wasn't any dialogue from the other characters achnowledging a characters death. Unless maybe it's not til the end of the battle?

Lost characters aren't really acknowledged at all. Except maybe at the end of the game, some games (or all of them, I don't remember) will tell where they fell when it tells you what all the characters go on to do after it's over.

Lost characters aren't really acknowledged at all. Except maybe at the end of the game, some games (or all of them, I don't remember) will tell where they fell when it tells you what all the characters go on to do after it's over.

Yeah, that was kind of dissapointing. It was funny for that specific mission because Sumia dies and then the MC and Chrom start talking about riding the pegasis with her. :lol

Jintor

GAF, I have a simple question.
I'm before the sidequest to get Yarne, and I have to choose if I should ally with the red army, the green army or fight both.

So the question is... is there any difference if I make a choice or another (in general, not about Yarne) ? I searched for walkthroughs but couldn't find anything...

Dunno. The villagers give you a lot of shit if you just murder the lot of them though.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, you get different rewards based on which group you pick, and fighting both is best since you can access all four villagers and I think you get the best reward after you finish it?

Busaiku

The game does want you to play through easier difficulties before going up.
That way you get stuff like Renown Awards and whatnot.

Of course you don't necessarily need them, but it makes stuff like Lunatic slightly easier for those first few chapters.

Anteo

Hard mode is hard, guys :(

Also, on hard mode, is it just me, or are Reeking Boxes 10x the price of the ones in Normal?

Yeah my first time at Hard was.. Hard. I needed some grinding and whatnot. It's so satisfying when you manage to do a Hard run with no grinding, and still get a party of 8 characters that can handle themselves without dying.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I like how Wood (Owain) causes a random piece of wood to be laying on the floor in the barracks.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Owain means wood?

His Japanese name is Wood. Just Wood
KuGsj.gif

This is probably been asked a billion times but, help me pick husbands for all the waifus

So far I have

Chrom x Olivia
MaMu x Tharja
Lon'qu x Cordelia
Vaike x Sully
Stahl x Cherche

I was thinking

Sumia x Frederick
Maribelle x Henry
Miriel x Ricken

The rest I have no idea

Arranging all these marriages is tough ;_;

Buying this tonight, pretty pumped. Flubit gave me a £27 deal, but rather than wait days for postage I'm just going to go buy it from a store. Hopefully won't have any issues finding it a month after release.

Coldsnap

I just unlocked the street pass features in chapter 3. I have a ton of new items in my street pass menue, stuff that looks powerful like Gae Bolge etc, does everyone get this or is it from street passing at GDC?

This is probably been asked a billion times but, help me pick husbands for all the waifus

So far I have

Chrom x Olivia
MaMu x Tharja
Lon'qu x Cordelia
Vaike x Sully
Stahl x Cherche

I was thinking

Sumia x Frederick
Maribelle x Henry
Miriel x Ricken

The rest I have no idea

Nowi x Gaius gave me a really good Nah. Their supports together were actually kinda sweet honestly.

Donnel is also a good alternative if you don't feel comfortable about Nowi's situation.

Can't say much about Panne, besides her and Gregor supports being good.

Draxal

So far I have

Chrom x Olivia
MaMu x Tharja
Lon'qu x Cordelia
Vaike x Sully
Stahl x Cherche

I was thinking

Sumia x Frederick
Maribelle x Henry
Miriel x Ricken

The rest I have no idea

Sumia X Henry ... Sumia X Frederick kinda sucks for their kid.
Maribelle X Ricken
Nowi X Donnel
Panne X Gregor
Lissa X Libra; I went with Frederick while not her Ideal; he does give Owain Luna and Dual Guard + access. Libra is probably his best gameplay option .
Miriel X Gaius or Virion (he's kinda one of the kids that is impossible to fuck up, I think his best dad is Lon'Qu for all that speed but he's already taken).

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Laurent is messed up no matter what because he can never get Galeforce. Horrible mother.

No babbies for old Fred seems to be the concensus. Thanks dudes

Aside from giving Galeforce to sons (or to save time on daughters) is there anything significant I should pass on to the kids?

Draxal

Laurent is messed up no matter what because he can never get Galeforce. Horrible mother.

He can't get galeforce but he has built in Tomefaire/Dark Magic access + can get dual support + from the mum/aggressor/limitbreaker. He's an amazing support character (probably want him as a sage for those bonuses thought).

Aside from giving Galeforce to sons (or to save time on daughters) is there anything significant I should pass on to the kids?

Dual Support + for gerome/laurent. Deliver or lancebreaker for yarne (I wouldn't bother both skills kinda suck in his ideal class - Berserker.

Axefaire for the fathers who can pass it if the kids going to be an axe user; Sol if Gaius has a daughter; Wrath or Zeal for Noire/Morgan.

Busaiku

Which pairings result in the optimal number of Swordmaster and Sorceror children?
Minus Chrom and Sumia though, that'll never change.

Depending on the pairing, if the father can become a Fighter and his child is going to be a daughter and can't be a Merc, you would look into passing down either Sol or Axebreaker.

For Cherche and Miriel, you could look into passing down Dual Support+ as their kids can't learn it.

NeonZ

Yeah, that was kind of dissapointing. It was funny for that specific mission because Sumia dies and then the MC and Chrom start talking about riding the pegasis with her. :lol

In Awakening, basically any character who appears in any story scenes after their first mission in your party don't really die, they're just wounded and can't fight anymore. That includes Sumia and most early female characters, also Frederick and Virion.

Anteo

Acutally, Sumia can't die. She just gets out of battle and never joins again. Otherwise Future Past dlc wouldn't make any sense.

In Awakening, basically any character who appears in any story scenes after their first mission in your party don't really die, they're just wounded and can't fight anymore. That includes Sumia and most early female characters.

All the potential mothers don't die in this game and instead just retreat.

Dual Support + for gerome/laurent. Deliver or lancebreaker for yarne (I wouldn't bother both skills kinda suck in his ideal class - Berserker.

Axefaire for the fathers who can pass it if the kids going to be an axe user; Sol if Gaius has a daughter; Wrath or Zeal for Noire/Morgan.

Depending on the pairing, if the father can become a Fighter and his child is going to be a daughter and can't be a Merc, you would look into passing down either Sol or Axebreaker.

For Cherche and Miriel, you could look into passing down Dual Support+ as their kids can't learn it.

Now to somehow remember all this

All the potential mothers don't die in this game and instead just retreat.
Thats to stop them getting married and dying after a child is created (that would be a paradox). They also retain support ranks for similar reason (no multiple marriages in FE...even if you kill your wife, mates for life you are) which is unlike the GBA FE games or Path of Radiance*.

*-I wound up with Sorren dead but it meant Ike could support Ranulf instead.

Top Bottom