• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

Draxal

Thanks, I will check them out first. Is one of these the Marth map? Is he all that great?

No, the Marth map is the the easiest map there is so it could help your really really pathetic characters level. But if you are playing on hard or lower you can just use Mist's spotpass instead.

MicH

I am a bit curious. I just rewatched the Giant Bomb Quick Look and they talked about Donnel. Does he ever become good?

Can't wait to get this tomorrow!

Chrom

I am a bit curious. I just rewatched the Giant Bomb Quick Look and they talked about Donnel. Does he ever become good?

Yeah, Donnel can quickly become a very good unit. It's common to be surprised at his prowess.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu

He's good if you only plan to finish the main game. He really isn't good at all for later DLC because of his stat caps and skills.

zroid

Banned
I suppose we should get the wall of shame out of the way

5FXcTZb.png

Personally, I really liked Marth's map for grinding Olivia and her supports since unlike most spotpass teams, the boss will stay where she is and allow you to just dance forever. Tedious as hell though. Also, the villages give great items (yay free Brave Sword).

Speaking of Olivia, it's weird, usually I always have a dancer or its equivalent in my party in every FE, and I fully intended to keep Olivia at the beginning, but...it just felt more trouble than it was worth without grinding her unlike the other equivalent units I had used before. Anyone else felt the same?

Gvaz

Banned
I've done all the missions, beaten all but the last mission of the game, have only the 3 most recent dlc left to do, and I've fought every single spotpass character.

I'm only at 7630 renown. What the fuck, how can anyone get 99999

Draxal

Best three first gen characters for endgame are the Avatar/Chrom(Dual Attack + is amazing)/Cordelia(has by far the strongest class combination of first gen chars).

Personally, I really liked Marth's map for grinding Olivia and her supports since unlike most spotpass teams, the boss will stay where she is and allow you to just dance forever. Tedious as hell though. Also, the villages give great items (yay free Brave Sword).

Speaking of Olivia, it's weird, usually I always have a dancer or its equivalent in my party in every FE, and I fully intended to keep Olivia at the beginning, but...it just felt more trouble than it was worth without grinding her unlike the other equivalent units I had used before. Anyone else felt the same?

Galeforce/Pairing Up/Rescue staff just reduces her value a ton. She's a decent unit but grinding her is so boring.

ffdgh

My galeforce assassin olivia is so much fun. Access to bows and not being a sitting duck after using them is so good.

kuppy

So what's the deal with the dlc?
I heard a rant that you get a extra location on the map that you can always visit which in the end means that you can grind (kind of game or at least the original conecept breaking). Is that true?
Is the dlc worth to spend money on / does ot add something really game adding?

Yeah and difficulty..
I was planing to play it on classic in the second run or should I go all in right away? :D

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
I made Olivia get all them skills and switched her back to dancer because of dat outfit. Only downside is her 5 movement =(

Chrom

So what's the deal with the dlc?
I heard a rant that you get a extra location on the map that you can always visit which in the end means that you can grind (kind of game or at least the original conecept breaking). Is that true?
Is the dlc worth to spend money on / does ot add something really game adding?D

It is completely true. You can grind your life away with DLC, but that's only up to you if you want to do so. But then again, you don't need DLC to do that anyway.

As a fan of the whole series, I really enjoy the game's DLC for all the classic throwbacks to the older games. There's useful skills and classes that you can only get via DLC, as well as some interesting map scenarios, but in the grand scheme of things, none of it is major and you can play the game just fine without any of it. Ultimately, though, I think it all adds a lot of good value to the game.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
I'd completely ignored this, but read the writeup on a whim- marriage and children?! Is this like Fire Emblem 4 more than the later ones?

Chrom

One quick question: Is it better to pair up units or have them on the adjacent squares in battles.

Generally speaking, I think it is better to have them together, but after playing Lunatic, I can't say I'd throw a blanket statement saying one is completely better than the other. Sometimes you want those Pair Up bonuses, sometimes you want to have your guys fight independently.

I'd completely ignored this, but read the writeup on a whim- marriage and children?! Is this like Fire Emblem 4 more than the later ones?

Yeah, it is much like Fire Emblem 4.

Pastry

Banned
I'm American but I just got the game so I'm playing with you Eurodudes. Having some trouble on Chapter 6 but I think I finally have it figured out... Hopefully.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Fuck, considering buying a 3DS for this but I bought a Vita some weeks ago.
#firstworldproblems

My console time will be divided between Soul Sacrifice and Fire Emblem. Best gaming april I ever had.

Busaiku

One quick question: Is it better to pair up units or have them on the adjacent squares in battles.

Pair Up is generally better, but having characters next to each other allows you to rush through maps quicker.
Keeping units paired up increases your rate of survival though.

Animekatt

Such an awesome game. I finished the main storyline last week, but will dive into the DLC sometime later. I really need to work on my backlog!

Chrom and Gaius are my menfu.

Top Bottom