• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

One quick question: Is it better to pair up units or have them on the adjacent squares in battles.

Pair up is usually the best option because of the Dual Strike/Guard and stat bonus.

However, unless they have Galeforce they can only kill one enemy each, were as if they are adjacent/independent they can at least have their own attack phase and some skills are better off when used with individual units like Anathema.

NeonZ

So what's the deal with the dlc?
I heard a rant that you get a extra location on the map that you can always visit which in the end means that you can grind (kind of game or at least the original conecept breaking). Is that true?

Any DLC chapter is fully replayable (and, unlike Bonus team battles, they give experience even if you play on Lunatic and Lunatic +). So, yes, it's true that you can break the game by grinding through DLC.

Is the dlc worth to spend money on / does ot add something really game adding?

Every DLC is a standalone chapter with extras. There are two DLC maps that come with new classes, so you might want to check those. 4 of the DLC maps come with new skills, there are also three maps made for grinding (one to easily get gold, one to easily get experience and another to (not so easily, but still quickly) get copies of otherwise unique weapons.

Many DLCs also come with new characters from previous FE games, but they're basically just pre-made Avatars with some extra skills (and have no story or dialogue after joining the player). The later DLC maps also are often harder than any story maps, so if you like grinding, they're basically the only things that will put up a challenge.

ffdgh

I'm American but I just got the game so I'm playing with you Eurodudes. Having some trouble on Chapter 6 but I think I finally have it figured out... Hopefully.

Important question, did you talk to the thief with orange hair that talks in the beginning of the chaper with chrom? if you didn't or killed him, i suggest restarting to recruit him.

To trigger support bonuses from standard supports, do I need to place the relevant characters directly adjacent to each other, or can I place them 2 squares away from each other like FE Blazing Sword?

Chrom

What's the bug? I might try to do it...I have 2 3DSs lol gotta replay some mission and should be easy though, unless it happens due to higher level stuff.

Apparently there's this bug where having SpotPass characters in your party causes a generic team to be generated instead on the other person's 3DS, or something like that. I want to say this is DLC related too, but I don't remember.

Apparently there's this bug where having SpotPass characters in your party causes a generic team to be generated instead on the other person's 3DS, or something like that. I want to say this is DLC related too, but I don't remember.
Okay will try when the spot pass characters come lol.
Edit:
Yeah they could have waited at least until the week end :lol:
Lol Euro GAF has been repressed by that 2 month delay I guess XD

Chrom

To trigger support bonuses from standard supports, do I need to place the relevant characters directly adjacent to each other, or can I place them 2 squares away from each other like FE Blazing Sword?

Support bonuses only work when the two units are fighting together in battle.

DrWong

Nnng... still need to go take my pre-order at my shop. It's been 2 days since their call, couldn't find the time to go.

So many waifu talk

It's all about dem waifus.
A6OZalyl.jpg

Oh by the way I saw in this game (PAL) "Honor" was spelt the British way, i.e. "Honour", so I guess NoE used the 8-4 script and edited even the British/American english differences, unless "honour" was spelt this way in the NA version?

Chrom

Oh by the way I saw in this game (PAL) "Honor" was spelt the British way, i.e. "Honour", so I guess NoE used the 8-4 script and edited even the British/American english differences, unless "honour" was spelt this way in the NA version?

NA doesn't use any British spellings at all, so you can bet that it was edited specifically for the PAL version.

Shahadan

I've always wondered...are the blocks dropping in the game logo on the eshop actual blocks? I mean, is the download progressing 4 blocks at a time? I've noticed that sometimes there is only 2 or 3.

Chrom

I've always wondered...are the blocks dropping in the game logo on the eshop actual blocks? I mean, is the download progressing 4 blocks at a time? I've noticed that sometimes there is only 2 or 3.

I don't think so. I always thought it was just meant to represent how fast your download is going, nothing more.

MoogPaul

I'm in Manhattan so I get about 12 to 13 tags a day. Over 50% of the tags are always last played Fire Emblem.
I also get a bunch of etrian tags and today got my first soul hackers.

So proud of NYC.

NekoFever

My copy's been delivered but I won't be at home to pick it up until Sunday :(

I'm right near the end of Radiant Historia so I guess it's time to polish that off before then.

NA doesn't use any British spellings at all, so you can bet that it was edited specifically for the PAL version.

This reminds me, Scully used the uniquely British term "Arse" instead of the American "Ass", now I have to wonder was this PAL exclusive word usage or not? this is vital information I assure you.

Kurita

PAL dude here (France), got the game Wednesday. Already played for 7 hours...
Quick question : do you guys recommend switching classes asap (i.e level 10) or is it better to wait?

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I'm in NA and just got the game this week, so I am right there with the PAL reinforcements. Fantastic game! I know that I said I didn't want to buy the DLC--this game is so good I will probably purchase it all.
The DLC isn't very good at all.

Nohar

PAL dude here (France), got the game Wednesday. Already played for 7 hours...
Quick question : do you guys recommend switching classes asap (i.e level 10) or is it better to wait?

Wait. In almost every cases, it's more interesting to wait until your unit reaches the 20th level (once a unit is promoted, it will win way more less experience points). There are, however, exceptions, such as Donnel, who is more interesting to promote (actually, to "change" class) earlier (at level 15 I believe ?). Also, once you got the skills you were looking for in a certain class, it may be more interesting to change/promote once you got those.

@Shahadan: I didn't choose them ;_; Amazon chose them for meee ;_;

kuppy

Hahaha, I guess you are just staring at this screen as I am :D

At the moment I constantly get 4 blocks. One block equals 128 kb, normally I should be able to download with 256kb/s. It takes around 4 seconds for two sets of those blocks to fly by, so for me it would fit but that could just be coincidence.

Kurita

Wait. In almost every cases, it's more interesting to wait until your unit reaches the 20th level (once a unit is promoted, it will win way more less experience points). There are, however, exceptions, such as Donnel, who is more interesting to promote (actually, to "change" class) earlier (at level 15 I believe ?). Also, once you got the skills you were looking for in a certain class, it may be more interesting to change/promote once you got those.

@Shahadan: I didn't choose them ;_; Amazon chose them for meee ;_;
I see, thanks.

Top Bottom