• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

Shahadan

Hahaha, I guess you are just staring at this screen as I am :D

At the moment I constantly get 4 blocks. One block equals 128 kb, normally I should be able to download with 256kb/s. It takes around 4 seconds for two sets of those blocks to fly by, so for me it would fit but that could just be coincidence.

Everytime I'm downloading something I want to count haha. I'll try with a small download someday.

My download is amost halfway done, I can't decide if it's surprisingly fast or annoyingly slow right now :lol

Lyonaz

Am downloading from the eShop now. Can't wait to play some. The DLC for the game are they also already available?

Chrom

This reminds me, Scully used the uniquely British term "Arse" instead of the American "Ass", now I have to wonder was this PAL exclusive word usage or not? this is vital information I assure you.

I believe you mean Sully. :p

But huh...that's interesting. Can't say I remember this being said, though.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
MC6wNCw.png
Still sitting there untouched, waiting to be played. Some day.... some day...

Whoo, on Chapter
now.

I also topped up my eShop wallet in anticipation for the DLC.

Tomorrow I'm getting the bundle. Good times!

Shahadan

I wish Miiverse was available for 3DS, this game's community would have been interesting.

And I would have had a place to bitch about previous FE on VC.
Gimme mah PoR on the wii u gamepad.
And starting with Sacred Stones for us non-screwed people would be nice >(

NeonZ

The DLC isn't very good at all.

It's very variable from map to map. The early character maps and legacy characters don't add much (although you can still go through them several times if you attempt to get all the unique character dialogue from each map - aside from their generic quotes, each allied npc has a conversation with a specific Awakening character, and each enemy has a battle conversation with a specific Awakening character, although the battle conversations are generally very short) and have fairly simple map design, but then some come with extras like 2 new classes and skills. The later DLC, which we started getting last week, has maps with more complex design and unique features, but don't add anything to the player like classes and skills.

The map that you got according to your post in the last topic, Leif's, happened to be one of the early maps with no extra features at all, just the basic map and the legacy character (which are always just a custom avatar with some skills that an avatar can't get).

Sleepy

Generally speaking, I think it is better to have them together, but after playing Lunatic, I can't say I'd throw a blanket statement saying one is completely better than the other. Sometimes you want those Pair Up bonuses, sometimes you want to have your guys fight independently.

Pair Up is generally better, but having characters next to each other allows you to rush through maps quicker.
Keeping units paired up increases your rate of survival though.

Do units that have been paired up gain support bonuses for conversations? Or does that just happen when they are side by side? I see hearts after battles when units are beside each other, but not when they have been paired up. Sorry to keep asking about this.

CorvoSol

Yeah, so I tried to get Inigo last night and decided that that map was crazy. On the same note, I tried to unlock the waifu class last night and got shown just how ridiculously BS that map is. My party is a full four levels higher than the enemies and still nobody can hit these goddamn Myrmidons/Swordmasters.

Myrmidon/Swordmaster is the most absurdly broken class sometimes, I swear.

Chrom

Do units that have been paired up gain support bonuses for conversations? Or does that just happen when they are side by side? I see hearts after battles when units are beside each other, but not when they have been paired up. Sorry to keep asking about this.

Supports are boosted whenever the two are involved in combat together, and only if the two are compatible with each other.

Sleepy

Supports are boosted whenever the two are involved in combat together, and only if the two are compatible with each other.

Yeah, I don't exactly understand that. So, if I don't see hearts for paired units they will not eventually get the conversations? This game makes me feel like Peter Griffin.

BHh5N_thumb.jpg

ffdgh

Yeah, so I tried to get Inigo last night and decided that that map was crazy. On the same note, I tried to unlock the waifu class last night and got shown just how ridiculously BS that map is. My party is a full four levels higher than the enemies and still nobody can hit these goddamn Myrmidons/Swordmasters.

Myrmidon/Swordmaster is the most absurdly broken class sometimes, I swear.

Did they have any breaker skills?

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Yeah, I don't exactly understand that. So, if I don't see hearts for paired units they will not eventually get the conversations? This game makes me feel like Peter Griffin.

BHh5N_thumb.jpg

Units that can't support each other won't get any hearts when ending a turn next to each other or paired up.

Khrno

The DLC is not available yet. I've been spamming Anna since 20 min ago, and nothing shows up, so I'm just gonna wait until the morning for that.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
OH...so some characters have no conversations with others at all. Interesting...

Only the legacy characters have no supports. All the Awakening characters can support with your avatar, plus at least a couple other characters. Generally it's only the later characters (+Anna) that have very few supports.

Sleepy

Thanks for the explanations and the help. I will probably stay away from that chart until my second playthrough.

Rarutos

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but, doesn't this week's Spotpass notification for the teams make it sound like there's going to be more teams?

"This week's team is the first of a selection assorted from different Fire Emblem games. They're not grouped by any specific game, so... let's just call them "Other," shall we?"

I mean, I doubt it, but it kind of implies that there will be more "Other" teams. Which is odd.

Chrom

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but, doesn't this week's Spotpass notification for the teams make it sound like there's going to be more teams?

"This week's team is the first of a selection assorted from different Fire Emblem games. They're not grouped by any specific game, so... let's just call them "Other," shall we?"

I mean, I doubt it, but it kind of implies that there will be more "Other" teams. Which is odd.

That's not really how I read it myself. Plus, I would think Japan would've gotten it a long time ago if there were really more.

Wiseblade

That download was the longest 35 minutes ever. But watching experience bars go up on new characters for the first time in years has brought out that tingly feeling in me.

NeonZ

the wording is goofed up.

So in Japan, there's no other "Other" teams other than this one?

Yes, no more teams at all. It'd be a nice surprise to get an Others 2 though... it shouldn't be hard to implement considering how they're all just avatars with custom stats and skills, and old art for portraits. On the other hand, the Spotpass notification updates have had some pretty big mistakes before in their descriptions, and this would be just an implication, so that line most likely doesn't mean anything.

Top Bottom