• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Fates coming to Europe on May 20th

redcrayon

Extremely helpful, thanks! And I wondering why I was producing so much ruby and milk!
Fighting in enemy castles or defending yours is worth doing to grind support, particularly for weak characters in classic as nobody dies. Nobody gets experience though, so I generally just visit their castle instead to get the resources and mooch around in their shops! :D

BowieZ

Banned
Fighting in enemy castles or defending yours is worth doing to grind support, particularly for weak characters in classic as nobody dies. Nobody gets experience though, so I generally just visit their castle instead to get the resources and mooch around in their shops! :D
I only recently realised just how vital pairing people up is (well, especially opposite gender, besides Niles, who is currently my avatar's sultry sexy husband!), wherever possible -- mainly in Conquest, at least.

At first it seems dumb to HALVE how many active attacking characters you have on a map (or at least, halving how many ENEMIES you're actively attacking, since in a pair both players will usually attack), but if you play it right, your pair is usually impervious, meaning you can often just sit one pair alone as it takes on a horde of enemies during their turn. This of course means your pair will fall in love and produce offspring which open up the paralogues for the generation of extra vital XP, which is the name of the game.

I know, it's obvious to long time fans but Awakening was my first game and was much easier and more 'mindless' than Fates' Conquest.

Also, is there any real purpose to capturing bosses? I caught one and feel no need to add them to my usual roster. I just wonder whether it's more valuable to give the kill to a lesser character I want to foster... I guess it depends on how valuable you think the bosses are... anyone playing Conquest have any insight into great captureable bosses?

The list of possibles:

Haitaka
Kumagera (I've already caught and successfully persuaded)
Lloyd
Llewelyn
Nichol
Candace (currently thinking about her)
Tarba
Funke
Daichi
Gazak
Senno
Zhara

BowieZ

Banned
Haitaka is really useful on Conquest because he is pretty much your earliest user of Rally Defence.
Yeah, shame I didn't really learn about capturing until chapter 10! So annoying. (I had the prison but didn't know I could actually make use of it already, thanks to Niles.)

Sometimes I feel like the game could just go that ONE step further explaining basic strategies here and there. I mean I get that it has a manual and occasional hints, and doesn't want to overexplain everything, but for relative newbies there's a lot to take in and remember, and a little extra nudge here and there, maybe while roaming your castle, wouldn't go astray? (Like, instead of recycled convo from Niles about how cute I am, how about "Don't forget I have the ability to capture enemies when close enough!" or something.)

Fisico

I agree overall, but the last pages with the pixel art characters and the voice actors' signatures really put a smile on my face. I also liked the FE timeline they included (which shows you how many of the games the west missed out on, yay...).

Yeah, voice actors we will not hear and the timeline about the half dozen of games we didn't get :(

dgco86

LOL Computeruniverse just emailed me an estimated delivery date of 11 May 2017 if I'm reading this correctly.

Fire Emblem Fates: Special Edition (3DS)
Ihre Online-Bestellung vom 08.03.2016

(90641590)
Info Wareneingang bei uns voraussichtlich erwartet am 11.05.2017
(Aktuelle unverbindliche Angabe unseres Lieferanten)

Time to raise a Paypal dispute if they don't respond to my cancellation request.

Oxx

The Nintendo Store hasn't even picked my stock yet. I was hoping to get the game before a weekend of train journeys.

Danj

I got an email from Amazon.de today with a download code for a Home Screen Theme for the 3DS? Was that a preorder bonus or something?

Dee Dee

LOL Computeruniverse just emailed me an estimated delivery date of 11 May 2017 if I'm reading this correctly.

Time to raise a Paypal dispute if they don't respond to my cancellation request.

They instantly reacted when I sent a cancellation last week. I had the money refunded on my PayPal the next day. If you need help sending a cancellation in German, send me a PM.

Malrend

Well my copy finally arrived.
I say this in spite of it arriving 2 days before Amazon's originally predicted arrival date, thankfully I was home at the time.

Time to kill all the things.

dgco86

They instantly reacted when I sent a cancellation last week. I had the money refunded on my PayPal the next day. If you need help sending a cancellation in German, send me a PM.

Thanks for the offer. They sent the refund earlier today so everything is in order now.

Kookos

Holy shit, my order arrived today! I wasn't expecting it for at least a month because my last order from GAME (Xenoblade + Red Classic Controller Pro) took maybe 2 months to arrive.

Rafavert

Guys, small doubt:

Say I buy a version of the game and a friend of mine buys the other (both physical, of course).

If we play through one and then through the other's, will we still get the discount/access to the Revelations DLC?

redcrayon

Guys, small doubt:

Say I buy a version of the game and a friend of mine buys the other (both physical, of course).

If we play through one and then through the other's, will we still get the discount/access to the Revelations DLC?
Yes, Revelations isn't discounted or restricted depending on whether you own one or both of the others. It's the same price and just as accessible for someone who just owns a physical copy of Birthright as it is for someone who bought a physical copy of Birthright and then also downloaded the Conquest campaign as DLC.

It's not out for a few weeks yet though, but if you're playing through both campaigns they'll take at least 20 hours each anyway.

Rafavert

Yes, Revelations isn't discounted or restricted depending on whether you own one or both of the others. It's the same price and just as accessible for someone who just owns a physical copy of Birthright as it is for someone who bought a physical copy of Birthright and then also downloaded the Conquest campaign as DLC.

It's not out for a few weeks yet though, but if you're playing through both campaigns they'll take at least 20 hours each anyway.

Oh, thanks! I was under the impression we needed to play both to "unlock" Revelations.

Pleasant surprise today: I thought I'd have to wait until June 10th for my second shipment copy of the Collector's Edition, but now I got word it's coming tomorrow. Hyped as hell!

Danj

Pleasant surprise today: I thought I'd have to wait until June 10th for my second shipment copy of the Collector's Edition, but now I got word it's coming tomorrow. Hyped as hell!

Mine says it is preparing for shipment, but it's coming from Germany so it'll probably be the end of next week before it gets here (UK).

kubus

I got a LE from amazon.it on the original releasedate, but no theme code yet. Was that limited to specific Amazon stores?

KiraFA37

My copy from game.co.uk just arrived and I went out and got the new 3DS XL Fire Emblem console. I now own both the Awakening and Conquest/Birthright games and XL consoles. Now excuse me as I have some unboxing to do.

Shiggy

For those who are still looking for the game, prices seem to be going down now to more acceptable levels (110€ on eBay).

My second delivery is about to arrive today, originally only ordered it for the free download theme and to make sure that I really get the special edition. Probably the most expensive game I've bought after Broken Sword 5, so hoping it's worth it!

Danj

My LE just shipped from Amazon.de, it says it'll arrive Friday (which kinda sucks as I am out Friday). Hoping it'll get here earlier.

Top Bottom