• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Fates' localization doesn't have the petting minigame

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tesser

...and there are people who would defend this and say they would want it in?

And by people I mean those of the non-rabid sort...in the West...who like things in moderation.

Mortemis

Banned
I'm okay with this, was gonna just ignore it anyways.

I'm glad nintendo is telling us before hand what's out instead of just finding out when it drops.

gugeifer

Don't really like they way it's being trimmed on the way here.

Sure, the game isn't about that, but it keeps on losing stuff and not getting it.

Someone also pointed out there was a fuck ton of voiced dialogue in these so it may have actually been a financial decision to cut the game that also happens to work out since most Americans find the petting minigame creepy.

Flandy

oNdljCc.gif

This

oNdljCc.gif

I can't complain, really. Seemed pretty dumb.

This looks more silly/goofy to me than creepy ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

BTA

So a thing I just learned (or was reminded of; I think I heard it before) thanks to Twitter is that these bits had their voiced clips in binaural audio. I don't think it's that surprising that it was cut based on that alone, hmm.

sensui-tomo

...and there are people who would defend this and say they would want it in?

And by people I mean those of the non-rabid sort...in the West...who like things in moderation.

I want them to remove it from future pokemon games though, since a more restrictive version was cut out from FE Fates... In pokemon you can touch anywhere. IE touching Jynx's breasts.

Gaspard

Someone also pointed out there was a fuck ton of voiced dialogue in these so it may have actually been a financial decision to cut the game that also happens to work out since most Americans find the petting minigame creepy.

Oh yeah that is true. The English VAs probably didn't want to do it lol.

FluxWaveZ

I'm fine with changes, but I'm really not a fan of content outright getting cut out.

I guess... even though I hate the content itself. Just feels iffy.

Crocodile

Considering

A) It was unisex
B) You couldn't touch any "sensitive" areas

I always had a hard time understanding why people cared about this at all. Like usually even if I don't care at all about a thing, I can understand why others might care one way or the other. Here I never understood it. Why does anyone care about this? Why is the default reaction to this being a thing that existed not just "shrug whatever"?

I normally prefer content to be replaced with something else rather than it being removed but after watching a clip on youtube...what was the point of this? It just seemed so inconsequential and unnecessary.

Oh yeah that is true. The English VAs probably didn't want to do it lol.

They probably don't give a shit most of them have done worse, I'm talking NoA being cheap and not wanting to pay the time and money for all the va's to do several more hours of voice work.

Obligatory reminder that it's censoring but not censorship when a game, gasp, undergoes changes under development, and has regional differences. This practice is as old as the industry itself, but mysteriously never seemed to bother anyone until fairly recently.

sensui-tomo

If they replace this content with new content i'm happy, if not Its a shame they expect people to buy a game with cut content compared to its original release and sell it at full price.

Miracle

What did this petting mechanic actually do for your units in the Japanese version?

Did it affect any stats? Affection level? Etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom